What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

👆🤔🤔🤔
1634233633663.png

Should @Philip the Arab 's suggestion be true, the only thing that stands between Al-Tariq and Egyptian MiG-29s, Rafales and future Su-35s is a pylon designed for it.

Today, October 14th is Egyptian Air Force Day, commemorating the great battle of Al Mansoura and the trouncing of the Israeli Air Force and their douche F-4s & A-4s lol by mostly the EAF MiG-21s and a few MiG-17s. The filthy enemy took a pounding by our boys and their heroic effort that sent those scum fleeing like the filth they were, in shock and terror that they saw a completely new class or Egyptian warriors in their cockpits. This is essentially the main reason why they're so afraid of the Egyptian Air Force since this day and do EVERYTHING in their power to keep the EAF down and incapable of acquiring the high end weapons, mainly the top of the line fighters and especially the top BVR missiles. But times a' changing, ever since the Rafale has been purchased and the door opened. They just need to keep their foot down on the throttle and don't let up, exactly why they need to induct the Su-30SEs and put an order for the Su-57 and keep adding to the MiG-35 and Rafales.

1634250152995.png

Ya shabab! Ptisi had this article today:

Helwa awi ya gameel! Did you see this?

Hellenic Navy HS Kanaris S-class frigate makes port call at Alexandria Naval base, conducts a PASSEX with the Egyptian Navy FFG-911 Oliver Hazard Perry-class frigate.

1634249385940.png

1634249403682.png

1634249418796.png

1634249431735.png

These ones (ENS Taba FFG 916) is with the US Navy's USS O'Kane (DDG 77), part of the 5th Fleet.

1634251328872.png

1634251357094.png

1634251401248.png

That Egyptian ship has the relatively newly installed Thales SMART-S Mk2 Radar you can see just ahead of the main mast, that white squarish box on top of its own tower. We posted about it before with superb capabilities.

The new electricity deal between our countries will be signed tomorrow ISA.
Egypt Energy Ministers to sign a deal this week on implementing an electricity interconnection project, TA NEA.

1634251143692.png

Today the signatures for the electricity interconnection between Greece and Egypt - An agreement of great geopolitical importance | GREECE | iefimerida.gr

1634250947501.png

Nice new pic of EAF Rafales patrolling the north coast with that turquoise water and white sand beaches of the Mediterranean Sea. Almost as beautiful as the Greek islands in the northern Med and the historical Aegean Sea. They're both equipped with the triple racks HAMMER PGM pylons, which might be while they're on a return course from dropping off some presents on the Libyan/Egyptian border, cleaning up the pest infestation from Libya that tries to penetrate the border into Egypt. Some house cleaning!

1634249689562.png

The three primary EAF fighters in line. F-16 blck 52, MiG-29M/M2/35, Rafale DM. Beautiful sight and how nice would it be if the Su-35SE was also in line?

1634250439180.png

I forget which KH missile that is, mounted on the MiG-29M along with an R-77 and a pair of R-73s.

1634250667018.png

Nice lineup of EAF Ka-52 Alligators attack helicopters.

1634252399219.png

@Foinikas , is there a Hellenic Air Force thread? Let me know so I can check it out. If not we should open one up. A lot of great pics of the HAF out there.

Last edited:

Very interesting modification on an AIM-7 Sparrow, but could also be a photoshop.

As far as the KH missile on the MiG-29M, I remember when the order was being tested in Russia and the list of munitions was mentioned, they were as follows:

R-77 Air-to-Air Missile
R-73 Air-to-Air Missile
KH-38 Air-to-Ground Missile
KH-31 Air-To-Ground Anti-Ship Missile
T-220 Targeting Pod

1634253563540.png

Very interesting modification on an AIM-7 Sparrow, but could also be a photoshop.

As far as the KH missile on the MiG-29M, I remember when the order was being tested in Russia and the list of munitions was mentioned, they were as follows:

R-77 Air-to-Air Missile
R-73 Air-to-Air Missile
KH-38 Air-to-Ground Missile
KH-31 Air-To-Ground Anti-Ship Missile
T-220 Targeting Pod

View attachment 785133
X35
بل ظهرت في فيديو القوات الجوية ، لكنها من طراز Sparrow أو Aram أو أي نوع محلي آخر مع تكنولوجيا دولة أخرى. لا أدري ، لكني سأرفق لكم مجموعة من الصور
1634233633663.png
1634238237561.jpeg
800px-AIM-120_AMRAAM.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if you could trick guidance computer into thinking its launching a Sparrow when in reality its launching a different BVR missile.

Chinese did that with Russian aircraft and Turks did that with their F-16s I think.

Also, there might be a turbojet powered variant of the Al Tariq under development or a Halcon cruise missile under development that can be integrated on the EAF F-16s.

Btw the Thunder-P3 series from Halcon is also wirelessly integrated which means the EAF has a source of LJDAM type munitions if needed.

I think a joint TPOD development program would be useful only if it could be integrated on F-16s, Rafales, and Mirages. Egypt has the engineers and expertise for the optical part and UAE has the engineers, expertise for the electromechanical, and aircraft certification.

It probably wouldnt be the best of the best but if it exceeds the older generation of TPODs I would call it a success.

Last edited:
X35
بل ظهرت في فيديو القوات الجوية ، لكنها من طراز Sparrow أو Aram أو أي نوع محلي آخر مع تكنولوجيا دولة أخرى. لا أدري ، لكني سأرفق لكم مجموعة من الصور

View attachment 785141

That is really interesting. The lens is obviously a new type of seeker on it instead of the older, built-in one. I haven't seen the video you mentioned but will look for it.

That missile is obviously like you said, either a locally produced copy or a US collaboration of some kind with that new seeker/guidance kit mounted on the radome at the end of the forward antenna bar on the bottom, which I couldn't find any information about it online. It must be something very new and not available to show yet is my guess. The fins also look like new ones and slightly longer than the other earlier model Sparrow with the shorter fins like the one in your pic below. But they've had the longer fins for a while now from the few pics we get to see.

But that and the Tariq are all good signs that there is some new items being added to the F-16s to improve their capabilities. That's a good sign, especially the air-to-air munitions.

Last edited:
I wonder if you could trick guidance computer into thinking its launching a Sparrow when in reality its launching a different BVR missile.

From the limited information that I know, I think that as long as the AC's computer gets a signal from whichever missile that informs it as being a Sparrow, it can at least recognize the missile and continue procedure. That's where one of the tough parts would be, that you would have to get into the missile's circuit board and change -- or more likely add -- the chip of a Sparrow so that the computer gets that signal and not the one of the actual missile, whatever it may be. Then once the missile is fired and reaches a certain distance, it switches back to its own software so that it can activate its own guidance and continue on it course and complete its route. By then it probably needs to be completely dependent from the aircraft's computer, so it would also depend on whether the missile is a heat-seeking or radar guided one. The other challenge is that all these commands are operated via the aircraft's data link, which the missile AND the radar need to be compatible. Even if it's a heat seeking sensor on the missile, it still needs to get information from the computer as well as be within the radar detection range. And if its a radar guided missile, it'll need to be within the radar's engagement range. So you have computer recognition adjustments to make, dual data link capability and the right radar for BVR distances to be compatible to the missile's range. I suspect it's not an easy task.

I did read somewhere (now this is vague memory so I could be wrong) that some of the more recent and super advanced mission computers on newer aircraft already have some type of an additional "setting," so to speak, to add a program to receive the software or whatever munition you're adding. Similar to an 'auxiliary" terminal in laymen terms lol. Then it becomes a much easier task that is simply relegated to software inputs and adjustments.

Also, there might be a turbojet powered variant of the Al Tariq under development or a Halcon cruise missile under development that can be integrated on the EAF F-16s.

Btw the Thunder-P3 series from Halcon is also wirelessly integrated which means the EAF has a source of LJDAM type munitions if needed.

I think a joint TPOD development program would be useful only if it could be integrated on F-16s, Rafales, and Mirages. Egypt has the engineers and expertise for the optical part and UAE has the engineers, expertise for the electromechanical, and aircraft certification.

It probably wouldnt be the best of the best but if it exceeds the older generation of TPODs I would call it a success.

It looks like they're well into working with Halcon on these things, just based on the two pics we've seen of the EAF's Mirage 2Ks and F-16blck 52s carrying Al Tariqs. It only makes sense that they'll be trying several of the other munitions once they're ready, especially now with US permission on the Vipers.

BTW, does it appear to you that the block-2 is mounted upside down?
And which other munition do you know of that the UAE is testing or trying out on their jets?

Chinese did that with Russian aircraft and Turks did that with their F-16s I think.

The source code is one thing and opens the possibility of merging new weapons on a platform.. the other which is the usual is the API or object codes, the first is very difficult and the second is easy, and it is mostly intended in all reports, even if they mention the source code ..

The object code or API enables you t only o use the software without knowing the source code, it is useful in integrating weapons and other stuff, but you cannot improve the software or use it in other systems.

Companies never provide the src code because it gives the possibility to build from where they left off, and even manufacture the electronic parts themselves (Avionics Hardware, etc.)..

Al-TARIQ bomb is basically an American Mark bomb, but changed from dumb bomb to smart bomb by equippig it with guidance devices called Al-Tariq.. that's what it is..

Last edited:
BTW, does it appear to you that the block-2 is mounted upside down?
No, its mounted just like it was on the F-16 Block 60s seen at the Dubai Airshow.
1634337406109.png

And which other munition do you know of that the UAE is testing or trying out on their jets?
Nasef will likely be integrated on the M2K, the Thunder PGM is integrated on UAEAF M2K and fired wirelessly like the Al Tariq, the new glide kit or cruise missile seen in the Halcon video.

We shall see much more at the Dubai Airshow in Novemeber which is approaching quickly. They have hired a lot more personnel in the last 9 months since IDEX including many principal engineers in fields such as radar, optics, propulsion, etc.

Attachments

• 1634336907114.png
    1634336907114.png
    906.3 KB · Views: 16
The hour of truth is nearView attachment 785374

Men bo2ak lbab el sama ya s3at el beh! 🤤

This might be a block 2 Al Tariq

This is great, just found it. From minute 0.34 shows it mounted upside down on a CGI F-14 Tomcat and then @ minute 0.41 shows it dismounted and spinning as winglets are opening up! Very cool just like we predicted. Amazing adjustment feature.

No, its mounted just like it was on the F-16 Block 60s seen at the Dubai Airshow.

Yeah that's what I meant, it's upside down. Winglets are on top when it's flying. Once it's dropped, it spins right side up lol. That's great.

@Gomig-21
If Halcon develops something like the Spear-3, or GBU-53 it would be very useful for the EAF and UAEAF. That is all I really need to satisfy my needs.

Integration on both countries F-16s would be needed. They have the expertise for developing various guidance seekers, and modes for the missile.

1634338254458.png

After that, they should develop something the JSOW category that can be converted to a JSOW-ER with the addition of a turbojet. The stealth kit we saw may be similar to what I am asking for but we must wait and see.

1634338468557.png

@Gomig-21
If Halcon develops something like the Spear-3, or GBU-53 it would be very useful for the EAF and UAEAF. That is all I really need to satisfy my needs.

Integration on both countries F-16s would be needed. They have the expertise for developing various guidance seekers, and modes for the missile.

View attachment 785395

lol, never mind! :lol: That was the pylon to the belly tank lmao. Definitely seeing things!

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom