What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

In fact I do not recall any crash documentation for the F-4 fleet, the weren’t as active and had a really bad start since they were rushed into EAF paint scheme and flown towards Cairo west within one year of the program, the engineers really had no clue how to get the squadron heavily active with a one year training duration, though I recall an Egyptian pilot stating that the American instructors found them confident with the F-4, when asked if they flew them for Iran he responded by stating that he had previous engagements with the Israeli F-4s, hence flew in a similar fashion. Clearly that American had no clew how things were going in the Middle East, not that Egypt supported Iraq against Iran...

I’ll add that to the list of footage I need to look for, right under the MiG-21 recce pod photo I promised @Gaafar with. I’d suggest you check some footage from the Sinai feedback by the Egyptian MoD, especially from 2018.

The new generation of Maadi/Misr has features in one of the Thunderbolts units’ arsenal:
View attachment 845223
Never supported that decision, prolly never will.
I think so far new AKM is the best option for us. New AR will be expensive to produce in mass production so let's hope for the best. What made me angry is that Vietnam is replacing her old AKMs and AK-47 with newer ones. Maybe this new AKM is good.

Russian S-300 stationed in Syria opened fire on IAF. I suppose those jets were F-15 but no aircraft was shot down.

Edit : I wrote it was 6 F-16 who attacked Syria.

Last edited:
@Gomig-21 Well see, thats the thing. No one is saying anything which makes it all the more secretive. No word to come out from a source means no potential crackdown on deals, theoretically. The brass won't chicken out after a decade of this effort and time being put to the egy military. America is more isolated then ever in its history. Saudi and Emirati officials didn't answer bidens calls on purpose, signaling a change (just imagine if Harris become president...) now they're tryna push around the khaleeg to abandon their deal with China for Chinese balistic missles. That was due to the disastrous new nuclear deal with Iran, guess who take blame for that? Its all connected in a way. They WILL make sure they get those state of the art weaponry.

@Gomig-21 Well see, thats the thing. No one is saying anything which makes it all the more secretive. No word to come out from a source means no potential crackdown on deals, theoretically. The brass won't chicken out after a decade of this effort and time being put to the egy military. America is more isolated then ever in its history. Saudi and Emirati officials didn't answer bidens calls on purpose, signaling a change (just imagine if Harris become president...) now they're tryna push around the khaleeg to abandon their deal with China for Chinese balistic missles. That was due to the disastrous new nuclear deal with Iran, guess who take blame for that? Its all connected in a way. They WILL make sure they get those state of the art weaponry.
You are watching Summary on Youtube hahahaha?

Or maybe it's a newly deployed EDGE munition like the Al Tariq? @Philip the Arab what do you thin
I’m gonna take a better look at it, but it is quite blurry. From first glance it looks like a fighter jet dropping unguided munitions and judging by its explosion it’s too large for a Hellfire or other UAV dropped munition.

Its either that or a cruise missile or jet powered loitering munition but it looks like it flew past the screen which is odd.

Btw, this is why EDGE is smart in developing so many loitering munitions, although this Russian one missed unfortunately it shows that is is very capable if they payload was a bit larger and the weapon was used more accurately.

Last edited:
Ehh, I watch ehab elkatamesh, there's also another channel dedicated to military topics, its called "Military Squares"
I watch Military Square Ehab Elkatamesh, but it take them with a pinch of salt because sometimes they are just making a video for just the video nothing else. Military Square is doing everyday videos about our military (procurement of armaments etc...). So he is true then about military is the best in the world.

I don't think that SK will give us something that much advanced like the stealthy ones.
Good point, don’t think anyone will unless it’s very close allies and Egypt doesn’t have very many.

Imagine the possibility of a stealthy turbojet powered UAV that can be launched from land and the Mistrals and equipped with smart munitions.

Good point, don’t think anyone will unless it’s very close allies and Egypt doesn’t have very many.

Imagine the possibility of a stealthy turbojet powered UAV that can be launched from land and the Mistrals and equipped with smart munitions.
It will like the TCG Anadolu hahahaha

I’m gonna take a better look at it, but it is quite blurry. From first glance it looks like a fighter jet dropping unguided munitions and judging by its explosion it’s too large for a Hellfire or other UAV dropped munition.

Btw, this is why EDGE is smart in developing so many loitering munitions, although this Russian one missed unfortunately it shows that is is very capable if they payload was a bit larger and the weapon was used more accurately.

I think the loitering munition missed their targets.

I think the loitering munition missed their targets.
It did, but it’s Russian and has a low payload of 3kg. EDGE loitering munitions can have up to 50kg payloads which in that scenario would have destroyed all 3 trucks and the artillery pieces and killed all the men.

They also have GPS denied environment capability with altimeter, tv seeker, and proximity sensors which means most jammers will not work.

It will like the TCG Anadolu hahahaha
It’s a good idea to be honest that the Turks are pursuing.

Egypt could do it with the right funding but it would be expensive and likely need foreign subsystems.

Yeah, it's very hard to tell what it is. To me, it has all the characteristics of a UAV/UCAV. Last time we saw the same thing with an F-16s, the jet was screaming by a lot faster than this thing, plus you could clearly see it was an F-16.

Speaking of the F4s in my previous posts, here's a pic which barely catches the tail end of one of the very first Phantom F4Es that arrived in Egypt around 1979. This was Bright Star 1980 with a pair of taxiing A-7D Corsairs and you can just see the tail of one EAF Phantom in the Vietnam jungle camo. There is another pic I can't find of a pair of them next to a C-5 Galaxy I believe during Bright Star 1982.

1652925643315.png

Then they painted them in this smokey grey color.

1652926198395.png

Nice oldie of an EAF Mirage 5SDR screaming by.

1652925743665.png

That delta camo they painted those Mirages in was very cool, but ruined by the orange swaths unfortunately. It did look interesting on the veritable EAF MiG-21 MF, though. This one looks like it just came out of the paint room.

1652926303452.png

Did you know the Mirage E-2 (16 of them built for Egypt) came without any radar!? They did have a navigation and attack system just like the Alpha jets, but no radar.

Nice pic of what looks like a brand spanking new Gazelle tank hunter.

1652926130096.png

Not sure if I posted these already, that's what happens when you post a lot of pics through several years lol. Either way, nice looking EAF F-16D with the small Tahya Misr writing on it during air to air refueling with a French tanker.

1652926657277.png

1652926876454.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom