What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

The Minister of Military Production discusses with the Minister of Defense Procurement in South Korea, ways to enhance joint cooperation

19_2021-637577980068423647-842.jpg

Eng. Mohamed Ahmed Morsi, Minister of State for Military Production, received Kang Ewan, Minister of Defense Procurement Management Program (DAPA) in South Korea, and the accompanying delegation, to discuss the axes of bilateral cooperation in a number of areas of joint industrialization, this came at the General Office of the Ministry of Military Production, in the presence of the Korean Ambassador Al-Janoubia, Engineer Mohamed Mohamed Salah El-Din Mostafa, Vice Chairman and Managing Director of the National Authority for Military Production, and a number of ministry leaders.
The topics that could be cooperated with the Korean companies operating in the various fields of industrialization at the military and civil levels were discussed. During the meeting, Korean companies were invited to participate in the "EDEX 2021" exhibition to be held in Egypt at the end of November of this year.

2021-637577980170716318-71.jpg

https://gate.ahram.org.eg/News/2750122.aspx

Brothers..can we let our imagination run free for a few minutes here..

170973130_3767328220032204_5262057960721870600_n.jpg

A fighter that can be used to integrate French, American, Korean or European systems and weapons on it without anyone giving you problems.. Just imagine integrating an Italian AESA radar and French avionics with Spectra on it..

========================================================​

The New Minister of State for Military Production in Egypt, Mohamed Ahmed Morsi, confirmed in his first statement after assuming the position of Minister of State for Military Production, the Egyptian political leadership's endeavor to ensure the ability to manufacture the country's weapons. "Morsi" said, on the sidelines of his visit to the Arab Organization for Industrialization, that President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi is determined to have the country possessing military capabilities that allow it to make its decisions independently, adding, "Whoever does not have the ability to manufacture his weapons ... does not have his military decision."

He added that the Ministry of Military Production and the Arab Organization for Industrialization are the industrial backers of the armed forces, pointing out that he will cooperate continuously with the Arab Organization for Industrialization, drawing on the exceptional experience that it has accumulated. And he considered that one of the ministry's top priorities in the coming period is to work to secure weapons, ammunition and equipment needed by the armed forces and the civilian police. He explained that he will work to acquire during the coming period the finest and highest techniques and technologies, and to develop management systems in the Ministry's factories.

These South Korean systems' technologies have certainly a place in the Egyptian armed forces..Among many other weapon systems..

Last edited:
The Minister of Military Production discusses with the Minister of Defense Procurement in South Korea, ways to enhance joint cooperation

19_2021-637577980068423647-842.jpg

Eng. Mohamed Ahmed Morsi, Minister of State for Military Production, received Kang Ewan, Minister of Defense Procurement Management Program (DAPA) in South Korea, and the accompanying delegation, to discuss the axes of bilateral cooperation in a number of areas of joint industrialization, this came at the General Office of the Ministry of Military Production, in the presence of the Korean Ambassador Al-Janoubia, Engineer Mohamed Mohamed Salah El-Din Mostafa, Vice Chairman and Managing Director of the National Authority for Military Production, and a number of ministry leaders.
The topics that could be cooperated with the Korean companies operating in the various fields of industrialization at the military and civil levels were discussed. During the meeting, Korean companies were invited to participate in the "EDEX 2021" exhibition to be held in Egypt at the end of November of this year.

2021-637577980170716318-71.jpg

https://gate.ahram.org.eg/News/2750122.aspx

Brothers..can we let our imagination run free for a few minutes here..

170973130_3767328220032204_5262057960721870600_n.jpg

A fighter that can be used to integrate French, American, Korean or European systems and weapons on it without anyone giving you problems.. Just imagine integrating an Italian AESA radar and French avionics with Spectra on it..
Do you think we must wait for next version of f21? Because this version have no internal space for weapons but next version have
I heard it from our Indonesian friend in pdf who I forget his name

An interesting concept is using laser guided munitions that are designated by cheap drones with laser designators that can supply the terminal SALH guidance for the missile. You can deliver a far greater payload on target than with conventional systems like TB2, MQ-1 and even if the drone is lost in combat you end up losing a lot less assets.

I hope Egypt and UAE will collaborate in this field to increase the combat capabilities of the Egyptian land forces and enable them to carry out precision strikes independent of the EAF.

1622235168509.png

1622235204711.png

The Americans were testing it out in the 80s with the MQM-105 Aquila using a laser designator to guide in Copperhead laser guided artillery shells.

The UAV was embedded with the artillery unit, and it could be launched from a truck.

1622235287760.png

1622235311739.png

Last edited:
Do you think we must wait for next version of f21? Because this version have no internal space for weapons but next version have
I heard it from our Indonesian friend in pdf who I forget his name
Yes but it is just $50 million a piece..

But most important.. is the Avionics for fighters..

- Egypt works on manufacturing projects. Drones, air defense systems and missile artillery.
- Egypt works on assembling and welding advanced stealth marine parts, and others can be added with the Germans. Like participating in the tower production.
- Egypt works on Manufacturing project with the Russians in tanks T-90 MS. And local projects for the manufacture of armored vehicles.
- Egypt works on manufacture of radars and even an APS project for tanks.

All branches except the air force..
Shall Egypt go For South Korean avionics technologies if they are willing to help with some fighter's electronics like Radars, for example.. Targeting systems or jamming systems. Electronic warfare systems. Ammunition...etc..The answer is yes absolutely..

AESA radar
tab01-aesa-item.png

radar-AESA-untuk-KF-X.jpg

Last edited:
Concerning the SU-35.. much talk was raised last period about very special Egyptian requests for the SU-35SE. Just like what Egypt did with the MiG-29M-M2, which is in fact the MiG-35. Therefore, the deal took a very long time. As the two parties started negotiations that took more than six full years .... which is a very long period of time for a combat aircraft deal. So it is clear that there were many Egyptian requests. And from the beginning of this talk and more precisely about what these requests were.. The name ‘Himalayas’ Electronic Warfare Complex, the new Russian system came first.. A highly developed situational awareness, sensors and electronic warfare suite, besides some other devices and the engine as well .... We can be sure thus and with complete confidence that the Egyptian version of the SU-35 with elements added from the Himalayas system will be really terrifying..

The radio-electronic combat system “Himalayas”:
EW systems have long been used in aviation and are an integral part to increase the survivability of combat aircraft. The Himalayas are a revolutionary breakthrough in this regard. According to open sources, some elements of the complex have been integrated into the SU-57 since 2014. However, since then, the system has been significantly improved. The Himalayas are distributed throughout the fighter glider, including wings, which has significantly increased the range of the complex. Any of the world’s existing air-to-air missiles is guaranteed to fall within range of the Himalayas REB and be neutralized. It is known that the low visibility of the Russian FIGHTER SU-57 is inferior to the F-22 and F-35. However, with the above capabilities, the SU-57 easily outplays its potential opponents in the air.

EW-GALLERY_1_Saab.jpg

Last edited:
I think Egypt may be developing a GPS/INS guidance kit for dumb munitions. Can't be sure yet but I'd give it a chance we see it at EDEX if the program is funded by the EAF.

1622266856148.png

1622267020852.png

This is from a research article from the Military Technical college.

1622270390941.png

1622270446043.png

Last edited:
Yes but it is just $50 million a piece..

But most important.. is the Avionics for fighters..

- Egypt works on manufacturing projects. Drones, air defense systems and missile artillery.
- Egypt works on assembling and welding advanced stealth marine parts, and others can be added with the Germans. Like participating in the tower production.
- Egypt works on Manufacturing project with the Russians in tanks T-90 MS. And local projects for the manufacture of armored vehicles.
- Egypt works on manufacture of radars and even an APS project for tanks.

All branches except the air force..
Shall Egypt go For South Korean avionics technologies if they are willing to help with some fighter's electronics like Radars, for example.. Targeting systems or jamming systems. Electronic warfare systems. Ammunition...etc..The answer is yes absolutely..

AESA radar
tab01-aesa-item.png

radar-AESA-untuk-KF-X.jpg
So it's not far to locally upgrading American hardwares and replace them with locally made or non American weapons

Tankers, recovery trucks and heavy equipment transporters will be delivered to FMS customer Egypt.
Egypt is receiving an undisclosed number of M978A4 Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck (HEMTT) tanker vehicles, plus M984A4 HEMTT recovery trucks and M1070A1 Heavy Equipment Transporters from Oshkosh Defense.

The US company is providing the vehicles under a $26.07 million FMS deal from US Army Contracting Command, the DoD announced on 26 May.

Work will be completed by 31 January 2023.

According to Shephard Defence Insight, vehicles in the HEMTT family are already in service with the Egyptian armed forces.

The latest HEMTT vehicles feature a US Army Long Term Armor Strategy (LTAS)-compliant cab that can be augmented with a standardised, bolt-on LTAS-B kit, allowing forces to increase protection depending on mission requirements.

https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/mil-log/egypt-obtain-more-oshkosh-logistics-vehicles/

M978A4
d717bcfe7156cae2dd9f8a713ae7c4ac.jpg

M984A4
1024px-HEMTT_M984A4_wrecker.jpg

M1070A1
maxresdefault.jpg

Tankers, recovery trucks and heavy equipment transporters will be delivered to FMS customer Egypt.
Egypt is receiving an undisclosed number of M978A4 Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck (HEMTT) tanker vehicles, plus M984A4 HEMTT recovery trucks and M1070A1 Heavy Equipment Transporters from Oshkosh Defense.

The US company is providing the vehicles under a $26.07 million FMS deal from US Army Contracting Command, the DoD announced on 26 May.

Work will be completed by 31 January 2023.

According to Shephard Defence Insight, vehicles in the HEMTT family are already in service with the Egyptian armed forces.

The latest HEMTT vehicles feature a US Army Long Term Armor Strategy (LTAS)-compliant cab that can be augmented with a standardised, bolt-on LTAS-B kit, allowing forces to increase protection depending on mission requirements.

https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/mil-log/egypt-obtain-more-oshkosh-logistics-vehicles/

M978A4
d717bcfe7156cae2dd9f8a713ae7c4ac.jpg

M984A4
1024px-HEMTT_M984A4_wrecker.jpg

M1070A1
maxresdefault.jpg
I love that m1070 it's the truck for real men

D253429E-0A11-42BE-B6DB-43D381225CC0

k2 black panther
371--tankk2-tit.jpg

k9 thunder
qiw9k2elw7s41.jpg

KM-SAM Cheongung medium-range air defense system
1073338273_0:201:4276:2606_1200x0_80_0_1_d8860c8fa47023e50b8384de9a36dda8.jpg

Some of the most important and modern South Korean weapons:

And of course SK has interesting Cruise missiles and Ballistic missiles..But also medium Midget submarines and naval ammunition.

https://i.imgur.com/PEMFBKG.jpg

***** Egypt's ambition is bigger than all this.. nothing less than Air ammunition and avionics .. Because they are two very important items and need very high infrastructure, effort and technologies..

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
k2 black panther

*****k9 thunder

And of course SK has interesting Cruise missiles and Ballistic missiles..But also medium Midget submarines and naval ammunition.

Egypt's ambition is bigger than all this.. nothing less than Air ammunition and avionics .. Because they are two very important items and need very high infrastructure, effort and technologies..

maxresdefault.jpg

The last Kai KF-X part got my interest? Is Egypt planning on going for the KF-X.. If I was Egypt I would rather put all my eggs into TF-X since Egypt has normalized ties with Turkey they can buy from them. Because I don't think KF-X will be as good as TF-X despite being a great fighter jet of herself but I don't think it will match TF-X.. Egypt should look to that program and get involved with it

D253429E-0A11-42BE-B6DB-43D381225CC0

k2 black panther
371--tankk2-tit.jpg

*****k9 thunder
qiw9k2elw7s41.jpg

1073338273_0:201:4276:2606_1200x0_80_0_1_d8860c8fa47023e50b8384de9a36dda8.jpg

Egypt's ambition is bigger than all this.. nothing less than Air ammunition and avionics .. Because they are two very important items and need very high infrastructure, effort and technologies..

Seems they liked the K-9 Thunder howitzer. They tested the heck out of it and we never heard anything about it after that and that was a few years ago.

All the items in that list sound good to me, even the K2 Black Panther despite the upcoming contract for possibly more advanced Abrams from the US to at least attain the 1500 count (now at 1130) and the 500 Russian T-90MS which sounds like a production line with immense ToT to produce an Egyptian made version to sell to several of the African countries they're already making pacts with now to open the doors for these military enterprises while at the same time improve local expertise. Just a brilliant planning.

I hope they get in on those KM-SAM Cheongung medium-range air defense system because I'm all for a large variety of those to accompany the current massive slew of different SAM systems. The more variety the better as long as their command system and IFF doesn't create friendly fire. That's the only downside.

The last Kai KF-X part got my interest? Is Egypt planning on going for the KF-X.. If I was Egypt I would rather put all my eggs into TF-X since Egypt has normalized ties with Turkey they can buy from them. Because I don't think KF-X will be as good as TF-X despite being a great fighter jet of herself but I don't think it will match TF-X.. Egypt should look to that program and get involved with it
There is talk about Avionics and air ammunition only.. not joining the whole program.. both KF-X and TF-X are interesting projects ..

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom