What's new

Election results: Assam, Kerala, TN and West Bengal

He is a journalist, but his tendencies are towards rational thought and analysis. I have found him to be supportive of Hindutva in some literary festival meet. Maybe Bangalore book festival. not sure.

http://scroll.in/article/694155/why-shouldnt-journalists-get-rich-asks-shekhar-gupta

...excerpts from his interview....

The Indian Express had perhaps the best reportage on the Gujarat violence in 2002. Is that something that bothers you now, in terms of access?

Not at all. I must say with great satisfaction that Modi once told me that nobody has caused me more harm than your paper. You attack me for Hindutva but that’s fine because I believe in Hindutva. But when I do something good, you must acknowledge that.

The tough thing in Gujarat was to continue covering the Gujarat story as it evolved and not remain frozen in 2002. At the same, we had to make sure we didn’t forget 2002 either. How do you create that simultaneity? Fact is that what happened in 2002 was unforgivable and inexcusable. Yet it is also the reality of Gujarat that the chief minister won three elections and there was good governance and economic growth.

That’s where a big test comes. All of us vote. Even the chief justice of India, the president and the chief election commissioner vote. So how do you separate your journalism from your voting preferences?
Nah I still don't believe that he is a pro BJP, pro-"who ever is in government" might be but I just can't digest what you say.

Left is kind of wiped out from Bengal.......... From what i read or understood, that Mamta's regime was worse than that of Left's....... If that is the case how come she won 2/3rd majority????

By being better than them at what Left does best.

1) Left is left and she is far left.
2) Left appeases minorities, she presents them as the gift from the almighty.
3) Left like to distribute freebies, she outdo them.
4) Left likes goons and homemade bombs, she opens up factories for crude bombs.

No he is not. He is one of the Augusta Patrakars and has/had intimate relations with Congress. Ever since he was kicked out of Indian Express he is trying to mend his ways (mildly), he is a rudderless boat in the sea.

I am talking about his views TODAY. Maybe his circumstances have made him see the light .... that does not matter.

He may very well be one of the Augusta Patrakars. Most Patrakars are that type. I do not know a single journalist who doe not sell their pen to the highest bidder as long as they get their story.

Left is kind of wiped out from Bengal.......... From what i read or understood, that Mamta's regime was worse than that of Left's....... If that is the case how come she won 2/3rd majority????

Yes Sir.
It looks like quite a bit of Left Votes have shifted to BJP, which has resulted in this shock for commies in WB.

Lolzzz.....

Yes Sir.
It looks like quite a bit of Left Votes have shifted to BJP, which has resulted in this shock for commies in WB.

Congress has done comparatively better in bengal........

Himanta, I think won by 90,000..

Bhala hain, bura hain, jaisa bhi hain.. Mera name-mate hain... :taz:

And I see a lot of Oxomiya guys here.. I only knew Jaunty & Zoo tiniali was from Assam, back in the days when I was active here.. Great!!
I got to know only today that @jaunty is from assam.

Lolzzz.....

Congress has done comparatively better in bengal........

HEHE...
That single fact probably will make many party weary of joining with Congees.
How can a major party has no dedicated Cadre and survive!!

BJP went soft in bengal election they didn't wanted to spend too much political capital after loss in Bihar.

Nah I still don't believe that he is a pro BJP, pro-"who ever is in government" might be but I just can't digest what you say.

Fair enough. Its a matter of reading between the lines. You may not hear what I hear, I may not see what you see.

Arnab seems to be a pro BJP guy but that does not stop him from trashing the BJP time and again.

With journalists we need to see what is beyond 'obvious'. He is not a party spokesperson. His job is to remain neutral and report the news. He is more of a M J Akbar kind of guy.

Certainly not a Rajdeep sardesai. ........... but then again its all a matter of opinion and is not really worth talking about.

No he is not. He is one of the Augusta Patrakars and has/had intimate relations with Congress. Ever since he was kicked out of Indian Express he is trying to mend his ways (mildly), he is a rudderless boat in the sea.

When he was in IE, he was quite supportive of BJP. It is actually now he is becoming hostile/less supportive.

I like this. West Bengal should never lose its rightful place in the Sun as the dhimmihood citadel of Islam. People there should be allowed to stew in the radical leftist juice.

He may very well be one of the Augusta Patrakars. Most Patrakars are that type. I do not know a single journalist who doe not sell their pen to the highest bidder as long as they get their story.

There is selling pen to highest bidder and then there is doing it right in front of the whole world and claiming innocence.

When he was in IE, he was quite supportive of BJP. It is actually now he is becoming hostile/less supportive.

I think you are mistaking IE for Shekhar Gupta. For eg., Dadri was an IE exclusive and a single isolated incident became a national issue for months. It wasn't Gupta's but it was RK Jha's baby.

IE is more hostile today but doesn't change anything about Gupta.

I like this. West Bengal should never lose its rightful place in the Sun as the dhimmihood citadel of Islam. People there should be allowed to stew in the radical leftist juice.

Both Left and TMC will continue to bend the people of WB till they break and then it'll be the greatest sight ever.

They say you are what you eat, I'll say you are whom you vote.

:lol: .......... now that is just mean :lol:

:D Snake pit therapy is the only cure for severely mentally ill people.

Both Left and TMC will continue to bend the people of WB till they break and then it'll be the greatest sight ever.

They say you are what you eat, I'll say you are whom you vote.

Agreed.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom