What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Screenshot-2022-05-27-at-08-30-47-2-Флагманы-промышленности-Хабаровского-края-посетили-депутат...png

Imagine if our Air Force pilots are training with Saudi pilots on the F-15SA. I think if we saw the video of our MoD and egyptian pilots inside of the F-15SA i will be 100% sure that Egypt will buy the F-15
Wish Jordan had 48 F-15s and upgrades all F-16s to the V standard.

BTW, I’ve been thinking that Egypt and the UAE should work on a joint satellite launch vehicle to compete with other countries and have the capability to launch their own satellites in orbit.

I’m sure Egypt could do it alone but it’s cost prohibitive even for EU nations which have all decided to partner together for the Ariane and Vega program.

Wish Jordan had 48 F-15s and upgrades all F-16s to the V standard.

BTW, I’ve been thinking that Egypt and the UAE should work on a joint satellite launch vehicle to compete with other countries and have the capability to launch their own satellites in orbit.

I’m sure Egypt could do it alone but it’s cost prohibitive even for EU nations which have all decided to partner together for the Ariane and Vega program.
Honestly idk nothing about satellites and how they work etc... hahahaha.

How many F-16 does Jordan have and which variant?

Honestly idk nothing about satellites and how they work etc... hahahaha.

How many F-16 does Jordan have and which variant?
44 upgraded to Block 50 standards currently with 16 F-16V on order but not enough imo.

Jordan is not a rich country though, so it relies on funding and donations from the UAE such as the AT-802s and Leclercs.

Imagine if our Air Force pilots are training with Saudi pilots on the F-15SA. I think if we saw the video of our MoD and egyptian pilots inside of the F-15SA i will be 100% sure that Egypt will buy the F-15

I'm pretty sure they've taken rides in the backseats a few times in the past. I know they did that for sure with the Kuwaiti F/A-18 Hornets.

This is Faisal 12 not 22. I think Mahmoud made a slight typing mistake there. Most of these exercises are in their teens in numbers.

But this thing is such a beauty and surprised they're using the MiGs with the F-16s and Saudi F-15SAs. This could very well mean that all the data linkage and IFF between the EAFs Russian & US/Western platforms is fully functioning. A good sign although a bit strange not to see the Rafale with the F-16s in this meeting.

1654009042709.png

I'm pretty sure they've taken rides in the backseats a few times in the past. I know they did that for sure with the Kuwaiti F/A-18 Hornets.

This is Faisal 12 not 22. I think Mahmoud made a slight typing mistake there. Most of these exercises are in their teens in numbers.

But this thing is such a beauty and surprised they're using the MiGs with the F-16s and Saudi F-15SAs. This could very well mean that all the data linkage and IFF between the EAFs Russian & US/Western platforms is fully functioning. A good sign although a bit strange not to see the Rafale with the F-16s in this meeting.

View attachment 849731
When I mentioned that some MiG fighters are equipped with an Italian ESA radar, I did not make a mistake, and the electronics from Leonardo 22

When I mentioned that some MiG fighters are equipped with an Italian ESA radar, I did not make a mistake, and the electronics from Leonardo 22

The Egyptian MiG-29M/M2s? They were all assembled with the Russian-built Zhuk-ME, this is a fact not only from MiG itself, but from all the sources we obtained when they were building them for the EAF because the Zhuk-AE (AESA) was not ready at the time. This is exactly why this fighter is called the M/M2 and not the MiG-35, almost exclusively because of the radar. Now if they changed them after that, we never heard anything from the Italians or Leonardo about that and they would have made an official announcement for sure.

Besides, what is an ESA radar? That stands for Electronically Scanned Array but doesn't complete the type. The Zhuk-ME is a PESA radar (Wikipedia claims it's a hybrid PESA/AESA in the X-band frequency which is not correct), and we researched all of this in great detail several years ago ask @The SC . He and I discussed this extensively through several threads including older members like MICA and Frogman who claimed they had already decided on Pulse Doppler radars and even bought them for the MiG assembly. So ESA makes no sense, it needs to be either PESA (Passive Electronically Scanned Array) or AESA (Active Electronically Scanned Array) like the RBE2 radar in the Rafale.

There was also the article in Combat Fighter magazine which said that MiG corporation was supposed to replace all the radars in all the Egyptian MiGs with the Zhuk-AE but they never did. Now if they contracted new radars from the Italians and avionics from Leonardo and changed a few of them like you say, (which I hope they did because the Zhuk-ME is really not that great of a radar), where is the source? And how many is "some" of them?

It makes a lot of sense that this is why they did that test with SPECTRA on the Su-35SE's IRBIS-E radar because the Russians also claimed it was a PESA/AESA hybrid and if it had AESA capabilities, SPECTRA wouldn't have been able to jam it so easily like it did. But the EAF Rafale pilots choked that thing and jammed it in the stuck position! lmao. Cannot have a fighter of that caliber with an older Soviet-type radar ya3ni mesh momkin el la7wasa w'l shakhsakha de!

If they reject the F-15 and stay with the Su-35SE, then let's hope and pray the EAF has made the Sukhoi and KnAAPO change the IRBIS-E with the N036-1-01 X-band AESA radar.
Otherwise why do that test with SPECTRA? It's bad enough they didn't understand the issues about the IRBIS-E before they ordered the fighters.

They also need to upgrade all the Khibiny pods. Sadly those have been determined also not to be as effective as western-built ones.

Last edited:
The Egyptian MiG-29M/M2s? They were all assembled with the Russian-built Zhuk-ME, this is a fact not only from MiG itself, but from all the sources we obtained when they were building them for the EAF because the Zhuk-AE (AESA) was not ready at the time. This is exactly why this fighter is called the M/M2 and not the MiG-35, almost exclusively because of the radar. Now if they changed them after that, we never heard anything from the Italians or Leonardo about that and they would have made an official announcement for sure.

Besides, what is an ESA radar? That stands for Electronically Scanned Array but doesn't complete the type. The Zhuk-ME is a PESA radar (Wikipedia claims it's a hybrid PESA/AESA in the X-band frequency which is not correct), and we researched all of this in great detail several years ago ask @The SC . He and I discussed this extensively through several threads including older members like MICA and Frogman who claimed they had already decided on Pulse Doppler radars and even bought them for the MiG assembly. So ESA makes no sense, it needs to be either PESA (Passive Electronically Scanned Array) or AESA (Active Electronically Scanned Array) like the RBE2 radar in the Rafale.

There was also the article in Combat Fighter magazine which said that MiG corporation was supposed to replace all the radars in all the Egyptian MiGs with the Zhuk-AE but they never did. Now if they contracted new radars from the Italians and avionics from Leonardo and changed a few of them like you say, (which I hope they did because the Zhuk-ME is really not that great of a radar), where is the source? And how many is "some" of them?

It makes a lot of sense that this is why they did that test with SPECTRA on the Su-35SE's IRBIS-E radar because the Russians also claimed it was a PESA/AESA hybrid and if it had AESA capabilities, SPECTRA wouldn't have been able to jam it so easily like it did. But the EAF Rafale pilots choked that thing and jammed it in the stuck position! lmao. Cannot have a fighter of that caliber with an older Soviet-type radar ya3ni mesh momkin el la7wasa w'l shakhsakha de!

If they reject the F-15 and stay with the Su-35SE, then let's hope and pray the EAF has made the Sukhoi and KnAAPO change the IRBIS-E with the N036-1-01 X-band AESA radar.
Otherwise why do that test with SPECTRA? It's bad enough they didn't understand the issues about the IRBIS-E before they ordered the fighters.

They also need to upgrade all the Khibiny pods. Sadly those have been determined also not to be as effective as western-built ones.
No one knows what is exactly going on .. let's be patient..

Honestly I don't believe that Egypt tried the Rafale's radar on SU-35. Last time, I heard it about this it was between an Egyptian Rafale and an Indian SU-30 (not sure)

@Gomig-21

Back
Top Bottom