What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

You know where he got it from, right? Yep, yours truly! lol I noticed he hijacks some of my "special & rare" photos and of course, that's ok.
I'm sorry that I took pictures from here. I keep any pictures I see, but this picture is a collection of naval units and air fighters from Mahmoud Jamal.
I will not save any pictures from here again

Also, goodbye, this is enough in the forum, I have other interests

The other thing I noticed is the slightly premature addition of the Su-35s, but also the omitting of the close to 50 L-59Es.
Lol before I even read this part,I was going to ask "Why do you guys only have one L-59 according to Wikipedia?"

What's the deal with the L-59s? If I remember correctly,they were Czechoslovakian. And they're classic trainers and light attack aircraft!

Indeed. I wouldn't be surprised if they ordered more of them later, like they did with the Rafale. And speaking of the Rafale, the Typhoon surprisingly excelled in many aspects over the Rafale which really surprised me. But one of the greatest strengths of the Rafale is its payload and SPECTRA along with its data fusion.
This way,you could retire some Mig-29s or Mirage 2000s in the future.

I'm very surprised about that. Although I did read a few years ago they were having issues with it, but I figured they were going to take care of them and everything would be fine. But this has turned out to be a major problem, if almost all operators are having issues with them and now the Norwegians are returning them for a full refund...that's crazy!

How many of them does the Hellenic Navy operate?
The Navy doesn't use them,the Army uses them. We have 20,but some of them don't fly.

Check this out:

Finland

In January 2015, it was reported that Finnish NH90s had been experiencing considerable reliability issues, at one time in 2014 fleet availability dipped to 19%, and some spare parts had up to seven months waiting time.[73] By early 2015, the combined NH90s fleet had accumulated a total of 7,000 flight hours, and had an availability rate of 40%.[74] On 18 June 2015, delivery of the final Finnish NH90 took place.[75] In November 2015, the availability rate was reported as having surpassed 50 percent.[76] All helicopters were in Final Operational Configuration (FOC) in 2018, 17 years after order.

Australia

In July 2014, the Australian National Audit Office released a report on the MRH90, citing a series of procurement errors and development deficiencies delaying final operational capability (FOC), originally planned for that month, until April 2019, nearly five years later than planned. Some nine years after the initial contract was signed, the models first delivered in 2007 had not validated any of the 11 set operational capability milestones, and forced redesigns including bolstered cabin floors and windscreens, rappelling hooks, and door gunner positions; obtaining spare parts and sustaining the helicopters has also been more costly. The Australian Army will be forced to operate its aging S-70A Black Hawk beyond their planned retirement date.[47] Due to the delays, Australia will receive an additional helicopter, for a total of 47.[48] By September 2015, most of the MRH90's flaws had reportedly been addressed.[49] In June 2017, the Australian Navy successfully completed trials aboard HMAS Anzac, marking a major milestone in the helicopter programme.[50]

In 2015, the Australian Army decided to delay retiring 20 Black Hawks by 4 years until the end of 2021 in order to develop a special operations capable MRH90.[51][52] This required developing a Fast Roping and Rappelling Extraction System (FRRES) and a gun mount for the cabin door.[51][52] The Taipan Gun Mount can fit either a M134D minigun or MAG 58 machine gun and when not in use can be moved into a outward stowed position to provide clearance to enable fast roping and rappelling.[53][54] In February 2019, the first two of 12 MRH90 helicopters were delivered to the 6th Aviation Regiment.[55][52] On 24 June 2021, all Australian NH-90s were temporarily grounded due to lack of maintenance and spare parts which have to be shipped from Europe to Australia.[56] On 9 December 2021, Australia decided to phase out and replace its entire fleet of MRH90 helicopters in favour of new built Black Hawks and Seahawks from the United States.[57]

Belgium

In June 2020, The Strategic Defence Review (STAR) of Belgium planned to phase out the 4 TTH helicopters by 2024 due to their high operating costs and low availability. They are planned to be replaced, along with the last Agusta 109, by 15 Airbus H145M helicopters. The 4 NFH variants are to remain operational and be provided with currently lacking sensors & weapons for ASW.[65] In a Strategic review published by the Belgian Ministry of Defense in januari 2022, the plans were confirmed as availability and serviceability of the NH90 remained a key concern and the TTH will be phased out, the remaining NFH's will be provided with currently lacking sensors and armament[66]

Greece

In August 2003, Greece ordered 20 NH90s with an option for 14 more.[104] In early 2013, the German newspaper Bild alleged that Airbus officials paid 41 million in bribes to Greek officials to secure the order; Airbus stated that the claim was "groundless".[105] On December 12 it was stated that deliveries would start again after an embargo by the Hellenic Government, with 4 helicopters being of the SPECOPS specification.

By early 2017, 12 NH90s had been delivered and are in service, with eight aircraft to be delivered from the manufacturer.[106][107]

Netherlands

In June 2014, the Dutch government decided not to accept the last batch of 7 NH90s due to some 100 shortcomings found in relation to the design, manufacturing and material choice of the aircraft, in particular corrosion in the presence of salt water.[120][121] In December 2014, NH90 deliveries restarted after the Dutch government came to an agreement with the manufacturer, under which modifications and necessary repairs against corrosion would be made at the manufacturer's cost; 75 of the 100 shortcomings were also reported as having been solved.[26][122]

I'm sorry that I took pictures from here. I keep any pictures I see, but this picture is a collection of naval units and air fighters from Mahmoud Jamal.

You will not return again in this forum?

Ya 3am balash el maya3a de! Ana b'7azar ma3ak ya 3amo. Enta shoft b'2oul eh fel akher? "Of course he can" I was only playing with you don't take it so seriously. Anyone who posts a photo on a public internet forum doesn't have any rights to it, especially when it's not his which means anyone else can take it and use it.

BTW, many years ago on another forum we used to be on which had excellent threads on the EAF and the October War and another Egyptian brother asked where I had found this one great pic of an Egyptian Apache, very close-up. I told him from a US military site from when they were in Egypt. Then he said look at this website -- and he gave me the link for the US DoD! Department of Defense website and told me to write "Egypt" in the search function. So I did, and I couldn't believe the incredible pics on there. I asked him why he didn't post any of them? He said "no way, I don't want to get arrested and torutred w'lkalam el ahbal da. lol, I laughed at him and asked him if he minded if I post some of the pics. He said go ahead but you never heard it from me and never mention my name LOLOL! I told him to relax before he had a heart attack. This was back in 2009/2010, before Facebook and many current social platforms.

I went on the forum and I copied these ever so famous pics that were never before seen anywhere except on this DoD website. You know these ones, right?

1654981198912.png

And this one...

1654981227805.png

1654981261838.png

And even this one!

1654981328548.png

And all the beach landings from Bright Star 1981-2005 or so were all on that website and it took me almost a month to post all the pics I could find on that site onto that forum thread and now where are they? All over Google and Bing and any of the other search engines. Hours after I would post a pic it would show up on another well-known aviation forum because once posted, unless you put some type of stop on being able to download or copy the pic, it belongs to anyone and everyone else around the world. Same with these pics here. So relax don't be so sensitive we must be able to joke with each other ya gada3.

BTW, funny story, there was a well-known modeler from Florida who was very interested in the EAF MiGs and tanks etc. that he would post very rare pictures from books that he had. Next thing you know, the fellas from 73 Historians (they were also on the forum at the time,) took some of his pics and put their watermark on them LOLOL! The guy from Florida was so pissed off angry he went back through the entire thread and deleted every single pic he posted. We told him to relax and that he should never expect anyone not to take and use his pics. But the watermark was a little too much lmao!

We definitely need an Egyptian Defence Forum...
Anyways
The New Generation Maadi Misr rifle has entered experimental production (awaiting sufficient material supply for large scale production).
Built with CNC machines it can be one of the best 7.62MM rifles in modern day, and arguably the most complex AK variant to be when it comes to manufacturing.
311BA13B-53CC-47B5-88A0-427051517849.png
7E2D2631-C662-4E90-AFE4-DD688BB26970.png

Ya 3am balash el maya3a de! Ana b'7azar ma3ak ya 3amo. Enta shoft b'2oul eh fel akher? "Of course he can" I was only playing with you don't take it so seriously. Anyone who posts a photo on a public internet forum doesn't have any rights to it, especially when it's not his which means anyone else can take it and use it.

BTW, many years ago on another forum we used to be on which had excellent threads on the EAF and the October War and another Egyptian brother asked where I had found this one great pic of an Egyptian Apache, very close-up. I told him from a US military site from when they were in Egypt. Then he said look at this website -- and he gave me the link for the US DoD! Department of Defense website and told me to write "Egypt" in the search function. So I did, and I couldn't believe the incredible pics on there. I asked him why he didn't post any of them? He said "no way, I don't want to get arrested and torutred w'lkalam el ahbal da. lol, I laughed at him and asked him if he minded if I post some of the pics. He said go ahead but you never heard it from me and never mention my name LOLOL! I told him to relax before he had a heart attack. This was back in 2009/2010, before Facebook and many current social platforms.

I went on the forum and I copied these ever so famous pics that were never before seen anywhere except on this DoD website. You know these ones, right?

View attachment 853234

And this one...

View attachment 853235

View attachment 853236

And even this one!

View attachment 853237

And all the beach landings from Bright Star 1981-2005 or so were all on that website and it took me almost a month to post all the pics I could find on that site onto that forum thread and now where are they? All over Google and Bing and any of the other search engines. Hours after I would post a pic it would show up on another well-known aviation forum because once posted, unless you put some type of stop on being able to download or copy the pic, it belongs to anyone and everyone else around the world. Same with these pics here. So relax don't be so sensitive we must be able to joke with each other ya gada3.

BTW, funny story, there was a well-known modeler from Florida who was very interested in the EAF MiGs and tanks etc. that he would post very rare pictures from books that he had. Next thing you know, the fellas from 73 Historians (they were also on the forum at the time,) took some of his pics and put their watermark on them LOLOL! The guy from Florida was so pissed off angry he went back through the entire thread and deleted every single pic he posted. We told him to relax and that he should never expect anyone not to take and use his pics. But the watermark was a little too much lmao!
Our Air Force must put camos on our aircrafts like the old days. It make them more dangerous.

Anyways
The New Generation Maadi Misr rifle has entered experimental production (awaiting sufficient material supply for large scale production).
Built with CNC machines it can be one of the best 7.62MM rifles in modern day, and arguably the most complex AK variant to be when it comes to manufacturing.
View attachment 853242View attachment 853243
I think you were against the new Maadi sa7?

Lol before I even read this part,I was going to ask "Why do you guys only have one L-59 according to Wikipedia?"

What's the deal with the L-59s? If I remember correctly,they were Czechoslovakian. And they're classic trainers and light attack aircraft!

That's right, they were Czechoslovakian-built! I thought they were Russian for some reason. Wiki shows just 1?! lol, there's obviously something wrong with that picture haha, unless they've put them away.

They might even be L-39s and not necessarily L-59s, although in the EAF's public list, they are listed as L-59s.

These pics are labeled as L-39s and they're from 2019, so not too long ago prior to delivery it seems.

1654982597971.png

1654982609407.png

1654982690537.png

There is a photo out there of an entire lineup parked on the tarmac in Egypt of at least 30 of them. I remember counting them in the pic and lost track & focus after around 25 and they were all manned as if ready to take off on a training exercise. Maybe they put them away or gave them to another country and we just haven't heard of it, although that's tough to do. I see them at airshows here in the US all the time. Several private owners fly them and there's also the Breitling Air Demonstration team. They put on a great show.

1654982800855.png

1654982848049.png

This way,you could retire some Mig-29s or Mirage 2000s in the future.

I think most are expecting the Typhoons to replace the Mirage 2Ks, but I think the MiG-29s will be around for a long time and very possibly upgraded to 35s. It's really only a matter of replacing the pulse doppler radar with the AESA and it's a MiG-35.

Check this out:

Wow, I knew they had some problems when the EAF was first interested in them, but never realized they were that prevalent. Shame, really.

Anyways
View attachment 853242View attachment 853243
Screenshot_20220608-004031_Twitter.jpg

Notice the hollow vertical grip. lowers production cost and weight whike being as effective very cheeky

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220608-004053_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220608-004053_Twitter.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 21
I hope in the future we will produce the newer version of Maadi seen in the Black Cobra promotional video (the ak of pfp)
What do you think of those modifications ya @Hydration ?
Enta you have the tagnid or no?
Thats an upgraded ak 105 right?
The new madi modifications are excellent. Compatiable with our huge stock of ammunition. Lighter more accessible at the same time not complex and easy to manage and maintain. Also wont melt or burn your hands

Thats an upgraded ak 105 right?
The new madi modifications are excellent. Compatiable with our huge stock of ammunition. Lighter more accessible at the same time not complex and easy to manage and maintain. Also wont melt or burn your hands
third-prototype.jpg

But apparently, there is another Kalashnikov upgrade kit that hasn’t been in the public eye as much as the previous two prototypes. This third upgrade, which looks significantly more up to date, was spotted in the promotional video featuring Egypt Special Forces Unit called “Black Cobra”. This unit is a Special Operations outfit within the Central Security Forces, which is the part of the Interior Ministry.
According to the sources within the Egyptian military-industrial complex, this particular modernization package was designed for the military Special Forces by an active duty police officer and firearms design engineer Zeyad Refaat. Later this design was picked up by the state-owned Egyptian military factory “300”, which offered it to the “Black Cobra” unit.
So far, only the third upgrade kit was actually seen in action, and it is not yet known if other prototypes will actually be procured by the Egyptian military or MOI.

Took a look through an EO-tech holographic sight and am amazed at how much faster it allows target engagement. Egypt uses this with a magnifier a lot.

I also took a look through a 1-8 LPVO scope and gotta admit I think it would be a better fit for Egyptian forces in general. The magnification allows engagement of targets from close to hundreds of meters away.

The US army is transitioning its forces to using 1-8 scopes in the very near future as well.

That's right, they were Czechoslovakian-built! I thought they were Russian for some reason. Wiki shows just 1?! lol, there's obviously something wrong with that picture haha, unless they've put them away.

They might even be L-39s and not necessarily L-59s, although in the EAF's public list, they are listed as L-59s.

These pics are labeled as L-39s and they're from 2019, so not too long ago prior to delivery it seems.

View attachment 853244
View attachment 853245
View attachment 853246

There is a photo out there of an entire lineup parked on the tarmac in Egypt of at least 30 of them. I remember counting them in the pic and lost track & focus after around 25 and they were all manned as if ready to take off on a training exercise. Maybe they put them away or gave them to another country and we just haven't heard of it, although that's tough to do. I see them at airshows here in the US all the time. Several private owners fly them and there's also the Breitling Air Demonstration team. They put on a great show.

View attachment 853247

View attachment 853249

I think most are expecting the Typhoons to replace the Mirage 2Ks, but I think the MiG-29s will be around for a long time and very possibly upgraded to 35s. It's really only a matter of replacing the pulse doppler radar with the AESA and it's a MiG-35.

Wow, I knew they had some problems when the EAF was first interested in them, but never realized they were that prevalent. Shame, really.
So cute of a bird!

View attachment 853264

Notice the hollow vertical grip. lowers production cost and weight whike being as effective very cheeky
That hollow vertical grip can also host a bipod!

1654988735325.png

Last edited:
third-prototype.jpg

But apparently, there is another Kalashnikov upgrade kit that hasn’t been in the public eye as much as the previous two prototypes. This third upgrade, which looks significantly more up to date, was spotted in the promotional video featuring Egypt Special Forces Unit called “Black Cobra”. This unit is a Special Operations outfit within the Central Security Forces, which is the part of the Interior Ministry.
According to the sources within the Egyptian military-industrial complex, this particular modernization package was designed for the military Special Forces by an active duty police officer and firearms design engineer Zeyad Refaat. Later this design was picked up by the state-owned Egyptian military factory “300”, which offered it to the “Black Cobra” unit.
So far, only the third upgrade kit was actually seen in action, and it is not yet known if other prototypes will actually be procured by the Egyptian military or MOI.
The Special forces will obviously always get a special version..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom