What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

It can’t intercept top attack missiles, or at least it’s not proven to.

Indeed. Almost all the crap that comes out of there is overhyped to the max.
If Egypt was to adopt an APS system until it can develop its own, I would like to see them bring in the GL5 if they can. GL5 is a terrific APS system (better than the Arena since it guards 360 degrees while the Arena doesn't guard the rear of the tank/vehicle) and really only use it with the tanks they're deploying in Sinai against the cretins and maybe a certain number of tanks & IFVs they would deploy on the frontline of let's say the Rapid Deployment Armored Forces. Frontline armor are usually the ones that have to face the bulk of the enemy's ATGM attacks.

@Gomig-21 @Ghostkiller
There was a concept for an ATGM with a cross section as big as a 12.7mm bullet that is very interesting. The APS radar theoretically wouldn’t know it’s a missile.

1653158494220.png

I thought I saw or read about this a little while back. 1.2 m long is pretty small. Very cool.

There are at least 4 different ways to defeat an APS, the trick is to master the least expensive method.

Indeed. Almost all the crap that comes out of there is overhyped to the max.
If Egypt was to adopt an APS system until it can develop its own, I would like to see them bring in the GL5 if they can. GL5 is a terrific APS system (better than the Arena since it guards 360 degrees while the Arena doesn't guard the rear of the tank/vehicle) and really only use it with the tanks they're deploying in Sinai against the cretins and maybe a certain number of tanks & IFVs they would deploy on the frontline of let's say the Rapid Deployment Armored Forces. Frontline armor are usually the ones that have to face the bulk of the enemy's ATGM attacks.

I thought I saw or read about this a little while back. 1.2 m long is pretty small. Very cool.

There are at least 4 different ways to defeat an APS, the trick is to master the least expensive method.
I am happy with cooperation with UAE Saudi Arabia etc... but the most important thing we must rely on ourselves. In time of war, the dependency of foreign/allied countries will be a major factor of winning or loosing the war.

I am happy with cooperation with UAE Saudi Arabia etc... but the most important thing we must rely on ourselves. In time of war, the dependency of foreign/allied countries will be a major factor of winning or loosing the war.
Well tbf that’s not automatically true, if Ukraine had no help they would have been defeated by now or at least pushed back far further.

Well tbf that’s not automatically true, if Ukraine had no help they would have been defeated by now or at least pushed back far further.
Yes ofc, but Ukraine had already inherited the defense industry of Soviet Union.
But what I meant was that we must have a lit of independance from allied and foreign countries. For example, we can't just rely of France Russia to have cruise missile. In the time of war we don't know if they will help us. Second UAE with Ethiopia when they really know that Nile is a red line for Egypt but still helped the enemy so he can stay in power. I don't consider UAE as enemy at all but as allied country.

Yes ofc, but Ukraine had already inherited the defense industry of Soviet Union.
But what I meant was that we must have a lit of independance from allied and foreign countries. For example, we can't just rely of France Russia to have cruise missile. In the time of war we don't know if they will help us. Second UAE with Ethiopia when they really know that Nile is a red line for Egypt but still helped the enemy so he can stay in power. I don't consider UAE as enemy at all but as allied country.
Bro..there are at least 5 nations willing to transfer their cruise missiles and othe pretty sophisticated weaponry tech to Egypt.. the French and Russian ones are for immediate use..just in case.. but you better believe that Egypt is working on its own cruise missiles as much as its BM arsenal now a days,,

The UAE had to play the good cop.. it is how politics work today..

Bro..there are at least 5 nations willing to transfer their cruise missiles and othe pretty sophisticated weaponry tech to Egypt.. the French and Russian ones are for immediate use..just in case.. but you better believe that Egypt is working on its own cruise missiles as much as its BM arsenal now a days,,
These are speculation about the ToT. Let's hope for the best.

How about a pic? Apparently after a rocky start and a few shot down, the Ka-52s for the RuAF in Ukraine have been performing very well. Ever since they realized the primary threat of MANPADs and the way to counter that, they've started flying low and fast as well as performing combined arms support which is really what that attack helo was originally designed to do. A good sign and lesson for the EAF/Army to head and take notice of, which I'm sure they are.

1653268408730.png

But Egypt doesn't do a lot of Navy exercices with France USA Greece etc...

It does with Greece. You remember all their helicopters landing on the Mistrals and doing combined maritime forces exercises. Greece and Egypt probably participate with each other the most.

It hardly does any exercise with Tunisia which I found rather interesting., but nice to also see Algeria in there with their incredible navy.

It does with Greece. You remember all their helicopters landing on the Mistrals and doing combined maritime forces exercises. Greece and Egypt probably participate with each other the most.

It hardly does any exercise with Tunisia which I found rather interesting., but nice to also see Algeria in there with their incredible navy.
It does with France.. big ones..covering the Mediterranean and the red sea.. just recently.. remember that French AC..!?

News about an agreement between Egypt and the South Korean company Samsung to modernize and develop shipyards in Alexandria and Suez..

1653354490785.png

It was reported that an agreement had been signed between Egypt and the South Korean company Samsung, the Ships Branch, to modernize and develop shipyards in Alexandria and Suez in partnership with the private sector.

The agreement includes the transfer of technology and the establishment of a national industry serving the military and civil sectors.

New basins will also be built for the manufacture of large volumes with greater displacement and greater draught.

An agreement that will lead to a giant boom in the field of marine industries, civil and military shipbuilding, in addition to maintenance and repair services.

Great closeness in relationships

The past few years witnessed the development of Egyptian-South Korean relations significantly in various fields, especially in the field of defense. The Egyptian army concluded an agreement worth $1.66 billion with the South Korean “Hanwha” Defense and Military Industries Corporation, to purchase K9 Thunder artillery weapons in addition to manufacturing them locally.

There is also news that the Egyptian army has contracted the South Korean K2 Black Panther main battle tank, with the transfer of its technology for local production.

On the sidelines of the EDEX2021 exhibition, Egypt announced negotiations with South Korea to participate in the production of the K2 Black Panther main battle tank with the transfer of manufacturing technology.

12 March 2019

SCA looks to partner with Samsung or Daewoo on new shipyard in East Port Said​

https://enterprise.press/stories/20...-or-daewoo-on-new-shipyard-in-east-port-said/

comprehensive strategic partnership

Last edited:
The Italian company Leonardo conducts pre-delivery trials of the AW149 helicopter of the Egyptian Air Force..

1653356473218.png

The Italian company Leonardo has conducted pre-delivery trials of the AW149 helicopter of the Egyptian Air Force in desert camouflage.

The Egyptian Air Force AW149 helicopter is fitted with the Leonardo GABBIANO nose-mounted nose-mounted surveillance radar for ISR and SAR missions, which are acronyms for Surveillance and Reconnaissance/Search and Rescue missions.

It is reported that during the last day of EDEX, the Italian company Leonardo signed a new deal for the delivery of eight (or more) AW149 multirole military helicopters to the Egyptian Air Force.
It is noteworthy that the Egyptian Air Force had contracted 24 multi-mission helicopters of the same model, along with 8 AW-189 search and rescue helicopters, and part of the deal was delivered.

The Egyptian AW149 helicopters will be equipped with only 8 seats (it can reach 18 seats), which means that they will carry out specialized military missions that require them to be equipped with specially equipped equipment.

Back
Top Bottom