What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

You deserve a military professional tag

You're too kind. I only served my mandatory year and three months required and that was it. Other than that, it would be disingenuous to have that label to be honest. I'm just older and have been around for a while lol. I even remember when those mirage 2K arrived in 1982.

You're too kind. I only served my mandatory year and three months required and that was it. Other than that, it would be disingenuous to have that label to be honest. I'm just older and have been around for a while lol. I even remember when those mirage 2K arrived in 1982.

You served during the 80s? That is like 40 years ago which is why you should recieve the tag. Let me quess you are born and raised in the US

Egypt does have BVR in Meteor it could use that on all platforms.. But if Amraam comes with them then it would be cool but I am hearing that SU-35 doesn't have AESA as whole
Egypt till now doesn't have Meteor as BVR missile on the Rafale. I am sure our Air Force requested in the new deal because we upgraded all of our Rafale fleet to F3R version and that version that carry Meteor missiles. Plus our Armed Forced will not do the same mistake as Mubarak era..
I am certain that @Gomig-21 can develop more because I am still young (20 years old only hahaha) so i don't have that much of experience and infos.

You served in which branch?

Egypt till now doesn't have Meteor as BVR missile on the Rafale. I am sure our Air Force requested in the new deal because we upgraded all of our Rafale fleet to F3R version and that version that carry Meteor missiles. Plus our Armed Forced will not do the same mistake as Mubarak era..
I am certain that @Gomig-21 can develop more because I am still young (20 years old only hahaha) so i don't have that much of experience and infos.

They do have Meteor Missile in their inventory and there is visual confirmation of that

You served during the 80s? That is like 40 years ago which is why you should recieve the tag. Let me quess you are born and raised in the US

Not serve, did my mandatory conscription service all males have to do either after high school or college. Except if you're the sole male with no other male siblings, you're excused.

That's quite different than "serving" where you actually enlist and become a fulltime member of the military. I tried that when they were recruiting for the brand new F-16s but was denied. Both my older brothers also did their conscription and it was a very tough year and 3 months. Born in Ethiopia and then after living in Pakistan for a couple of years, returned to Egypt before coming to the US also in the mid 80's.

20s are the best years of one's life. Take good advantage of every minute and make the most of it because it will pass way faster than you think. Before you know it, you're 30 and so on. My 20s were a flash lol!

I was placed with the air defense. It's been a while my memory is a bit gone. Or at least I try to forget much of it on purpose because it was a tough experience. I also went to enlist when they were receiving their first batch of F-16s and were recruiting students for pilots and crew etc. I was denied because my hair was too long lmao. I also had more of a foreign education and I think they were looking more towards students from Egyptian schools. The officer who was looking at my application took one look at me and said "you should go to America and play guitar" lol! I'll never forget that. I was pissed! But he was a big wig and I wasn't going to mess with him. Bas 7elw awi el gesh el Masry! Especially now it seems much better than back then.

I was denied because my hair was too long lmao.
Hilarious hahahaha.

Bas 7elw awi el gesh el Masry! Especially now it seems much better than back then.
I hope that we will be focussing more on infantry training, conscriptions etc... like we are focussing on the Navy and the Air Force. And also the replacement of our old AKM Maadi rifle hahaha. Either we upgrade the AKM with polymer and optics or either we change totally our standard rifle.

Not serve, did my mandatory conscription service all males have to do either after high school or college. Except if you're the sole male with no other male siblings, you're excused.
I am the only son so i am excused from the military service.
20s are the best years of one's life. Take good advantage of every minute and make the most of it because it will pass way faster than you think. Before you know it, you're 30 and so on. My 20s were a flash lol!
True, I am now in France for university but i lived all my life in Egypt Om El Donia

I hope that we will be focussing more on infantry training, conscriptions etc... like we are focussing on the Navy and the Air Force. And also the replacement of our old AKM Maadi rifle hahaha. Either we upgrade the AKM with polymer and optics or either we change totally our standard rifle.

I agree. I hope so too because in the year plus in there, I think we only fired the AK once IIRC. The rest was just brutal physical training.

True, I am now in France for university but i lived all my life in Egypt Om El Donia

MashAllah. Best of luck and a prosperous future InshaAllah.

I was placed with the air defense. It's been a while my memory is a bit gone. Or at least I try to forget much of it on purpose because it was a tough experience. I also went to enlist when they were receiving their first batch of F-16s and were recruiting students for pilots and crew etc. I was denied because my hair was too long lmao. I also had more of a foreign education and I think they were looking more towards students from Egyptian schools. The officer who was looking at my application took one look at me and said "you should go to America and play guitar" lol! I'll never forget that. I was pissed! But he was a big wig and I wasn't going to mess with him. Bas 7elw awi el gesh el Masry! Especially now it seems much better than back then.
I remember when my grandfather was an air force reservist pilot during the period of the Naksa till October war. Before that he was a civilian pilot in Egyptair. He told me once that during the Naksa (i think during the first days of war) he saw three fighters doing manoeuvres like landing, taking off and other things above the runway, while he was leaving with his colleagues from the airport (civilians), he realized that those three fighters were Israelis and not Egyptians fighters. I think it was in Cairo. He never forgot this situation.

I remember when my grandfather was an air force reservist pilot during the period of the Naksa till October war. Before that he was a civilian pilot in Egyptair. He told me once that during the Naksa (i think during the first days of war) he saw three fighters doing manoeuvres like landing, taking off and other things above the runway, while he was leaving with his colleagues from the airport (civilians), he realized that those three fighters were Israelis and not Egyptians fighters. I think it was in Cairo. He never forgot this situation.

That's crazy. Thos Israelis at that time were really balsy because of 1967 until they got smacked in the face in 1973. After that they quickly stopped all that toying around and violating Egyptian air space and subsonic flights over Cairo etc. They would violate EGY air space quite frequently until they started taking SAM-2s & 6s up the tail pipe and dropping like flies. Then they started behaving themselves a bit more.

That's crazy. Thos Israelis at that time were really balsy because of 1967 until they got smacked in the face in 1973. After that they quickly stopped all that toying around and violating Egyptian air space and subsonic flights over Cairo etc. They would violate EGY air space quite frequently until they started taking SAM-2s & 6s up the tail pipe and dropping like flies. Then they started behaving themselves a bit more.
There is a video in Group 73 historian (i will send the link) where the IDF spokesman was furious when he knew that Egypt placed and built the SAM Wall.

There is a video in Group 73 historian (i will send the link) where the IDF spokesman was furious when he knew that Egypt placed and built the SAM Wall.

Hilarious the way he was talking. I remember talking to those guys from 73 Historians on another forum way back in 2011 maybe. They were just getting ready to start the group and make the animation in response to the History Channel's insulting Crazy Egyptian Pilot video. I believe that was their primary motivation to counter that narrative about the failed split S performed by the brave Egyptian pilot at 3000 feet in a MiG-21. He almost pulled it off according to the history channel but they kept referring to him as crazy. The man was trying to do everything possible to save his life and the aircraft and they just laughed at him calling him "meshugana" or crazy. Some claim he got away while the Israelis claim the MiG was upright just off the ground after the split S and trying to get airborne when they shot it down.

Hilarious the way he was talking. I remember talking to those guys from 73 Historians on another forum way back in 2011 maybe. They were just getting ready to start the group and make the animation in response to the History Channel's insulting Crazy Egyptian Pilot video. I believe that was their primary motivation to counter that narrative about the failed split S performed by the brave Egyptian pilot at 3000 feet in a MiG-21. He almost pulled it off according to the history channel but they kept referring to him as crazy. The man was trying to do everything possible to save his life and the aircraft and they just laughed at him calling him "meshugana" or crazy. Some claim he got away while the Israelis claim the MiG was upright just off the ground after the split S and trying to get airborne when they shot it down.
Sadly Egypt didn't show to the world the achievement that we did during the October and Israel stole the show. No one talks about the Operation Badr but only about the Operation Focus. Even they changed the narrative to fit their own agenda. For example, there is a famous operation called Operation Bulmus 6 (1969) where the IDF Navy SF (Sayeret Matkal) had to attack and to conquer a strategic Island called the Green Island. In this island, our SF (Sa'aka) was stationed there to protect the island. Both sides fought and our SF repelled the IDF from conquering the Island. The IDF took heavy casualties as Egypt took. But in wikipedia and other sites, they said that the IDF won the battle/operation when in reality they didn't conquer it hahaha. They are delusional. In wikipedia, they said that 6 killed and 11 wounded on israeli side but during an interview, an israeli commando officer said that his team which constituted of 42 men, only 2 were survivors without any scratch and the 40 others were either killed or wounded. So they are changing the real narrative. An egyptian soldier (Magdy Bishara) said that we defended the island and repelled them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Bulmus_6

Egyptian soldier testimony about the Operation :
https://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsCo...i-Bishara-I-was-just-an-Egyptian-soldier.aspx

Israeli Commando officier :

Last edited:
Sadly Egypt didn't show to the world the achievement that we did during the October and Israel stole the show.

Yep, exactly. I've always said the same exact thing. Plus almost all literature from Egyptian sources are written in Arabic which limits the circulation exponentially.

They are delusional. In wikipedia, they said that 6 killed and 11 wounded on israeli side but during an interview, an israeli commando officer said that his team which constituted of 42 men,

Oh they lie a lot! That's a huge part of their tactics to seem or pretend that they are powerful, or some kind of special military geniuses. We got their number long time ago and that's why they're still scared of us till this day, when we couldn't care less lol. Imagine 38 out of 40 wounded or killed by Egyptian units!!! That's what they call a "slaughter"!

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom