What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

@Ghostkiller
Pretty sure halcon could develop a missile like the ALAS if they tried, the subsystems needed are already going to be used in vehicle launched drones such as the Hunter-10 and Hunter-5 which both have a man in the loop capability of 30km.

Man in the loop means a operator looks through a camera located in the nose of the drone and directs its path.

I know, bro lol. I will take a 20 lbs sledgehammer to my own forehead if they put those orange markings on them. Then I will kill myself if they accept them without AMRAAMs. That will be the end of the end or everything lmao.
You see an EAF F-15EX with AIM-7 Sparrows, now that would be extremely sad.

Borderline treason sad

@Ghostkiller
Pretty sure halcon could develop a missile like the ALAS if they tried, the subsystems needed are already going to be used in vehicle launched drones such as the Hunter-10 and Hunter-5 which both have a man in the loop capability of 30km.

Man in the loop means a operator looks through a camera located in the nose of the drone and directs its path.
I am pretty sure that UAE is developing something like MMP, Umtas (Turkey), Spike missiles. Till now they showed anti armored vehicles launched from the air (Desert Sting i dont remember other hahaha remind me if there is other). Plus UAE decided to cooperate with Serbia so why would the UAE invest on something that they wouldn't produce or buy it after all.

1653701184890.png

🤔?

That is a suicide or kamikaze drone. That's the launcher with the skinny front legs. Typical launcher canister for most makes of kamikaze drones just like the one in the video that @Philip the Arab posted of the Russian one decimating those Ukrainian soldiers. These things are super deadly as we're witnessing in this current war and no target discrimination whatsoever. You can hit and destroy any land and probably smaller sea targets.

1653700688468.png

1653700580104.png

1653700629048.png

You see an EAF F-15EX with AIM-7 Sparrows, now that would be extremely sad.

Borderline treason sad

I'm telling you, bro. It will be a disaster of epic proportions. But they can't allow that, can they? There is no way they could possibly allow that to happen. And frankly, we shouldn't even worry about it and be 100% confident that after all the years without AMRAAMs that the EAF would put its foot down and make the US provide those weapons. On top of also getting the MICAs and R-77s, we shouldn't worry about one bit. :rolleyes:

BTW, where has @Hydration been? Enta fenak ya m3alem?

That is a suicide or kamikaze drone. That's the launcher with the skinny front legs. Typical launcher canister for most makes of kamikaze drones just like the one in the video that @Philip the Arab posted of the Russian one decimating those Ukrainian soldiers. These things are super deadly as we're witnessing in this current war and no target discrimination whatsoever. You can hit and destroy any land and probably smaller sea targets.

View attachment 848552

View attachment 848550

View attachment 848551

I'm telling you, bro. It will be a disaster of epic proportions. But they can't allow that, can they? There is no way they could possibly allow that to happen. And frankly, we shouldn't even worry about it and be 100% confident that after all the years without AMRAAMs that the EAF would put its foot down and make the US provide those weapons. On top of also getting the MICAs and R-77s, we shouldn't worry about one bit. :rolleyes:

BTW, where has @Hydration been? Enta fenak ya m3alem?
You have the name of this kamikaze drone? Who uses? the SOF or the infantry?

Pic looks a bit old don't you think?

At first I thought it may be a Halcon loitering munition but the bipod is completely wrong so its not it.

1653703116125.png

Cant be the uvision ones because its Israeli.

Last edited:
Pic looks a bit old don't you think?

Yes! I was just going to say that, just by looking at the soldier's uniform you can tell this goes back a while which makes it even more interesting that the EGY army was operating those things back whenever this was, mid-90's?

Probably some Czechoslovakian :D model just kidding. I have no idea and I assume it's probably used by whomever formed the sagger battalions in the October War who performed incredibly well and destroyed hundreds of enemy tanks. And those were wire guided ATGMs of the first kind ever used in warfare. Anti-tank infantry units as well as Sa'aka and even paras and navy SOF. I don't think it would or should be limited to any single particular group.

@Ghostkiller
About the large scopes you were talking about.

PVS-4 is quite large of a scope and dated but AIO produces it locally which is why we see it.

I noticed the Type 63 MLRS is still in service which is unfortunate, hopefully it is replaced soon.

The question is Italy ready to give us the aircraft despite Giulio Regeni isn't finished? The odd thing is why would Ministry of Military Production (MoMP) negotiate the deal when Leonardo will not give us ToT? Usually it is MoD who negotiate those deals and not the MoMP

The 3 things that really get me from that lousy article:

"From Rome they expect the agreement not to face difficult obstacles when it is approved by the Italian parliament for two reasons."

Really? After offering Egypt one of the largest megal deals in Italian history which included:

6 Frigates including 2x confirmed FREMM Bergamini
24 M-346 trainer jets
20 Falaj II OPV
1 Military Satellite
AND 24 EUROFIGHTER TYPHOON JETS (remember this one for the 3rd point coming up.)

Now 3 maritime ISR aircraft shouldn't face any issues? lmao.

"First, Italy has pressured the government of Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi to take a more proactive role in hermetically sealing its maritime borders that has seen an increase in the influx of human trafficking and illegal immigration over the past two years."

"hermetically sealing "? LMFAO! Hermetically sealing the border?!?! Are these people for real? What is it a hospital border or some kind of plague containment?! Unbelievable.

First of all, there is no influx of human trafficking and illegal immigration coming from the northern Egyptian maritime border those liars. Second, all that is happening from the LIBYAN coast, not the Egyptian one. So they can take that false claim and stick it. The nerve of these people.

"Second, the agreement does not include any advanced transfer of offensive military applications that could raise the concerns of other regional countries."

So now suddenly it's an issue when they had offered 24 Eurofighter Typhoons with all their associated weapons and those weren't offensive weapons?! lol, suddenly it's a concern? And who are these "regional countries"? There's only one that is scared crapless of Egypt and we know which one that is, so where are all the "others" since they wrote that in plural form? Wlad el kalb el m3araseen el lebaw dol.

Besides, "ISR" or surveillance aircraft of ANY KIND are NEVER considered "offensive weapons" in the first place, so why even make that a stipulation? Or even bring it up in the first place?!

Egypt should immediately back out of this deal and move on. That's what they did with France and practically ended the entire relationship with the French after Macron started yapping BS about "human rights" and all that rubbish. Then he backtracked and since has never uttered those shameful words again. But that ended all the agreements for the 12 additional Rafales and any future Gowind ToT and especially ended any further FREMM purchases.

The hell with the Italians and these aircraft, just finish the FREMM Bergamini deal and get the remaining ships and be done with them. Plenty of other excellent maritime surveillance aircraft out there to choose from.

Honestly I will trust him than anybody else.

Definitely some great opportunities in this possible venture with Brazil. They did already sign an agreement for military cooperation, just I don't think we're privy to the details of that deal. But if it does involve the particular items this fella discussed in this video, I'm with him 100% on every single one except the Super Tucano. We've already built just about 150 Tucano trainers back in the 80s of which 54 were for Egypt and the other 100 or so were specifically built and delivered to Iraq. But good luck finding any pictures of these in the EAF. Almost impossible.

1653795272884.png

So I really don't see any benefit in taking on the Super Tucano for what it brings in terms of ToT or in application since the EAF already has the Tractor and other very similar options. There just doesn't seem to be any beneficial application to that aircraft ToT. They need to get find a fighter to achieve this task with. Get the experience of that is much more beneficial that a lightweight prop trainer/attack aircraft.

The rest of the options he mentioned are absolutely perfect, especially the Embraer EMB-145/RS AEW&C. He mentions the radar on that is a pulse doppler but that is incorrect. It's actually the SAAB Erieye AESA radar which does present a problem in that it's obviously a Swedish Zionist built radar and they don't like selling us anything for obvious reasons. They claim it's because we aren't a democracy loool, but we all know why that Swede ZIONIST government doesn't wish to have us as a military customer whatsoever. So maybe Egypt and Brazil can get creative and built their own AESA radar to mount on that terrific aircraft and supplement the current fleet of 8 E-2C Hawkeyes soon to be upgraded to Ds. That would be a very well spent endeavor to get into.

1653795728486.png

The other one is the Brazilian MTC-300 Matador cruise missile is a no-brainer. He does claim its range to be somewhere between 500 to 1000 kilometers but we all know that will never fly because of ITAR regulation which stipulate any sale of any weapon cannot exceed 300 km. So that is pretty much the listed range for that missile. Now unless one can build their own indigenous CM, they can make its range anything they please. Just you can't sell them to other countries over 300km. So this is a great endeavor that could very well lead to an indigenous CM although I don't know what has taken Egypt this long to get into this field and produce its own with a 1000 km range and a deadly warhead? This should've been on the agenda a long time ago right alongside all the UAV/UCAVs they've been building.

1653795696845.png

The Embraer KC-390 cargo/transport/AWACs/ISR AND tanker lol aircraft is also a no-brainer. The versatility of that aircraft is crazy which is why I described it the way I did. But building those jet engines for that aircraft would be a great opportunity. And ever since they haven't been able to purchase the A400M from Airbus for whatever reason...............

1653796699636.png

..............it might be an omen in disguise since it really doesn't offer that much more than what the current fleet of EAF's C-130s, plus C-295 AND An-74s. So pulling a jet engine cargo of that capability and flexibility would be a very smart and workable option.

1653796600248.png

1653796537419.png
those jet engines and that entire cargo air frame would be priceless as far as experience is concerned.

1653796512332.png

And of course the ASTROS MLRS goes without saying!

1653797718036.png

The only thing the EGY military will have to be apprehensive about while working with the Brazilians is their affinity for the Jewish state. They do have several military pacts with it and security will have to be a huge priority, Other than that, the only one I don't like out of his list is the Super Tucano which I see no benefit from at all. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Check it out, fellas; pause it @ minute 3:19 when the commander shakes the pilot's hand after coming out of the F-16D block 52 and take a look at the sparrow missile to his right. It's our old friend the modified guy.

@ minute 0:19 are the standard Sparrows with the white heads.

Some pics.

1653857891795.png

1653857906984.png
1653857918076.png

I don't think I have seen this particular pic of Su-35SE.

1653865656570.png

Back
Top Bottom