What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Well, yeah man hahaha you know me well, now. I certainly don't mind the choice and hope the whole current fleet of 19 Cs & Ds get all upgraded to the D model. They've needed more of these terrific transport helos for all the growing army and expansion that is happening. My problem is of course the cost. Each one of these Ds is about $32 million a piece which times by 23 comes up under $750 million. I understand of course that this package comes with training, associated equipment and technical support which still doesn't add up to another $1.6+ billion!? It's absolutely crazy. Oh, let's not forget the 5000 TOW-2A for another $700 million.

They've also signed the deal for the new 12 C-130Js for another $2.2 billion. And didn't they also request the refurbishing of the 43 EAF Apaches for another $2.3 billion (without the Long Bow)? It's crazy. So you have all this:

1) $2.3 billion for the Apaches refurbishing (2020)
2) $2.2 billion for the 12 C-130Js (Jan. 2022)
3) $2.6 billion for 23 CH-47D Chinooks (2022)
5) $700 million for 5000 TOW-2A (2022)
Total is almost $8 billion.

That's a lot to take out of an annual allowance of $1.3 billion and like you said, what does that do to the possible F-15 deal? How would they structure them under the Peace Vector Military Aid when they've already committed so much out of it that will take a decade or more to pay off.

It would seem like maybe the EAF told the US they weren't interested in the F-15 at all and will pursue the Su-35 but in return, they'll purchase all this other stuff, from the C-130s, to these Chinooks and TOWs etc.? We shall see, but the Chinooks and the C-130s are great choices, only super expensive.
I don't think Egypt will give up the F-15 for stuff like the aircraft. Ya3ni you can't give a fucking 25 F-15 or whatever for some Chinooks C-130 TOW-2 missiles Apaches etc... You can give up the F-15 for SU-35 or either for upgrading all of your F-16 fleets with AIM-120 JDAMs AESA radar and other electronics.

Last edited:
I don't think Egypt will give up the F-15 for stuff like the aircraft. Ya3ni you can't give a fucking 25 F-15 or whatever for some Chinooks C-130 TOW-2 missiles Apaches etc... You can give up the F-15 for SU-35 or either for upgrading all of your F-16 fleets with AIM-120 JDAMs AESA radar and other electronics.

So you think they'll pay for the F-15s and all those missiles and JDAM kits etc.? Imagine what the cost of that will be! lmao Or will they use more aid money? They've already used up $8 billion of the aid money and they must've already committed a certain amount of $ for the Su-35s since they were almost all built. Either they placed a percentage of the $2.2 billion for the deposit on the Sukhois or half or whatever, but either way, they'll still be obligated to pay the entire amount for the fighters regardless if they accept them or cancel them. So that's a total of $10 billion just on these purchases.

36 F-15QAs cost Qatar $6.2 billion. If Egypt has to pay for 24, it will be at least $4 billion and 40 jets (like many seem to think will be the number of aircraft) would be close to $8 billion lol! How will they pay for them; either from the aid money or from loans? That's why I'm thinking they might've passed on the F-15s and will go Su-35 since they already have invested in them and won't lose that money on top of paying an exorbitant amount for another couple of squadrons of F-15s and they've already purchased all this other stuff we mentioned.

So you think they'll pay for the F-15s and all those missiles and JDAM kits etc.? Imagine what the cost of that will be! lmao Or will they use more aid money? They've already used up $8 billion of the aid money and they must've already committed a certain amount of $ for the Su-35s since they were almost all built. Either they placed a percentage of the $2.2 billion for the deposit on the Sukhois or half or whatever, but either way, they'll still be obligated to pay the entire amount for the fighters regardless if they accept them or cancel them. So that's a total of $10 billion just on these purchases.

36 F-15QAs cost Qatar $6.2 billion. If Egypt has to pay for 24, it will be at least $4 billion and 40 jets (like many seem to think will be the number of aircraft) would be close to $8 billion lol! How will they pay for them; either from the aid money or from loans? That's why I'm thinking they might've passed on the F-15s and will go Su-35 since they already have invested in them and won't lose that money on top of paying an exorbitant amount for another couple of squadrons of F-15s and they've already purchased all this other stuff we mentioned.
For me I think all those 8 billions were previous deals that we didn't get in time for certain reasons. I am still thinking that Egypt is sticked with the F-15 deal. For me, having SU-35 is just a dream that will be never fulfilled. Ya3ni General Mckenzi said Egypt will get the F-15. So he is 100% certain. Plus he isn't just a small representative of USArF but the commander of CENTCOM. So for me we must forget about the SU-35.

Last edited:
Today EDGE met with Brazil as well, there could be an opportunity for all these countries to collaborate with eachother to develop technolgies.

I agree though the HAS-250 would be quite useful to replace older ant ship missiles if it is good enough.

View attachment 848193
The same delegation was in Morocco apparently two days prior to their visit to Egypt..AND Brazil is already doing good business and ToT with KSA..mostly their MLRS with its rockets of all types and calibers.. also that Turbo Engine you all saw..

I mean there is a video where the Serbian army uses the Nimr vehicle. There is rumors that UAE put 300million$ on the table for cooperation of ALAS missile.

Why would UAE funds and interests on something that she wouldn't continue after.

What is the weapon mounted on this IFV/APC? (min: 1:24). Is it M2 Browning ?
I remember this machine gun is made in Egypt..

For me I think all those 8 billions were previous deals that we didn't get in time for certain reasons. I am still thinking that Egypt is sticked with the F-15 deal. For me, having SU-35 is just a dream that will be never fulfilled. Ya3ni General Mckenzi said Egypt will get the F-15. So he is 100% certain. Plus he isn't just a small representative of USArF but the commander of CENTCOM. So for me we must forget about the SU-35.
Bro..General Mckenzi is the ex-commander of CENTCOM.. he made that speech just one week before retiring..

Last edited:
Bro.General Mckenzi is the ex-commander of CENTCOM.. he made that speech just one week before retiring..
But still he will not say with certainty. He would say "maybe we will supply them the F-15". Plus it takes too long to get them" means either the negotation during and after SU-35 or either because we asked them since Sadat.

That's what I've been saying since the day McKenzie made the announcement and it was all over Twitter. I said the Su-35 is out without a doubt.

1653608240266.png

:D
1653608515309.png

Still, there are some major obstacles in the way - the first one is where the money will come from. Equally as important is the inclusion of the AIM-120 is a MUST! And that could also kill the deal.
F-16 upgrades? All this stuff they just bought? Plus losing the money they already paid Russia?
A lot needs to happen in Egypt's favor for the F-15 to happen alsol.

1653608578680.png

A very good deal for Egypt, equipment of the level and number is excellent, congratulations..

Since 1981, the old ones are working.. That is, forty years of service.. very reliable..

Last edited:
That's what I've been saying since the day McKenzie made the announcement and it was all over Twitter. I said the Su-35 is out without a doubt.

View attachment 848236
:D

Still, there are some major obstacles in the way - the first one is where the money will come from. Equally as important is the inclusion of the AIM-120 is a MUST! And that could also kill the deal.
F-16 upgrades? All this stuff they just bought? Plus losing the money they already paid Russia?
A lot needs to happen in Egypt's favor for the F-15 to happen alsol.
The stranger thing is that USA is keeping accepting a lot of deals. Fa akeed we already bought it. I remember the youtuber MILITARY SQUARES said that there is a lot of deals that Egypt still didn't get from USA due to delay.

The stranger thing is that USA is keeping accepting a lot of deals. Fa akeed we already bought it. I remember the youtuber MILITARY SQUARES said that there is a lot of deals that Egypt still didn't get from USA due to delay.

Remember in one of @sami_1 's great posts full of neat information when he mentioned that the EAF had vehemently rejected the F-15 from the US? Then there were other posts by other members who mentioned that the US didn't even mention the AIM-120 and that it was off the table completely!? That would suck beyond belief if they EVER accept that old bird without any AMRAAMs. The uncertainty is really profound lol.

But I do maintain agreement with you that McKenzie's saying what he said the way he said implied that it was a done deal. Passing the senate is a separate issue, of course, but they must have agreed on all the equipment with McKenzie since everything, including the weapons would need the senate's approval.
@Gomig-21 oh hell no, im tired of seeing that same lame orange colored scheme, I want some real camo on all our aircraft. Enough of that boring scheme 🙄

I know, bro lol. I will take a 20 lbs sledgehammer to my own forehead if they put those orange markings on them. Then I will kill myself if they accept them without AMRAAMs. That will be the end of the end or everything lmao.

Back
Top Bottom