What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Nice oldie of an EAF Mirage 5SDR screaming by.

1652925743665.png

That delta camo they painted those Mirages in was very cool, but ruined by the orange swaths unfortunately. It did look interesting on the veritable EAF MiG-21 MF, though. This one looks like it just came out of the paint room.
I’ve looked here and there for as much photos I can find but never came across this one, may I know your source?
Mirage Vs with the identification marks look great IMO. At least before having the Horus upgrade and getting this shitty yellow/black camouflage...

I just hope that Egypt buys more fire and forget missiles like MMP HJ-12 or others or even reverse engineer some weapons like Iran did with Spike ATGM. Idk why Egypt isn't reverse engineering weapons. That's make me go nuts. El howa a7a begad. Ya3ni China reverse engineered all of his weapons and the iranian industry is based on too. Why can we?

Idk what Pakistan would offer to Egypt maybe cruise missile etc.. Any idea?

Last edited:

I just hope that Egypt buys more fire and forget missiles like MMP HJ-12 or others or even reverse engineer some weapons like Iran did with Spike ATGM. Idk why Egypt isn't reverse engineering weapons. That's make me go nuts. El howa a7a begad. Ya3ni China reverse engineered all of his weapons and the iranian industry is based on too. Why can we?

Idk what Pakistan would offer to Egypt maybe cruise missile etc.. Any idea?
I agree F&F missiles are very superior to the current last generation of missiles.

Reverse engineering is not something taken lightly and can cause countries to refuse to deal with you again in defense matters.

China has a very large economy that is hard to sanction and Iran is already a pariah state so they can do as they wish without worrying what others will do.

Pakistan does have some cruise missiles, but not sure if this means Egypt will purchase them. AFAIK they don’t have a ship launched dedicated LACM yet.

I agree F&F missiles are very superior to the current last generation of missiles.

Reverse engineering is not something taken lightly and can cause countries to refuse to deal with you again in defense matters.

China has a very large economy that is hard to sanction and Iran is already a pariah state so they can do as they wish without worrying what others will do.

Pakistan does have some cruise missiles, but not sure if this means Egypt will purchase them. AFAIK they don’t have a ship launched dedicated LACM yet.
Imagine combining Ukrainian Stugna P with remote control screen with a tripod that can carry 2-4 missiles and has 10km range guided by laser or optical guided with optional Javelin guidance fire and forget capability and top attack or direct.

Anyways is the TOWs the Egyptians buying the wireless version?
ukrainian-new-stugna-p-anti-tank-guided-missile-gets-direct-hit-on-pro-russia-separatists.jpg

Imagine combining Ukrainian Stugna P with remote control screen with a tripod that can carry 2-4 missiles and has 10km range guided by laser or optical guided with optional Javelin guidance fire and forget capability and top attack or direct.

ukrainian-new-stugna-p-anti-tank-guided-missile-gets-direct-hit-on-pro-russia-separatists.jpg
It’s Tow RF so yeah it has no wires.

I like your idea but it would be very heavy.

Does anyone have more pictures of this BAE Caiman version with what looks like an IED jammer?
View attachment 844917
View attachment 844918
View attachment 844919

If it really is an IED Jammer, it didn't seem to do its job very well in this instance. Not sure it if should be at the head of the column to be effective instead of 2nd in line. Although another inexplainable is why didn't the front MRAP trigger the IED.

1653006741877.png

1653006759408.png

Leading the column in this case.

1653006723026.png

It was also present in the one column where the M60A3 tank driver saw the suicide car approaching and then ran over it. Although after the car was crushed and most people were able to get to a safe distance, the car bomb did go off. Makes one wonder a little as to the efficacy of this thing. Although we don't really know how many times it has been successful, either.

EAF Rafale pilot with the 34th Wild Wolves Flock squadron.

1653007397356.png

@The SC @Philip the Arab , that flying object almost looks exactly like one of these surface to sea rockets.

1653010722632.png

I’ve looked here and there for as much photos I can find but never came across this one, may I know your source?
Mirage Vs with the identification marks look great IMO. At least before having the Horus upgrade and getting this shitty yellow/black camouflage...

I just happen to stumble on it looking for something else I forget. But just try googling "Egyptian Mirage 5D" or similar and you might get it. Belongs on a 1 page forum of model collectors, I believe.

Speaking of models, they always seem to have rare pics on their boxes, just like this one! What a beauty.

1653012614438.png

Hard to tell since the tweet doesn't specify it and at least I can't enlarge the attached detailed sheet. Knowing the TOW 2A comes in both, wireless and wire-guided, the former being a bit more advanced would be ultimately preferred over the latter. Let's hope that's the one the ordered.

But the other main question is that it seems like misguided funds, no pun intended. Since the Egyptian armed forces have a plethora of ATGMs of all types, they could use an infantry/soldier kit all around upgrade that seems much more important than upgrading their current and huge inventory of almost 1.400 TOW BGM-71D, that are even locally made. Almost $700 million!? So this purchase is a bit weird IMO. But then again, I'm always the pessimist which gets me in trouble with the fellas lol.

Last edited:
If it really is an IED Jammer, it didn't seem to do its job very well in this instance. Not sure it if should be at the head of the column to be effective instead of 2nd in line. Although another inexplainable is why didn't the front MRAP trigger the IED.

View attachment 845566

View attachment 845567

Leading the column in this case.

View attachment 845565

It was also present in the one column where the M60A3 tank driver saw the suicide car approaching and then ran over it. Although after the car was crushed and most people were able to get to a safe distance, the car bomb did go off. Makes one wonder a little as to the efficacy of this thing. Although we don't really know how many times it has been successful, either.

EAF Rafale pilot with the 34th Wild Wolves Flock squadron.

View attachment 845571

@The SC @Philip the Arab , that flying object almost looks exactly like one of these surface to sea rockets.

View attachment 845576

I just happen to stumble on it looking for something else I forget. But just try googling "Egyptian Mirage 5D" or similar and you might get it. Belongs on a 1 page forum of model collectors, I believe.

Speaking of models, they always seem to have rare pics on their boxes, just like this one! What a beauty.

View attachment 845581

Hard to tell since the tweet doesn't specify it and at least I can't enlarge the attached detailed sheet. Knowing the TOW 2A comes in both, wireless and wire-guided, the former being a bit more advanced would be ultimately preferred over the former. Let's hope that's the one the ordered.

But the other main question is that it seems like misguided funds, no pun intended. Since the Egyptian armed forces have a plethora of ATGMs of all types, they could use an infantry/soldier kit all around upgrade that seems much more important that upgrading their current and huge inventory of almost 1.400 TOW BGM-71D, and are locally made. So this purchase is a bit weird IMO. But then again, I'm always the pessimist which gets me in trouble with the fellas lol.
Philip the Arab mentioned it was Radio Frequency missile type so its wireless. Maybe they were inspired by the war in Ukraine. Funny enough the Ukrainians are using the Stugna P that was meant for an Arab country. Not sure who, some say Egypt, others said Iraq...could be Egypt was suppose to get those missiles but the Ukrainians had to use those for their own. Maybe 1400 missiles is not enough.

Hmmm, maybe they were adapted to a land attack role.

Either way they should be phased out of service ASAP and replaced with a modern coastal anti ship missile.

Awesome. I tried enlarging that to read the details but it wouldn't let me.

$671 million LMAO! Honestly, what a ripoff! US is trying to stick it to Egypt for all the years of freebees and then going off and buying billions of $ worth of Russian stuff from the SAMs to MiG-29s to Ka-52. This is good ol' American revenge loool, bastards. :D Not to mention Egypt already has TOWs in huge amounts (and they assemble them in Egypt) as well as huge amounts of other types of ATGMs. This is almost a worthless deal where the money could've been spent on much more urgent needs.

Although this could be the wheelin' & dealin' before the big F-15 and AMRAAM deal, never know.

But this deal is almost as horrible as the Apache refurbishing for $2.4 billion!!! We bought 2 squadrons of Rafales for that amount of money and what does that get you with the US? A refurbishing of your 46 Apache helicopters and not even including the Long Bow radar LMFAO!!!! That's probably the WORST deal ever.

Philip the Arab mentioned it was Radio Frequency missile type so its wireless. Maybe they were inspired by the war in Ukraine. Funny enough the Ukrainians are using the Stugna P that was meant for an Arab country. Not sure who, some say Egypt, others said Iraq...could be Egypt was suppose to get those missiles but the Ukrainians had to use those for their own. Maybe 1400 missiles is not enough.

There was something mentioned somewhere I can't remember exactly because of old age lol and also because so much is happening so quickly with the Egyptian Armed Forces it's almost impossible to remember all the details of each interest in certain equipment or tender agreements signed or even actual contracts. But the Ukrainian Stugna sounds very familiar for some reason. SC is the king of knowledge when it comes to these deals.

@The SC , do you recall any contract for the Stugna?

May 19th, Pakistan Navy Chief Admiral Muhammad Amjad Niazi in an official visit to Egypt met with the Egyptian Naval Commander Lieutenant General Ahmad Khaled Hassan to discuss naval cooperation and regional maritime security. The Pakistani delegation were given a tour of the Bernees FREMM frigate.

1653021041992.png

1653021057420.png

1653021099960.png

1653020992982.png

1653020829134.png

Last edited:
There was something mentioned somewhere I can't remember exactly because of old age lol and also because so much is happening so quickly with the Egyptian Armed Forces it's almost impossible to remember all the details of each interest in certain equipment or tender agreements signed or even actual contracts. But the Ukrainian Stugna sounds very familiar for some reason. SC is the king of knowledge when it comes to these deals.

@The SC , do you recall any contract for the Stugna?
Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Qatar, Algeria and Morocco..all operate the Stugna-P also called Skif..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom