What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

When is Egypt supposed to get first T-90MS tanks and Iris-T SLM systems?

What is difficult is easy for the Egyptian Navy to get
They are the masters of the Eastern Mediterranean, gentlemen
Reports from Cairo indicate that talks are underway between Egypt and French shipbuilder Naval Group to purchase SMX31E submarines.

The SMX31E, which is still under development, is an all-electric submarine that does not have diesel generators and does not carry fuel.

Its batteries can quickly generate enough power for more than 60 days of operation at 5 knots, and over 30 days at 8 knots.

The submarine is designed to host up to 15 crew members, and is capable of launching different types of UAVs,
Including large unmanned underwater vehicles (UUVs) that can be used to deploy remote sensors.

Talks between Egypt and the Naval Group are still in their early stages, and there are many details that still need to be ironed out and agreed upon between the two sides.

Sources close to the situation say that Egypt is particularly interested in the SMX31E's increased independent capabilities..And advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technology, and its ability to store electrical energy, which allows for a longer dive time and faster propulsion speed.

This might be a side deal along the Scorpene subs..

Last edited:
I believe there will be no T-90MS, in 2020 Egypt was said to be investing in a local design.
Not sure about IRIS-T SLM...
Reports from Cairo indicate that talks are underway between Egypt and French shipbuilder Naval Group to purchase SMX31E submarines.

The SMX31E, which is still under development, is an all-electric submarine that does not have diesel generators and does not carry fuel.

Its batteries can quickly generate enough power for more than 60 days of operation at 5 knots, and over 30 days at 8 knots.

The submarine is designed to host up to 15 crew members, and is capable of launching different types of UAVs,
Including large unmanned underwater vehicles (UUVs) that can be used to deploy remote sensors.

Talks between Egypt and the Naval Group are still in their early stages, and there are many details that still need to be ironed out and agreed upon between the two sides.

Sources close to the situation say that Egypt is particularly interested in the SMX31E's increased independent capabilities..And advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technology, and its ability to store electrical energy, which allows for a longer dive time and faster propulsion speed.
Please remove if it’s the article’s body.
I think Egypt can be asking for a nuclear-powered version instead.

Egypt will build the production line which takes a few years.. the T-90MS is coming with ToT..just like the Abrams..

Iris-T SLM system is most likely already in Egypt.. not everything delivered is announced right away..it might take years before seeing it.. like in the case of TOR system..
I believe there will be no T-90MS, in 2020 Egypt was said to be investing in a local design.
Not sure about IRIS-T SLM...

Please remove if it’s the article’s body.
I think Egypt can be asking for a nuclear-powered version instead.
- The local MBT design will be based on the T-90MS..

- Yes that is the full article in response to @joker87 post..

- A nuclear-powered version is a bit farfetched..

Last edited:
The LRIS-T system, the 7 batteries have already been delivered and they are in Egypt. As for the submarines issue, I know that Egypt is negotiating a type other than the Scorpion 2000, with two pieces, as well as non-laser systems and other defensive systems, as well as the manufacture of a Mica missile of various types in the East Port Said region
I talked a while ago about the development of F16 and merging ammunition on it, and ammunition has already appeared on it, and there are also other ammunitions
Knowing that the two countries mentioned Portugal and Greece
Here are some special F16 tweets with Portugal and also check out new armored vehicles, including 2 general purposes that carry all the good stuff on them
and also a British visit to deals and military cooperation

i wonder where all the money come from to buy this expensive weapons

SU-35 is getting alot of hype recently. I am out of the loop fill me in

Wut up wut up wut wup, maaaan?! Long time no see you on this thread, homestyle? You should check in a lot more frequently, bossman.

So the mysterious Su-35SE; E for Egypt that we made up over here on this thread, BTW, @The SC and myself were talking about it and we said wut the heII, let's call it the SE to make it specially for Egypt because that is what it is, a special model just for Egypt that will alter the balance of air power in the entire ME, even with Israel. So he and I do get the credit for that designation just FYI and don't let anyone tell you otherwise, dangit. :D

But from the info we have so far, Egypt is gonna have to give the US the middle finger on CAATSA and just bring them out. Not worry about the consequences since if you look at the list of likely countries to get sanctioned by the US, the turkeys are listed as a higher probability than Egypt, and the US is already aware that there are at least 5 -- most likely around 17 -- Su-35SEs already in Egypt. Either they do that, or the great Sisi has something up his sleeve as far as working out a deal with the US to not get all bent out of shape and start thinking about sanctioning Egypt since that will only spell trouble for both countries, as well as create havoc and destabilization in the ME. Neither wants that and that aircraft is a MUST for the EAF. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Perhaps Sisi is working the back channels with the US in his usual, calm, non-panicky and super diplomatic way while coming up with a solution that will calm the US down and allow the EAF to unveil and induct those beautiful beast of the air, InshaAllah.

And according to @joker87 , he has inside information that in fact at least 5 are in Egypt and being flown (additionally to the testing that was going on in Russia) with Egyptian pilots AND will soon be revealed. That is the latest and we're just waiting on that unveiling any day now. Stay tuned.

Unfortunately, it is not Miko 300, but there is a source who spoke that his Alexandria arsenal will actually make 3 pieces, bringing the number to 6 pieces

The SC was not saying the Meko 300 is what Egypt ordered. He and all of us know the EN ordered the Meko 200, he was just asking me if I had seen the Meko 300 and that it might be a possibility in the future IF the EN orders more that they would order the Meko 300, later. Khaleek ma3ana ya Osta.

Very, very, very interesting. Not only do we see for the 2nd or maybe 3rd time ONLY the super heavy weapons the Mrage 2K in the EAF carries, wow. Those are some pretty big bombas yanhar abyad w'm3asel! That is some serious ordinance! Kussomen talata 3al hemeer el buy2oulo Masr m3andahash 7aga keda. Put those with the MiG-29M's KH-38 they just showed video of it today dropping that massive bomba in Sinai that created an explosion they probably heard not only in tel aviv khawal, but in estambul khara also looooool.

OH, and also, it appears they have NOT retired all the Mirage Vs it seems! Nice to see it there as well as the Alpha Jet. The Alpha can be flown for another 10 years if they want. It also carries some of those heavy bombas as well as the Exocet. Not bad for that little crap-kicking jet.

What is difficult is easy for the Egyptian Navy to get
They are the masters of the Eastern Mediterranean, gentlemen

That is wonderful news, and what an ugly-looking submarine. I hope they didn't give up on the Scorpene and settle for these. They have some new technology that is all electrically powered to keep with the new changes in military technology and it's great to see the Egyptian Navy working on that and keeping up with those new technology trends.

Sweet R-73 being fired from a MiG-29M/M2

1634599653512.png

F-16 with a pair of Mavericks. Don't see that munition very often.

1634599735506.png

1634599748692.png

Some rare, E-2C interior imagery. Only once before did we see the inside of the E-2C.

1634599800225.png

1634599820992.png

1634599834445.png

i wonder where all the money come from to buy this expensive weapons

Egypt is not only a lot richer than many people think because they have this silly idea that is stuck in their head that the only way it can buy all these expensive weapons is if Saudi Arabia and the UAE pay for it ROTFLMAO! I guess you finally realized that's not the case and has NEVER been the case, right?

I suggest you go skim through the "projects & development" thread that @The SC opened and updates almost every day, and you will see how much Egypt's economy has developed and has risen with its GDP and exports in many, many fields. Not to mention the huge gas reserves it has been not only exporting, but has made Egypt fully dependent on its own gas products and does not import it anymore. That thread is in the Middle East section.

Not gonna happen. Last I heard they are going to keep it in Russia to avoid CAATSA and be operated by expat Egyptian pilots and service crew.

Come owwwnnn, maaan! Cut the crap, Austin Powers! "Last you heard"? Where did you hear that crazy rubbish? Tell us, please. I'd love to know how a Chinese/Canadian seems to know more than us Egyptians? This should be gold.

But before you answer that with some more craziness, why the hell would Egyptian pilots operate the Su-35SEs out of Russia?! What good will that do and where will they fly to and do what, exactly?! Do you realize how far Russia is from Egypt, even it's closest point in the south west on the shores of the Black Sea? What path would they take to be of use in Egypt, fly over Turkey? lmao. Also, where is the Russian gov. in this crazy theory of yours? Why on earth would they allow such craziness? Have you ever seen such a setup (besides the US in Japan after WWII as Japan lost the war and had no choice but to let US aircraft set up air force bases for security reasons as a consequence of their unconditional surrender which was the price they had to pay for losing a major war like that?) Other that that, it's NEVER happened and for good reason. No one allows another air force to make camp in their country loool, no matter the circumstances, aside from the one I mentioned. Seriously, reality check, please. And @joker87 is in Egypt and has personal connections that bring him a lot more in touch with the EGY military than any of us here on this forum. I would suggest not thinking you know more than he does, just for your own good, chap.

Do tell, though, where you "last heard" I really would like to know!

Last edited:
Not gonna happen. Last I heard they are going to keep it in Russia to avoid CAATSA and be operated by expat Egyptian pilots and service crew.
Do not be sad, the second batch has already arrived and will appear soon in upcoming events, the exhibition, the opening of the administrative capital and the graduation ceremony of military colleges

Indeed, I have received news of its imminent appearance very soon
What is only happening is that Egypt has already ignored America, and if it wants to do something, it should wait for its ships at the entrance to the Suez Canal and delay the deployment of American forces
The relations official in the American Congress was slapped when he visited Egypt during the period
The Pentagon gave Egypt the right to integrate ammunition on the F16 and they are already being developed for Block 52. I have already counted 42 swaps with different numbering carrying fuel tanks other than the last batch of them

Looks like the Mirage 2K got its colors back! :lol: As well as some armament.

1634605696154.png

What is only happening is that Egypt has already ignored America

Good! Let them create a situation that is completely unnecessary that is reserved for Iran, China, North Korea and Russia itself. If they think that adding Egypt to that list is a beneficial thing to all parties involved, including the other countries' main partners such a France, Germany, Italy etc. to feel the effects of sanctions put on Egypt would never be beneficial for the US. Not to mention how it will ruin the relationship with one of the US' main allies in the ME. One of the biggest reasons the US considers Egypt a very important and strategic country it needs to maintain excellent relations with and make it happy is because of their beloved cancer next door. They need to keep Egypt happy so it maintains its peace relations with the cancer and by upsetting Egypt, then that peace becomes very susceptible to volatility since the US is a large aspect of maintaining that peace through the Camp David Accords.

Funny, I was reading one of the most ignorant hate posts yesterday on some thread about the EAF's readiness to reach far distances at any time and accomplish any mission it wishes at very large distances (most likely a statement made towards Ethiopia) and some dude said this "All it takes is one set of sanctions from the US and France to render this capability grounded - very possible if Gen Sisi does not do their bidding." lol. So not only is the anti-Sisi sentiment still strong and going in full force, but the fact that someone with such ignorance and blinded by their hatred, possibly jealousy also, thinks that not just the US will impose such strong sanctions that will cripple the EAF, but that France will also sanction the EAF LOL! France?! With all the contracts already signed and the ones under effect as we speak, as well as the fact that France has never sanctioned nor would ever think of sanctioning anyone, let alone Egypt is preposterous to no end! But this is what we're dealing with. No respect and coupled with complete ignorance and hate plus maybe jealousy on top of that. @The SC had a GREAT answer to that ridiculous comment. Good job, bro.

This will be great to see Egypt give the US a F YOU! and ignore it completely and see what it does. Then deal with it like you said and create a response that affects the US foreign policy in the ME. We know Saudiya will stand behind Egypt now that the US has somewhat abandoned it which is also good for Saudiya as we all need to see our countries stand up to this bully and become much less dependent. No more of that bully hegemony that keeps Egypt pinned to the ground with diluted F-16s. Now it has some of the best weapons in the world because it's finally stretching out and moving away from the US' grips.

I hope at this meeting, Sisi told the US representative to the senate foreign relations committee to go to the 16th hell regarding CAATSA and they can stick it where the sun don't shine. But he's too polite that he probably said something less aggressive and with a smile lol. I love the US and have great respect for it since I live here, but I despise its foreign policy, especially towards Egypt of course.

Senate Foreign Relations Committee on Twitter: "Appreciated meeting with President Al Sisi today. We discussed our shared interests on security, protecting religious minorities like Coptic Christians, economic cooperation and maintaining CAATSA. I also urged full implementation of Egypt’s new human rights strategy. https://t.co/5OeKJSwuvE" / Twitter

Senate Foreign Relations Committee

@SFRCdems

Appreciated meeting with President Al Sisi today. We discussed our shared interests on security, protecting religious minorities like Coptic Christians, economic cooperation and maintaining CAATSA. I also urged full implementation of Egypt’s new human rights strategy.

1634607179788.png

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom