What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

There was more than just the Facebook page that stated the Rafale testing the IRBIS-E. And also when he says it was referred to as a Rafale F3R and that the EAF doesn't have the F3R, it was probably because of all the brutal exaggeration you read when it comes to Egyptian fellas lol. They heard that the Rafales were to be upgraded to the F3R standard and so probably just figured that they were. BTW, that also puts a serious twist on the validity of the next batch of EAF's 30 Rafales as F4s. It looks like you and SC will owe me a pizza this time.

As far as the IRBIS-E, even if that testing isn't true and it's like that guy said in the video that it was the French Rafales jamming Indian Su-30MKIs, it's still a major concern since the IRBIS-E is an extension of the Su-30's BARS. There are MAJOR shortcomings with the IRBIS-E and it's still very susceptible to jamming. So in theory, the Rafale/SPECTRA story is very plausible. I've done a lot of reading and watched videos and it's not too difficult to realize that it's not what it's been cracked up to be. Way overhyped and I'm glad the EAF is taking steps to correct and improve that.

I hate to do this because it makes me look like I'm really dissing the aircraft when that couldn't be further from the truth, but read through this article and check out the points it makes about its inability to track according to what they claim (and there's video evidence of that) and other damning things about that radar.

Very damning article.

Let's just hope & pray that the Meteor comes with the next Rafales since that really will be the only missile in the EAF to be able to defeat almost any enemy and certainly not the Russian ones, unfortunately. Heck I still can't get over the fact that they didn't even purchase the R-77-1 (RVV-SD) or R-27AE with the MiG-29M/M2s for crying out loud! Instead, they bought the 80km R-77 RVV-AE! That just irks me to no end I tell ya. The only explanation is that they didn't want to invest in the longer medium range missiles until the radars were upgraded, which seems like Russia fell through with that also.
Bro.. the article is based only on western media.. are they insiders to Sukhoi?
It is their job to demonize and belittle the Russian systems.. they want to sell more as a monopoly.. and be the sole provider of weapons.. we all know why.. political influence and control of other nations.. remember what is CAATSA...don't fall for these articles.. or you don't trust the Egyptian competent armed forces' leaders and decision makers?

I won't worry about the Meteor either ..we all know it was part of the first deal.. let alone the second one.. where the Rafale F 4.1 version coincide with the Egyptian first deliveries in 2024..

Last edited:
Bro.. the article is based only on western media.. are they insiders to Sukhoi?
It is their job to demonize and belittle the Russian systems.. they want to sell more as a monopoly.. and be the sole provider of weapons.. we all know why.. political influence and control of other nations.. remember what is CAATSA...don't fall for these articles..

Habibi, look at the video, it's clear as day that it couldn't even track a single target until around 100km. That's a far cry from the 400km it claims, and the video was performed by Russians. Not everything Russia claims is correct, bro. A lot of things are a bit overhyped. So many other things are easy to corroborate when you're objective about things and not think everything is propaganda.

or you don't trust the Egyptian competent armed forces' leaders and decision makers?

Shame on you for saying that. What the heck is wrong with you? Why are you so confrontational? We can't agree to disagree on certain things like adults?

I won't worry about the Meteor either ..we all know it was part of the first deal.. let alone the second one.. where the Rafale F 4.1 version coincide with the Egyptian first deliveries in 2024..

If it was part of the first deal, then why wasn't it delivered then? It couldn't be part of the first deal since all those Rafales are F3s and not F3R. The former is incapable of firing the meteor without certain upgrades. It's inevitable to be apprehensive about it coming in the next batch.

We'll see about the type if it is F3R or F4. I've read way to much to suggest the order is nothing other than F3R Rafales.

Habibi, look at the video, it's clear as day that it couldn't even track a single target until around 100km. That's a far cry from the 400km it claims, and the video was performed by Russians. Not everything Russia claims is correct, bro. A lot of things are a bit overhyped. So many other things are easy to corroborate when you're objective about things and not think everything is propaganda.

Shame on you for saying that. What the heck is wrong with you? Why are you so confrontational? We can't agree to disagree on certain things like adults?

If it was part of the first deal, then why wasn't it delivered then? It couldn't be part of the first deal since all those Rafales are F3s and not F3R. The former is incapable of firing the meteor without certain upgrades. It's inevitable to be apprehensive about it coming in the next batch.

We'll see about the type if it is F3R or F4. I've read way to much to suggest the order is nothing other than F3R Rafales.
So you got mad because of the question about the Egyptian armed forces decision makers..The intention wasn't bad or with malice..a simple question between bros..All I want to say is that they know much more than you, me or the media..they must have seen something special in the SU-35 before ordering it..and BTW, they have had ordered the Rafale before that!

The Meteor was ordered in the first deal because the F3s were scheduled to be upgraded to F3R, but it wasn't ready yet.. and when it was ready they had to supply the ones who have ordered it before Egypt..Europeans mainly.. as far as if the new Rafale is the F3R or F4.1 (not the full F4).. we will just wait and see..

@Philip the Arab you told me that Jordan doesn't have money for military or resources something like that. But why 1 Jordanian Dinar = 1,41$. Doesn't mean that you have a strong economy?

So you got mad because of the question about the Egyptian armed forces decision makers..

Nah, more disappointed than upset.

The intention wasn't bad or with malice..a simple question between bros..All I want to say is that they know much more than you, me or the media..

Of course they do, but does that mean we don't question their decisions or motives? Ha, that'll be the day you get this kid to keep his mouth shut! :lol:

I even listed all the details that bug the living daylights out of me like the MiG-29M/M2's AA missiles. That's definitely a major subject to question and discuss because it's terrible that they didn't get the longer range missile(s) (which are available for export BTW). Or is it because the Zhuk-ME is a piece of s**t? I'm willing to bet it's the latter and it's not capable of sending mid-course adjustments to the missile for such longer distances. These among several other items are very legitimate points to bring up.

they must have seen something special in the SU-35 before ordering it..

I'm sure they did. But stories about the radar being jammed by the Rafale's SPECTRA are not created out of thin air or confused for 2 completely different parties and then ending up in several respectable information outlets and then some guy trying to convince us it originated from a FB account. We're well-informed enough to be able to look into these matters through our own sources and come up with our own conclusions which is exactly what I did, and I determined the IRBIS-E is a royal piece of s**t lol. Not just a regular pos, but a royal one. Hence why all the talk about it being changed to the N036-1-01 AESA.

A lot of this is partly their fault because they don't announce anything about these contracts to set the record straight, which then leads to all the outside guessing as well as the nonsense. The same old same old. The things that have changed are that there's more exercises, training, combat footage and photos. The rest of the details we have to get on our own and allows YouTubers to go nuts with scattered information.

Another reason why I think they should certainly dump the Su-35, only if the US agrees on the weapons we mentioned so the F-16s get more teeth to them, then go after the Su-57 since that aircraft has finally moved past Soviet era technology and has actually ushered in digital and 5th generation technology. If they can't convince the US on the weapons, then it's definitely the Su-35 but hopefully with the Su-57 radar.

Hey, since they've built several excellent ground-based radars, maybe they'll surprise us and build their own AESA fighter radar that would be compatible to upgrading most or all their fighters besides the Rafales? Wouldn't that be something.

@Philip the Arab you told me that Jordan doesn't have money for military or resources something like that. But why 1 Jordanian Dinar = 1,41$. Doesn't mean that you have a strong economy?

And they also have the AIM-120 for their F-16s.

BTW, being in France, do you ever see any L'armee De L'air Rafales zipping by at all?

1654126492209.png

Rare EAF VIP Blackhawk helicopter. That graph says there's only 2, but I think there was 4 until the cretins shot a kornet at one and destroyed it a few years ago. Not sure if they replaced that one or not.

1654127059459.png

Nah, more disappointed than upset.

Of course they do, but does that mean we don't question their decisions or motives? Ha, that'll be the day you get this kid to keep his mouth shut! :lol:

I even listed all the details that bug the living daylights out of me like the MiG-29M/M2's AA missiles. That's definitely a major subject to question and discuss because it's terrible that they didn't get the longer range missile(s) (which are available for export BTW). Or is it because the Zhuk-ME is a piece of s**t? I'm willing to bet it's the latter and it's not capable of sending mid-course adjustments to the missile for such longer distances. These among several other items are very legitimate points to bring up.

I'm sure they did. But stories about the radar being jammed by the Rafale's SPECTRA are not created out of thin air or confused for 2 completely different parties and then ending up in several respectable information outlets and then some guy trying to convince us it originated from a FB account. We're well-informed enough to be able to look into these matters through our own sources and come up with our own conclusions which is exactly what I did, and I determined the IRBIS-E is a royal piece of s**t lol. Not just a regular pos, but a royal one. Hence why all the talk about it being changed to the N036-1-01 AESA.

A lot of this is partly their fault because they don't announce anything about these contracts to set the record straight, which then leads to all the outside guessing as well as the nonsense. The same old same old. The things that have changed are that there's more exercises, training, combat footage and photos. The rest of the details we have to get on our own and allows YouTubers to go nuts with scattered information.

Another reason why I think they should certainly dump the Su-35, only if the US agrees on the weapons we mentioned so the F-16s get more teeth to them, then go after the Su-57 since that aircraft has finally moved past Soviet era technology and has actually ushered in digital and 5th generation technology. If they can't convince the US on the weapons, then it's definitely the Su-35 but hopefully with the Su-57 radar.

Hey, since they've built several excellent ground-based radars, maybe they'll surprise us and build their own AESA fighter radar that would be compatible to upgrading most or all their fighters besides the Rafales? Wouldn't that be something.

And they also have the AIM-120 for their F-16s.

BTW, being in France, do you ever see any L'armee De L'air Rafales zipping by at all?

View attachment 850128
Did you see the air collision between two french rafales in France?

@Gomig-21 @The SC

Did you see the air collision between two french rafales in France?

So you don't see them flying overhead every once in a while? I'm sure they fly over Paris rather frequently, like maybe on Bastille Day, or D-Day or Victory-E Day?

Can you expound on the thought that the purchase or the 23 AW helicopters the EAF & EN bought -- which are a mix of AW-149s & AW-189s -- was politically motivated? Are you saying it was a snub on the French & Airbus combined, or was it to appease Leonardo for making several favorable deals for Egypt?

As you had mentioned, France had leveled criticism at the Egyptian government. This was just one factor.

During the 1990's, Airbus had signed a multi-billion deal to provide airplanes to India. An investigation found that huge bribes were paid to secure this deal, as well as honey-pot arrangements for senior government and military officials in India.
Airbus ended up having to take steps to save face. The CEO was replaced, and the new CEO issued an internal memo to all employees and subsidiaries that they were no longer allowed to 'entertain' potential clients, and dinner meetings had to be personally approved by the CEO in advance. I lost access to the private booth at hockey games, my marketing manager quit.
The relevance of that to this topic is that Leonardo has no restrictions as to how it sells aircraft. Egypt is on a military spending spree with Saudi money. There has to be kick backs for the deal to proceed. It won't be Airbus, and it won't be on merit.

On that topic, the only reason Egypt is now approved to purchase the F-15, a 45 year old design, is because Israel has the F-35 operational and in service.

Egypt is on a military spending spree with Saudi money.
The approval of the approval of the approval of the approval of this form was funded by German banks
All the deals of the Egyptian army are financed by the army or with loans from the same countries, the deals of France, Germany and Italy

On that topic, the only reason Egypt is now approved to purchase the F-15, a 45 year old design, is because Israel has the F-35 operational and in service.
Relax, the deal has not been approved because it does not meet the Egyptian requests

As you had mentioned, France had leveled criticism at the Egyptian government. This was just one factor.

During the 1990's, Airbus had signed a multi-billion deal to provide airplanes to India. An investigation found that huge bribes were paid to secure this deal, as well as honey-pot arrangements for senior government and military officials in India.
Airbus ended up having to take steps to save face. The CEO was replaced, and the new CEO issued an internal memo to all employees and subsidiaries that they were no longer allowed to 'entertain' potential clients, and dinner meetings had to be personally approved by the CEO in advance. I lost access to the private booth at hockey games, my marketing manager quit.
The relevance of that to this topic is that Leonardo has no restrictions as to how it sells aircraft. Egypt is on a military spending spree with Saudi money. There has to be kick backs for the deal to proceed. It won't be Airbus, and it won't be on merit.

On that topic, the only reason Egypt is now approved to purchase the F-15, a 45 year old design, is because Israel has the F-35 operational and in servic
Search...

Daily

Weekly

In-Depth

Regions

Hot Topics

About us
Services

Products

Pricing
Contact us
Logout
Daily
Weekly
In-Depth
Regions
Hot Topics
EGYPT
U.S.A.
Egypt: concerns over the F-15 deal?
Published on June 01, 2022

credits
The U.S. is said to have offered Egypt an updated proposal on the sale of F-15 Advanced Eagle fighter jets.

The U.S. proposal is reported to have considerably downgraded and underequipped the F-15s which has led to dissatisfaction from the Egyptian side.

UNLOCKED REPORT
Got a confidential tip or information for our reporters? Get in touch

The U.S. is said to have offered Egypt an updated proposal on the sale of F-15 Advanced Eagle fighter jets.

The U.S. proposal is reported to have considerably downgraded and underequipped the F-15s which has led to dissatisfaction from the Egyptian side.

Tactical Report has made a 389-word report to shed more light on the U.S. proposal and the subsequent concerns over the deal.

Reports from Washington suggest that the U.S. has offered Egypt an updated proposal on the sale of Boeing F-15 Advanced Eagle fighter jets.

The deal which consisted of purchasing between 24 and 32 F-15s, came in a move to follow Cairo canceling a Su-35 order from Russia.

The deal has not been reached yet, as the U.S. is waiting for the Egyptian side to submit a final letter of request (LOR) based on the mentioned proposal.

Additionally, the U.S. Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) has not yet notified the U.S. Congress of a possible Foreign Military Sales (FMS) deal.

Available information reveals that Commander of the Egyptian Air Force (EAF) Lt-General Mohamed Abbas Helmy has raised many concerns to the Pentagon regarding Egyptian reservations and complaints about the F-15 proposed armament package and the terms of use.

As a result, Lt-General Helmy believes that the F-15 variants that the U.S. has offered will be less effective than the Mikoyan MiG-29M, which the EAF currently operates.

Moreover, the Egyptian side claims that the F-15 fighter jets are overpriced given the major downgrades involved, rendering their performance weaker in comparison to the F-16 fighters that are used by neighboring countries such as Israel.

Sources close to the situation say that Lt-General Helmy is also not satisfied with the lack of advanced air-to-ground or air-to-air missile weapons included in the F-15 proposal, as well as the downgraded electronic warfare (EW) systems and U.S. control over flight, deployment, and basing.

It is important to note that the U.S. has offered to equip the F-15 fighters with downgraded variants of the AIM-120 Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missile (AMRAAM), and will not provide Egypt with more advanced weapons, such as Israel's newer AIM-120C-7 models.

The AIM-120 AMRAAM is a U.S. beyond-visual-range air-to-air missile (BVRAAM) capable of all-weather day-and-night operations.

In addition, the F-15 fighters will be considerably downgraded, their codes will be strictly controlled by the U.S., and they will be unable to challenge neighboring countries' air superiority.

The same sources add that the U.S. is not willing to adjust the terms of the F-15 deal and has essentially presented the Egyptian side with a “take it or leave it” offer.

In fact, Cairo has yet to make a final decision over the deal, but the U.S. ultimately expects the Egyptians to agree to the sale.

U.S.EgyptCairoEAFIsraelWashingtonRussiaU.S. Defense Security Cooperation AgencyDSCAU.S. CongressForeign Military SalesFMS
How was your reading? Any specific information you want to know more about? Contact Us

RELATED REPORTS
DAILY
Iraq: Three scenarios to end the dispute with KRG
Wednesday, June 01, 2022

Iraq

44 Credits

DAILY
Qatar: World Cup, and MBDA SkyWarden system
Wednesday, June 01, 2022

Qatar

40 Credits

DAILY
UAE, Turkey and future fighter jet
Tuesday, May 31, 2022

UAE
South Korea

45 Credits

DAILY
UAE, Poland and SPZR Poprad system
Tuesday, May 31, 2022

UAE
Poland

40 Credits

IN-DEPTH
UAE Intends to Become First Hypersonic Weapon User in MENA: Current Procurement & Localization Trends (Analysis)
Tuesday, May 31, 2022

UAE

100 Credits

DAILY
Saudi Navy, South Korea and mine-clearing vessels
Tuesday, May 31, 2022

KSA
South Korea

41 Credits

DAILY
Algeria: ENI and mid-term options for EU gas supply
Monday, May 30, 2022

Algeria
Europe

44 Credits

LATEST WEEKLY REPORTS
WEEKLY
TR Weekly – Friday, May 27 | 29th Year, Issue #29/21
Friday, May 27, 2022

100 Credits

WEEKLY
TR Weekly – Friday, May 20 | 29th Year, Issue #29/20
Friday, May 20, 2022

100 Credits

WEEKLY
TR Weekly – Friday, May 13 | 29th Year, Issue #29/19
Friday, May 13, 2022

100 Credits

WEEKLY
TR Weekly – Friday, May 6 | 29th Year, Issue #29/18
Friday, May 06, 2022

100 Credits

WEEKLY
TR Weekly – Friday, April 29 | 29th Year, Issue #29/17
Friday, April 29, 2022

100 Credits

WEEKLY
TR Weekly – Friday, April 22 | 29th Year, Issue #29/16
Friday, April 22, 2022

100 Credits

WEEKLY
TR Weekly – Friday, April 15 | 29th Year, Issue #29/15
Friday, April 15, 2022

100 Credits

Topics
Politics
Defense And Security
Energy, Oil And Gas
Special Reports
Profiles
Regional Defense Companies
Events
Statements
Quick links
About Us
Services
Daily Intelligence Reports
Weekly Intelligence Reports
Order a sample
Plans and prices
FAQ
Careers
Contact us
Services
About Daily Reports
About Weekly Reports
Market Intelligence Feed
Consultancy
Follow Us
logo
© 2020, Tactical Report | All rights reserved

Terms of UsePrivacy statementRefund/Cancellation Policy

Last edited:
While President Sisi did not disclose how Egypt financed these deals, he has benefited from loans and financial aid from his regional allies, particularly Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

It was this comment I was referring to from the following article.

That link I provided also comments briefly on the political reasons for the helicopter purchases.

Back
Top Bottom