What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

But still they will apply CAATSA laws on us. They don't give a sh^t about us. They will do anything necessary to stop us from buying SU-35. SU-57 not in serial production so another problem and the SU-75 is in develpment and we don't know if it will work or not.
Well we have India as an example for the US not applying CAATSA on them for buying the S-400 and even eying the S-500 now.. It all depends on what kind of leverage you've got..

It is really important not to harm the comprehensive strategic partnership between Egypt and Russia in any form or shape.. the best example for not to harm it is the Dabaa nuclear plant and so many other ongoing very important projects..Also Egypt has the biggest Arab trade with Russia..The only way to scrap the SU-35 deal is if Russia itself show willingness and maybe keep the deposit secretly for a future SU-57 deal..

All this of course..is in the case of procuring the F-15/AMRAAM combo.. and hopefully this will come with an upgrade of the F-16s to the Viper standard too..

Last edited:
Second ex-Italian FREMM frigate delivered to Egypt

The Egyptian Navy's newest FREMM frigate ENS Bernees.
The Egyptian Navy has received the second FREMM frigate, ENS Bernees, from Italy. The vessel arrived in Alexandria on 14 April.

ENS Bernees was formerly the Emilio Bianchi before being acquired by the Egyptian Navy. The first vessel, ENS Al Galala (ex Spartaco Schergat), arrived in Alexandria on 31 December.

The Egyptian Ministry of Defense said the ENS Bernees’s reception ceremony was attended by a number of former Egyptian Navy leaders, the Italian Military Attachment in Cairo, and a number of students of military colleges and Alexandria University.
The Ministry added that the vessel will help Egypt secure its borders, support and protect land forces along the coast during offensive and defensive operations, and secure natural resources in the Mediterranean and Red Seas.

It was reported in early 2020 that Egypt was interested in buying two FREMM frigates from Italy, drawn from the Italian Navy’s procurement program – the vessels Spartaco Schergat and Emilio Bianchi, launched in January 2019 and January 2020, respectively – enabling Fincantieri to sell the vessels for an estimated cost of €1.2 billion.

Naval News reports that the Italian government authorized the sale in August last year. The deal was apparently jeopardised by concerns over Egypt’s human rights record, especially after Italian student Giulio Regeni was tortured and murdered in Cairo in 2016.

The frigate sale is apparently part of a larger deal that includes four more frigates, 20 Falaj class corvettes, 24 Eurofighter Typhoon fighters, 24 M346 jet trainers, and a surveillance satellite, but it is not clear how far along these deals are to being signed. Leonardo has already received an 871 million euro contract to supply 24 AW149 and eight AW189 helicopters to Egypt’s military, some of which will be used aboard navy ships.

The Italian L’Espresso weekly news magazine reported on 28 March that Fincantieri had submitted a request to export two more FREMMs to Egypt, which it said was evidence that Cairo wants to exercise an option in its contract for additional vessels. L’Espresso reported that these would be delivered in 2025, further delaying the delivery of the replacements for the Italian Navy.

Egypt’s interest in the FREMM frigates – as well as its decision in 2019 to procure up to six warships from Germany, at least three of which are Meko frigates – came as Cairo’s relationship with France cooled and military procurement shifted towards other European suppliers. However, Egypt is believed to once again be interested in acquiring further military hardware from France, including Rafale fighters

Al Galala (FFG 1002) is in ‘general purpose’ configuration and armed with a Leonardo 127/64 mm LightWeight (LW) mm gun, a 76/62 mm Super Rapido gun and two 25 mm guns as well as the MBDA SAAM-ESD (Surface Anti-Air Missile – Extended Self-Defense) Air Defense Missile system able to launch the Aster family of surface-to-air missiles. Some sensitive equipment particular to the Italian Navy, including electronic warfare systems, have apparently been removed.

The Italian Navy’s Carlo Bergamini-class FREMM frigates have a full load displacement of about 6 500 tons, an overall length of about 144 meters and can reach a top speed of 27 knots with a maximum cruising range of 6 800 nautical miles at 15 knots.

https://www.defenceweb.co.za/sea/sea-sea/second-ex-italian-fremm-frigate-delivered-to-egypt/

1649041250666.png

إذا لم تحصل على AMRAAMs في F-15 ، فستكون كبيرة لسمعة سلاح الجو لدينا. صكوك على تلك صكوك.

ملاحظة أخرى ، [USER = 203050] @ joker87 [/ USER] قالت إنه تم إرسال 500 خبير ألماني إلى مصر. إذا عدّلنا صواريخ سبارو إلى صاروخ FOX-3 ، فهل ترفض الولايات المتحدة فكرة التعديل ؟؟. بالإضافة إلى [USER = 203050] @ joker87 [/ USER] كيف حصلت على أخبار عن هؤلاء الألمان.
The translation was misunderstood, what I mean by the missile researchers, part of it was sent to Egypt
Germany established a factory for the production of ammunition in Egypt
die-fregatte-liegt-im-fischereihafen-soll-montag-ablegen-102700.jpg

Dear Miko 200a Note the rocket launchers

Hey @The SC , do you know if the 2 Bergamini frigates came with the 16 Aster 15 or did the EN get the Aster 30 with the ships? I've been trying to look it up for a couple of hours but haven't been able to find any info on that, but the cells can accept both types, just don't know which ones are equipped with the Italian/Egyptian ships.

Also would be nice to know if they retained the cruise missile capabilities and if the naval SCALP is what's in there for a CM? Or is it just the Sylver A70 only?

EDIT: I just saw this:

Vertical Missile Launcher Sylver
A-35 Mica VL Crotale VT1
A-43 Mica VL Crotale VT1 Aster 15
A-50 Mica VL Crotale VT1 Aster 15 Aster 30
A-70 Aster 15 Aster 30 SCALP Naval

View attachment 830305

Both.. we saw the Italian yearly report stating deliveries of Aster-15 and Aster-30..it should be here or on another thread about the Berghamini or the Mega deal..

https://www.sipri.org/databases/national-reports/Italy

For CM .. It came with 8 Otomat/Teseo an Italian-built, anti-ship and coastal-attack missile of 280 km range..

Last edited:
Both.. we saw the Italian yearly report stating deliveries of Aster-15 and Aster-30..it should be here or on another thread about the Berghamini or the Mega deal..

https://www.sipri.org/databases/national-reports/Italy

For CM .. It came with 8 Otomat/Teseo an Italian-built, anti-ship and coastal-attack missile of 280 km range..

That's right, now I remember. I also remember Khafee was talking about the UAE order and that they selected the Raytheon Naval Sparrow if I'm not mistaken, He said it was one of the better ones for mobility or something like that. But I'm a bit surprised that the Otomat delivered with the Egyptian FREMMs have coastal attack capabilities, bro. That has usually not been something allowed to the Egyptian Navy. No offensive weapons and only defensive ones. I hope it's true!

That's right, now I remember. I also remember Khafee was talking about the UAE order and that they selected the Raytheon Naval Sparrow if I'm not mistaken, He said it was one of the better ones for mobility or something like that. But I'm a bit surprised that the Otomat delivered with the Egyptian FREMMs have coastal attack capabilities, bro. That has usually not been something allowed to the Egyptian Navy. No offensive weapons and only defensive ones. I hope it's true!

The US denied that on the Harpoon.. Italy didn't on the Otomat latest version that came with the Berghaminis..

Pause the video at exactly 5:00 minutes in and take a look at that lineup of the two Bergaminis and the Gowind at the end and you can really appreciate the size of those ships and the beautiful stealth design. Not to mention the beautiful turquoise waters and new dock they built specifically for these new ships.

The US denied that on the Harpoon.. Italy didn't on the Otomat latest version that came with the Berghaminis..

Damn US! When will this rubbish end, right? Enough is enough, really. That's why it's imperative to maintain a good relationship with others and especially Italy. When it comes to naval assets, they don't seem too concerned about that outdated rule of limiting essential and powerful, game changing systems on board. And since they don't seem to be too concerned about those specific details, that makes them a great supplier. The difference between having land attack capabilities and not is HUGE! The only thing they removed from the Berghamini FREMMs was their own, custom designed EW system. That's more than fair. Easily replaced by one specific to the EN's specs and needs. Other than that, nowhere near the number of items removed and left bare like the French did on their FREMM. Probably one of the big reason why there were no more deals with them halfway through the construction of the 4 Gowinds. Things went quite cold between the two countries if you remember. It seemed like there were issues with almost every item, the FREMM, the Rafales and not sure but I think there was tension in the insistence of the EN to build 3 out of the 4 Gowinds in Alexandria. We also don't really see that frigate much in any of the exercises or naval exchanges. Not even on regular missions we hardly see it. It's also rumored to be much more costly to run and operate out of all the large ships, probably the outlining reason for not seeing it much, it's probably docked more than it's taken out.

1649050484705.png
https://defence.pk/pdf/attachments/...=103456&hash=e0e4a6bf4dc8b7ec8a605dde49dd0518

https://www.tacticalreport.com/news/article/59445-egypt-roketsan-and-hisar-missile

Egypt: Roketsan and Hisar missile

5a279a7b86c4e.jpg

The Egyptian Ministry of Military Production (MoMP) is reported to be interested in pursuing several memoranda of cooperation (MoC) with Turkish defense companies.

The MoMP is said to be interested in the manufacturing techniques of Roketsan’s Hisar missile.

It isn't realistic at all. Our relation with Turkey isn't the best right now maybe in the future but today not at all.

It isn't realistic at all. Our relation with Turkey isn't the best right now maybe in the future but today not at all.

Totally agree. I don't think Erdogan is to be trusted as far as you could throw a broomstick at him.

I say that until the guy either dies or disappears from Turkey's leadership and someone sane and friendly gets elected, there shouldn't be much of any dealing with them.

Just FYI, keep in mind that the turko/erdogan fan club is strong around here and very sensitive to any insults thrown at either. But Sisi is open for a free-for-all insult fest at no expense. Just for everyone to be aware of. :)

Last edited:
It's very interesting in that the EN is following the same concept as the EAF as far as commonality is concerned. Just like the EAF, the EN is not sticking to just one supplier. Amongst the frigates, Eventually, it will be operating 4 different types. 6 Italian Bergamini FREMMS, 1 French Aquitaine FREMM, 6 German MEKO A200s and the older existing US-built Oliver Perry class Frigate. Kinda like the variety in the EAF, which will end up with 3 eventual sources in the American, Russian & French. Smart concept? Absolutely!

More pics and angles of the spectacular El Galala Bergamini FREMM in the Egyptian Navy. 2 already in the fleet and 4 more to be eventually built and delivered to the EN for the eventually most numerous type.

1649088123659.png

1649088141545.png

Solar panels on the helo deck up against the left hanger door? Is that what those are?

1649088157614.png

An absolute beast from this angle.

1649088199036.png

Speaking of the EAF, hopefully this will be the eventual Russian contingent in the Egyptian Air Force. 100 - 150 MiG-35 maybe even 200 because of their cheap cost and excellent makeup and 50 - 75 Su-57s. Even if the latter is not as good as the F-35, it's really the only alternative for the EAF to jump into the stealth aircraft world. Although perhaps the Su-75 Checkmate offers a slightly better option but only if ToT is given by Sukhoi.

1649088340374.png

One of the 4 (I think there is 4) 2-seater MiG-29M/M2 out of the 46 jets in the EAF. (They did replace the 2 that crashed in 2017 & 2019, right? Anyone know the details, @joker87 maybe? Most likely used as trainers. The interesting thing is that all the cockpits are designed as if they would be 2-seaters, but the backseat is filled with either avionics or more room for fuel tanks. Russian/MiG corp. thinking of versatility.

1649089348638.png

1649089366776.png

First aircraft in this elephant walk looks like the tanker for buddy-buddy refueling with all those fuel tanks it's carrying.

1649089450831.png

MiG-29M/M2 pilots.

1649089484649.png

Block 52 lineup with 4 F-16Ds (2-seaters) and 3 C models (single seat) of which all seem to be part of the aggressor's squadrons.

1649089711200.png

Wow that's close, almost as close as the Blue Angels!

1649089742217.png

Dogfighting practice.

1649089812333.png

Rafale is so sweet, just like the Bergaminis. It has that special look about it, not to mention it's lethality. No wonder they're very happy with it and are requesting many more, even thinking about purchasing a French aircraft carrier fully equipped with 24 naval Rafale Ms! When I first heard they're already negotiating with the French about that possible purchase, I almost fell out of my chair lmao! @Vergennes , have you heard anything about this possible carrier for Egypt?

1649090021245.png

1649090172488.png

1649090189647.png

A rare, closeup look at one of the 3 military transport ships in the Egyptian Navy. This one is called Al Hureya or Freedom.

1649090594857.png

1649090608499.png

1649090636719.png

Paratrooper MP's at Bernice air base for either a visit by Sisi or general inspection.

1649092467751.png

1649092442758.png

Rare look at the EAF's Mi-24. This is about as close as we've seen!

1649092501170.png

1649092557290.png

1649092526709.png

From the navy's voyage to the Crimea and the Black Sea for a couple days exercise with the Russian Navy about a year ago or so. Zipping through the Bosporus.

1649092708284.png

1649092855773.png

1649092875316.png

1649092905363.png

1649092918618.png

1649092723307.png

1649092740306.png

1649092758382.png

1649092775101.png

1649092786140.png

1649092803762.png

Attachments