What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

They're in Sudan pretty much preparing for war, having this exercise with the UAE and conducting the one with Pakistan and the same time! And what was that about lack of training from some of the hatos? lol
Generator for radar?

You're answer threw me off a bit because I didn't expect that, but I believe it's actually a portable UAV command and control center.

Last edited:
Anyone know what that mobile module is for? I would give a hint but it would make it too easy!

Yes, the full blown Viper upgrade including the AIM-120C7 and 9X since CiSMOA is signed and upgrade the radars to the AESA radar and the new Link-16 Theater data link and the offered upgrade munitions packages LOLOL! It cost around $1.8B for about 8 aircraft to be upgraded heck why not incentivize the US to pay a portion or the full amount for the upgrade and bypass the aid for many of the other items you listed? It would be a miracle if it ever happened.

LONG OVERDUE we've been talking about these for 10 damn years!!! Long Bow is hardly a revolutionary feature anymore and the Ka-52's have their own combined towering radars that can be bought if they wanted to. Just stupid on the Americans' part but they're seen no we're going other places.

That's a good one considering the new contract with NATO and also additional operational duties with the USAF and USN.

Now this is an interesting one. This is a bit strange considering the recent upgrade, very recent upgrade of the Beechcract 1900Cs. This is just a better and much more modern variant so why have the two kinds? I'm a bit perplexed about that.

Sounds like they didn't like the South Korean one they tested a few years ago, remember that?

He was so right about so many things, he just sat on his *** too much unlike Sisi who has just become one of the greatest leaders in the Arab & Muslim world.

BTW, Pakistani & Egyptian military drills undergoing as we speak. Will update soon.
I say kitchen
They're in Sudan pretty much preparing for war, having this exercise with the UAE and conducting the one with Pakistan and the same time! And what was that about lack of training from some of the hatos? lol

You're answer through me off a bit because I didn't expect that, but I believe it's actually a portable UAV command and control center.
Two doors without antenna maybe tools or food store

From Feb-2020, Pakistan & Egypt developing joint ties & military cooperation.

1622125987753.png

1622126010237.png

1622126026735.png

Meeting with Prime Minister Imran Khan.
1622126057640.png

Dec. 2020
And of course the interest in making the Mirage deal work along with possibly having an interest in locally producing the JF-17.
1622126146013.png

1622126205485.png

Egypt & Pakistan launches their first joint air defense training under the name of "Guardians of the Sky-1" Egypt held previously joint SOF Training with Pakistan for paratroopers units. Egypt continues to strengthen its military and defense ties with Pakistan.

Flag of Egypt
Flag of Pakistan

1622126378052.png

1622126395885.png

1622126415654.png

1622126429695.png

Start small, next one will most likely be on a much larger scale. But this is great to see a renewed friendship that has had its bits of rocky years.

Last edited:
From Feb-2020, Pakistan & Egypt developing joint ties & military cooperation.

View attachment 748069
View attachment 748071
View attachment 748072
Meeting with Prime Minister Imran Khan.
View attachment 748073

Dec. 2020
And of course the interest in making the Mirage deal work along with possibly having an interest in locally producing the JF-17.
View attachment 748076

View attachment 748079

Egypt & Pakistan launches their first joint air defense training under the name of "Guardians of the Sky-1" Egypt held previously joint SOF Training with Pakistan for paratroopers units. Egypt continues to strengthen its military and defense ties with Pakistan.

Flag of Egypt
Flag of Pakistan

View attachment 748085

View attachment 748087
View attachment 748088

View attachment 748090

Start small, next one will most likely be on a much larger scale. But this is great to see a renewed friendship that has its bits of rocky years.
Locally manufacturing jf17 hmmmm
With current engine it's wasting money and is China allow it to completely manufacturing jf17?
I think Egypt must have closer military relationship with India than Pakistan because Indian military industry is going to Western technologies and also closer military relationship with Indonesia and south Korea

With current engine it's wasting money and is China allow it to completely manufacturing jf17?
I think Egypt must have closer military relationship with India than Pakistan because Indian military industry is going to Western technologies
UAE buys a lot of COTS systems from India for missiles like motors, batteries, they are a good partner for now because they rely on UAE oil and expats so if they tried to sanction the UAE they would be at a bigger hit.

Western countries are the worst to rely on because of their strong liberal ideas, only sanctions on defense industry recently have been from countries like Canada, America, UK.

I think Egypt must have closer military relationship with India than Pakistan because Indian military industry is going to Western technologies and also closer military relationship with Indonesia and south Korea

Well, it's what the source said and the JF-17 rumor has been around longer than the Rafale one IIRC. Plus you know we try to be friendly with everyone and Pakistan is a very important nation to the Egyptian Armed Forces. Plus the origins of the JF-17 is obviously China which would be less restrictive than any western state like King Billip said. Still, not sure if it will happen. They might be trying to combine the sale of EAF Mirage V with a contract for the JF-17 but the French might be getting in the way since they were the original provider. It's a complicated web but good to see this relation develop. We are also friends with India but nothing against them, they deal with Israel extensively. But that doesn't prevent us from creating friendly relations with them as well.

We are also friends with India but nothing against them, they deal with Israel extensively. But that doesn't prevent us from creating friendly relations as well.
To be fair, Chinese are close with the Israelis as well many of their technologies have Israeli origins like J-10, and many of their air-to-air missiles.

Well, it's what the source said and the JF-17 rumor has been around longer than the Rafale one IIRC. Plus you know we try to be friendly with everyone and Pakistan is a very important nation to the Egyptian Armed Forces. Plus the origins of the JF-17 is obviously China which would be less restrictive than any western state like King Billip said. Still, not sure if it will happen. They might be trying to combine the sale of EAF Mirage V with a contract for the JF-17 but the French might be getting in the way since they were the original provider. It's a complicated web but good to see this relation develop. We are also friends with India but nothing against them, they deal with Israel extensively. But that doesn't prevent us from creating friendly relations with them as well.
Pakistan is closer to turkey than Egypt so we must use Indian cards

To be fair, Chinese are close with the Israelis as well many of their technologies have Israeli origins like J-10, and many of their air-to-air missiles.
Pakistan is closer to turkey than Egypt so we must use Indian cards

LOL I SURRENDER! Whatever you fellas think is best. :D I think it's just a matter of weighing options to see which is the best for the EAF in general and none of us make those decisions, we only speculate based on very limited information we get.

Egypt relies on its air strikes on the advanced Western tactic which is used in The US, and some European countries, which is the most difficult and complex, but its success rate is not less than 90% and the percentage of losses does not exceed 1%..

It follows the method of blinding, silencing, and then destroying successively. This occurs by blinding hostile air defense systems and radars completely from seeing, and this is done by "electronic warfare aircrafts" as Egypt has a very advanced fleet of AWACS aircraft (i.e. Hawkeye A2-C) and C130 electronic warfare platforms that are capable of jamming, eavesdropping and completely blinding ground systems, which allows the penetration of fighters with less thermal footprint in order to silence and open holes such as the "Rafale" fighters, which can close their radar and rely on the Spectra system for passive monitoring (which is the best in the world) and bombing air defense systems and completely silencing them , hence preventing themf rom launching any missiles Interceptors, then comes the stage of destroying the targets in an environment devoid of ground defenses, by means of F-16 Block 52 fighters, Rafale and MiG-29M2 fighters through bombs and cruise missiles that penetrate fortifications.

While the eastern countries use the principle of destruction with bombers or heavy fighters and securing them with interceptor fighters, you will find, for example, the state of Algeria that uses this method as it does not have electronic warfare planes and relies on heavy Su-30 fighters to carry out a strong destructive attack while under protection of the MiG-29 interceptor fighters relying on jamming pods to hide the fighters, this is the eastern scenario and it is the easiest, but its success and losses depend on the extent of the air defense networks and early warning circuits that the enemy possesses, as well as on the ability and experience of the fighter pilot and his mastery of the mission and the proficiency of using all his tools at the same time..

Egypt now combines the Western and Eastern methods and principles, as it possesses the semi-stealth Rafale fighters, the MiG-29M-M2 interceptor fighters, the F-16 Block 52 bomber fighters, the heavy Su-35 fighters, and an airborne electronic warfare fleet ..EAF also uses the UAE's A330 Mrtt aircraft that Egypt borrowed until the arrival of its contracted aircraft for refueling from the air and also relying on the ability of fighters to refuel each other in the air, and thus Egypt has unparalleled air integration that combines all methods of modern warfare so the Egyptian Air Force can deal comfortably and with great success with any operation or mission entrusted with it and achieve impressive results in which the success rate exceeds 90 % at least..

E-2C%20%28Egypte%29_001.jpg

pykCzqVI6Oodxkkp4a_4LhH4Z7sjqSUvQ66epqvbbAU.jpg

C-130E electronic intelligence (ELINT)
https://www.defenceweb.co.za/aerospace/aerospace-aerospace/egypt-getting-c-130-elint-capability/
f0ab49706b1e029900cc2f8b06dfc963.jpg

1472151-large.jpg

8x-yRxRGPjT9t6S9oirHkVzf4p9w5P7SzdOsaexykC0.jpg

article_5c5067da051d37_19165325.jpg

9822.jpg

egyptian_f-16.jpg

article_5f18909e39ab37_93221916.jpeg

Last edited:
Think about it for a minute Bro..
- It uses the same engine as the Mig-29M-M2
- Blk III has a modern AESA radar and sophisticated avionics and EW suites
- A LOT of potent weapons, air-to-air, bombs and cruise missiles from China

Remember that Egypt made 26 modifications on the JL-8 trainers when it was manufacturing it..

f624ead43791a1db8247fbb06e5939f4.jpg

Think about it for a minute Bro..
- It uses the same engine as the Mig-29M-M2
- Blk III has a modern AESA radar and sophisticated avionics and EW suites
- A LOT of potent weapons, air-to-air, bombs and cruise missiles from China

Remember that Egypt made 26 modifications on the JL-8 trainers when it was manufacturing it..

f624ead43791a1db8247fbb06e5939f4.jpg
You are right but still I think it's not enough for EAF level and still I think MIGs engine and Pakistani electronics just good against subsaharan countries

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom