What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Let's see what will happen

Yeah let's see what happens. Hopefully it works out since as much as I like the Tejas and associated munitions, I still thinks this is the better option for the EAF industry to get on track not to mention the quality of the aircraft itself. They just have to guard on secrecy for vital options.

image_5a47c8c3701055_88326551.jpg

Yeah let's see what happens. Hopefully it works out since as much as I like the Tejas and associated munitions, I still thinks this is the better option for the EAF industry to get on track not to mention the quality of the aircraft itself. They just have to guard on secrecy for vital options.

image_5a47c8c3701055_88326551.jpg
Honestly I really doubt about the quality of the Tejas, I trust more the S.Korean than Indians in terms of military equipment and their qualities. I prefer much more the FA-50 than the Tejas. If we have the full source code of the FA-50, we have a potential deadly aircraft. Who knows we can even integrate some Indians missiles like SAAWs (we are interested to procure them) and other emiratis, french missiles.

Honestly I really doubt about the quality of the Tejas, I trust more the S.Korean than Indians in terms of military equipment and their qualities. I prefer much more the FA-50 than the Tejas. If we have the full source code of the FA-50, we have a potential deadly aircraft. Who knows we can even integrate some Indians missiles like SAAWs (we are interested to procure them) and other emiratis, french missiles.

Agreed. I didn't mention the FA-50 but that was what I meant by the better option.

I think that sadly the Tejas will not succeed, too much delays and maybe the IAF doesn't trust it that much.

Not sur I agree with your assessment, with all due respect, Ghost. From Wiki and from my other Indian friends on this board.

AL Tejas: IAF MiG-21s are to be replaced by domestically built HAL Tejas.[166][167] The first Tejas IAF unit, No. 45 Squadron IAF Flying Daggers, was formed on 1 July 2016, followed by No. 18 Squadron IAF "Flying Bullets" on 27 May 2020.[168] Initially stationed at Bangalore, the first squadron was then to be transferred to its home base in Sulur, Tamil Nadu.[169] In February 2021, the Indian Air Force ordered 83 Tejas, including 40 Mark 1, 73 single-seat Mark 1As and 10 two-seat Mark 1 trainers.[170] Total 123 ordered.[171]

Sounds like it's well under operation.

Plus, it's sonly gonna get better but the main problem is they're strongly influenced by the Jews to not allow the potent weapons such as the Astra BVR which would never be part of the package. We would have other alternatives so as to keep them secret IMO.

The SK despite having some American parts has an indeginous AESA radar as well as locally produced AMRAAMs.

The SK despite having some American parts has an indeginous AESA radar as well as locally produced AMRAAMs.
Wait what,
Here's what wiki says
It is equipped with a modified Israeli EL/M-2032 pulse-Doppler radar with Korean-specific modifications by LIG Nex1.[21]
The EL/M-2032 was initially chosen over Lockheed Martin's preferred AN/APG-67(V)4 and SELEX Vixen 500E active electronically scanned array (AESA) radars. Other AESA radars such as Raytheon's AN/APG-79 and Northrop Grumman's AN/APG-83 are options for future production,[25][26] and may be shared with the radar chosen for USAF and ROKAF F-16 fighters.[27] Samsung Thales is also independently developing a domestic multi-mode AESA radar for the FA-50.[28]

As for the Tejas it will have uttam mk2 radar which is finishing it's testing phase (we are polishing up its software algorithms)

The difference between PESA and ASEA explained very well for those who want to understand the importance of having the latter more so than the former.
Is it like what I told you in the past that 22 fighters have an EESA radar from Leonardo Italy?

Wait what,
Here's what wiki says
It is equipped with a modified Israeli EL/M-2032 pulse-Doppler radar with Korean-specific modifications by LIG Nex1.[21]
The EL/M-2032 was initially chosen over Lockheed Martin's preferred AN/APG-67(V)4 and SELEX Vixen 500E active electronically scanned array (AESA) radars. Other AESA radars such as Raytheon's AN/APG-79 and Northrop Grumman's AN/APG-83 are options for future production,[25][26] and may be shared with the radar chosen for USAF and ROKAF F-16 fighters.[27] Samsung Thales is also independently developing a domestic multi-mode AESA radar for the FA-50.[28]

As for the Tejas it will have uttam mk2 radar which is finishing it's testing phase (we are polishing up its software algorithms)

While I appreciate everything you said, we don't want any APG of any sort and prefer the Uttam. Our 300 F-26 are loaded with one of the older APG except the 23 Block 52 and the point is to get away from all that; Notice their F-15 offer instead of the Su-35S was nothing but a load of dung? We're tired of their control and BS which was a big reason we went for the RBE2 in the Rafale and the 2 mega radar complexes from Russia so we can see every move they make and also never agreed and refused the Patriot garbage and chose our old updated as well as the S300vm and the IRIT-SLM and others.

It your Uttam is ready and fully functional, they might sway them but until then, my opinion is not to go with the Tejas despite my admiration to you for building an indigenous fighter from start.

Is it like what I told you in the past that 22 fighters have an EESA radar from Leonardo Italy?

Please provide proof for that ya Joker. Even if it is true, and I will trust you for that, the Typhoon is $65,000 cost per hour of flight compared to $11,000 per hour of flight for the Rafale. Why put ourself through such terrible cost. These won't be able to fly except once a week, if that! Doesn't make sense Habibi even with Leonardo AESA radars which undoubtedly the Brits know all about it. I just don't think it is wise at this point. Not to mention the ridiculous cost of the AC.

Last edited:
It your Uttam is ready and fully functional, they might sway them but until then, my opinion is not to go with the Tejas despite my admiration to you for building an indigenous fighter from start.
Tejas mk1a delivery will start from FY 2024, HAL has a production rate of 24 Tejas aircrafts per year (HAL plans to complete the order by FY 2028 so HAL will produce nearly 20 aircrafts per year).
Now if we look at the radar every aircraft from the 21st one will have indigenous uttam mk2 radar, so we can safely say we will be seeing uttam mk2 on fighter aircrafts from FY 2025.

Honestly Tejas has less strings attached than the FA-50. because India is more likely to defy American requests than the Koreans.
Not to mention If Israel wanted to sabotage this procurement they could very easily pressurise America into denying any aircraft with an American engine in it.

Last edited:
Please provide proof for that ya Joker. Even if it is true, and I will trust you for that, the Typhoon is $65,000 cost per hour of flight compared to $11,000 per hour of flight for the Rafale. Why put ourself through such terrible cost. These won't be able to fly except once a week, if that! Doesn't make sense Habibi even with Leonardo AESA radars which undoubtedly the Brits know all about it. I just don't think it is wise at this point. Not to mention the ridiculous cost of the AC.
Are you sure ya Gomig that EFT is 65,000$ per hour because it is fucking huge. I wanted to check this infos to "verify" and I found that the cost per fight is approx between 10 to 20,000$ per hour.

@Gomig-21

There is a chance where we officialize the FA-50 in EDEX-23 or in this Egypt Air Show

Let's see what will happen
Not sure where I found it. but will look for it again. Believe me. the tranche 4 is way more expensive that the Rafale 4-1 because too many countries are involved in its building and all want a fair share. Look at the F-22 Raptor is &80 per hour flight and parts are produced all over the states.

Tejas mk1a delivery will start from FY 2024, HAL has a production rate of 24 Tejas aircrafts per year (HAL plans to complete the order by FY 2028 so HAL will produce nearly 20 aircrafts per year).
Now if we look at the radar every aircraft from the 21st one will have indigenous uttam mk2 radar, so we can safely say we will be seeing uttam mk2 on fighter aircrafts from FY 2025.

As you know, i've always admired the tejas especially when it did an over g push for a long while when other western aircraft do it for a short stint.

unfortunately, there is the major Israeli factor which we have to guard against to the most of our ability.

We need to reduce out independency on the dreaded grip of satan, the full protector of the filthy zionists
This is major problem for many muslim countries
But solution is there in joint ventures at least b/w geopolitically non rival muslim countries like Pakistan, Egypt,Malaysia, Indonesia,etc.
Pakistan is good in rocket/Missile tech
and is open to collaboration
Fw0c4qDaQAM-auW.jpeg

Indonesia has 20% share in Korean KFX project.5-10years down the line,they will serious know-how about aviation technologies.
FyJlH-NaIAAIRvi.jpg

This is major problem for many muslim countries
But solution is there in joint ventures at least b/w geopolitically non rival muslim countries like Pakistan, Egypt,Malaysia, Indonesia,etc.
Pakistan is good in rocket/Missile tech
and is open to collaboration
View attachment 933611

Indonesia has 20% share in Korean KFX project.5-10years down the line,they will serious know-how about aviation technologies.
View attachment 933612
To have a good defense industry, you must maintain some "rules" like to have stability (economical stabilty, social stability) etc.. Rn Pakistan and Egypt aren't that economical stable but Inshallah we will have one.
But I agree with you.

Back
Top Bottom