What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

What type of IFV or APC? This is the first time I see it

1649093189022.png

New polymer Maadi Rifle (new version that we saw it during EDEX) or AK-103

1649093336661.png

According to the Italian daily la Repubblica.. And some other sources, which were published before.. Egypt insisted on acquiring air combat missiles beyond visual range “Meteor” despite the objection of both the United States of America and Israel..

It said that France acquiesced to Egypt and agreed to sell this type of missile to the Egyptian Air Force, in addition to the modern MICA-NG air combat missiles within the framework of the armament clause within the new 30 Rafale deal..

1649110996616.png

Last edited:
Egyptian F-16 fighters and the beginning of the development of the Viper standard

Building a center for development and maintenance of the F-16 like the ones in Usrael and Turkey in the Marsa Matrooh air base..

A very big surprise.. the military secret behind the establishment of the administrative capital and Al Alamein so quickly and in these places!

Egyptian F-16 fighters and the beginning of the development of the Viper standard

Building a center for development and maintenance of the F-16 like the ones in Usrael and Turkey in the Marsa Matrooh air base..

AIC is an egyptian company? So the US basucally gave Egypt a permit on how to make a facility for remodernizing F-16s? Tgats epic

What type of IFV or APC? This is the first time I see it

View attachment 830566

New polymer Maadi Rifle (new version that we saw it during EDEX) or AK-103

View attachment 830568
You dont know? Theyre all over the place mainly work with the Rapid deployment forces YPR-765
nt8.jpg

One of the 4 (I think there is 4) 2-seater MiG-29M/M2 out of the 46 jets in the EAF. (They did replace the 2 that crashed in 2017 & 2019, right? Anyone know the details, @joker87 maybe? Most likely used as trainers. The interesting thing is that all the cockpits are designed as if they would be 2-seaters, but the backseat is filled with either avionics or more room for fuel tanks. Russian/MiG corp. thinking of versatility.
mig29m2 it is possible to remove the rear fuel tank and add a seat for the navigator or training, and these are among the modifications requested by the Air Force

God bless these fellas that choose to go live in these cramped up steel tubes and go underwater for a long time and be out at sea. You couldn't pay me enough to do that.

1649118387134.png

1649118414445.png

1649118489256.png

1649118509560.png

Hey @The SC , here's the current maintenance depot for all aircraft. They even overhaul the F-16 engines in there as well.

You think of how much all this maintenance costs the military on a yearly basis. Between the maintenance and salaries and most of all, the cost of flying the jets per hour with all those F-16s, MiGs and Rafales. The Rafales are around $18,000 per hour of flight! I just read that a couple of days ago. Times that by how many they fly a week plus the MiGs and the F-16s and eventually either the F-15 or Su-35 which are probably somewhere around $25K an hour each lol. This is an expensive endeavor.

1649118614485.png

1649118632204.png

1649118656130.png

1649118670411.png

mig29m2 it is possible to remove the rear fuel tank and add a seat for the navigator or training, and these are among the modifications requested by the Air Force

I was asking you about the 2 MiGs that crashed in 2017 and 2019, as well as the one Rafale and if they replaced any of those 3 aircraft.

Last edited:
God bless these fellas that choose to go live in these cramped up steel tubes and go underwater for a long time and be out at sea. You couldn't pay me enough to do that.

View attachment 830660

View attachment 830661

View attachment 830662

View attachment 830663

Hey @The SC , here's the current maintenance depot for all aircraft. They even overhaul the F-16 engines in there as well.

View attachment 830665

View attachment 830666

View attachment 830668

View attachment 830669

I was asking you about the 2 MiGs that crashed in 2017 and 2019, as well as the one Rafale and if they replaced any of those 3 aircraft.
Now they will have a Center for not only maintenance but also development..
With 218 F-16s.. the ones to be upgraded might go to Marsa Matruh base new facility..

Last edited:
The MiG-29m/m2 was replaced and also received. The company registered 52 fighters, but only 50 fighters are in the service of the Air Force.
As for the Rafale, there is no source that mentioned the crash, one of which was the pilot, Muhtadi Al-Shazly, who was on a K8 training mission, and the crash of a fighter was not mentioned.
And the military spokesman mentioned that. We do not deny any crash because it is proven in the manufacturer and the Air Force

Now they will have a Center for not only maintenance but also development..
With 218 F-16s.. the ones to be upgraded might go to Marsa Matrouh base new facility..

Yes, and knowing how they build state of the art complexes such as the new capital, the Mohammad Naguib base which is absolutely amazing, one can only imagine what this maintenance and development depot/complex will look like, and the equipment they'll furbish it with. Interesting that they picked Marsa Matruh, way out on the western coast of the Mediterranean. That area is unbelievably beautiful.

Last edited:
When the F16Block52 crashed, the matter was mentioned in 2018, and the MiG also entered service in a short period, and the Egyptian military spokesman mentioned it.

The MiG-29m/m2 was replaced and also received. The company registered 52 fighters, but only 50 fighters are in the service of the Air Force.
As for the Rafale, there is no source that mentioned the crash, one of which was the pilot, Muhtadi Al-Shazly, who was on a K8 training mission, and the crash of a fighter was not mentioned.
And the military spokesman mentioned that. We do not deny any crash because it is proven in the manufacturer and the Air Force
Yes the official deal was for 46 Mig-29M/M2..and Russia throwed in 6 fighters as a gift to Egypt for saving the Mig plant from harsh financial times.... now if only 50 are in service..the other two might be testing the AESA radar and the changes to avionics related with it..

View attachment 830660

View attachment 830661

View attachment 830662

View attachment 830663
Yeah Egyptians have men that can do that..the GCC don't seem to have them.. HaHaha!

As far as I know the 2 Migs were officially replaced.. The Rafale was controversial.. but everywhere You look, they say 24 Rafales now in service with the EAF..

https://www.timesaerospace.aero/features/defence/rafale-just-the-ticket-for-egypt

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom