What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

I heard the optics on the KA-52 suck compared to Western counterparts.

That's why they specifically requested the EOS-52 (or OES-52) electro optical system (and laser targeting) which was co-developed between Sagem and Kamov and is mostly French components. It has much improved optical sighting system than the Russian GOES-451 and is based on the French STRYX. That, the particular radar they requested in the Arbalet-52 Dual-band pulse radar are 2 of the custom requests by the EGY military. It's possible with the main Arbalet radar that they could also be ready to receive the Arbalet top rotor mounted radar which is the Russian Long Bow equivalent that Algeria has equipped its Mi-28's with.

Israel: The Egyptian army deceives the world and is 7 times more powerful and the

You have to admit that is some funny shhhhtuff, SC, because of the exaggeration factor. I'm sure there is serious deception of course, and Egypt isn't the only country to practice this with its military, but I'm guessing the actual strength is maybe 1-1/2 times greater, not 7 lmao. It would be literally impossible to hide an army the size it was in 2001 (which is when that coocoo Israeli article came out) and 7 times stronger which means at least 7 times more equipment of all types and 7 million men etc. Impossible. Those Israelis think the world is stupid or something lol. It's actually part of THEIR deception plan.

The other interesting part is the US' refusal to share information on the equipment it's providing to Egypt, really?. That might be possible because of the US' credibility as a weapons provider. The Egyptian army might have insisted on such a deal in return for other things and the US was forced to honor it.

And their concern about Egypt receiving the Harpoon blk 2 anti-ship missile is laughable. What about all the touting about the iron cone and the other super duper Israeli intercepting super mega herculean missiles? Actually Egypt is in a more vulnerable position because they even have greater numbers of the Harpoons and not only that, we have a much larger navy which makes us MUCH MORE susceptible! These people are really not that smart, I tell ya. Even I could come up with better ways to deceive allies. :-)

BTW, my emoji tool bar has disappeared again. Not sure what the heck is going on with this forum.

most dangerous Egyptian weapon is capable of destroying a city in 3 seconds

Not sure if they're trying to flatter us with this one or what? Or maybe exert pressure on the US? But the US is much smarter than us grunts so what is their motive in being this ridiculously silly?

Just to be clear, he mentions the specific weapon that would cause the destruction of a city in 3 seconds is the SCALP cruise missile. Egypt has 50 SCALPs according to SIPRI, yes? 2 per fighter and that's it, missiles are depleted unless they acquire more.

Let's say each missile can pretty much take out a 5-story building. So provided every single one gets through the enemy's ADS (which is impossible under any circumstances), you take out 50 buildings which is hardly a whole city and how is that possibly done in 3 seconds? I'm really curious in case I missed something.

Another exhibit of why loitering munitions are so useful.

Hope Egypt uses them a lot in the future.

It is a bit graphic so just a heads up

That's why they specifically requested the EOS-52 (or OES-52) electro optical system (and laser targeting) which was co-developed between Sagem and Kamov and is mostly French components. It has much improved optical sighting system than the Russian GOES-451 and is based on the French STRYX. That, the particular radar they requested in the Arbalet-52 Dual-band pulse radar are 2 of the custom requests by the EGY military. It's possible with the main Arbalet radar that they could also be ready to receive the Arbalet top rotor mounted radar which is the Russian Long Bow equivalent that Algeria has equipped its Mi-28's with.
That’s good to hear, I think it also used on the Tiger although it may be further developed. Going to see if I can find some footage to see how well it performs compared to American EO/IR systems for helicopters. I’ll post it here if I come across any.

Apparently the Strix is being replaced by the Euroflir 510 as well.

Last edited:
Another exhibit of why loitering munitions are so useful.

Hope Egypt uses them a lot in the future.

It is a bit graphic so just a heads up

Wow! This war has been a lot more brutal than most people are actually aware of. The number of lost lives on both sides, including the brutality of the crimes committed also from both sides are probably something that won't be recognized for a long time after the war is over.

You're right about loitering munitions which actually have been around for a while, just not as publicized as they've been because of this war. One thing our neighbor has had for a long time (one of the first with the Dililah) which is why you are 100% right, Egypt needs to have equal amounts of such a devastating weapon. It's lethality is compounded by the loitering factor, of course, since you can change or alter targets as you please.

That’s good to hear, I think it also used on the Tiger although it may be further developed. Going to see if I can find some footage to see how well it performs compared to American EO/IR systems for helicopters. I’ll post it here if I come across any.

Apparently the Strix is being replaced by the Euroflir 510 as well.

It's incredible how fast improvements are made to such systems. It'll be great if you can find footage of the EOS-52. I tried looking for some but was unsuccessful.

@The SC , check this out: Top 20 militaries in the world. Pakistan at #10 Egypt at #13 and other interesting positions.

Egypt needs at least 250-300 more fighter jets TBH.

t's incredible how fast improvements are made to such systems. It'll be great if you can find footage of the EOS-52. I tried looking for some but was unsuccessful.
IF its based on the Strix directly it should look something like this through the thermal imager so a big improvement over older systems especially the Shkval which only used a TV camera that Egypt never operated but was used much earlier during the KA-50 run.

Egypt needs at least 250-300 more fighter jets TBH.
And fighter drones as well.

And I agree, the SCALP is not a "city destroyer" of any kind especially in low numbers. It's not meant for that either though, and it is supposed to take out tactical targets

Egypt needs much more than 50 though.

Last edited:
IF its based on the Strix directly it should look something like this through the thermal imager so a big improvement over older systems especially the Shkval which only used a TV camera that Egypt never operated but was used much earlier during the KA-50 run.

Mmm....honestly, Phillip, I'm actually not impressed. I thought it was much better than that as far as resolution and clarity. The older Apaches have better imagery. Ugh.

And I agree, the SCALP is not a "city destroyer" of any kind especially in low numbers. It's not meant for that either though, and it is supposed to take out tactical targets

Yep. I wish we knew how many Kh-31s the EAF has, talk about a devastating weapon. That is a game changer for sure, not that the SCALP is any slouch, it certainly has its own deadly uses. But the explosive power of the Kh-31 is ridiculous. That's one of those missiles that causes the wing to deflect a couple of feet once relieved from its pylon lol.

And fighter drones as well.

I was just reading about this friggin thing the other day loool. While not a drone and actually a manned fighter, it's still wicked sick-looking. like a pterodactyl! The US is one sick puppy! :D Just miles and miles ahead of everyone else.

Bird of Prey!

1653541662244.png

1653541775423.png

Mmm....honestly, Phillip, I'm actually not impressed. I thought it was much better than that as far as resolution and clarity. The older Apaches have better imagery. Ugh.
There is another video with better quality on Youtube released by Rosbonexport its called KA-52K and it has a little more imagery and more details about the sight on there.

@Gomig-21 @The SC @Hydration @Philip the Arab I feel something very big between Egypt and Brazil. I think in less than a year Brazil delegations visited Egypt twice, if i recall correctly one in sep/oct 2021 and one this week. So there is something very BIGGGG that can be very fruitful. Ya3ni it is very strange to have two visits in one year sah wala la2. So i hope we can get the best out of Brazil. Like the youtuber who was there he said that Egypt talked about guided munitions (so logically cruise missile) with Brazil. I hope we will get Anti-ship missile to replace our obsolete P-15 that destroyed Eilat Destroyer. Maybe we can get that from Brazil UAE (HAS-250) and China with some ToT.

@Gomig-21 @The SC @Hydration @Philip the Arab I feel something very big between Egypt and Brazil. I think in less than a year Brazil delegations visited Egypt twice, if i recall correctly one in sep/oct 2021 and one this week. So there is something very BIGGGG that can be very fruitful. Ya3ni it is very strange to have two visits in one year sah wala la2. So i hope we can get the best out of Brazil. Like the youtuber who was there he said that Egypt talked about guided munitions (so logically cruise missile) with Brazil. I hope we will get Anti-ship missile to replace our obsolete P-15 that destroyed Eilat Destroyer. Maybe we can get that from Brazil UAE (HAS-250) and China with some ToT.
Today EDGE met with Brazil as well, there could be an opportunity for all these countries to collaborate with eachother to develop technolgies.

I agree though the HAS-250 would be quite useful to replace older ant ship missiles if it is good enough.

1653586385449.png

Last edited:
Today EDGE met with Brazil as well, there could be an opportunity for all these countries to collaborate with eachother to develop technolgies.

I agree though the HAS-250 would be quite useful to replace older ant ship missiles if it is good enough.

View attachment 848193
Good news. Maybe there is JV between Brazil Egypt and UAE. You have a news about ALAS missile because UAE and Serbia decided to cooperate with each other till this day nor EDGE showcased or Serbia mass produced it (I think because there is a serbian guy told me that there is a big chance that Serbia stopped the project). ALAS missile is very ambitious project and has a lot of potential to be like Spike ATGM.

Good news. Maybe there is JV between Brazil Egypt and UAE. You have a news about ALAS missile because UAE and Serbia decided to cooperate with each other till this day nor EDGE showcased or Serbia mass produced it (I think because there is a serbian guy told me that there is a big chance that Serbia stopped the project). ALAS missile is very ambitious project and has a lot of potential to be like Spike ATGM.
Don't think UAE is focusing on the ALAS anymore, but I think Serbia is still working on it.

Also, check out this idea of using a Desert Sting on a rocket motor

Don't think UAE is focusing on the ALAS anymore, but I think Serbia is still working on it.

Also, check out this idea of using a Desert Sting on a rocket motor

I mean there is a video where the Serbian army uses the Nimr vehicle. There is rumors that UAE put 300million$ on the table for cooperation of ALAS missile.

Why would UAE funds and interests on something that she wouldn't continue after.

What is the weapon mounted on this IFV/APC? (min: 1:24). Is it M2 Browning ?

Last edited:

@Gomig-21 I am 100% sure you will be angry about this deal hahaha. It seems like it was an old deal maybe before the revolutions etc... Don't tell me in a space of one week, Egypt signed two deal approximtely 3,300 billions $ on something that we already had like the TOW 2A missiles and those Chinooks helis.
What we are gonna do for the F-15 deal hahahaha

@Gomig-21 I am 100% sure you will be angry about this deal hahaha. It seems like it was an old deal maybe before the revolutions etc... Don't tell me in a space of one week, Egypt signed two deal approximtely 3,300 billions $ on something that we already had like the TOW 2A missiles and those Chinooks helis.
What we are gonna do for the F-15 deal hahahaha

Well, yeah man hahaha you know me well, now. I certainly don't mind the choice and hope the whole current fleet of 19 Cs & Ds get all upgraded to the D model. They've needed more of these terrific transport helos for all the growing army and expansion that is happening. My problem is of course the cost. Each one of these Ds is about $32 million a piece which times by 23 comes up under $750 million. I understand of course that this package comes with training, associated equipment and technical support which still doesn't add up to another $1.6+ billion!? It's absolutely crazy. Oh, let's not forget the 5000 TOW-2A for another $700 million.

They've also signed the deal for the new 12 C-130Js for another $2.2 billion. And didn't they also request the refurbishing of the 43 EAF Apaches for another $2.3 billion (without the Long Bow)? It's crazy. So you have all this:

1) $2.3 billion for the Apaches refurbishing (2020)
2) $2.2 billion for the 12 C-130Js (Jan. 2022)
3) $2.6 billion for 23 CH-47D Chinooks (2022)
5) $700 million for 5000 TOW-2A (2022)
Total is almost $8 billion.

That's a lot to take out of an annual allowance of $1.3 billion and like you said, what does that do to the possible F-15 deal? How would they structure them under the Peace Vector Military Aid when they've already committed so much out of it that will take a decade or more to pay off.

It would seem like maybe the EAF told the US they weren't interested in the F-15 at all and will pursue the Su-35 but in return, they'll purchase all this other stuff, from the C-130s, to these Chinooks and TOWs etc.? We shall see, but the Chinooks and the C-130s are great choices, only super expensive.

Back
Top Bottom