What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

So it is modified yes or no the missile in 3:19?

@Gomig-21 Like I told you the SU-75 will share the same fate as SU-57. Russia announced that they will produce SU-75 in 2027 and not in 2025. Sadly, I was very excited for the SU-75.

Last edited:

Obviously it is, right? That's why I referred you to the other time where a different F-16 was taking off and it had the regular Sparrows on it with the white heads. This one is clearly modified with some type of seeker head but no one knows much more about it.

@Gomig-21 Like I told you the SU-75 will the same fate as SU-57. Russia announced that they will produce SU-75 in 2027 and not in 2025. Sadly, I was very excited for the SU-75.

Yeah bro, but I wasn't talking about the Su-75. I said the Su-57 which is on its 6th production platform now and they're waiting for either something to complete the engines or they're waiting for the Su-57M to be completed and then they're supposedly going to up production. I'm mostly interested in seeing the Su-57 in the EAF than the 75. The latter still has a long way to go and the former has already been through all the necessary testing and then some. It will also give them more of a reason to skip the Su-35 for now.

Speaking of Su-35, from just a couple of weeks ago.

Suspected collapse of Su-35 deal sees US agree Egyptian F-15 order​

18th March 2022 - 10:14 GMT | by Tim Martin in Belfast

Last edited:
Obviously it is, right? That's why I referred you to the other time where a different F-16 was taking off and it had the regular Sparrows on it with the white heads. This one is clearly modified with some type of seeker head but no one knows much more about it.

Yeah bro, but I wasn't talking about the Su-75. I said the Su-57 which is on its 6th production platform now and they're waiting for either something to complete the engines or they're waiting for the Su-57M to be completed and then they're supposedly going to up production. I'm mostly interested in seeing the Su-57 in the EAF than the 75. The latter still has a long way to go and the former has already been through all the necessary testing and then some. It will also give them more of a reason to skip the Su-35 for now.

Speaking of Su-35, from just a couple of weeks ago.

Suspected collapse of Su-35 deal sees US agree Egyptian F-15 order​

18th March 2022 - 10:14 GMT | by Tim Martin in Belfast

Is F-15 Advanced Eagle an advanced variant or something shitty like F-15C etc..?

@Gomig-21 Like I told you the SU-75 will share the same fate as SU-57. Russia announced that they will produce SU-75 in 2027 and not in 2025. Sadly, I was very excited for the SU-75.
First flight 2025 and serial production in 2027..

So will USA now provide BVR missiles with F-15 deal?
Logically yes. An F-15 can't work without AIM-120 missiles. But we don't have any news about the deal only what Gen Mckenzie said about the deal. Honestly I trust our army for this deal and will not do the same mistakes as our previous ones (during Mubarak era). That's why our president turned to Russia and France and Germany for buying aircrafts and weapons that USA didn't want to give us.

Honestly I don't believe in this deal because in the report he said Ministry of Military Production are negociating why are the MOMP doing the deal when it is must be with MoD. Something is wrong about. Unless they give us ToT which is impossible ofc. Plus we are still in "tensions" with Italy because Giulio Regeni's case

Honestly I don't believe in this deal because in the report he said Ministry of Military Production are negociating why are the MOMP doing the deal when it is must be with MoD. Something is wrong about. Unless they give us ToT which is impossible ofc. Plus we are still in "tensions" with Italy because Giulio Regeni's case
If the "tensions" with Italy because Giulio Regeni's case were real.. you wouldn't have seen the Berghamini in the EN already.. period.. and for sure there will be ToT in this new deal.. even small.. but sophisticated..

Last edited:
If the "tensions" with Italy because Giulio Regeni's case.. you wouldn't have seen the Berghamini in the EN already.. period.. and for sure there will be ToT even small.. but sophisticated..
Or maybe the Berghamini in Italy was a close in the contract to be armed. I guess we will never know.
For you what is the % of getting ATR-72MP. For me it is 5%

I wonder how Egypt can buy such high tech weapons? Doesn't Israel feel threatened?

Egypt is the most capable army in the Arab world. They have proved this in wars against Israel. If you look at Middle East post 9/11, you'll see all Israel potential enemies have been destroyed in the name of 'war against terror'.

Or maybe the Berghamini in Italy was a close in the contract to be armed. I guess we will never know.
For you what is the % of getting ATR-72MP. For me it is 5%
75%.. and if Egypt really pushes for it.. 95%+

I wonder how Egypt can buy such high tech weapons? Doesn't Israel feel threatened?

Egypt is the most capable army in the Arab world. They have proved this in wars against Israel. If you look at Middle East post 9/11, you'll see all Israel potential enemies have been destroyed in the name of 'war against terror'.
Destroyed is a big word.. might be valuable 20 years ago when there was a US+ 45 allies _mainly NATO_ war against Iraq and Syria ( libya never really counted more than supplying some more weapons..and Yemen was always at war with itself).. Today Iraq can field a huge ground armed forces and Syria still has a huge tank force and artillery.. combined with other Arab air forces they can still be very potent armed forces..

Egypt can buy these weapons.. because Usrael has ordered the Poseidon P-8 from the US.. and it will most certainly get it.. Egypt is always looking for strategic balance with Usrael.. And although there is a relatively good peace between the two.. you just never know!

Last edited:

Egypt is buying because we have to modernize our army after more than 20 years of neglection by our previous president Hosni Mubarak. He did that because he didn't want to make USA angry. First our M-109 Howitzer is old so we need to buy new ones. The navy had very old equipments like Romeo-class submarine etc... And our Air Force had only downgraded F-16s with only AIM-7 Sparrow as our BVR missile, F-4 phantom,Mirage 2K and some old MIG-21 and J-7 who were still operation. Since our president came to power, he wanted to modernize our military and to step away from american influence who doesn't give advanced weapons because QME (Israel). So he decided to buy multiple sources like Germany for the navy, Russia for the MIG-29 and maybe the SU-35 and missiles like Iskander, France for the Rafales Fremm, Italy with M-346 advanced trainer aircraft, China with ballistic missiles, cruise missile and UAV/UCAV.

@Gomig-21 why no one is talking about Operation Badr which is one of the most hardest operations in the 20th century. The western media and hsitorians always talk about Operation Focus which is to be fair one of the best well executed operation.

Last edited:
@Gomig-21 why no one is talking about Operation Badr which is one of the most hardest operations in the 20th century. The western media and hsitorians always talk about Operation Focus which is to be fair one of the best well executed operation.

We've discussed Operation Badr ad nauseum on this forum, and I have on others for 20+ years. @The SC has opened countless threads on the October War and different aspects of it. What we haven't really discussed is the air battle of Al Mansoura. We have, just not in much detail. Try the search function although it doesn't usually work very well for me, but you might get lucky and run into those threads.

Saw this today and it's interesting the emotions any one of these pics conjures into some people because they then think because it's a new pic that means they're still building them and that the Su-35 contract hasn't been cancelled. But neither has it been fully approved either and people sill think that 5 of these aircraft have already been delivered. They'll definitely need to change the radars first as well as deny the F-15s;

1653973045324.png

Nice pic of an AA refueling training mission with a French Airbus A330 MRTT with one EAF single seat Rafale EM and two 2-seat Rafale DM.

1653973322632.png

Saw this graph the other day, some interesting numbers of aircraft like 10 Mi-24s? Three C-130 ELINT and only 3 An-74s? A lot of Tucanos and Grobs.

1653882411386.png

Back
Top Bottom