What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

The idea to have F-16 viper block is impossible. Ma howa zay eleto if we get them then we don't advanced equipments with it like the AIM-120. Plus F-35 does a lot of problems that's why USA will decrease the number of production.
The US has just ordered more than 300 F-35s..don't believe those BS articles saying it is a dude..

Why are you posting Philippines news here?
Maybe he was thinking about CAATSA.. but he doesn't remember that they couldn't apply it to India..neither to Egypt.. the Philippines are usually in the US camp, the new president is unlike his predecessor Duerte who was criticizing the US day and night.. this one is Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr the son of Imelda Marcos ..remember her 1000 shoes wardrobe..HaHa!

Why are you posting Philippines news here?
Because of our deal SU-35 deal.
The US has just ordered more than 300 F-35s..don't believe those BS articles saying it is a dude..

Because of our deal SU-35 deal.

10 days ago..

Pentagon and Lockheed reach deal to build 375 F-35 fighter jets

https://www.reuters.com/business/ae...-deal-build-375-f-35-fighter-jets-2022-07-19/

1659067898321.png

the only way to upgrade them is locally
its a losing game to play with the US
I think you have to make USA must accept the upgrade so you can do it by yourself. The problem is that we don't build (maybe in secret) advanced things for the F-16 ya3ni like AESA radar, pods etc... So we must do it through another country like Turkey or I think I saw post here where we can upgrade them with a portuguese company.

Last edited:
Maybe he was thinking about CAATSA.. but he doesn't remember that they couldn't apply it to India..neither to Egypt.. the Philippines are usually in the US camp, the new president is unlike his predecessor Duerte who was criticizing the US day and night.. this one is Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr the son of Imelda Marcos ..remember her 1000 shoes wardrobe..HaHa!

Yes, definitely I remember her and her massive shoe collection. My point is if truly moderated, that video really had nothing pertaining to the Egyptian Armed Forces. Even if the Philippines canceled that deal because of CAATSA, still has nothing to do with the EAF unless it mentions an actual correlation. Just my opinion. "Bongbong" lmaooo.

Speaking of CAATSA and the EAF, seems like the negotiations with the US on the F-15s must be really tough which is actually a good sign. The longer it takes means the tougher the EAF is being at not accepting lame conditions. The problem also is it delays the Su-35 decision. So many things are hanging in the balance, here. And they're not small items.

1) F-15s
2) F-16 upgrades
3) Su-35SE
4) Eurofighter Typhoon
5) The rest of the Mega Deal
6) Rafale F-3R upgrade
7) Meteor missile
8) A330 MRTT Tankers
9) Spy Satellite
10) Tejas & Indian deals?
11) T-90 MS local assembly

The only thing we really know is happening are the Apache upgrade and additional choppers (I think) the 8 C-130Js on order and the 6 MEKOs. Other than that, so many questions with all those 11 items listed and most of those are huge deals.

The other thing I was thinking of with all these new systems and especially fighters in the EAF & Naval vessels is the EAF needs to really invest in upgrading its ELINT & SIGINT capabilities. AWACs I think they're in decent shape with the 8 E-2Cs that have been upgraded and that there was a possibility of purchasing the E-2D. But as far as ELINT & SIGINT caps, I think they could use a major upgrade.

We can start with the EAF platforms they could use since they certainly need to upgrade the Beechcraft 1900C and get something much more powerful and capable ones to work the skies, then they need ground, ship and submarine ELINT systems which I'm sure they have to a certain degree and I'm guessing between all the new frigates and the Type 209 submarines, the mega command and control center with the Protivnik-GE & Resonance-SE that have their intelligence gathering all taken care of with those three platforms, leaving really the only one that needs a major upgrade (simply from what we know) is the EAF.

They really can't rely on any US platforms unfortunately for obvious reasons and too bad since they really have the best ones out there. Perhaps the A330s MRTT could also function as ELINT/SIGINT gathering and analyzing intel platform on top of its A2A refueling role? There certainly is enough room in that aircraft to set up an entire, state of the art ELINT package. Or perhaps they can assemble their own using the new Brazilian KC-390 and equip it with Chinese, German, Russian or even French systems to gather intel and then pass it on to whatever they're using for SIGINT analyzing or have a platform performing both functions simultaneously.

I'm not even sure which platform they're currently using for EW? Is it the Beechcraft 1900C or do they actually possess a pair of C-130 Compass Calls that take on the role of electronic warfare like that guy mentioned on one of his Military Squares videos. Nothing suggests the EAF has compass call C-130s but that would be great if they did. I hope he was right with that.

So what should they do in you fellas opinions to improve their ELINT/SIGINT platforms and their aerial dedicated EW? A dedicated platform would be much better, I think, then the AWACs performing IFF radar/target acquisition AND electronic warfare. Although I could be wrong but let's assume that they keep their E-2Cs while getting new E-2Ds and get dedicated or additional heavy combined AWACs and electronic warfare platforms.

1659113810832.png

Yes, definitely I remember her and her massive shoe collection. My point is if truly moderated, that video really had nothing pertaining to the Egyptian Armed Forces. Even if the Philippines canceled that deal because of CAATSA, still has nothing to do with the EAF unless it mentions an actual correlation. Just my opinion. "Bongbong" lmaooo.

Speaking of CAATSA and the EAF, seems like the negotiations with the US on the F-15s must be really tough which is actually a good sign. The longer it takes means the tougher the EAF is being at not accepting lame conditions. The problem also is it delays the Su-35 decision. So many things are hanging in the balance, here. And they're not small items.

1) F-15s
2) F-16 upgrades
3) Su-35SE
4) Eurofighter Typhoon
5) The rest of the Mega Deal
6) Rafale F-3R upgrade
7) Meteor missile
8) A330 MRTT Tankers
9) Spy Satellite
10) Tejas & Indian deals?
11) T-90 MS local assembly

The only thing we really know is happening are the Apache upgrade and additional choppers (I think) the 8 C-130Js on order and the 6 MEKOs. Other than that, so many questions with all those 11 items listed and most of those are huge deals.

The other thing I was thinking of with all these new systems and especially fighters in the EAF & Naval vessels is the EAF needs to really invest in upgrading its ELINT & SIGINT capabilities. AWACs I think they're in decent shape with the 8 E-2Cs that have been upgraded and that there was a possibility of purchasing the E-2D. But as far as ELINT & SIGINT caps, I think they could use a major upgrade.

We can start with the EAF platforms they could use since they certainly need to upgrade the Beechcraft 1900C and get something much more powerful and capable ones to work the skies, then they need ground, ship and submarine ELINT systems which I'm sure they have to a certain degree and I'm guessing between all the new frigates and the Type 209 submarines, the mega command and control center with the Protivnik-GE & Resonance-SE that have their intelligence gathering all taken care of with those three platforms, leaving really the only one that needs a major upgrade (simply from what we know) is the EAF.

They really can't rely on any US platforms unfortunately for obvious reasons and too bad since they really have the best ones out there. Perhaps the A330s MRTT could also function as ELINT/SIGINT gathering and analyzing intel platform on top of its A2A refueling role? There certainly is enough room in that aircraft to set up an entire, state of the art ELINT package. Or perhaps they can assemble their own using the new Brazilian KC-390 and equip it with Chinese, German, Russian or even French systems to gather intel and then pass it on to whatever they're using for SIGINT analyzing or have a platform performing both functions simultaneously.

I'm not even sure which platform they're currently using for EW? Is it the Beechcraft 1900C or do they actually possess a pair of C-130 Compass Calls that take on the role of electronic warfare like that guy mentioned on one of his Military Squares videos. Nothing suggests the EAF has compass call C-130s but that would be great if they did. I hope he was right with that.

So what should they do in you fellas opinions to improve their ELINT/SIGINT platforms and their aerial dedicated EW? A dedicated platform would be much better, I think, then the AWACs performing IFF radar/target acquisition AND electronic warfare. Although I could be wrong but let's assume that they keep their E-2Cs while getting new E-2Ds and get dedicated or additional heavy combined AWACs and electronic warfare platforms.

View attachment 866106

Egypt getting C-130 ELINT capability​

18th Jan 2017

https://www.defenceweb.co.za/aerospace/aerospace-aerospace/egypt-getting-c-130-elint-capability/

Egyptian Air Force EC-130H Compass Call at Le Bourget airport.

1659117524912.png

Not sure it is a compass call though.. or maybe a degraded version..

This is the US compass call

Maybe buy the same Global Express 6000 aircraft modified by Marshall Group into an ELINT/SIGINT platform,, like the UAE did..

1659124160971.png

https://theaviationist.com/2017/07/...thering-plane-during-flight-trials-in-the-uk/

Or France's Falcon 8X SIGINT

1659124070839.png

Japan makes the Kawasaki RC-2 Elint

1659124399002.png

1659124496621.png

https://theaviationist.com/2018/06/...variant-operating-from-iruma-air-base-emerge/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom