What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

third-prototype.jpg

But apparently, there is another Kalashnikov upgrade kit that hasn’t been in the public eye as much as the previous two prototypes. This third upgrade, which looks significantly more up to date, was spotted in the promotional video featuring Egypt Special Forces Unit called “Black Cobra”. This unit is a Special Operations outfit within the Central Security Forces, which is the part of the Interior Ministry.
According to the sources within the Egyptian military-industrial complex, this particular modernization package was designed for the military Special Forces by an active duty police officer and firearms design engineer Zeyad Refaat. Later this design was picked up by the state-owned Egyptian military factory “300”, which offered it to the “Black Cobra” unit.
So far, only the third upgrade kit was actually seen in action, and it is not yet known if other prototypes will actually be procured by the Egyptian military or MOI.
My russian freind didnt know what thats is and it looks nothing like a 105. Guess its egyptian fully which is very nice glad to see them having stuff like that

The Special forces will obviously always get a special version..
I meant that the SF received first the new maadi and maybe this rifle will replace the "old" new maadi

Took a look through an EO-tech holographic sight and am amazed at how much faster it allows target engagement. Egypt uses this with a magnifier a lot.

I also took a look through a 1-8 LPVO scope and gotta admit I think it would be a better fit for Egyptian forces in general. The magnification allows engagement of targets from close to hundreds of meters away.

The US army is transitioning its forces to using 1-8 scopes in the very near future as well.
I really hope Egypt can produce locally sights/scopes like this EO-tech holographic and the normal thermal scopes

My russian freind didnt know what thats is and it looks nothing like a 105.

Because it isn't. If you look at it carefully, it's the same exact Maadi Misr with different modifications. First it has the single picatinny rail on top of the receiver removed and the same 16 inch barrel is covered with a longer quad railed hand guard that has the forward site built into it. Because it's a much longer hand guard, it gives it the appearance that it's a short barrel rifle but it isn't. It's the same exact Maadi Misr as the other one with this longer hand guard which also has an angled foregrip that the SOF is holding with his left hand. Those are very common these days as many in the military -- but mostly in the private sector -- like them because they're not as obtrusive or get in the way like vertical grips. But the rifle is essentially a modified version of that new Maadi Misr which is a great idea. That way they can take what is essentially a common, starter rifle and independently modify it whichever way they want.

I'm sorry that I took pictures from here. I keep any pictures I see, but this picture is a collection of naval units and air fighters from Mahmoud Jamal.
I will not save any pictures from here again

Also, goodbye, this is enough in the forum, I have other interests
ولا يهمك يا راجل متخدهاش يالقلب معلوماتك فعلا بتتجاب من تحت التربيزة و حضرتك كنز معلومات مش لازم تمشي

Egypt, Brazil, and SABER radar

Egypt is said to be currently in talks with Brazil for the procurement of the SABER air-defense radar. The talks are reported to be very promising and progressing smoothly.

Trans :
The Egyptian army is in negotiations with Brazil to buy the advanced Saber air defense system
And there are no other details yet
We will bring you more details later

System information
A truly integrated air defense system with unprecedented speed, accuracy and reliability. It works in the short to medium term.
The Common Anti-Air Modular Missile (CAMM-L) has a length of about 3.2 meters, and a highly lethal warhead weighing 99 kg.
The missile has a range of +25 km and is equipped with an RF seeker with anti-jamming capabilities.
The missile can deal with guided munitions and cruise missiles. The launch angle of the missile is 360 degrees.
It is fired from a concealed heat shield container coated with radar absorbent materials.

Anti-aircraft defense radar is featured at LAAD 2009

A national radar aimed at low-altitude anti-aircraft defense, the SABER M60, is one of the highlights of LAAD (Latin America Aerospace and Defence) - the largest defense and security fair in Latin America, which biennially brings together Brazilian and international companies specialized in the supply of equipment and services to the three Armed Forces. The event takes place between April 14 and 17, in Riocentro, Rio de Janeiro.

The SABER M60, developed by the Brazilian Orbisat in partnership with the Army Technological Center, identifies the desired target and the information is processed by software and transmitted, in real time, to an Anti-Aircraft Artillery Operations Center, a member of the Brazilian Aerospace Defense System (SISDABRA). The radar provides the exact location of each aircraft flying over the guarded area, as well as its identification.

With 100% Brazilian technology, the aerial target tracking system allows you to track targets within a radius of up to 60 kilometers and at an altitude of up to 5,000 meters. This effectively assists in the work of protecting sensitive points and areas, such as industries, power plants, government facilities and places of important events, such as conferences of heads of state or international sports competitions.

Because it is portable and lightweight, it can be easily transported to any location in the national territory or employed in peacekeeping missions abroad. Its installation to go into operation can be done in less than 15 minutes by soldiers of the Army's anti-aircraft artillery.

Another important point is that radar can be integrated into missile-based weapon systems or anti-aircraft guns. The SABER M60 has the same functions as a large airport radar and offers, as advantages, lower cost and tracking capacity, even in environments such as the dense Amazon Rainforest.

ABOUT ORBISAT - Orbisat da Amazônia SA is a 100% Brazilian privately held technology-based company, specializing in remote sensing, surveillance radars and consumer electronic products. The company's mission is to provide electronic and mapping solutions to the private sector and government agencies around the world.

Orbisat has its administrative headquarters and the remote sensing division in São José dos Campos (SP). The production of equipment is done in its industrial complex, located in Manaus (AM). In 2002, the company also installed a unit in Campinas (SP), where radar technology is developed.

I just read that Brazil wants to cooperate with MBDA to make an anti-aircraft defense by using ASTROS II system. If Egypt has the production licence then we can do the same thing by using another/same missile or even our indigenous missile (akid i hope we are developing a missile).

I think @The SC @Gomig-21 @Philip the Arab @Hydration you will like this idea

MBDA and AVIBRAS announce medium-height Anti-Aircraft Defense project

The European consortium MBDA and the Brazilian AVIBRAS Aeroespacial announce joint development in the area of medium-rise anti-aircraft defense. The two companies, with several developments together, announce for the first time the solution developed jointly for the medium-height anti-aircraft defense project: the adaptation of the CAMM (Common Anti-Air Modular Missile) system, MBDA's state-of-the-art product, for use by the Brazilian Armed Forces.

The concept presented involves the development of a Brazilian missile from the CAMM system - initially called AV-MMA, and the use of all the technologies and vehicles already developed for the ASTROS 2020 System, one of AVIBRAS' most successful products. The project has about 70% national content.

CAMM represents MBDA's new generation of missile systems for anti-aircraft defense, offering complete protection against all known or predicted air targets. It is called modular because of the possibility of using the same system by the three Forces, which reduces development, maintenance, support and logistics costs.

"This is another action to strengthen the Brazilian Defense industry that MBDA promotes in partnership with AVIBRAS, through which we provide the development of national technologies from high-tech systems," says Ricardo Mantovani, MBDA's regional Sales executive.

The CAMM system has already been contracted by the Royal British Navy and the Royal New Zealand Navy, and is currently under review by other countries also for naval use. Its Earth and Air versions will be available from 2016.

CAMM's performance

CAMM is a multiplatform mid-height anti-aircraft defense project. Both for Naval and Terrestrial use. It will replace the Rapier (terrestrial) missile and Sea Wolf (Naval).

The launch mode is vertical, which makes it enabled for use on naval platforms.

Maximum Range + 25 km
Minimum Range < 1km
Speed > Mach 2.5
Ground - Vehicle 4 t capacity
Naval - Single or quadruple modules

The AV-MMA Project

The decision of the two companies to present what would be the AV-MMA (Medium Height Missile) lies in the feeling that the PANTSIR-S1 project does not leave the project status.

The always denied, but with growing rumors, of the association or purchase of AVIBRAS by Odebrecht Defense and Technology leads to the current CAMM / AV-MMA project being adopted by the Brazilian Armed Forces. (See article Link)

In a discreet corner of its chalet, at LAAD 2013, AVIBRAS already had the conceptual study of AV-MMA. Out of the eyes of the press and only for guests, the company's Board of Directors, led by Sami Hassuani, presented the project to the military commanders and the Minister of Defense.

This article publishes exclusive photos taken during the Minister of Defense's visit to the AVIBRAS chalet. Note that the missile profile is very reminiscent of that of MBDA MICA VL. Then there was a possibility for the MBDA BVR MICA missile to be chosen as a BVR missile if in the F-X2 Program Brazil opted for the Rafale fighter.

The AVIBRAS concept is still under development including the cannon part of Rheinmetall (successor of the Swiss cannon group Oerlikon)

All systems will be mounted on ASTROS 2020 platforms. The chassis of the Czech company TATRA is currently in use. There are options to exchange for another platform, but the negative experience with the boycott of Mercedes-Benz in the sale to Malaysia has prevented the option for the also German MAN and its association with Rhinemetall, creating the RMMV.

Informally, MBDA and AVIBRAS Aeroespacial announced the project during an event in Brasilia on the security of major events last October.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom