What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

GERD dam crisis highlights the need for an Arab cruise missile, Egypt could acquire any amount (hopefully in the thousands) without being limited by MTCR restrictions.

Although suicide UAVs could be useful for use from Sudan, their payloads are too low. You could easily destroy air defense systems, as shown in Syria though so they would be useful in initial attacks.

1621818218692.png

RCS on this drone is likely so small, Ethiopian SAMs wouldn't see it until it is on top of them. Flying wings are inherently stealthy, and combined with its small size is where I came up with that conclusion.

If they pull that off, that would be the most impressive military accomplishment since Blitzkrieg! lol
I bet you the E-2Cs will be VERY busy. Dropping paras in will be difficult unless they know for sure they've taken out all SAMs and the few Su-27s in the Ethiopian air force. lumbering C-130s at drop-off altitudes will make easy targets for even just one Pechora.
The Thunderbolt units are already there.. we are talking about 12 km distance here.. after SEAD/DEAD it a matter of few minutes before they are there with their Sudanese counterparts..

مصر والسودان تستعدان للقيام بحملة عسكرية ضد إثيوبيا

The arrival of a very large number of Egyptian forces personnel to the State of Sudan in preparation for the launch of the largest military maneuver between the two armies from 26-31 of this month under the name "Protectors of the Nile".

In addition to the arrival of large columns for the first time from various branches and specialties, including equipment from the ground forces, armored vehicles and air defense systems, which arrived by sea on board the “Freedom 3” ship belonging to the Egyptian Armed Forces.

https://www.defense-arabic.com/2021/05/22/مصر-والسودان-تستعدان-للقيام-بحملة-عسك/

BTW:

Signs of war .. Ethiopian forces supported by militias are heading to areas controlled by Sudan after 20 years
Sudanese media reported, today, Friday, that crowds of Ethiopian forces supported by the Amhara militia headed towards the Ethiopian Qatrand settlement within the Sudanese lands of Al-Fashaqa in the state of Gedaref.

This comes two weeks after the Sudanese army took control of the Ethiopian "Shay Bait" settlement inside the lands of Al-Fashaqa.

Last January, Sudan was able to regain 17 regions and 8 settlements within its eastern borders, which were protected by Ethiopian militias, after battles that broke out last November and led to the recovery of 90% of these lands.

The movement of the Ethiopian forces came after battles that took place last Tuesday between the Sudanese army and the Ethiopian forces, and the former succeeded in recovering 20 thousand acres that had been controlled by the Ethiopians since 1995, 3 km from the Anfal camp.

https://stepagency-sy.net/2021/05/21/بوادر-حرب-قوات-إثيوبية-مدعومة-بمليشيا/

The Thunderbolt units are already there.. we are talking about 12 km distance here.. after SEAD/DEAD it a matter of few minutes before they are there with their Sudanese counterparts..

مصر والسودان تستعدان للقيام بحملة عسكرية ضد إثيوبيا

The arrival of a very large number of Egyptian forces personnel to the State of Sudan in preparation for the launch of the largest military maneuver between the two armies from 26-31 of this month under the name "Protectors of the Nile".

In addition to the arrival of large columns for the first time from various branches and specialties, including equipment from the ground forces, armored vehicles and air defense systems, which arrived by sea on board the “Freedom 3” ship belonging to the Egyptian Armed Forces.

https://www.defense-arabic.com/2021/05/22/مصر-والسودان-تستعدان-للقيام-بحملة-عسك/

I saw that. Not sure that pans out to a takeover scenario as you've outlined, but it's possible. I think this is more political than anything but you never know. That's a much more difficult operation, let alone costly and time consuming. it would make for the best result as we really don't want to destroy the dam. We don't want the people of Ethiopia to suffer the loss of a great economic and prosperous project like that. But not at cost of our water.

Plus Ethiopia is mired with Eritrea which would be happy to help Egypt out. I don't think Ethiopia realized how serious this was and played it like a game and is about to get its teeth knocked out, shame.

First tests of the Rafale F4

And for those who think that the new Egyptian Rafale fighter will be F3R standard.. they should know that the F3R will be up in 2022 and the F4 to start in 2022 up to 2030.. also surprise! surprise!.. there is talk about F5 and F6 and even F7 as France plans to keep the Rafale in service until 2070..

Hahaha, I know that is a funny mustache. The thing I always take away from these kinds of things is how people who don't follow the Egyptian military about all these training exercises -- and that they train quite a bit are always brutally criticized compared to Israel -- don't even realize how much they actually do train. And this specific JTAC is really for the entire branched of the SOFs of the army. They're the ones who go ahead of enemy lines and request specific airstrikes, just like those heroes in 1973 that were dropped off at nighttime way into the middle of Sinai at the passes! What bravery. These criticizers don't even know about the Rapid Deployment Forces to protect Sinai and keep bringing up 1967 lol.

This isn't our father's MiG-21 where you just hook up the missile and sometimes it fires and most of the time it's a dud lol. There is quite the technical routine in the Rafale from diagnostics runs to possible missile condition after attachment.

View attachment 746791

BTW, @Philip the Arab , @Wilhelm II , @HD Seeker-5000 , @ARCH٤R and @The SC and anyone else who wants to answer this question: If God forbid they attack the dam, and a portion takes off from Sudan while let's say the Rafales and F-16s take off from Aswan and aerial refueling will be needed for both ways, will the UAE offer its tanker service like it does for any "non-war" related requests? And can it under its purchase agreement?

I find this question very interesting because the UAE and Egypt are like one. They're allowed to use Egypt as a base to do whatever they want in Libya and if we needed any bases in the US to run joint operations like in Yemen, they would easily have access to that. But what about the sensitive issue of automatically becoming a participant in this war if they do provide tanker service? Are they even allowed to? I ask that question too because the US sales of their tankers to anyone else but Israel comes with HUGE clauses as to how far they can venture and possibly the involvement in war. Not sure about the latter. Would love to hear everyone's opinion.
It's hard to say because future is not clear maybe Ethiopia receive a superpower support but I think there is many options like sudani or Saudi bases fighter to fighter refueling or missile launching from Sudan or Saudi
I think it's possible because Egypt is big Allie and special country for UAE but also I think no need for it because Sudan is best base for attack

That is true..because Meteor wasn't tested on Rafale till 3 months ago.. the deal was 6 years ago..
3 months ago?!!!!!!! Even James may is faster
First tests of the Rafale F4

And for those who think that the new Egyptian Rafale fighter will be F3R standard.. they should know that the F3R will be up in 2022 and the F4 to start in 2022 up to 2030.. also surprise! surprise!.. there is talk about F5 and F6 and even F7 as France plans to keep the Rafale in service until 2070..
I can't understand why France Germany and Spain are waiting for
Jumping from forth generation fighters to sixth generation fighters
The have no limits to buy f35

3 months ago?!!!!!!! Even James may is faster

I can't understand why France Germany and Spain are waiting for
Jumping from forth generation fighters to sixth generation fighters
The have no limits to buy f35
They are going on with their FCAS..

Before that If Russia do something in Ukraine or Belarus and war will begin then russian surface to air systems will hunting ducks
I hope Egypt will join in UAE russian fighter project
Even if Egypt does not join the project..it will get that 5th generation fighter as it will be manufactured in the UAE.. that was the deal..

MiG-LMFS-wind-tunnel-model.jpg

GERD dam crisis highlights the need for an Arab cruise missile, Egypt could acquire any amount (hopefully in the thousands) without being limited by MTCR restrictions.

Although suicide UAVs could be useful for use from Sudan, their payloads are too low. You could easily destroy air defense systems, as shown in Syria though so they would be useful in initial attacks.

View attachment 746799

RCS on this drone is likely so small, Ethiopian SAMs wouldn't see it until it is on top of them. Flying wings are inherently stealthy, and combined with its small size is where I came up with that conclusion.
A lot of options for a cruise missile are there..
Greece-Egypt-Cyprus sign military cooperation deal

https://greekcitytimes.com/2021/04/07/greece-egypt-cyprus-military-deal/

Greece has the Makedon project that Egypt can develop with them in a joint venture..

bskm.jpg

bskmacedon.jpg

There are other options with China, Ukraine, And the UAE and KSA..

A lot of options for a cruise missile are there..
Greece-Egypt-Cyprus sign military cooperation deal

https://greekcitytimes.com/2021/04/07/greece-egypt-cyprus-military-deal/

Greece has the Makedon project that Egypt can develop with them in a joint venture..

bskm.jpg

bskmacedon.jpg

There are other options with China, Ukraine, And the UAE and KSA..
I am 98% sure Halcon is developing a cruise missile similar to the MUPSOW or TORGOS which Denel helped Pakistan develop into the Ra'ad ALCM.

1621902354924.png

1621902510057.png

Or maybe a system like Raptor 3 with TV/IIR guidance which allows pinpoint accuracy and very long ranges of 300km.

Last edited:
Troops from the Egyptian army and the Egyptian thunderbolt in Sudan

Doc-P-809724-637531554056099089.jpg

df6c2892ea.jpg

EgyptToday-mnsda28.jpg

Urgent..Alarabyia

Ethiopia: We will review our relationship with the US if it continues to meddle in our affairs..

This came after The U.S. imposed “wide-ranging” economic sanctions against Ethiopia today to push the African nation led by a Nobel laureate to end violence in Tigray that has killed thousands of people and displaced hundreds of thousands more.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...rict-economic-aid-to-ethiopia-over-tigray-war

I am 98% sure Halcon is developing a cruise missile similar to the MUPSOW or TORGOS which Denel helped Pakistan develop into the Ra'ad ALCM.

View attachment 747067

View attachment 747068

Or maybe a system like Raptor 3 with TV/IIR guidance which allows pinpoint accuracy and very long ranges of 300km.
Hopefully the UAE does that.. it is not out of its reach..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom