What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Even if the f 15 deal sounds appealing, it would still be a disadvantage to us. The israelis have been operating that platform for decades before we would get the first batch. They know the ins and outs of the aircraft and know how to counter it in other hands. It'd be wise to just go sukhoi this time

Even if the f 15 deal sounds appealing, it would still be a disadvantage to us. The israelis have been operating that platform for decades before we would get the first batch. They know the ins and outs of the aircraft and know how to counter it in other hands. It'd be wise to just go sukhoi this time
Anyways the F-15 will come with strings attached like General McKenzie said in his announcement.. most likely not to be used outside Egypt's airspace ..so defensive only..

The Su-35 will be an offensive weapon in the hands of the EAf with no strings attached..

This is why getting both would be the optimal deal for Egypt..

Which type of ammo? missiles etc...?
According to several German and South African reports and websites, Rheinmetall Denel Munition has completed the establishment of a factory for filling and assembling aircraft bombs and large and medium caliber artillery munitions in Egypt, thus becoming the third country in the Middle East after the UAE and Saudi Arabia to own such factories.

It is noteworthy that the CEO of Rheinmetall, Denel Munition, has announced since 2017 that his company is in the process of building a global factory for filling and assembling ammunition for a country in North Africa, and that negotiations with this country took 4 years.

(Photo from one of the German media reports that talked about the deal)

Rheinmetall announced that it had delivered another ammunition filling plant to Egypt via RDM

1649133686743.png

1649134808226.png

1649134146451.png

1649134666098.png

1649134382839.png

1649134883323.png

Last edited:
A super rare and excellent pic of one of the EAF's 8 E-2C Hawkeyes AWACs aircraft taking off and in the process of retracting its landing gears. For 25 years or so out to the 30+ that they've operated this platform, we never got to see it as they had that silly strict no pics taken of the military policy. But in the last 8 - 10 years, they've changed their stance on that policy and now we get to see so much more as the flood gates have opened up! This photo of this aircraft and other recent ones are a perfect example of that. Click on image to get larger one.

1649130750687.png

mig29m2 it is possible to remove the rear fuel tank and add a seat for the navigator or training, and these are among the modifications requested by the Air Force

Mmm....are you sure about that? That means that every single 2-seater has a complete set of avionics and all the necessary gadgets including a stick and throttle for that backseat. I doubt very much that would be the case. I think it's only used for extra fuel or additional avionics/carry-on items. Unless you're saying that only the seat can be installed but no controls at all? That would be very strange and interesting. Where did you get that information ya Joker?

Yeah Egyptians have men that can do that..the GCC don't seem to have them.. HaHaha!

As far as I know the 2 Migs were officially replaced.. The Rafale was controversial.. but everywhere You look, they say 24 Rafales now in service with the EAF..

https://www.timesaerospace.aero/features/defence/rafale-just-the-ticket-for-egypt

Yep, I think @joker87 answered that question about the Rafale and the MiGs. The Rafale story was very strange, how the rumors of it crashing and the pilot dying just lit up like wild fire!? They even posted pics of the pilot on FB and it went viral! Very silly but that's the age we live in.

Block 52 elephant walk.
1649130524537.png

1649130638272.png

Nice slow banking on takeoff. Those MiG-29s seem to have great slow maneuvering lift and capabilities. Watching video of them and the MiG-35 you can tell the size and shape of the wings and LERX along with its weight and wing-loading make it capable of that excellent slow maneuvering.

1649130832345.png

Last edited:
According to the Italian daily la Repubblica.. And some other sources, which were published before.. Egypt insisted on acquiring air combat missiles beyond visual range “Meteor” despite the objection of both the United States of America and Israel..

You know, it all makes sense now. Remember the potential mega Italian deal? And how it included 24 Eurofighter Typhoons and we were all like "holy hell another different platform!?" lol. Well, it makes complete sense now that the EAF was asking the Italians to supply the Meteor missile with some of the other items in the deal. But I bet you the Italians said the only way they would do that is if the EAF bought the 24 Typhoons added to the mega deal! They might've tried to strong-arm the EAF telling them that conditionally, in order for them to supply those missiles and then take a lot of heat from the US (I don't think they care about Israel, insignificant to them but the US most certainly) and the only way it would be worth it is if they bought the Typhoons. That would help their production and cash flow seeing how the EAF was on a shopping spree for the Bergamini frigates and Rafales and many other things. Then they were disappointed to find out the EAF wasn't interested in adding another type of fighter similar to what they already have and are getting more of in the Rafales! It sounds to me like that might've been the result of the EAF requesting the Meteor from the Italians who seemed to be the only entity out there willing to supply them without restrictions, only they wanted to be compensated handsomely for doing that by adding the Typhoons. Just my opinion when I think about that whole scenario.

It seems like France has come through with these missiles and has agreed to include them in the contract for the next 30 Rafales for the EAF. I just don't know when those are being delivered with the UAE sweeping in and signing for 80 Rafales! Unbelievable. Then they have Greece's order to complete and not sure if they're done with Qatar's order or India's either!

This is a great article about the entire history of the Rafale and the EAF etc.

It said that France acquiesced to Egypt and agreed to sell this type of missile to the Egyptian Air Force, in addition to the modern MICA-NG air combat missiles within the framework of the armament clause within the new 30 Rafale deal..

1649110996616.png

Man, enough is enough. Really! They need to stop treating the Egyptian Armed Forces as if it's some untrustworthy and dangerous entity. Who's more dangerous and has actually attacked the other and took their land, TWICE!? It was Israel, not Egypt. The latter has only been fighting to defend itself for decades and has NEVER been the aggressor. Hopefully someday Sisi can passionately relay that message to the world, preferably at the UN and say it loudly so it can be noticed around the world. "Enough is enough!"

Yeah Egyptians have men that can do that..the GCC don't seem to have them.. HaHaha!

Hahaha! I was watching "The Enemy Below" with the great Robert Mitchum and the legendary Kurt Jurgens (ever see that? If not I highly recommend it, one of the BEST submarine movies ever made!) and Mitchum is a US destroyer captain while Jurgens is a German U-boat captain and they're hunting each other, but the memorable line from Mitchum was "being in a submarine under attack (by depth chargers) is the worst thing imaginable."

So, not only the claustrophobia involved, but also that aspect of being under attack and the helpless feeling it must exude.

Can you imagine if they end up in Egypt without AMRAAMs & they make them paint those crazy orange swaths on top of it? That would be devastating. They better not acquiesce to the orange marking either! They don't need them as identifying markings anymore since exercising with the US is a far and few between event as well as the EAF having a very sophisticated IFF system now they can implement with any friendly adversary.

Anyways the F-15 will come with strings attached like General McKenzie said in his announcement.. most likely not to be used outside Egypt's airspace ..so defensive only..

The Su-35 will be an offensive weapon in the hands of the EAf with no strings attached..

Enough is enough, bro. Totally agree they should be firm with the US on everything and threaten to go back the Su-35 and have the cahones to do it if it came down to it. No more strong-arming by the US.

1649182263398.png

Another pic of the first finished MEKO 200A #904 for the EN undergoing sea trials and delivery soon.

1649182339303.png

Last edited:
New concept of a swarm vehicle on a nimr chassis from Halcon. Imagine this used against an armored battalion it would absolutely devestate it.

Egypt should explore developing something similar on a Temsah chassis.

View attachment 830911

View attachment 830912

fg_3261554-jdw-6965.jpg

I am sure we may have swarm drones on ST-100 MRAP. During the presentation of ST-100, we can see that we will be using CM-501XA loitering munition so in the future we can see Kamikaze drone mounter on this chassis.

You know, it all makes sense now. Remember the potential mega Italian deal? And how it included 24 Eurofighter Typhoons and we were all like "holy hell another different platform!?" lol. Well, it makes complete sense now that the EAF was asking the Italians to supply the Meteor missile with some of the other items in the deal. but I bet you the Italians said the only way they would do that is if the EAF bought the 24 Typhoons added to the mega deal! They might've tried to strong-arm the EAF telling them that that conditionally, in order for them to supply those missiles and then take a lot of heat from the US (I don't think they care about Israel, insignificant to them but the US most certainly) and the only way it would be worth it is if they bought the Typhoons. That would help their production and cash flow seeing how the EAF was on a shopping spree for the Bergamini frigates and Rafales and many other things. Then they were disappointed to find out the EAF wasn't interested in adding another type of fighter similar to what they already have and are getting more of in the Rafales! It sounds to me like that might've been the result of the EAF requesting the Meteor from the Italians who seemed to be the only entity out there willing to supply them without restrictions, only they wanted to be compensated handsomely for doing that. Just my opinion when I think about that whole scenario.

It seems like France has come through with these missiles and has agreed to include them in the contract for the next 30 Rafales for the EAF. I just don't know when those are being delivered with the UAE sweeping in and signing for 80 Rafales! Unbelievable. Then they have Greece's order to complete and not sure if they're done with Qatar's order or India's either!

This is a great article about the entire history of the Rafale and the EAF etc.

Man, enough is enough. Really! They need to stop treating the Egyptian Armed Forces as if it's some untrustworthy and dangerous entity. Who's more dangerous and has actually attacked the other and took their land, TWICE!? It was Israel, not Egypt. The latter has only been fighting to defend itself for decades and has NEVER been the aggressor. Hopefully someday Sisi can passionately relay that message to the world, preferably at the UN and say it loudly so it can be noticed around the world. "Enough is enough!"

Hahaha! I was watching "The Enemy Below" with the great Robert Mitchum and the legendary Kurt Jurgens (ever see that? If not I highly recommend it, one of the BEST submarine movies ever made!) and Mitchum is a US destroyer captain while Jurgens is a German U-boat captain and they're hunting each other, but the memorable line from Mitchum was "being in a submarine under attack (by depth chargers) is the worst thing imaginable."

So, not only the claustrophobia involved, but also that aspect of being under attack and the helpless feeling it must exude.

Can you imagine if they end up in Egypt without AMRAAMs & they make them paint those crazy orange swaths on top of it? That would be devastating. They better not acquiesce to the orange marking either! They don't need them as identifying markings anymore since exercising with the US is a far and few between event as well as the EAF having a very sophisticated IFF system now they can implement with any friendly adversary.

Enough is enough, bro. Totally agree they should be firm with the US on everything and threaten to go back the Su-35 and have the cahones to do it if it came down to it. No more strong-arming by the US.

View attachment 830895

Another pic of the first finished MEKO 200A #904 undergoing sea trials and delivery soon.

View attachment 830897

The new 30 Rafales' date of delivery is 2024 to 2026..and it is going to be tranche 4.1 ..

The new 30 Rafales' date of delivery is 2024 to 2026..and it is going to be tranche 4.1 ..

Mmmm.....according to that article I posted the link for a few posts back, that might not be the case, bro. Dassault was producing 11 aircraft a year, round that up to 1 a month and they still have Greece, India and Qatar's orders to complete.

Also the F4 standard will probably not be ready for this 2nd order of EAF Rafales. So it'll have to be on a 3rd order if that happens. Also according to this article.

From the article:

The Indian Air Force is also in the process of taking delivery of 36 Rafales, while Qatar has received 23 of the 36 it has on order.

There have already been suggestions that Egypt could eventually purchase the new Rafale F4, increasing the (overall) Rafale fleet to 72 or even 100 aircraft “depending on Egypt’s financial capacity”.

So to make the total reach 72 aircraft, that would be the 3rd order since this one they just signed is for 30 to make the total in the fleet reach 54. Unless you have a better source supporting this next batch being the F4 standard. That would be great, just don't think it's ready in time.

There is something weird. How the MMP (Missile Moyenne Portée) the french Javelin is more expensive than the Javelin itself hahahah. If someone have any idea can you explain to me.
Unit cost Javelin : $178,000
Unit cost MMP : 250 000 € or 197 800 €.

This link is in french
https://defense-militaire.over-blog...le-systeme-de-missile-moyenne-portee-mmp.html

1920px-MBDA_MMP_launcher_at_Dubai_Airshow_2021.jpg

Javelin_with_checkout_equipment.jpg
They are expensive, but tanks are much more expensive and these things are pretty much guaranteed to take out any tank.

Ukraine conflict solidified that ATGM equipped infantry can decimate armored units.

Also, many more Javelins were produced than MMPs therefore lowering unit cost.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom