What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

I think that we're looking at it from a compatibility aspect as well as the possibility of the potential AMRAAM being included. The benefits of the F-15 seem to outweigh those of the Su-35 because of the number of western platforms as well as weapons integration.

If the US doesn't approve the missiles, then there certainly wouldn't be any choice but to go with the Su-35SE and pile up on as many Rafales as possible to strengthen the western fleet.

Despite only having the AIM-9 Sparrow as the main BVR missile for the F-16s, the EAF has maximized that platform's use and has made great adjustments with alternate platforms that it could still be just fine.

I think we're trying to make sense of what might just be the inevitable.

lmao. Doesn't sound very tank destructive. :D
From Belarus with love: Are two enough?
Shershen-D *(Equivalent of the Ukrainian Skif.. with some additions)

1653094419326.png

From Belarus with love: Are two enough?
Shershen-D *(Equivalent of the Ukrainian Skif.. with some additions)

View attachment 845956

Might be more effective against tanks with APS, if there's a slight delay between the 1st and 2nd missile. Much more useful than the silly double barreled AR the Israelis came up with. Super heavy and practically useless shooting 2 bullets at once.

It's a royal shame the Russians destroyed the only two surviving An-225s. When I first saw them in their hangers pretty much completely destroyed (I highly doubt they could be restored), I was literally devastated. Very sad to see the only two largest aircraft in the world get recklessly destroyed like that. Also weird how the Ukrainians didn't move them to the western part of the country to protect them? I find that also very bizarre since they had quite the long warning that an invasion was coming and naturally the Russians would use their long range artillery as well as huge bombing capabilities.
Well its several factors. The President of Ukraine himself didn't believe the Russians would actually invade. Didn't even call for mobilization long after so many were not equipped or out of position. Also some Ukrainians turned traitor for example allowing the Russians to take Kherson with no resistance. Also in this story I believe the ones responsible over the plane intentionally left it there to be captured or destroyed by the Russians.

Yeah but I was more thinking of 2 to 4 missiles on the tripod at the same time. So that way don't have to reload after each shot.

Might be more effective against tanks with APS, if there's a slight delay between the 1st and 2nd missile. Much more useful than the silly double barreled AR the Israelis came up with. Super heavy and practically useless shooting 2 bullets at once.
For Advanced APS like the Usraeli Trophy ..you need a combination of "normal" ATGMs first to deplete the APS from its munition and then top attack ATGMs to finish it off.. So you need at least 3 ATGMs per tank.. Egypt has enough "normal" ATGMs..but it needs at least 10 000 top attack ones ..Since Usrael has approximately 5 000 tanks..

Well its several factors. The President of Ukraine himself didn't believe the Russians would actually invade. Didn't even call for mobilization long after so many were not equipped or out of position. Also some Ukrainians turned traitor for example allowing the Russians to take Kherson with no resistance. Also in this story I believe the ones responsible over the plane intentionally left it there to be captured or destroyed by the Russians.

Yeah but I was more thinking of 2 to 4 missiles on the tripod at the same time. So that way don't have to reload after each shot.
Two are possible on tripods.. Belarus makes that.. but four is too much to carry.. you need more personnel.. so they made it with Turkey on vehicles..

There is this concept from Belarus.. it seems OK..

1653096239912.png

Last edited:
Two are possible on tripods.. Belarus makes that.. but four is too much to carry.. you need more personnel.. so they made it with Turkey on vehicles..
Ukrainians when they can or have, have shown to be equipped with anti tank missiles on each person. They can at least prepared an hidden ambush spot with a car carrying the equipment and set it up somewhere if possible. Or just setting up a guard post.

Also in this story I believe the ones responsible over the plane intentionally left it there to be captured or destroyed by the Russians.

You don't really believe that, do you? :-) I've watched several programs on those aircraft and the crews, from the pilots all the way down to the cargo loaders loved those things and babied them to no end. Hard to believe they would just traitor out on them.

Last edited:
You don't really believe that, do you? :-) I've watched several programs on those aircraft and the crews, from the pilots all the way down to the cargo loaders loved those things and babied them to no end. Hard to believe they would just traitor out on them.
Remember when the Russian SOF stormed that very important airport near Kiev in the begining of this special operation!.. they didn't harm those planes.. but when they faced a huge resistance on the battle ground in the same airport.. the Russian air force had to intervene and bomb the whole airport and its runways.. that is where those superb Antonovs were hit too.. it was not made on purpose but by obligation to get the Russian troops out of there safely..

I came across satellite imagery showing the supposedly “El Alamein International Airport” being expanded with another runway added (parallel to the first), as well as having the apron multiplying in size (a singled out apron is WIP in the eastern side of the airfield) and 6 aircraft shelters under construction.

January 2022:
31BF93EA-2187-4B02-82C1-CAD86584E9F7.jpeg

May 2022:
65479E24-51AE-4A49-9CE9-2A060BF8D546.jpeg

That’s one airstrip being transformed into a multi squadron base within about a year...

Any ideas for ToT from Brazil. @The SC you are master to find infos and making threads about our army. If you free can you do a new one for Brazil like you did with Serbia and Belarussia?

Any ideas for ToT from Brazil. @The SC you are master to find infos and making threads about our army. If you free can you do a new one for Brazil like you did with Serbia and Belarussia?
Sure I'll try my best..

Let's taste it with this one:

The Brazilian cruise missile, the MTC-300 or Matador, with 300 km of range and accuracy in the 50-meter scale: Air.. Land and Sea variants..

1653156430764.png

The MTC-300 missile is designed to destroy strategic targets at medium range with great
accuracy and reduced collateral damage The missiles use solid-fuel rockets for launching, and a turbojet during the subsonic cruise flight..

The AVTM-300 is designed to be launched from Avibras' Astros II Mk6 systems (aka Astros 2020). A single Astros rocket launcher can carry and launch two missiles.

1653157481705.png

It is projected to be a less expensive alternative to the American Tomahawk (missile). The missile is equipped with a central computer that combines a Ring laser gyroscope, connected to an active GPS navigation device that uninterruptedly supplies positioning information for course correction. Apparently there also will be a naval version called X-300. The missile can use a single warhead of 200 kg of high explosive or cluster munition warhead with 64 submunitions for anti-personnel or anti-tank targets.

1653157298428.png

The MICLA-BR development was confirmed on September 2019 by the Brazilian Air Force. The variant will have a declared operational range of up to 300 km.

1653157101140.png

CategoryData
Length5.4 m
Weight1,140 kg
Payload200 kg
Range300 km
SpeedMach 0.85 (900 km/h)
PropulsionPolaris TJ1000 Turbojet
GuidanceGPS, inertial, laser gyroscope
Unit Cost$800,000

Last edited:
For Advanced APS like the Usraeli Trophy ..you need a combination of "normal" ATGMs first to deplete the APS from its munition and then top attack ATGMs to finish it off.. So you need at least 3 ATGMs per tank.. Egypt has enough "normal" ATGMs..but it needs at least 10 000 top attack ones ..Since Usrael has approximately 5 000 tanks..
It can’t intercept top attack missiles, or at least it’s not proven to.

@Gomig-21 @Ghostkiller
There was a concept for an ATGM with a cross section as big as a 12.7mm bullet that is very interesting. The APS radar theoretically wouldn’t know it’s a missile.

1653158494220.png

I wonder if EDGE will further develop this concept from Denel.

Oh, and I think EDGE will develop more air defense missiles according to their CEO

“And there is more to follow, Edge CEO Faisal Al Bannai tells Aviation Week. He says his company will develop additional missile products, particularly for air defense.”

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom