What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

ana masry but I dont know how to change my country

Excellent, very happy to see the Egyptian contingency here growing rapidly and representing.

To change your country flags and location, just go up to the top right of the page (any page you're on) and click onto your username you see there. Once you click the name, you'll get choices to select from. Select "Account Details". Once that opens up, you'll see down in the middle a bunch of choices and the two you need will be right there, Country and Location you can just type in whichever ones you want (and you can even select a picture for your avatar there also) and when you're done and satisfied with everything, press "Save" and it should automatically fix things for you. Let us know if you have any other questions.

A fighter jet has been lost to a technical malfunction during a training flight, pilot survived, aircraft and location are disclosed.

Details MoD, details!

Excellent, very happy to see the Egyptian contingency here growing rapidly and representing.

To change your country flags and location, just go up to the top right of the page (any page you're on) and click onto your username you see there. Once you click the name, you'll get choices to select from. Select "Account Details". Once that opens up, you'll see down in the middle a bunch of choices and the two you need will be right there, Country and Location you can just type in whichever ones you want (and you can even select a picture for your avatar there also) and when you're done and satisfied with everything, press "Save" and it should automatically fix things for you. Let us know if you have any other questions.
Crazy this forum still going on til now from 2011, I first saw this forum back in 2017 maybe and wanted to join since, took me a while to make my final decision 😄

The moment a military plane belonging to the forces securing the waterways of the Suez Canal crashed near the industrial zone east of Port Said, today, Sunday, June 19, 2022.

The squadron responsible for securing the waterway is an F-16 squadron..

The planes of this brigade in particular are from the peace vector 1 from the eighties

Last edited:
Crazy this forum still going on til now from 2011, I first saw this forum back in 2017 maybe and wanted to join since, took me a while to make my final decision 😄

Ikr. Quick story: there's probably about a dozen or so members on this forum and we all used to be on this other one called Iran Defense Forum, similar to this one but Iran was obviously the primary focus of the forum and we also had a pretty decent EAF topics and Egyptian contingency on there. As a matter of fact, Vondayaz and a few others from 73 Historians joined towards the end and were talking about how they were going to put together their animated videos on the wars etc.

I joined in 2009 until about 2012/13 when it fizzled out but one of the members there was a Pakistani fella who's user name was Abu Zulfiqar, and he had invited me and a bunch of other fellas to join this forum as he was part of its beginning/inception and was a moderator.

The amazing part was that he also lived in Egypt for several years, went to the same school I did (CAC Cairo American College) in Maadi but that was many years after I had graduated lol. I never did join this forum at that time since I was too busy to be on several forums at once etc. He also spoke almost perfect Arabic and was a really swell guy. When I joined here in 2016, a very short time after that he unfortunately had a motorcycle accident and passed away. It was unbelievable we were all in shock when that happened! He loved those crotch rockets and you know how dangerous they can be, even if you're careful. This was in Washington DC where he lived and was going to college there at the time IIRC. Just amazing what a small world we live in, isn't it?

Saw this pic and couldn't figure out if it was EAF F-16 pilots in the US at the General Electric engine factory during a site visit or if it's in Egypt at the new F-16 overhaul and maintenance depot. We know they have a lot of additional and new engines in storage for when they perform engine overhauls, but not sure where this is. Still thought it was pretty cool.

File was too large to upload so here's the link to the pic.

Hey SC, check this out, bro. This is the perfect design for Egypt to start its aviation program, or just pick up from where they left off with the Helwan HA-300 here......

1655681066419.png

........to something like this.

1655680756319.png

Looks like a hybrid Su-57, Su-30 (with the canards & stinger) and of course the MiG-29M/M2 with the vertical stabilizers. That would be a great day!

Last edited:
The squadron responsible for securing the waterway is an F-16 squadron..

The planes of this brigade in particular are from the peace vector 1 from the eighties

The other one flying while the parachute is descending also looks like an F-16.

This is getting so bad, reading some of the comments on the Arabic forum and how most of the members are hoping it was an F-16 and not a Rafale or a MiG-29M/M2. The resentment towards anything US made now, even the fighters is almost at its peak. And you can't blame them, really. Despite the US having actually been VERY generous to Egypt throughout the past 4-1/2 decades, the fact that we feel short-changed in that generosity (which is totally unfair to the US TBH) is rather selfish, when we stop for a minute and actually examine our views. But our reasoning is strictly based on being denied the better equipment, while our rival gets showered with them no questions asked. That sets a precedence and makes us feel this certain way which is really too bad.

The other thing is the hush hush crap way of the Egyptian MoD when it comes to things like this. They never share enough information to appease the public and only give out the obvious details like "a jet crashed and pilot survived near Port Said" and that's it. They never mention what aircraft an give better details just so that the crazy rumors don't start spreading like wildfire. Another item on the list of no good from the Egyptian army which really shouldn't be so ashamed of giving small details like that to avoid the inevitable shred or rumors.

So what if an airplane crashed? It happens to every single AF out there, especially ones that fly a lot like the EAF does. It's nothing to be ashamed of and if anything, the fact that the pilot got out safely is a testament to the training and they should be proud of it. Remember the Rafale/K-8 saga? Instead of coming out and telling it like it was and shutting everyone one up, they hush-hushed it and the rumors went wild! To the point where they were showing the Rafale pilot's picture on Facebook and international news was also speculating and making a mockery of the situation. Terrible. I hope they get it together.

The other one flying while the parachute is descending also looks like an F-16.

This is getting so bad, reading some of the comments on the Arabic forum and how most of the members are hoping it was an F-16 and not a Rafale or a MiG-29M/M2. The resentment towards anything US made now, even the fighters is almost at its peak. And you can't blame them, really. Despite the US having actually been VERY generous to Egypt throughout the past 4-1/2 decades, the fact that we feel short-changed in that generosity (which is totally unfair to the US TBH) is rather selfish, when we stop for a minute and actually examine our views. But our reasoning is strictly based on being denied the better equipment, while our rival gets showered with them no questions asked. That sets a precedence and makes us feel this certain way which is really too bad.

The other thing is the hush hush crap way of the Egyptian MoD when it comes to things like this. They never share enough information to appease the public and only give out the obvious details like "a jet crashed and pilot survived near Port Said" and that's it. They never mention what aircraft an give better details just so that the crazy rumors don't start spreading like wildfire. Another item on the list of no good from the Egyptian army which really shouldn't be so ashamed of giving small details like that to avoid the inevitable shred or rumors.

So what if an airplane crashed? It happens to every single AF out there, especially ones that fly a lot like the EAF does. It's nothing to be ashamed of and if anything, the fact that the pilot got out safely is a testament to the training and they should be proud of it. Remember the Rafale/K-8 saga? Instead of coming out and telling it like it was and shutting everyone one up, they hush-hushed it and the rumors went wild! To the point where they were showing the Rafale pilot's picture on Facebook and international news was also speculating and making a mockery of the situation. Terrible. I hope they get it together.

Ikr. Quick story: there's probably about a dozen or so members on this forum and we all used to be on this other one called Iran Defense Forum, similar to this one but Iran was obviously the primary focus of the forum and we also had a pretty decent EAF topics and Egyptian contingency on there. As a matter of fact, Vondayaz and a few others from 73 Historians joined towards the end and were talking about how they were going to put together their animated videos on the wars etc.

I joined in 2009 until about 2012/13 when it fizzled out but one of the members there was a Pakistani fella who's user name was Abu Zulfiqar, and he had invited me and a bunch of other fellas to join this forum as he was part of its beginning/inception and was a moderator.

The amazing part was that he also lived in Egypt for several years, went to the same school I did (CAC Cairo American College) in Maadi but that was many years after I had graduated lol. I never did join this forum at that time since I was too busy to be on several forums at once etc. He also spoke almost perfect Arabic and was a really swell guy. When I joined here in 2016, a very short time after that he unfortunately had a motorcycle accident and passed away. It was unbelievable we were all in shock when that happened! He loved those crotch rockets and you know how dangerous they can be, even if you're careful. This was in Washington DC where he lived and was going to college there at the time IIRC. Just amazing what a small world we live in, isn't it?

Saw this pic and couldn't figure out if it was EAF F-16 pilots in the US at the General Electric engine factory during a site visit or if it's in Egypt at the new F-16 overhaul and maintenance depot. We know they have a lot of additional and new engines in storage for when they perform engine overhauls, but not sure where this is. Still thought it was pretty cool.

File was too large to upload so here's the link to the pic.

Hey SC, check this out, bro. This is the perfect design for Egypt to start its aviation program, or just pick up from where they left off with the Helwan HA-300 here......

View attachment 855264

........to something like this.

View attachment 855262

Looks like a hybrid Su-57, Su-30 (with the canards & stinger) and of course the MiG-29M/M2 with the vertical stabilizers. That would be a great day!
Can you imagine that cute HA-300 bird had reached Mach 2 in the 60s tests..

Can you imagine that cute HA-300 bird had reached Mach 2 in the 60s tests..

It's a crying shame, SC, bro. Granted the Jews ruined everything and set us back decades, but we still had the ability to pick up the pieces and get going again a long time ago. Once Sadat was assassinated, that was the time to get all these military projects started and take the lead in many fields. Instead we stagnated thanks to that visionless Mubarak.

With a population at the time of approximately 40 million, the options in human resources were practically unlimited, yet we somehow managed to bungle even that great opportunity. Even now have more potential than back then with a 105+ million population to tap into and we're just figuring this out with that recent announcement of investing in the civilian sector to propose military projects. Long time coming.

It's never too late as with the present level of technology and science -- especially in the computer field and artificial intelligence -- things could actually be much easier and quicker to bring about. The only impeding factors are the usual, financing and political indifferences. But if anyone has the wherewithal to bring about such an endeavor, it's this man right here.

1655691547195.png

He needs to get it started quickly, though, before his time is up. Logistics and factories and specific facilities can all be built as the process progresses. With computer cad programs and all the super smart young people in Egypt these days, coming up with a computerized design that takes into account aerodynamics, minimal radar cross section, makeup schedules for titanium which Egypt is rich in natural resources to produce from locally mined natural ore. Then if they wanted to really lighten the aircraft and make it out of the best available material out there just like the Eurofighter Typhoon is made of, they could easily make the same super plastic forming diffusion bonding that the EFT has in 80% of its structure and panels. It can even go further and really get into the intricate and advanced forms of carbon fiber and other composites to keep up the strength, reduce the effects of corrosion and really reduce the RCS with stealth shaping like in that image I posted.

The only difficult part in all of this would be the engines. Engines as everyone knows are the most difficult items to produce on a local basis and really require decades of trial and error etc. Even if they had permission and help to reverse-engineer let's say a FADEC RD-33MK, it's still an absolute nightmare just to land the perfect composition of metallurgy to make up the metals that absorb and withstand the intense heat of military power and combustion with afterburners. But they could always purchase those engines from Sukhoi and Russia, easily use them to get prototypes going while they keep working on producing their own. The radar shouldn't be a problem as they have tons of experience with smaller and compact ground units and the electrical is also something Egypt has millions of capable engineers to design and fabricate.

If they built the HA-300 60+ years ago, they can build this today without a doubt.

1655691234111.png

This forum is hacked from the 8200 in a big way, but also no one has enough in the military field
They call the Rafale an advanced training plane

Hahaha, I know they mean well.

It's a crying shame, SC, bro. Granted the Jews ruined everything and set us back decades, but we still had the ability to pick up the pieces and get going again a long time ago. Once Sadat was assassinated, that was the time to get all these military projects started and take the lead in many fields. Instead we stagnated thanks to that visionless Mubarak.

With a population at the time of approximately 40 million, the options in human resources were practically unlimited, yet we somehow managed to bungle even that great opportunity. Even now have more potential than back then with a 105+ million population to tap into and we're just figuring this out with that recent announcement of investing in the civilian sector to propose military projects. Long time coming.

It's never too late as with the present level of technology and science -- especially in the computer field and artificial intelligence -- things could actually be much easier and quicker to bring about. The only impeding factors are the usual, financing and political indifferences. But if anyone has the wherewithal to bring about such an endeavor, it's this man right here.

View attachment 855297

He needs to get it started quickly, though, before his time is up. Logistics and factories and specific facilities can all be built as the process progresses. With computer cad programs and all the super smart young people in Egypt these days, coming up with a computerized design that takes into account aerodynamics, minimal radar cross section, makeup schedules for titanium which Egypt is rich in natural resources to produce from locally mined natural ore. Then if they wanted to really lighten the aircraft and make it out of the best available material out there just like the Eurofighter Typhoon is made of, they could easily make the same super plastic forming diffusion bonding that the EFT has in 80% of its structure and panels. It can even go further and really get into the intricate and advanced forms of carbon fiber and other composites to keep up the strength, reduce the effects of corrosion and really reduce the RCS with stealth shaping like in that image I posted.

The only difficult part in all of this would be the engines. Engines as everyone knows are the most difficult items to produce on a local basis and really require decades of trial and error etc. Even if they had permission and help to reverse-engineer let's say a FADEC RD-33MK, it's still an absolute nightmare just to land the perfect composition of metallurgy to make up the metals that absorb and withstand the intense heat of military power and combustion with afterburners. But they could always purchase those engines from Sukhoi and Russia, easily use them to get prototypes going while they keep working on producing their own. The radar shouldn't be a problem as they have tons of experience with smaller and compact ground units and the electrical is also something Egypt has millions of capable engineers to design and fabricate.

If they built the HA-300 60+ years ago, they can build this today without a doubt.

View attachment 855294

Hahaha, I know they mean well.
@Gomig-21 you forgot something the economical crisis that we are living rn. Our inflation is 13,1%. Some people don't have food to eat. We have big problems and inshallah we will overcome them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom