What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Not convinced by the Tejas.. looks cheap..

I think it was quite the ambitious project from start to finish. Good for anyone who pulls off anything like that. Reminds me of when Egypt was building the HA-300 back in the late 50s into the 60s. There ended up being some tradeoff with India when Egypt had to put the very promising building of the aircraft aside due to 1967 and ensuing wars. Shame. But there was that connection with India way back then.

Considering there was such ambition within the Egyptian military and military technology development, the paranoia of having foreign engineers assisting in the project made the future development of anything as ambitious as that a very difficult proposition. But that's not the sole reason for nothing of that caliber ever happening again in the last 60 years, this might not be the right choice for the EAF, even with ToT to create experience in starting a completely indigenous project. No knock on the Tejas itself, at all, from my perspective. As a matter of fact, I applaud the result. I just don't think it's the right choice for the EAF at this point, considering the direction it's going with its choice of aircraft.

Checkmate made in Egypt with TOT seems to be a very good option for 2026 and beyond..

Agreed, especially if the Su-35 deal is good and through, and the future plan would be to either increase the numbers of Su-35s along with the MiG-35s and new orders of Su-57, or in this case, swap the Su-57 with the Su-75 Checkmate if it's possible. They would have to override CAATSA again as well as be able to strike a satisfactory deal with Russia. Both very difficult propositions but I think they're more appropriate choices that would be in line with the needs of the EAF than the Tejas.

BTW, I haven't followed much on the development of the RAF F-35B that crashed slightly northwest of Port Said 3 days ago? Haven't heard much of the recovery effort but I'm guessing they probably pulled her out already. The QE had just exited northbound of the Suez Canal when the aircraft crashed shortly after takeoff. Pilot safely ejected and was successfully rescued but haven't hear anything on the aircraft's recovery effort.

1637547511471.png

1637547744162.png

1637547770907.png

More from Medusa 11.

1637550527601.png

EAF F-16 Blck 40 with the GE engine (unlike the blck 52s that are equipped with the Pratt & Whitney engines) taking off from one of the Greek Islands and this aircraft has some very interesting markings on the front fuselage, right between the end of the LERX and the beginning of the radome. I've never seen EAF F-16s with any markings, aside from the ones we're familiar with, but never a series of many smaller ones together like that. Almost looks like scores or hits markings. Anyone seen those before or know what they are?

Double click to enlarge and get HD to see them a little better. Still hard to tell.
1637551144220.png

El Fateh Gowind 2500.

1637550596099.png

1637550619229.png

One of the nicer EAF Rafale pics we've seen, and a rare one with AASM HAMMERs on, and probably a pair of MICAs IRs on the wingtips.

1637550699749.png

More from Medusa 11.

View attachment 795904

EAF F-16 Blck 40 with the GE engine (unlike the blck 52s that are equipped with the Pratt & Whitney engines) taking off from one of the Greek Islands and this aircraft has some very interesting markings on the front fuselage, right between the end of the LERX and the beginning of the radome. I've never seen EAF F-16s with any markings, aside from the ones we're familiar with, but never a series of many smaller ones together like that. Almost looks like scores or hits markings. Anyone seen those before or know what they are?

Double click to enlarge and get HD to see them a little better. Still hard to tell.
View attachment 795909

El Fateh Gowind 2500.

View attachment 795905

View attachment 795906

One of the nicer EAF Rafale pics we've seen, and a rare one with AASM HAMMERs on, and probably a pair of MICAs IRs on the wingtips.

View attachment 795907
Alright, enough hiding weapons, I know its done for a reason but it really annoys me

Alright, enough hiding weapons, I know its done for a reason but it really annoys me

Are you referring to the Rafale pic, specifically? Or something else? On the Rafale, I think it's just the angle of the picture that hides the wingtip mounted MICAs, and not necessarily purposely keeping them out of the viewfinder. But I could be wrong and if that was indeed the case, I'm with you gimme a break, right? Why this time when they've showed them many other times, lol? So I don't think there's any "intended" hiding in that aspect.

Nice patch for Medusa 11 participants. Check out Medusa in the middle! Love it. She's been a huge feature in many, many movies as her character exudes that obvious and certain element of mystical power and fear and other sensations that she's had many parts in many flicks. But the one that really stands out to me, of course, is Medusa in the Clash of the Titans. They made her look and act amazing in that flick.

Love the way they drew her in the middle of the patch here which reminded me of that movie.

1637604019271.png

Appears to be a Greek TV anchor on board one of the Mistrals and man can she flap a constant yap looool. She was told not to go beyond a certain area by one of the Egyptian yellow-shirts (those in charge of deck safety) and next thing you know, she's making a dash for one of the Seahawk helos lol. But a very neat perspective of Medusa 11.

I think it was quite the ambitious project from start to finish. Good for anyone who pulls off anything like that. Reminds me of when Egypt was building the HA-300 back in the late 50s into the 60s. There ended up being some tradeoff with India when Egypt had to put the very promising building of the aircraft aside due to 1967 and ensuing wars. Shame. But there was that connection with India way back then.

Considering there was such ambition within the Egyptian military and military technology development, the paranoia of having foreign engineers assisting in the project made the future development of anything as ambitious as that a very difficult proposition. But that's not the sole reason for nothing of that caliber ever happening again in the last 60 years, this might not be the right choice for the EAF, even with ToT to create experience in starting a completely indigenous project. No knock on the Tejas itself, at all, from my perspective. As a matter of fact, I applaud the result. I just don't think it's the right choice for the EAF at this point, considering the direction it's going with its choice of aircraft.

Agreed, especially if the Su-35 deal is good and through, and the future plan would be to either increase the numbers of Su-35s along with the MiG-35s and new orders of Su-57, or in this case, swap the Su-57 with the Su-75 Checkmate if it's possible. They would have to override CAATSA again as well as be able to strike a satisfactory deal with Russia. Both very difficult propositions but I think they're more appropriate choices that would be in line with the needs of the EAF than the Tejas.

BTW, I haven't followed much on the development of the RAF F-35B that crashed slightly northwest of Port Said 3 days ago? Haven't heard much of the recovery effort but I'm guessing they probably pulled her out already. The QE had just exited northbound of the Suez Canal when the aircraft crashed shortly after takeoff. Pilot safely ejected and was successfully rescued but haven't hear anything on the aircraft's recovery effort.

View attachment 795895

View attachment 795897

View attachment 795898
Bro..the Indian effort is ambitious and a good step forward for them. it is just the end-product that is disappointing..

The last I've heard about that British lost F-35B.. The Russians and the Brits were racing to that spot..LOL

Last edited:
Alright guys I heard a country has missles to defend the ethiopian dam if the egys decide to do something, is this true? Also @Gomig-21 I referred to all of them not the rafale. Really getting tired of seeing an egyptian identity in military and we can't see em

It's due to political reasons not millitary

Besides the Dam is not up yet but once it does if diplomacy fails last resort option is military but the dam is not up yet hence there is no military needed besides Ethiopia is in full flegde civil war currently which means Military option has become even less likely or might never happen at this point

Besides the Dam is not up yet but once it does if diplomacy fails last resort option is military but the dam is not up yet hence there is no military needed besides Ethiopia is in full flegde civil war currently which means Military option has become even less likely or might never happen at this point
I heard the tigrayans and oromians won't have access to the water supplied by the dam even after its on, idk if thats true though

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom