What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

@Mohamed Bin Tughlaq
Don't mean to rain on your parade but I find it unlikely it will be bought. I guess we'll wait 15 years and see who is right? Let's hope we are still in health and are on this forum.

Alot of people were thinking Turkey will fall victim to their ego but they did the opposite mending ties with Egypt. Because they had no reasons for continuing with the severed ties due to the morsi era.. His a bygone era.. What happened happen.. That is the past and life moves on plus Sisi despite having some questionable policies at times did not only do great but phenonomenal job as a president and I would never thought I would say this but Sisi might be the best president in Egypt's history since it was founded as repbulic...

returning back to good friends was the right move of action and the Turks did the same thing with the GCC and Saudi Arabia. Erdogan has good advisors folks like Ibrahim Kalin they never miscalculate or follow petty policies but rather rational policies. They have even mended ties with Greece yesterday.. https://atalayar.com/en/content/turkey-and-greece-closer-improving-bilateral-relations

الميسترال المصرية.. سفينة هجوم برمائي تستوعب عددًا كبيرًا من القوات البرية والمدرعات ووحدات الدفاع الجوي المتنقلة

The Mistral can accommodate up to 200 state command and staff personnel as it is fully equipped to operate as a command ship or an advanced command center at sea to direct naval and amphibious combat operations and coordinate between naval and air forces and airborne command and control centers and early warning (AWACS aircraft) and ground, given Because it contains the highly advanced maritime tactical information system "SETIS" and the maritime command and control system "SIC 21" responsible for commanding all maritime operations, meaning it has the ability to command and control the movement of an entire maritime fleet, in addition to the systems that allow linking and directing between all army units, whether airborne. in land and offshore..

Egypt has received 24 Su-35 fighter jets, according to Russian military sources..

Истребитель Су-35

https://avia.pro/news/rossiya-prodala-neizvestnoy-strane-24-istrebitelya-su-35

It means, it was received without an official announcement of its delivery..

Very nice political move.. unofficially receiving.. so the US knows, and knows that Egypt knows that it knows..HaHa
And without an official announcement, there is no political evidence, hence the US cannot announce sanctions or threats, except in closed rooms.. And the words of closed rooms are different .. so Indeed, it is a good political solution..

Any deals with the Russians will not be announced.. a move that will save the political face of the US by avoiding conflicts, penalties and complications, including the US feeling that it is victorious in this file, even if it is just a political figure. while Egypt receives its fighters and weapons and the Russians receive their money by whatever method..
What matters to the US is that it is not announced... so it will pretend that it does not see..

Last edited:
Egypt has received 24 Su-35 fighter jets, according to Russian military sources..

Истребитель Су-35

Very nice political move.. unofficially receiving.. so the US knows, and knows that Egypt knows that it knows..HaHa
And without an official announcement, there is no political evidence, hence the US cannot announce sanctions or threats, except in closed rooms.. And the words of closed rooms are different .. so Indeed, it is a good political solution..
Any deals with the Russians will not be announced.. a move that will save the political face of the US by avoiding conflicts, penalties and complications, including the US feeling that it is victorious in this file, even if it is just a political figure. while Egypt receives its fighters and weapons and the Russians receive their money by whatever method..
What matters to the US is that it is not announced... so it will pretend that it does not see..

Wait what? Didn't they just buy 25 Eurofighters and 30 rafale's? Am I missing something? Where is this 24 Su-35 coming from?

Last edited:
The last Kai KF-X part got my interest? Is Egypt planning on going for the KF-X.. If I was Egypt I would rather put all my eggs into TF-X since Egypt has normalized ties with Turkey they can buy from them. Because I don't think KF-X will be as good as TF-X despite being a great fighter jet of herself but I don't think it will match TF-X.. Egypt should look to that program and get involved with it
Buying weapons from a neutral country is much better than a country that we have huge problems with them

الميسترال المصرية.. سفينة هجوم برمائي تستوعب عددًا كبيرًا من القوات البرية والمدرعات ووحدات الدفاع الجوي المتنقلة

The Mistral can accommodate up to 200 state command and staff personnel as it is fully equipped to operate as a command ship or an advanced command center at sea to direct naval and amphibious combat operations and coordinate between naval and air forces and airborne command and control centers and early warning (AWACS aircraft) and ground, given Because it contains the highly advanced maritime tactical information system "SETIS" and the maritime command and control system "SIC 21" responsible for commanding all maritime operations, meaning it has the ability to command and control the movement of an entire maritime fleet, in addition to the systems that allow linking and directing between all army units, whether airborne. in land and offshore..
We can use winged UCAVs of mistrals
Hope to see that

Истребитель Су-35

Maybe it's like s300 issue
Hide until parade

Are they targetting 100 new purchases or something? Is there other deals aside from the Su, Eurofighters and Rafale's? that I may have missed. This is an slightly overkill?
This is just the start to replace all the old fighters in the EAF..30 SU-35S ..some people talk already about 60, Rafale will go up to 100 according to latest official talk, Mig-29M-M2(Mig-35) will double the numbers to 100 also..And Egypt is eying the JF-17 Blk III for local manufacturing..
Nothing is overkill when Usrael got 50 F-35 with 25 more contracted and might go up to 100..on top of the latest version of the F-15 The -X one and whatever they had from before all with AESA radars and Most up-to-date air to air missiles..

Yes.. if you mean Wing loong UAVs
BUK-M2 was 5 years in Egypt before it appeared!
I mean every non rotary UCAV can flight from mistrals
Maybe armed sea plans those even have landing gears are good against terrorists
To everyone who see it
Do you think we I mean Arab countries need to use sea plans?

What a beautiful picture of Al Sadat Mistral. Pair of Avengers on there but they really need to at least mount a Phalanx or two on each end for now to deal with low flying object and even fast craft boats that can attack. Surprised they're taking so much time to deal with such an important issue. Not to mention the helos. There must be some issue with the Ka-52s they're not happy with and possibly delaying the Katran deal as they look at other possible options. That's the only reason I can think of because taking this much time, while they're not in a hurry only limits their ability to get full use and training on a complete LHD/Helicopter carrier.

Истребитель Су-35

I have a feeling we'll be seeing them very soon. After Biden cooling down and being forced to call Sisi not once, but twice to thank him for the role Egypt played in the Palestinian/Israeli cease fire, he's changed his tone and so has Blinken and frankly they should not only fly these things but fly them proudly and rub them in the US' face. No sense in playing the hiding game whatsoever unless there is a practical, advantageous or military reason and there really isn't. I don't see these kept aside until they decide on a military action against the Gerd or something like that. They're more than capable of dealing with that now as things stand. But get them out there and load them with R-27s and hopefully R-77AEs and hey, even R-37 if it's part of the package.

Истребитель Су-35

I think anyone caught taking a photo of Su-35 in Egypt will be jailed. Egypt cannot afford devastating CAATSA from the US. Su-35 deal was signed after CAATSA was introduced in 2017.

I think anyone caught taking a photo of Su-35 in Egypt will be jailed. Egypt cannot afford devastating CAATSA from the US. Su-35 deal was signed after CAATSA was introduced in 2017.
It was signed in 2015 and finalised in 2019..

Back
Top Bottom