What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

The last Kai KF-X part got my interest? Is Egypt planning on going for the KF-X.. If I was Egypt I would rather put all my eggs into TF-X since Egypt has normalized ties with Turkey they can buy from them. Because I don't think KF-X will be as good as TF-X despite being a great fighter jet of herself but I don't think it will match TF-X.. Egypt should look to that program and get involved with it

Nah, you won't see much of that kinda thing between Egypt and Turkey for a very long time and maybe never. We have too much of a great relationship with Greece that we value very much and until they sort out their issues which aren't likely for a while, this is only diplomatic stuff for the time being.

The EAF's focus is almost guaranteed to be on the Su-57 for its 5th gen. However, this new military administration plays great pretend shopping everywhere to send a message that they are no longer stuck with one or two suppliers and will walk out laughing at the other side's conditions if they need to like they did with the French. Which then brought them back a year later with much more favorable terms. Example, the cost of the last batch of Rafales. No one has gotten a deal like that.

Nah, you won't see much of that kinda thing between Egypt and Turkey for a very long time and maybe never. We have too much of a great relationship with Greece that we value very much and until they sort out their issues which aren't likely for a while, this is only diplomatic stuff for the time being.

The EAF's focus is almost guaranteed to be on the Su-57 for its 5th gen. However, this new military administration plays great pretend shopping everywhere to send a message that they are no longer stuck with one or two suppliers and will walk out laughing at the other side's conditions if they need to like they did with the French. Which then brought them back a year later with much more favorable terms. Example, the cost of the last batch of Rafales. No one has gotten a deal like that.

Forget about Greece because they can't for sure provide you with a 5th generation platform that can dominate the air literally? That is what is at stake here?

Air dominance is key componant for every military. If you get that last inch Egypt can transform from regional power to world power... Just like that by fixing one area you will transform.. That area is the air dominance. TF-X is solely developed to gain air-dominance on any other fighter jet platform that is what Egypt wants and Greece simply can't provide you with that shixt hence why they are expendables

Forget about Greece because they can't for sure provide you with a 5th generation platform that can dominate the air literally? That is what is at stake here?

Greece and Egypt have signed multiple pacts and have joint military exercises and a lot more maritime agreements and naval cooperation. We're not looking for anything like you mentioned from them. It's an allyship that is very important to Egypt, nothing to do with weapons ToT or any of that kind of thing.

Air dominance is key componant for very military. If you get that last inch Egypt can transform from regional power to world power... Just like that by fixing one area you will transform.. That area is the air dominance. TF-X is solely developed to gain air-dominance on any other fighter jet platform that is what Egypt wants and Greece simply can't provide you with that shixt hence why they are expendables

My friend, the TF-X is no where near the development phase of the Su-57. There is a plan of action here that is very obvious the EAF is following, and it will be the Russian route. There's a reason they bought the MiG-29M/35 & Su-35SE.

Turkey is far from anything close to this and the 6th gen tech that will be incorporated with it, not to mention the NG weapons.

1622425588030.png

Last edited:
Greece and Egypt have signed multiple pacts and have joint military exercises and a lot more maritime agreements and naval cooperation. We're not looking for anything like you mentioned from them. It's an allyship that is very important to Egypt, nothing to do with weapons ToT or any of that kind of thing.

My friend, the TF-X is no where near the development phase of the Su-57. There is a plan of action here that is very obvious the EAF is following, and it will be the Russian route. There's a reason they bought the MiG-29M/35 & Su-35SE.

Turkey is far from anything close to this and the 6th gen tech that will be incorporated with it, not to mrntion the NG weapons.

What is this martime exercises? Are you and Greece gonna hold hands in the ocean and hug each other once in awhile..

Look interests come first.. The Russian SU-57 is nothing great imo and in fact all the SU-line fighter jets haven't impressed me even an inch..

I trust Turkish engineering on one basis which is ''Megalomania'' A turk would do anything it takes to develope something that is 1-number... They always seek to be 1st place... It is a turkish megalomania thingy that comes handy at times but other times it works against the turk and gives him to many enemies but aside from that the desire to be the best is undeniable hence why I know for a fact TF-X is gonna be one Hell'va fighter.

You can get F-35s but the US may downgrade it's capabilities hence why I don't trust them.. But Egypt needs undeniable air-superiority against all comers even against F-35s

Seems they liked the K-9 Thunder howitzer. They tested the heck out of it and we never heard anything about it after that and that was a few years ago.

All the items in that list sound good to me, even the K2 Black Panther despite the upcoming contract for possibly more advanced Abrams from the US to at least attain the 1500 count (now at 1130) and the 500 Russian T-90MS which sounds like a production line with immense ToT to produce an Egyptian made version to sell to several of the African countries they're already making pacts with now to open the doors for these military enterprises while at the same time improve local expertise. Just a brilliant planning.

I hope they get in on those KM-SAM Cheongung medium-range air defense system because I'm all for a large variety of those to accompany the current massive slew of different SAM systems. The more variety the better as long as their command system and IFF doesn't create friendly fire. That's the only downside.
You're right bro about the Tanks..I'm mostly hoping for some technologies of the K2 Black Panther from South Korea to supplement the ones already in Egyptian Tanks.. mostly the Abrams..

As for the medium-range air defense system.. Egypt went for the Belorussian BUK-MB-3K version for local production in mass.. again hoping for some technologies to supplement it and other medium range Egyptian systems.. they have also some interesting short-range air defense systems and their technologies are mostly western..

article_5f370129912d58_74583307.jpeg

* The Taiwanese giant TSMC has built a semiconductor factory with a precision of 5 nano, as well as Samsung, but the throne for TSMC is a factory under construction with a precision of 3 nano, and the most compatible for Egypt from a political point of view (not to anger China).. is South Korea with the giant Samsung .. but you also have the "Global foundaries" factory, an independent factory for the semiconductor industry, which is owned by the UAE company Mubadala........!!!

Leading semiconductor foundries revenue share worldwide

tsmcshare.jpg

In the first quarter of 2021, TSMC is expected to enjoy a market share of 56 percent in the global semiconductor foundry market, while Samsung occupied 18 percent of the market. In terms of revenue, the top ten semiconductor foundries worldwide generated more than 22.59 billion U.S. dollars in the first quarter of 2021.

Semiconductor-manufacturers.jpg

Definitely a business and technology to get in for Egypt..

Last edited:
I trust Turkish engineering on one basis which is ''Megalomania'' A turk would do anything it takes to develope something that is 1-number... They always seek to be 1st place... It is a turkish megalomania thingy that comes handy at times but other times it works against the turk and gives him to many enemies but aside from that the desire to be the best is undeniable hence why I know for a fact TF-X is gonna be one Hell'va fighter.
TF-X is not going to be number one, it will be worse than the F-22 from 2006.

What is this martime exercises? Are you and Greece gonna hold hands in the ocean and hug each other once in awhile..

Look interests come first.. The Russian SU-57 is nothing great imo and in fact all the SU-line fighter jets haven't impressed me even an inch..

You can get F-35s but the US may downgrade it's capabilities hence why I don't trust them.. But Egypt needs undeniable air-superiority against all comers even against F-35s
Check post # 7386 above..
It is not even known when TF-X will be ready and its engine too.. so forget it for now..we are talking about what is possible now.. and how can you be impressed with something still in design phase before testing it first..let alone prove its efficiency..

Check post # 7386 above..
It is not even known when TF-X will be ready and its engine too.. so forget it for now..we are talking about what is possible now.. and how can you be impressed with something still in design phase before testing it first..let alone prove its efficiency..

I can agree with this it is not ready just yet but 1 year is not a long wait we will have to wait and see but Egypt should put itself in a position to purchase that thing once it comes public
No, the program managers they said it will be better than F-35 worse than F-22.

F-22 is the worlds best fighter jet currently.. I guess with some patches they can surpass that because the key is to make the ultimate king of the skies but regardless Egypt needs in on that:tup: Greece can't offer much here folks lets be real

Last edited:
I can agree with this it is not ready just yet but 1 year is not a long wait we will have to wait and see but Egypt should put itself in a position to purchase that thing once it comes public
If it proves to be good and solid state warplane.. not only Egypt will buy it, the GCC too and many others.. So let's wait and see..

@Mohamed Bin Tughlaq
Geopolitics are complicated,

What kind of rivalry? be bygones are be bygones the future is different. Turkey is sincere with it's charming offensive. They just personally don't have any interest in Egypt's interests. No hard feelings on their end hence why they mend ties with Egypt.
If it proves to be good and solid state warplane.. not only Egypt will buy it, the GCC too and many others.. So let's wait and see..

This is the wise decision.. Always remaining in a position of friendly to everyone and getting involved in such projects is key

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom