What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

1628534668748.png

Egypt-India: BrahMos talks moving forward

Earlier this year, media reports had suggested that Egypt is interested in acquiring BrahMos medium-range ramjet supersonic cruise missiles from India.

There is talk that the negotiations between Egypt and India for the procurement of these missiles are going well.

Which versions of the BrahMos missile is Egypt looking to acquire?

Are there any obstacles facing the conclusion of a deal between Egypt and India?

--------------------------------------------------------------
Brahmos + HAS-250 if both bought will allow a lethal combination of subsonic sea skimming missile and a supersonic higher altitude missile with the ability to take out most ship sizes if launched in barrages.

Egypt needs a revitalized coastal defense system to replace P-15 Termits for sure.

View attachment 768550

Egypt-India: BrahMos talks moving forward

Earlier this year, media reports had suggested that Egypt is interested in acquiring BrahMos medium-range ramjet supersonic cruise missiles from India.

There is talk that the negotiations between Egypt and India for the procurement of these missiles are going well.

Which versions of the BrahMos missile is Egypt looking to acquire?

Are there any obstacles facing the conclusion of a deal between Egypt and India?

--------------------------------------------------------------
Brahmos + HAS-250 if both bought will allow a lethal combination of subsonic sea skimming missile and a supersonic higher altitude missile with the ability to take out most ship sizes if launched in barrages.

Egypt needs a revitalized coastal defense system to replace P-15 Termits for sure.

We could provide a better counter for that one to Egypt.. Long range but it has to be co-production to bypass the UN limit of missiles. Brahmos is not bad either you can stick with it for all purposes
And I assure you that the F-16 has a share of the Egyptian deals, the development of 100 fighters, the release of some new munitions and the integration of other munitions. We are waiting for the next Egyptian exhibition
The development between Block 52 to the American Viper, this is different from the other deals and there is another helicopter deal and a naval deal
Lockheed Martin has a big share A very large amount of deals for it, and this is very certain information

What happens with the new order rafales then? If a new 100 F-16s are on the way?

We could provide a better counter for that one to Egypt.. Long range but it has to be co-production to bypass the UN limit of missiles. Brahmos is not bad either you can stick with it for all purposes
Brahmos is a good missile that can be bought off the shelf for immediate use.

290km range is plenty for its duties.

A deal is looming for the Egyptian Navy, I know a little about it, but wait for confirmation

Minesweepers are a good start as long as they come with full ToT after the embarrassing attitude Fincatierie pulled off with us on the Gowinds and further ships because of money. They embarrassed Egypt and then were shown what a HUGE mistake they made when we went and bought 6 Mekos and 3 Berghaminis which will probably end up being 6 of them in a HUGE mega deal with many other Italian naval assets and now they want to come back into our well wishes? Well, not only will they have to offer a huge apology and a huge item for free because of the humiliation they put us through, but then they'll have to sweeten all the deals with mega ToT and very easy financing. Otherwise, I say they can stick it for the way they treated the Egyptian Navy.
What happens with the new order rafales then? If a new 100 F-16s are on the way?

Not sure if that is what is meant, or an MLU of some sort on an existing 100 fighters. I believe it's the latter TBH. But before any of that happens, they need to solve this AIM-120 business once and for all before any more dealing with the US happens. Egypt needs to toughen up BIG TIME with the US. Enough is ENOUGH!

Not sure if that is what is meant, or an MLU of some sort on an existing 100 fighters. I believe it's the latter TBH. But before any of that happens, they need to solve this AIM-120 business once and for all before any more dealing with the US happens. Egypt needs to toughen up BIG TIME with the US. Enough is ENOUGH!

Maybe I could have misunderstood that poster. We will have to wait and see how things play out eventually but I don't think Egypt will have issues with getting more F-16s but not sure they even want these right now as it stands

Brahmos with TOT or nothing..

There was a thread on Pakistan co-producing Ra'ad and Babur with Egypt but your compatriots opposed it vehemently and the thread was closed..

Egypt finalizes deal with Pakistan to jointly manufacture Raad and Babur-class cruise missiles

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/egyp...-raad-and-babur-class-cruise-missiles.714642/

Maybe I could have misunderstood that poster. We will have to wait and see how things play out eventually but I don't think Egypt will have issues with getting more F-16s but not sure they even want these right now as it stands
He was clearly speaking about an upgrade of the existing F-16s.. Egypt is waiting for the results of the Greek upgrade.. because it wants to upgrade them in Greece..

Last edited:
Brahmos with TOT or nothing..

There was a thread on Pakistan co-producing Ra'ad and Babur with Egypt but your compatriots opposed it vehemently and the thread was closed..

Egypt finalizes deal with Pakistan to jointly manufacture Raad and Babur-class cruise missiles

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/egyp...-raad-and-babur-class-cruise-missiles.714642/

He was clearly speaking about an upgrade of the existing F-16s.. Egypt is waiting for the results of the Greek upgrade.. because it wants to upgrade them in Greece..

Some of my compatriots are foolish and not to be taken serious. If the two gov't make an agreement it's on. They have been busy slating but now they will soon re-activate their lobbies in the UAE to buy UAE produced weapons and arms.. Just wait for it in couple of months you will see their media changing tone and lobbies being re-activated across Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah. They are good in the offensive charm tho that is the only saving grace for them

Some of my compatriots are foolish and not to be taken serious. If the two gov't make an agreement it's on. They have been busy slating but now they will soon re-activate their lobbies in the UAE to buy UAE produced weapons and arms.. Just wait for it in couple of months you will see their media changing tone and lobbies being re-activated across Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah. They are good in the offensive charm tho that is the only saving grace for them
People think emotionally when that is irrelevant in geopolitics.

1-Image-01-4.jpg

Several foreign media outlets indicated that the negotiations between Egypt and India to purchase these missiles are going well, and that the process of Egypt's purchase of the missile is a matter of time.

Egypt did not buy the French Exocet air-to-surface missiles, which have a range of 70 km with subsonic speed, because they were not subject to development, unlike their surface-to-surface counterparts, which have been greatly developed in range, accuracy and resistance to jamming. Egypt owns this version within the armament of the Mirage 2000, and even the Egyptian Alphajet planes are armed with this missile. so it is looking at the Brahmos for this role..with ToT..

Egypt, as well as India, is going to arm its Egyptian Rafale fighters with the Russian-Indian supersonic Brahmos missile, which has a speed of 3 times the speed of sound and a range of up to 290 km, which operates with two missile propulsion stages. The sound thanks to a liquid-fueled jet engine enables the missile to reach a range of 290 km and at a hypersonic speed that makes intercepting it from air defenses on ships an almost impossible task.

استمرار فعاليات التدريب المشترك ‏الجوي المصري الإماراتي

The Chief of Staff of the Egyptian Air Force, the Chief of Staff of the UAE Air Force and Air Defense, and a number of commanders of the armed forces of both countries witnessed one of the stages of training for the conduct of air operations in the UAE, which included the multi-tasking fighters from both sides carrying out joint flights to train on missions Attacking hostile targets, defending vital targets, and performing aerial auxiliary work for land formations.

It was evident during the implemented training activities that the participating elements reached a high level of professionalism in carrying out all tasks, which reflects the extent to which the air forces of both countries possess human and technical capabilities, combat readiness and ability to work jointly in various circumstances.

The training aims to achieve the maximum possible benefit for the elements participating in the planning and implementation of the management of air operations and to measure the readiness and readiness of the forces to implement joint operations on the various goals to support security and stability efforts and face challenges in the region.

Subsonic sea skimming missiles are better than streakers like the Brahmos in my opinion.

NATO has always prepared for defending against fast moving and high altitude anti ship missiles which the Soviets produced.

Ideally you would want a LRASM type missile which is the best anti ship missile in the world.

استمرار فعاليات التدريب المشترك ‏الجوي المصري الإماراتي

The Chief of Staff of the Egyptian Air Force, the Chief of Staff of the UAE Air Force and Air Defense, and a number of commanders of the armed forces of both countries witnessed one of the stages of training for the conduct of air operations in the UAE, which included the multi-tasking fighters from both sides carrying out joint flights to train on missions Attacking hostile targets, defending vital targets, and performing aerial auxiliary work for land formations.

It was evident during the implemented training activities that the participating elements reached a high level of professionalism in carrying out all tasks, which reflects the extent to which the air forces of both countries possess human and technical capabilities, combat readiness and ability to work jointly in various circumstances.

The training aims to achieve the maximum possible benefit for the elements participating in the planning and implementation of the management of air operations and to measure the readiness and readiness of the forces to implement joint operations on the various goals to support security and stability efforts and face challenges in the region.

What types of Egyptian figthers took part of this exercises
People think emotionally when that is irrelevant in geopolitics.

This is true

Remember I was talking about how they might be able to convince the US for the full upgrade on the F-16s including the new A2A missiles that have been denied for ever by offering to pay for either a large percentage or the entire package instead of using the aid money? I mentioned that about 6 months ago or so and today, much to my surprise I hear the US spokeswoman for the foreign military sales talk about how delighted they were that Egypt is paying for the Apache upgrade independently instead of using the aid money for that! I'm telling you, they must be listening and reading what we're saying! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom