What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Ikr. Quick story: there's probably about a dozen or so members on this forum and we all used to be on this other one called Iran Defense Forum, similar to this one but Iran was obviously the primary focus of the forum and we also had a pretty decent EAF topics and Egyptian contingency on there. As a matter of fact, Vondayaz and a few others from 73 Historians joined towards the end and were talking about how they were going to put together their animated videos on the wars etc.

I joined in 2009 until about 2012/13 when it fizzled out but one of the members there was a Pakistani fella who's user name was Abu Zulfiqar, and he had invited me and a bunch of other fellas to join this forum as he was part of its beginning/inception and was a moderator.

The amazing part was that he also lived in Egypt for several years, went to the same school I did (CAC Cairo American College) in Maadi but that was many years after I had graduated lol. I never did join this forum at that time since I was too busy to be on several forums at once etc. He also spoke almost perfect Arabic and was a really swell guy. When I joined here in 2016, a very short time after that he unfortunately had a motorcycle accident and passed away. It was unbelievable we were all in shock when that happened! He loved those crotch rockets and you know how dangerous they can be, even if you're careful. This was in Washington DC where he lived and was going to college there at the time IIRC. Just amazing what a small world we live in, isn't it?

Saw this pic and couldn't figure out if it was EAF F-16 pilots in the US at the General Electric engine factory during a site visit or if it's in Egypt at the new F-16 overhaul and maintenance depot. We know they have a lot of additional and new engines in storage for when they perform engine overhauls, but not sure where this is. Still thought it was pretty cool.

File was too large to upload so here's the link to the pic.

Hey SC, check this out, bro. This is the perfect design for Egypt to start its aviation program, or just pick up from where they left off with the Helwan HA-300 here......

View attachment 855264

........to something like this.

View attachment 855262

Looks like a hybrid Su-57, Su-30 (with the canards & stinger) and of course the MiG-29M/M2 with the vertical stabilizers. That would be a great day!
Truly a sleek looking aircraft concept. Defenatly can attain that if everything went well. I like how its so modern looking as well, where do people design those concepts?

sukhoi planes but way better

What do you mean ya Rayis? I don't understand the way you wrote that, sorry. I'm a bit slow these days lool. It looks like a Sukhoi plane but better? Or it's better to purchase Sukhoi planes?

@Gomig-21 you forgot something the economical crisis that we are living rn. Our inflation is 13,1%. Some people don't have food to eat. We have big problems and inshallah we will overcome them.

Do you remember what the United States did during one of -- if not the -- worst economical periods of its history in the great depression? There were soup lines and an unemployment rate of 25%. That's worst than anything Egypt has every been through (Alhamdulillah Rabenna y'kfeena sharr el 3azab da) and yet Franklin D. Roosevelt kept pushing the military industrial field to keep pace with supplying Great Britain with the lend-lease program and most importantly, to keep America strong just in case something happened and what happened? 1941 Pearl Harbor and had he not maintained military & industrial innovation during that period, it would not have been able to fight not only Japan for the following 4 years in one of the most brutal wars in the history of mankind, but fight fascist Nazi Germany and win both wars.

We can't keep waiting for the perfect time where all the conditions will be perfect because they will never be. Also inflation is a separate issue from the military budget and the latter is a very small percentage of the GDP. Not to mention that if you took all the billions of $ Sisi and Egypt have invested in the past 10 years and continue to invest at the current time, this would actually be a fraction of those investments and would hardly impact its financial well-being. If I'm not mistaken, the military has probably spent close to $100 billion in the past 10 years alone.

These guys had lunch together at a fish tavern in Athens :P

Then they flew to Luxembourg

Love seeing the lighter side of this purely friendship and diplomatic relationship. It's really refreshing, and you don't really see this happening with other foreign minister or leaders when you think about it.

Truly a sleek looking aircraft concept. Defenatly can attain that if everything went well. I like how its so modern looking as well, where do people design those concepts?

If I'm not mistaken, this is from a fella who also used to be a member on the old Iran forum I mentioned earlier and he would design all these very cool examples of several air forces possible indeginous stealth fighters based on their current assets and camo patterns etc. Some really cool stuff he comes up with.

In Egypt's case, it would even be smarter to start with a much smaller, single-engine low-observable airframe instead of this obviously much more difficult and larger jump into a heavy stealth fighter. Something in the same size or slightly larger than the HA-300. So much potential ATM it would be a shame not to take advantage of this opportunity.

Something similar to the Checkmate really isn't a far-fetched idea at all. Tap into the aerodynamic field of tail-less fighters which is the next step (gen 6) of low-observable aircraft would be a valuable and very doable leap.

1655759088063.png

Or it could even be as fancy and ultra futuristic as the supposed Chines H-20 stealth fighter/bomber.

1655759220714.png

I'd LOVE to see something like one of my favorites, the gaping pelican X-32. One of the most beautiful aircraft ever proposed! Shame that F-35 turd beat this thing out.

1655759327444.png

1655759379581.png

The sky's the limit.

Can you imagine that cute HA-300 bird had reached Mach 2 in the 60s tests..

Hey ya M3alem, you know what I was thinking that just popped into my mind while chomping about all this possible indigenous fighter program? When we always think about data sharing and real time ISR and AWE&C interoperability, that we automatically think about how they had to create their own networks like RISC & RISC2 and C4-1 or whatever, including using the Taba satellite and having this entire thing processed through a ground-based command and control center etc., which is all fine and dandy. But why isn't the option of introducing Link-16 or even Link-11 to the Russian platform not only an easier option, but a much faster and probably a better option.

Why is it that whenever this subject comes up, it's always about creating a whole knew massive and complicated network that might or might not operate in real time or is as effective as pure data-sharing linkage?

Hear me out for a minute and pls tell me what you think since you know a lot about this; if having data sharing in real time through Link-16 for the Rafales in the EAF (and supposedly it does exist in the block 52s F-16s only and not the block 40s but that's ok for now) and the linking is essentially equipping whatever aircraft with the MIDS-LVT/ LINK-16 terminals and associated equipment whatever those may be, IFF antennas/sensors, computer software & hardware etc. would be minimal. So why not create or purchase such terminals and all necessary packages from either Dassault or Leonardo or whomever and then install them in the RUSSIAN fighters?! Then you'll have the Rafales, the F-16s (including as many more block 40s that they would want hooked up), the MiG-29M/M2s, even Mirage 2Ks and Su-35SEs all operating in Link-16 within the EAF and its E-2C Hawkeyes? Not sure why this was never really considered as an option?

It would seem so much better than a much larger network that we're not really sure if it operates in real time AND, if it involves a ground-based command & control, what happens once they move out of range of said ground control command center? That is where direct linkage comes in much handier on top of being able to plug and play immediately whenever they not only acquire new aircraft like the possible Typhoons or MiG-35s, but also with UAE and Saudi fighters and their AWACs aircraft. Seems like the best option and not much that would stop it from happening aside from acquiring the necessary equipment, which I think they could easily do from the sources I mentioned. What think?

What do you mean ya Rayis? I don't understand the way you wrote that, sorry. I'm a bit slow these days lool. It looks like a Sukhoi plane but better? Or it's better to purchase Sukhoi planes?
its a sukhoi plane but better

Gm guys I'm new here! I'm Egyptian and have been following the thread for some time and am happy to find a place to discuss military affairs related to Egypt! I'm studying abroad so haven't witnessed any of the recent development in the country other than reading about them and hearing opinions!

Gm guys I'm new here! I'm Egyptian and have been following the thread for some time and am happy to find a place to discuss military affairs related to Egypt! I'm studying abroad so haven't witnessed any of the recent development in the country other than reading about them and hearing opinions!
Welcome yasta fel forum. It seems like you are studying in France hahaha?

You remind me of when I first joined, anyways, welcome aboard!

Welcome!

Here is an EAF Apache patch headed “EAGLES” showing an Apache (with Longbow) and an Eagle of Saladin behind it, the background is split between White and Red horizontally.
F6A153F3-C1F1-4C8A-9296-CA999160A73C.jpeg

Here is an EAF Apache patch headed “EAGLES” showing an Apache (with Longbow) and an Eagle of Saladin behind it, the background is split between White and Red horizontally.
There was an EAF F-16 patch AIM-120 missile mounted on it? Idk if it is true or I am hallucinating hahaha

1st Egyptian Navy MEKO A200 Al AZIZ finishing up sea trials and the first time I've ever seen its name tagged on the back end of the hull's stern. What a robust beast. These are also armed more than the Algerian MEKOs which are almost identical.

1655839377709.png

1st Egyptian Navy MEKO A200 Al AZIZ finishing up sea trials and the first time I've ever seen its name tagged on the back end of the hull's stern. What a robust beast. These are also armed more than the Algerian MEKOs which are almost identical.

View attachment 855625
(bad language) tehes eno el markeba hat2ool hagibak hena ya khawal hahahahah

Back
Top Bottom