What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Looks like the shift to co-produce the South Korean K2 Black Panther main battle tank with the transfer of manufacturing technology is under serious negotiations. That also tells us the T-90MS contract with Russia has folded in half without a doubt. Very interesting.

View attachment 797739
Really hope the t90ms is up for grabs as that is a magnificent mbt, it also has a proven aps

@The SC @Philip the Arab
Adcom systems is not exist now how they export?!
Guys I'm really disappointed of edex
We have a ministry for military products and huge factories:(
Egypt can do very very better isn't it?
Ah alas
ADCOM gave the licence to Belarus and full TOT to Egypt before closing down..
EDEX 2021 is not bad and we only saw day one that was for VIP only.. Still there are corvettes and other ships and a few drones..and many traditional and improved or upgraded systems..

Last edited:
Looks like the shift to co-produce the South Korean K2 Black Panther main battle tank with the transfer of manufacturing technology is under serious negotiations. That also tells us the T-90MS contract with Russia has folded in half without a doubt. Very interesting.

View attachment 797739
I just read the news on Ptisi and I came here to check if you guys posted about it. If you end up buying or producing the K2...what can I say. Egypt really is on another level! Well done guys!

There are many things and many agreements as well, and the signing of many contracts today, including some things

I just read the news on Ptisi and I came here to check if you guys posted about it. If you end up buying or producing the K2...what can I say. Egypt really is on another level! Well done guys!

Yeah it's definitely pretty wild. It still begs the question we posed even back at the start of the T-90MS rumors, were questions mainly such as what was the eventual goal? With around 1,100 Abrams and approx. 2,900 M-60-A1/A3 and the 500 odds and ends between T-62s and T-80s and whatever else. that's approaching 5,000 tanks!?

So there must be some motivation for a license to build such top line tanks. I wouldn't replace the Abrams with the T-90s but there might be a strong consideration to use the K2 as a potential replacement only because that would create an actual upgrade simply because of compatibility of useful elements within the tanks themselves vs the Russian style ones. In this case, also, it gives them even more and better options than with the T-90 in that they can simply replace many of the aging M-60s and add their potency with the Abrams and have the option of always being able to upgrade them with the latest available goodies which the Americans don't allow. So that's a plus and makes the K2 a much better option than the T-90 for sure.

Yeah it's definitely pretty wild. It still begs the question we posed even back at the start of the T-90MS rumors, were questions mainly such as what was the eventual goal? With around 1,100 Abrams and approx. 2,900 M-60-A1/A3 and the 500 odds and ends between T-62s and T-80s and whatever else. that's approaching 5,000 tanks!?

So there must be some motivation for a license to build such top line tanks. I wouldn't replace the Abrams with the T-90s but there might be a strong consideration to use the K2 as a potential replacement only because that would create an actual upgrade simply because of compatibility of useful elements within the tanks themselves vs the Russian style ones. In this case, also, it gives them even more and better options than with the T-90 in that they can simply replace many of the aging M-60s and add their potency with the Abrams and have the option of always being able to upgrade them with the latest available goodies which the Americans don't allow. So that's a plus and makes the K2 a much better option than the T-90 for sure.
No,of course you can't replace the Abrams. Imagine having Abrams,T-90 and K2 in your army. Egypt will have tank superiority in armored warfare,apart from the air. And with a powerful Navy that you already have...it's great. You have a lot of old Soviet tanks and the M-60s. You could put them in storage or reduce them to half and keep the rest for spare parts.

We've heard that the deal for T-90 MS was 500 (with a potential for more).. just enough to replace the old Russian tanks in the Egyptian inventory..So it is most likely still on if not the production lines already installed and getting ready to produce them..

The K2 is in par with the M1A3 so it is a leap over the M1A2 kit that the US might provide probably with less advanced components than the US has.. K2 comes with full advanced components..This is not something to neglect in the selection..the Egyptian army knows that and is going for it..

We've heard that the deal for T-90 MS was 500 (with a potential for more).. just enough to replace the old Russian tanks in the Egyptian inventory..So it is most likely still on if not the production lines already installed and getting ready to produce them..

The K2 is in par with the M1A3 so it is a leap over the M1A2 kit that the US might provide probably with less advanced components than the US has.. K2 comes with full advanced components..This is not something to neglect in the selection..the Egyptian army knows that and is going for it..
The k2 relies on a German transmission though, and the south Koreans are having a hard time with that the last time I heard. Maybe egypt could help pick up the case by speaking to the germans or something

The k2 relies on a German transmission though, and the south Koreans are having a hard time with that the last time I heard. Maybe egypt could help pick up the case by speaking to the germans or something
Both the engine and transmission problems have been solved in South Korea..

"The second series of K2 tanks in 106 units, ordered by DAPA as an option to the contract dated December 29, 2014, was to receive engine and transmission departments of completely own South Korean design and production, including a new Doosan Infracore DV27K diesel engine with a capacity of 1500 HP and an EST15K automatic transmission from the South Korean company S & T Dynamics."

And even using German RENK transmission would not be a problem for Egypt till the South Korean Transmission system is fully ready..

Home-made transmissions earn chance of being used for K2 tanks

20200716143500250837.jpg

https://www.ajudaily.com/view/20200716142720080

ADCOM gave the licence to Belarus and full TOT to Egypt before closing down..
EDEX 2021 is not bad and we only saw day one that was for VIP only.. Still there are corvettes and other ships and a few drones..and many traditional and improved or upgraded systems..
I think the best parts of edex until now are ships projects, drones, systems (I mean every system that programmed by us) and robots
I heard NUT UAV is 100% Egyptian made does that mean even engine?
Have you account in Arab defence website?

I think the best parts of edex until now are ships projects, drones, systems (I mean every system that programmed by us) and robots
I heard NUT UAV is 100% Egyptian made does that mean even engine?
Have you account in Arab defence website?
Yes true..
100% means engine two..
I visit Arab defence often..it is interesting..

"The second series of K2 tanks in 106 units, ordered by DAPA as an option to the contract dated December 29, 2014, was to receive engine and transmission departments of completely own South Korean design and production, including a new Doosan Infracore DV27K diesel engine with a capacity of 1500 HP and an EST15K automatic transmission from the South Korean company S & T Dynamics."

And even using German RENK transmission would not be a problem for Egypt till the South Korean Transmission system is fully ready..

20200716143500250837.jpg

Then there should be no problem whatsoever, just hate how they can't roid up those abrams

20200716143500250837.jpg

Do they come in lighter version

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom