What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Check out this Ka-52 Katran on the Ukrainian border, suffering from a severe case of the "shakes!" Never seen anything like that. Some type of vibration phenomenon, most likely resulting from an imbalance of some sort in the two sets of rotors. Could also be a bent rod in the spinning mechanism holding the rotors.

Check out this Ka-52 Katran on the Ukrainian border, suffering from a severe case of the "shakes!" Never seen anything like that. Some type of vibration phenomenon, most likely resulting from an imbalance of some sort in the two sets of rotors. Could also be a bent rod in the spinning mechanism holding the rotors.

I think every helicopter will have some technical malfunction. I hardly saw a KA-52 being in technical issue situation. I mean if you bought AH-64 Apaches it would shot down like the KA-52

The first of 4 MEKOs A200 frigates ENS Al-Aziz (904) off on sea trials which means it should be delivered within a month or so.

I still have no idea what the charred and soot-like remnants are on the side of the center hull right at the water line. It's on both sides of the ship. Must be some opening hatch that allows either a torpedo or missile to be fired out of and its rocket booster leaves the soot imprint. Anyone know? You can see it clear as day in most of these pics.

1652800755230.png

On this side it almost looks like an exhaust outlet.

1652801054349.png

1652801105362.png

1652801148591.png

Does anyone have more pictures of this BAE Caiman version with what looks like an IED jammer?
Caiman (4).png

Ca.png

Caiman (5).png

But what kind of a munition drops another munition? That's why I'm thinking it must be some type of UCAV.

Then why didn't they do that to the MiGs? I think the Russian aircraft get minimal colors, while all western aircraft are made to add not only insignias, but other markings like the Tahya Misr.

I remember someone mentioning earlier in this thread that the Rafales didn't get the usual orange swaths treatment but were forced to add the gaudy Tahya Misr. It's so Falahy typical lmao! :D

Funny because speaking of the MiGs, when they were in Russia and painted in the desert camo scheme, they did add the roundel to the front fuselage.

View attachment 844725

But once they changed the camo and delivered them to Egypt, they eliminated the roundel, why? Look how nice that looks and how bland it is without it.

View attachment 844726
I'm talking just about the dropped munition..the delivery can be any aireal fighting vehicle, UCAV, fighter plane or even a helicopter..

I guess because over the sea you don't want to be too visible as over the desert.. the two cammos are nice though..

Last edited:
Lol I peeped a message made by suryiak and I was thinking that all along, syria and Iraq should merge into one state if they want any chance of rebuilding, sad reality is that turkey and Iran will do their best to make sure it doesn't happen, along other states, and thats not even taking into account the ethnic and religious tensions in the region

Lol I peeped a message made by suryiak and I was thinking that all along, syria and Iraq should merge into one state if they want any chance of rebuilding, sad reality is that turkey and Iran will do their best to make sure it doesn't happen, along other states, and thats not even taking into account the ethnic and religious tensions in the region
Unity means more civil war and sectarian war because different religion "sects" will have more militias --> war. The best thing is to constitute a gov made of different sects. I believe Syria is less sectarian than Iraq.

I think every helicopter will have some technical malfunction. I hardly saw a KA-52 being in technical issue situation. I mean if you bought AH-64 Apaches it would shot down like the KA-52

Ghostkiller, I don't understand what any of the things you wrote have anything to do with the tweet I posted, sorry. Not sure what you were getting at? I get the impression you assumed I posted it to make the Ka-52 look bad? If that was your thought, that is not even close to my intentions. I hope that's not what you thought.

I posted it because I thought it was fascinating to see such a malfunction that I -- and probably everyone on here -- had never seen before. An attack helo vibrating like that is very strange and it does also happen to be the Ka-52 but it's the Katran naval version which has some differences from the attack version that Egypt has. One of the main differences is the folding rotors but it also has folding wings, which could've also contributed to such a malfunction. The point is we always like to discuss these technical issues, regardless if they are bad ones or good ones, or if they belong to Russian, French, German or American.

@The SC also posted this pic below of a Katran way back in this thread that had shot through its own fuselage with its main 30 mm gun. That was no knock on the aircraft. Instead it was a point being made that Kamov needed to fix that problem with the gun turning too far into the fuselage with a stop bracket or something to prevent that from happening again, and especially before they started building the 50 helicopters for Egypt.

1652832522883.png

So it's only constructive criticism, which I have always done. I never look only at the positive things and ignore the drawbacks since that won't complete one's understanding of all aspects of any platform.

I'm talking just about the dropped munition..the delivery can be any aireal fighting vehicle, UCAV, fighter plane or even a helicopter..

LOL, bruh! The whole discussion was specifically referring to the mysterious object flying over right before the explosion and what it could be. Did you miss that? Take a look again, see what you think.

I guess because over the sea you don't want to be too visible as over the desert.. the two cammos are nice though..

Indeed, totally agree.

Let's hope the US tries to manipulate Egypt into taking a half-*** F-15 and attempt a strong hand so we can see Sisi and the EAF show some oomf and tell the US to kick rocks, then go with the Su-35SE with the huge compliment of weapons despite the IRBIS-E radar. Hopefully they can make Sukhoi change the damn thing to the
N036-1-01 X-band AESA radar that's going in the Su-57. At the moment they actually have 4 production Su-57s on top of the 10 prototypes. So production is somewhat getting going which means the radar is ready and should be interchangeable with the Su-35SE. Then we should be able to think that despite how great SPECTRA and jamming systems are in the Rafale, an AESA radar will be much more difficult to jam than the PESA IRBIS-E. A much better option for the EAF.

But I'm telling you, Russia also plays an absolute hand to the Jews with regards to weapons. Guaranteed why we haven't seen the R-27 and we might never see the R-77-1, or the K-77 let alone the R37! Something tells me they're going to hold back on those munitions because of the Jews crying about them.

Even with the Rafales; despite rumors of the Meteor being included in the last contract of the 30 fighters, I bet you France will not allow that missile. Just like Russia, they will only go so far.

Also, did you know that despite the CISMOA being signed, it hasn't actually been activated? In other words, it hasn't been implemented or put into law or treaty between the two nations. I bet you this is intentional on the part of the US to avert having to be compliant with the terms that would work against it, such as providing advanced weapons! What a sick world where all these games are being played and who ends up with the shaft at the end?

Ghostkiller, I don't understand what any of the things you wrote have anything to do with the tweet I posted, sorry. Not sure what you were getting at? I get the impression you assumed I posted it to make the Ka-52 look bad? If that was your thought, that is not even close to my intentions. I hope that's not what you thought.

I posted it because I thought it was fascinating to see such a malfunction that I -- and probably everyone on here -- had never seen before. An attack helo vibrating like that is very strange and it does also happen to be the Ka-52 but it's the Katran naval version which has some differences from the attack version that Egypt has. One of the main differences is the folding rotors but it also has folding wings, which could've also contributed to such a malfunction. The point is we always like to discuss these technical issues, regardless if they are bad ones or good ones, or if they belong to Russian, French, German or American.

@The SC also posted this pic below of a Katran way back in this thread that had shot through its own fuselage with its main 30 mm gun. That was no knock on the aircraft. Instead it was a point being made that Kamov needed to fix that problem with the gun turning too far into the fuselage with a stop bracket or something to prevent that from happening again, and especially before they started building the 50 helicopters for Egypt.

View attachment 845003

So it's only constructive criticism, which I have always done. I never look only at the positive things and ignore the drawbacks since that won't complete one's understanding of all aspects of any platform.

LOL, bruh! The whole discussion was specifically referring to the mysterious object flying over right before the explosion and what it could be. Did you miss that? Take a look again, see what you think.

Indeed, totally agree.

Let's hope the US tries to manipulate Egypt into taking a half-*** F-15 and attempt a strong hand so we can see Sisi and the EAF show some oomf and tell the US to kick rocks, then go with the Su-35SE with the huge compliment of weapons despite the IRBIS-E radar. Hopefully they can make Sukhoi change the damn thing to the
N036-1-01 X-band AESA radar that's going in the Su-57. At the moment they actually have 4 production Su-57s on top of the 10 prototypes. So production is somewhat getting going which means the radar is ready and should be interchangeable with the Su-35SE. Then we should be able to think that despite how great SPECTRA and jamming systems are in the Rafale, an AESA radar will be much more difficult to jam than the PESA IRBIS-E. A much better option for the EAF.

But I'm telling you, Russia also plays an absolute hand to the Jews with regards to weapons. Guaranteed why we haven't seen the R-27 and we might never see the R-77-1, or the K-77 let alone the R37! Something tells me they're going to hold back on those munitions because of the Jews crying about them.

Even with the Rafales; despite rumors of the Meteor being included in the last contract of the 30 fighters, I bet you France will not allow that missile. Just like Russia, they will only go so far.

Also, did you know that despite the CISMOA being signed, it hasn't actually been activated? In other words, it hasn't been implemented or put into law or treaty between the two nations. I bet you this is intentional on the part of the US to avert having to be compliant with the terms that would work against it, such as providing advanced weapons! What a sick world where all these games are being played and who ends up with the shaft at the end?
Thats honestly a tall order if you ask me. The sisi administration made sure that the French would sell the meteor to egypt so that the second batch of rafales would be confirmed. Multiple sources stated that and I think they're being utterly silent on the matter

IMG_٢٠٢٢٠٥١٨_١٠٣٨٣٤.jpg

I don't know why all the trouble with some research, we can reach the desired result
The problem that occurred in this helicopter is the power supply from the old versions. Indeed, this problem was solved and the vibration was caused by overloading the wing

View attachment 845003

Indeed, totally agree.

Our government isn't that stupid to repeat the same mistakes as Mubarak era. And I am sure Russia ofc will not give us the most advanced weapons of their inventory but they will give us some advanced weapons. Plus Russia is siding with the Arabs (UAE Egypt Saudi Arabia etc...) look at the statement of Sergei Lavrov about Israel and Palestine. I hope and I think we will have Meteor missile but a downgraded maybe between 120 to 150km. But I dont see any problem with Russia to give us advanced A2A missile.

Another question : how Air Force pilots train on A2A fighting (dogfighting, etc...) they are using simulators or real A2A missiles.

Thats honestly a tall order if you ask me. The sisi administration made sure that the French would sell the meteor to egypt so that the second batch of rafales would be confirmed. Multiple sources stated that and I think they're being utterly silent on the matter

Do we know what those sources are? Were they just opinion pieces published in newspapers or online? I personally haven't seen any official notice of the contract except for a few tweets without any reliable sources to back them up. One mentioned that the US had blocked the sale of the Meteor and that surprised me because I didn't think the US had any clout over MBDA to dictate who the meteor is sold to and who cannot have it, nor does the missile have any parts from the US in it like the SCALP CM did. So that made the source even that much more dubious.

Wikipedia doesn't include Egypt as a potential customer in the body of literature and mentions all others including Qatar, the UAE and Saudi Arabia but at the bottom of the page for "Future" users, it shows Egypt and Saudi but mentions Qatar already has them. The information is all over the place.

Don't get me wrong, of course I hope the EAF gets the veritable missiles lol as it's literally the best air to air missile currently out there and will be for a while. Unfortunately, that potency also makes it less likely to be sold to the EAF for fear it would drastically cut the Israeli QMA everyone seems to take into consideration.

Our government isn't that stupid to repeat the same mistakes as Mubarak era. And I am sure Russia ofc will not give us the most advanced weapons of their inventory but they will give us some advanced weapons. Plus Russia is siding with the Arabs (UAE Egypt Saudi Arabia etc...) look at the statement of Sergei Lavrov about Israel and Palestine. I hope and I think we will have Meteor missile but a downgraded maybe between 120 to 150km. But I dont see any problem with Russia to give us advanced A2A missile.

Of course they're not stupid (haram 3leik ya gada3! lol) but why did they only get the standard R-77 with max range of 80km when they have all kinds of other better options?

The only missile Russia has not yet sold to foreign markets is the R37M, their AWACs killer, which is somewhat equal to the Meteor. Otherwise, it offers almost all versions of the R-77 and R-27 yet all we got on the MiG-29M/M2s were the standard R-77 or RVV-AE. Now why on earth wouldn't the EAF get the R-77-1 or RVVSD which is a longer and more improved version of the R-77? Why didn't it get the R-27 which is also longer ranged and super lethal? We've seen the entire weapon's load they purchased when the aircraft was displayed for exhibit to the press and again for a private viewing for Sisi and only the R-77 RVVAE is included. This is why I am very skeptical about Russia as well. Obviously, they're better than the US when it comes to supplying certain platforms and weapons, but still, I do believe they put a limit on them because of the same old reason.

I also don't think there is a downgraded version of the Meteor. India received the Meteor with its first 3 Rafales!!! Qatar has already received theirs according to Wiki and Saudi & Egypt are on the "Future" list. Naturally I have my doubts lol.

Another question : how Air Force pilots train on A2A fighting (dogfighting, etc...) they are using simulators or real A2A missiles.

They have the Aggressor squadron I mentioned to @Hydration that they train against in simulation fighting. The F-16s can switch from live ammunition to simulation using their ACMI wingtip pods where they chase each other for real and once the attacker locks on or fires and hits the instructor, it beeps and tells them it's a "kill." They also have cockpit simulators where they can train on many aspects. For example, the Rafale purchase came with 2 simulators which are at the airbase complex.

ACMI Pod.

1652894335649.png

You'll see these A LOT on EAF F-16s when they exercise with either the Hellenic air force or the UAE AF or the Saudi Royal air force or USAF and USN etc.

1652894657101.png

Not used ones, ma bro. That would be a huge mistake and history repeating itself. Remember the F-4 Phantoms? They were the WORST aircraft in the EAF at the time they were introduced because of that reason. They were constantly being flown back to the US for major repairs and engine overhauls etc. and the Egyptian pilots hated them with a passion for that reason. They were constantly grounded and several of them crashed.
In fact I do not recall any crash documentation for the F-4 fleet, the weren’t as active and had a really bad start since they were rushed into EAF paint scheme and flown towards Cairo west within one year of the program, the engineers really had no clue how to get the squadron heavily active with a one year training duration, though I recall an Egyptian pilot stating that the American instructors found them confident with the F-4, when asked if they flew them for Iran he responded by stating that he had previous engagements with the Israeli F-4s, hence flew in a similar fashion. Clearly that American had no clew how things were going in the Middle East, not that Egypt supported Iraq against Iran...
Does anyone have more pictures of this BAE Caiman version with what looks like an IED jammer?
View attachment 844917
View attachment 844918
View attachment 844919
I’ll add that to the list of footage I need to look for, right under the MiG-21 recce pod photo I promised @Gaafar with. I’d suggest you check some footage from the Sinai feedback by the Egyptian MoD, especially from 2018.

The new generation of Maadi/Misr has features in one of the Thunderbolts units’ arsenal:
4107C0E7-2D63-4C17-B235-44603A3CB785.jpeg

Never supported that decision, prolly never will.

In fact I do not recall any crash documentation for the F-4 fleet,

You don't recall? You weren't even born then! LMAO :D Just kidding.

Look Here:

At least three Phantoms have crashed, but have been replaced by 67-0328, -0332, and -0366. The surviving F-4Es equip two squadrons of the 222nd Fighter Regiment based at Cairo West. So far, they have only undergone structural upgrade programs.

Check out the sources at the bottom of that page. That info comes straight from McDonald Douglass and other reputable sources.

Not only did at least 3 crash, there were many other mishaps like bumping into one another on formation flight training, some mid-air collisions and serious close calls as well as gears collapsing on landings etc. Mainly because they were old aircraft and very hard to handle. Even the F-16s had major mishaps when they first arrived in Egypt. The problem was that the EAF in general, from the pilots all the way down to the lowest responsibility crewman were used to Soviet aircraft and their super simplicities. The F-4E was so complicated that it gave them headaches and not only that, there was at least 1 of them from the Vietnam war that was hit by a Viet Cong SAM and made a crash landing, then it was repaired and sent to the EAF! Those are rare to find but not impossible, they were the ones that still retained the Vietnam era jungle camo and they slapped Egyptian insignias on them.

1652910795487.png

The maintenance crews complained the most because the older the aircraft, the more maintenance needs to be done and those things were essentially the first major dual engine aircraft in the EAF with a maze of old hydraulics and wires and all sorts of crap. I was living in Egypt at the time (granted I was just a kid) but it was in the newspapers and on TV believe it or not. It's a bloody miracle they kept those disasters into the mid-2000s. Did you just assume I was talking out of my rear end, bro? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom