What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Absolutely incredible! We all pretty much knew that the Egyptian Armed Forces -- in particular the EADS -- was quite elaborate and sophisticated, but this showed a whole new side of how Egypt works out all the different makes and models from the different sources to work under one system. It really is remarkable. I hadn't seen this one before and they mentioned the Protivnik GE but not the Resonance NE which means that this video, as elaborate as it is shows Egypt's radar systems along with its EW warfare capabilities from the ground prior to the arrival of the Resonance NE.

They also mentioned OTH for Over The Horizon Russian radars that are currently being used in Western Russia which seems the EADS is quite interested in. I love the part where they are hardly concerned about any of the stealth aircraft! Really great stuff.

On a separate note, Medusa 11 with our Greek partners including Cyprus and the UAE.

1637379544729.png

1637379562980.png

1637379591598.png

1637379608195.png

1637380355257.png

@Foinikas , I'm going to open a Hellenic Military/Armed Forces thread, but what should we call it, Hellenic Armed Forced and include everything in it, kinda like this thread? Or would you prefer a different name?
BTW, really appreciate the effort you and @Titanium100 put up against the viscous anti-Egyptian attackers on that other thread which I knew would be trouble the minute I saw @The SC open it. But it's not his fault that children can't behave properly and get so triggered over a silly comment that they go ballistic like spoiled little brats. Sad, but thanks to both of you for the strong defensive effort. We used to get involved in those but found out quickly they're not worth it, especially for us older guys lol. Let me know about a name for that thread. Just got a great collection of HAF Mirage 2000 pics.

Last edited:
Absolutely incredible! We all pretty much knew that the Egyptian Armed Forces -- in particular the EADS -- was quite elaborate and sophisticated, but this showed a whole new side of how Egypt works out all the different makes and models from the different sources to work under one system. It really is remarkable. I hadn't seen this one before and they mentioned the Protivnik GE but not the Resonance SE which means that this video, as elaborate as it is shows Egypt's radar systems along with its EW warfare capabilities from the ground was prior the arrival of the Resonance SE.

They're also mentioned OTH for Over The Horizon Russian radars that are currently being used in Western Russia which seems the EADS is quite interested in. I love the part where they are hardly concerned about any of the stealth aircraft! Really great stuff.

On a separate not, Medusa 11 with our Greek partners including Cyprus and the UAE.

View attachment 794889

View attachment 794890

View attachment 794891

View attachment 794892

View attachment 794896

@Foinikas , I'm going to open a Hellenic Military thread, but what should we call it, Hellenic Armed Forced and include everything in it kinda like this thread or would you prefer a different name?
BTW, really appreciate the effort you and @Titanium100 put up against the viscous anti-Egyptian attackers on that other thread which I knew would be trouble the minute I saw @The SC open it. But it's not his fault that children can't behave properly and get so triggered over a silly comment they go ballistic like spoiled little brats. Sad, but thanks to both of you for the strong defensive effort. We used to get involved in those but found out quickly they're not worth it, especially for us older guys lol. Let me know about a name for that thread. Just got a great collection of HAF Mirage 2000 pics.
You can see the Resonance SE on the video from 2: 40 to 2: 60..

This is just what Egypt wants to show.. there is more..

The Medusa exercises are getting more sophisticated and comprehensive by the day..

BTW, really appreciate the effort you and @Titanium100 put up against the viscous anti-Egyptian attackers on that other thread which I knew would be trouble the minute I saw @The SC open it.
I've given up trying to argue with them, it will just lead nowhere except a ban.

The mods should be more vigilante in dealing with it. There needs to be a new protocol that protects ''Arabs'' in place.. @waz @The Eagle @LeGenD

Our Arab brothers are highly respected members of our community their input is highly appreciated. I even got that Algerian anti-Arab prema-banned who was going after any MENA country that is allied with Morocoo.. He was going after Arab sensibilities and went to far in spamming. Which will not be tolerated here.

We stand together with OUR brothers undoubtedly--- It is high time the MOD bounces off to the afterlife these who systemically attempt to troll... This rule really needs to be enforced.. Not only for Arabs but for everyone else including..

Last edited:
You can see the Resonance SE on the video from 2: 40 to 2: 60..

You're right, I missed it because they actually showed a picture of the OTH radar set up in Russia right in conjunction with mentioning the Resonance ENUEEE lol. Love the way he pronounced that.

This is just what Egypt wants to show.. there is more..

Much more that doesn't need to be shown. One other neat aspect is the mention of the German IRIST-T-SL. There was a bit of doubt (from others) that system did not exist and that it wasn't true that Egypt had in fact bought 8 batteries and are connected with the entire network. Another great example of that integration.

The mods should be more vigilante in dealing with it. There needs to be a new protocol that protects ''Arabs'' in place.. @waz @The Eagle @LeGenD

Our Arabs are highly respect members of our community their input is highly appreciated. I even got that Algerian anti-Arab prema-banned who was going after any MENA country that is allied with Morocoo..

We stand together with OUR brothers undoubtedly

Well we certainly appreciate members like yourself, there's no question about that. Leading by example is the best way to go about it.

Granted what Joker said about the JF-17 wasn't appropriate, on the other hand, the argument should've been restricted to what he said about the aircraft and not about turning it into the diaherra of insults towards every single Egyptian and Arab. That's the difference between adults and children really. But it also reveals a very ugly truth, unfortunately.

Granted what Joker said about the JF-17 wasn't appropriate, on the other hand, the argument should've been restricted to what he said about the aircraft and not about turning it into the diaherra of insults towards every single Egyptian and Arab. That's the difference between adults and children really. But it also reveals a very ugly truth, unfortunately.

The entire forum needs re-focus because I have also noticed fake news tends to get traffic and real serious important news gets bypassed this is one of the strange things I can't wrap my head around this place.. It has become much better ones Indian news sources lost credibility and stopped being reported on here

@Foinikas , I'm going to open a Hellenic Military thread, but what should we call it, Hellenic Armed Forced and include everything in it kinda like this thread or would you prefer a different name?
BTW, really appreciate the effort you and
N3am akhy,open it. I will post photos from my collection 😎

Absolutely incredible! We all pretty much knew that the Egyptian Armed Forces -- in particular the EADS -- was quite elaborate and sophisticated, but this showed a whole new side of how Egypt works out all the different makes and models from the different sources to work under one system. It really is remarkable. I hadn't seen this one before and they mentioned the Protivnik GE but not the Resonance SE which means that this video, as elaborate as it is shows Egypt's radar systems along with its EW warfare capabilities from the ground was prior the arrival of the Resonance SE.

They're also mentioned OTH for Over The Horizon Russian radars that are currently being used in Western Russia which seems the EADS is quite interested in. I love the part where they are hardly concerned about any of the stealth aircraft! Really great stuff.

On a separate not, Medusa 11 with our Greek partners including Cyprus and the UAE.

View attachment 794889

View attachment 794890

View attachment 794891

View attachment 794892

View attachment 794896

BTW, really appreciate the effort you and @Titanium100 put up against the viscous anti-Egyptian attackers on that other thread which I knew would be trouble the minute I saw @The SC open it. But it's not his fault that children can't behave properly and get so triggered over a silly comment they go ballistic like spoiled little brats. Sad, but thanks to both of you for the strong defensive effort. We used to get involved in those but found out quickly they're not worth it, especially for us older guys lol. Let me know about a name for that thread. Just got a great collection of HAF Mirage 2000 pics.

Exercises with Cyprus and Greece? I didn't know South Cyprus had a fleet

Exercises with Cyprus and Greece? I didn't know South Cyprus had a fleet

Mostly off shore patrol vessels, fast attack crafts and fast patrol boats. They were supposed to finally get a pair of Gowind Corvettes in 2013 but somehow that whole deal got sunk, no pun intended. Too bad, they would've finally had a couple of large and well-armed corvettes to build on.

They have quite the extensive marine special forces for boarding vessels and keeping track of illegal migrants etc. Most of these Medusa exercises with the Cypriot Navy involve those special forces and boarding techniques etc.

Mostly off shore patrol vessels, fast attack crafts and fast patrol boats. They were supposed to finally get a pair of Gowind Corvettes in 2013 but somehow that whole deal got sunk, no pun intended. Too bad, they would've finally had a couple of large and well-armed corvettes to build on.

They have quite the extensive marine special forces for boarding vessels and keeping track of illegal migrants etc. Most of these Medusa exercises with the Cypriot Navy involve those special forces and boarding techniques etc.

South cyprus is basically a greek vessal state?

South cyprus is basically a greek vessal state?

Well, it's basically another Greek island (I lived there for 3 years back in the early 70's) and so after the war and separation of south and north etc., there has also been a very well established Mediterranean economic zone that mainly includes gas exploration, shipping and security pacts between Greece and Cyprus and just recently, because of Egypt having the only 2 LNG plants in the Mediterranean Sea, as well as signing a major agreement for the EEZ demarcation line with Greece and Cyprus, all 3 countries have basically become a single, Mediterranean power pact as well as some other recent NATO stuff that involved the building of underwater pipes to transfer electricity and all sorts of other things that have brought the 3 nations together like never before. So no, despite the historical connections as well as all these economic and military pacts being signed, nothing really signifies South Cyprus as a vassal state to Greece.

@joker87 , bos el gamal da! Double click so you get full size high res. El bet de shaklaha 7elwa awi. :-)

1637523798269.png

And a very interesting picture of a RAF Typhoon alongside EAF Rafale and F-16 blk52.

1637524208027.png

Well, it's basically another Greek island (I lived there for 3 years back in the early 70's) and so after the war and separation of south and north etc., there has also been a very well established Mediterranean economic zone that mainly includes gas exploration, shipping and security pacts between Greece and Cyprus and just recently, because of Egypt having the only 2 LNG plants in the Mediterranean Sea, as well as signing a major agreement for the EEZ demarcation line with Greece and Cyprus, all 3 countries have basically become a single, Mediterranean power pact as well as some other recent NATO stuff that involved the building of underwater pipes to transfer electricity and all sorts of other things that have brought the 3 nations together like never before. So no, despite the historical connections as well as all these economic and military pacts being signed, nothing really signifies South Cyprus as a vassal state to Greece.

@joker87 , bos el gamal da! Double click so you get full size high res. El bet de shaklaha 7elwa awi. :-)

View attachment 795855

And a very interesting picture of a RAF Typhoon alongside EAF Rafale and F-16 blk52.

View attachment 795857

The Greeks are just terrified these days for no reason if you ask me they are starting to remind me about Algeria and is this some sort of mediterranean thing to be hysterical even when there is no need to be like Algeria who thinks everyone in the region is plotting against them and always press release garbage in the Algerian media with hysteria and delusional alarmism or maybe this sells papers in these said mediteranean countries it is perhaps regional cultural thing. I guess it has also something to do with Turkey's power just growing significiantly despite Turkey not being direct hostile in this time and age they feel hysteria like someone who got punch-drunk and jittery without logical reasoning. Just because Turkey advanced past most countries in the area and perhaps most countries in Europe and Asia aside from China being the only exception because the have made a great leap.

The Turks don't generally view the Egyptians or the Greeks as adversary despite Egypt being a regional power Turkey's desire with Egypt is frinedly likewise with Greece. The Greeks have been little annoying tho for the turks because they are constantly mouthy. Turkey geninuely views Greece as small and harmless country and militarily they won't be a chellenge for the next 1000 years so Turkey couldn't really care to bother.

Last edited:

View attachment 795855

View attachment 795857
Not convinced by the Tejas.. looks cheap..

Checkmate made in Egypt with TOT seems to be a very good option for 2026 and beyond..

Not convinced by the Tejas.. looks cheap..

Checkmate made in Egypt with TOT seems to be a very good option for 2026 and beyond..

Cheap is an understatement..

Btw is there any info on checkmate how good is it compared to other jets?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom