What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Nice toy I want one of them

I believe it is the only helicopter of any type -- this one being an attack helo -- with an ejection system for the pilots. Not sure but I don't think any other maker has copied and introduced ejection systems in their helicopters besides the Ka-52.

"Link 16 is a military tactical data link network used by NATO and nations allowed by the MIDS International Program Office (IPO). Its specification is part of the family of Tactical Data Links. With Link 16, military aircraft as well as ships and ground forces may exchange their tactical picture in near-real time."

It was not approved for Egypt yet as far as we know.. but with SISMOA who knows.. it might have been approved or on the verge of being..

But as you know Egypt is not waiting.. and for "just in case".. it has developed the RISC2..

So I'm trying to find out is @Frogman 's or @MICA 's comments about the F-16s in the EAF having link 16 posted somewhere in this thread and I just spent an hour looking for the posts and gave up simply because this thread is too long. The reason I do believe them before this new RISC2 has been developed is because they were very adamant about more Rafales instead of Russian aircraft and one of the very important factors was having this already western compatible data sharing capabilities and from what I remember, the latter member had close relations to the military and his info was always correct.

Now my question is since @sami_1 's post about all the ELINT and recon and no more contracting with the US for newer E-2D Hawkeyes because of the downgrading, then how was it possible, all these years and with over 200 F-16s to have 8 E-2C Hawkeyes and 2 Compass calls and the Beechcraft ELINT recon aircraft but especially the E-2C to rapidly share info with all the F-16s in the fleet?

So I'm trying to find out is @Frogman 's or @MICA 's comments about the F-16s in the EAF having link 16 posted somewhere in this thread and I just spent an hour looking for the posts and gave up simply because this thread is too long. The reason I do believe them before this new RISC2 has been developed is because they were very adamant about more Rafales instead of Russian aircraft and one of the very important factors was having this already western compatible data sharing capabilities and from what I remember, the latter member had close relations to the military and his info was always correct.

Now my question is since @sami_1 's post about all the ELINT and recon and no more contracting with the US for newer E-2D Hawkeyes because of the downgrading, then how was it possible, all these years and with over 200 F-16s to have 8 E-2C Hawkeyes and 2 Compass calls and the Beechcraft ELINT recon aircraft but especially the E-2C to rapidly share info with all the F-16s in the fleet?
That means Link -16 is in the EAF.. if you want more proof.. don't lok too far.. It is stated in one of my new posts or threads..

OK..here it is:

"For Western-made fighters, data sharing for Egypt is easy as fighters “carry unified Link-16 tactical data links or connect through early warning platforms currently in service with the Egyptian Air Force, such as E2C Hawkeye AEW & C,” Gamal said."

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/egyp...o-more-than-72-fighters-in-the-future.711609/

Last edited:
You know what's funny? Ever since the Rafale was introduced and they scraped the Mirage 4000 proptptye which at the time I thought would be the next Mirage with 2 engines and a simpler form of the close-coupled canards and then I saw what I though was this atrocity (at the time, mind you), I was so bummed out! How could Dassault get red of this spectacular feat of engineering.....

View attachment 744466

View attachment 744469

And replace it with this disaster!!!???

View attachment 744470

The worst part for me aesthetically was the grove they made in the forward side fuesleage to allow airflow into the intakes. It lookes like an design and engineering mistake.

View attachment 744471

Obviously i wasn't the only one since one production of this "then" ugly aircraft compared to the exquisite Mirage 4000 didn't attract any customers for what, close to 20 years of its existence? I figured that was the end of Dassault.

Then they went into high=tech mode to make the aircraft attractive from a military standpoint which was SPECTRA and EW with cockpit fusion and HMDS and decoys and many other things but the price was still too high.

Then is 2007, this pic came out as a rumor that France was pitching the Rafale to Egypt and all of a sudden, our eyes popped out.

View attachment 744474

All of a sudden our interests had peaked. But then the Indian MRCA started and it was such a big deal which made it ebven more surprising that they chose the Rafale out of all the incredible aircraft competing including the latest F-16, F-18, Gripen (which we thought would be the winner) and the MiG-35. But then it was at least 8 years later and we come to find out that Egypt has been the first customer of the Rafale and of course when it shows up in Egyptian color, that changed everything! especially the introduction of BVR MICAS and the SCALP and the Metero was a huge part of the change of love affair. 😁

View attachment 744475
IMO if the M4K had come to fruition, it'd likely be a strike-focused fighter. Basically, France may have went for those instead of the Mirage 2000N/D, especially for the nuclear attack role. However, the Rafale would have likely continued as a separate medium-weight solution.

That means Link -16 is in the EAF.. if you want more proof.. don't lok too far.. It is stated in one of my new posts ot threads..

OK..here it is:

"For Western-made fighters, data sharing for Egypt is easy as fighters “carry unified Link-16 tactical data links or connect through early warning platforms currently in service with the Egyptian Air Force, such as E2C Hawkeye AEW & C,” Gamal said."

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/egyp...o-more-than-72-fighters-in-the-future.711609/

Great! Thank you ma bro. I was looking in the wrong place and wasted a lot of time lol.

IMO if the M4K had come to fruition, it'd likely be a strike-focused fighter. Basically, France may have went for those instead of the Mirage 2000N/D, especially for the nuclear attack role. However, the Rafale would have likely continued as a separate medium-weight solution.

Interesting because that's what @HD Seeker-5000 said as well. It wouldn't be used much as an A2A platform or even a multi-role? Interesting and you guys are probably right.

I believe it is the only helicopter of any type -- this one being an attack helo -- with an ejection system for the pilots. Not sure but I don't think any other maker has copied and introduced ejection systems in their helicopters besides the Ka-52.
I love coaxial rotor helicopters
I thought kamov 52 ejection system was cancelled

I am assuming you can translate as well [emoji38]
You should learn Arabic..HaHaHa!

Well..very briefly.. it says that In case the F-35 opens its radar ..the Rafale can spot it from 170 km with its AESA radar or its “Front Sector Optronics” (FSO) system that is fully integrated into the aircraft. Operating in the optronic wavelengths, it is immune to radar jamming and it provides covert long-range detection and identification, high resolution angular tracking and laser range-finding for air, sea and ground targets, as well as its SPECTRA system that carries out reliable long-range detection, identification and localisation of threats,.The outstanding capability of SPECTRA regarding airborne threat localisation, is one of the keys of the Rafale’s superior situational awareness... and if the F-35 does not open its radar and neither do the Rafale..the fight will be WVR where the Rafale will have the upper hand due to its capacity to carry more air to air missiles..

Here is more about the Rafale smart and discreet sensors:

https://www.dassault-aviation.com/en/defense/rafale/a-wide-range-of-smart-and-discrete-sensors/

You should learn Arabic..HaHaHa!

Well..very briefly.. it says that In case the F-35 opens its radar ..the Rafale can spot it from 170 km with its AESA radar or its “Front Sector Optronics” (FSO) system that is fully integrated into the aircraft. Operating in the optronic wavelengths, it is immune to radar jamming and it provides covert long-range detection and identification, high resolution angular tracking and laser range-finding for air, sea and ground targets, as well as its SPECTRA system that carries out reliable long-range detection, identification and localisation of threats,.The outstanding capability of SPECTRA regarding airborne threat localisation, is one of the keys of the Rafale’s superior situational awareness... and if the F-35 does not open its radar and neither do the Rafale..the fight will be WVR where the Rafale will have the upper hand due to its capacity to carry more air to air missiles..

Here is more about the Rafale smart and discreet sensors:

https://www.dassault-aviation.com/en/defense/rafale/a-wide-range-of-smart-and-discrete-sensors/

And also the RBE2 AESA which is very difficult to jam and spoof and can detect 40 targets at once. He didn't mention how many it would prioritize, but I would guess 10. Of course no one will believe any of that simply because of the usual stuff, it's poorly trained Egypt. The thing is, this generation of pilots from both sides are much different than the ones of the past and electronics is much more emphasized in the training aspects of flight schools along with the new technics that they allow you to employ.

I hope we see the Rafales more than the F-16s in the UAE's bilateral air combat school training program it has every year unless it stopped having them.

BTW, speaking of radars, you know the ERBIS-E on the Su-35SE is so powerful it can actually count the turbine fan blades in an enemy's aircraft engine through it's inlet! lool. I nearly fell out of my chair when I read that.

And also the RBE2 AESA which is very difficult to jam and spoof and can detect 40 targets at once. He didn't mention how many it would prioritize, but I would guess 10. Of course no one will believe any of that simply because of the usual stuff, it's poorly trained Egypt. The thing is, this generation of pilots from both sides are much different than the ones of the past and electronics is much more emphasized in the training aspects of flight schools along with the new technics that they allow you to employ.

I hope we see the Rafales more than the F-16s in the UAE's bilateral air combat school training program it has every year unless it stopped having them.

BTW, speaking of radars, you know the ERBIS-E on the Su-35SE is so powerful it can actually count the turbine fan blades in an enemy's aircraft engine through it's inlet! lool. I nearly fell out of my chair when I read that.
Those are facts bro.. They believe or not ..who cares when the facts are there..

@The SC , here's some of those JTAC pic of the Egyptian units guiding EAF F-16s to targets. I just googled them instead of searching this huge thread and I'll try to find the one with the dedicated uniformed units.

1621788313872.png

Check out the fella with the UAE AF and the logo on his right arm.

1621788413671.png

Another Egyptian JTAC officer directing the F-16s to marked targets with US personnel during BS 2018.

1621788533675.png

And here are the ground units supplying flares and smoke packs and coordinates to controllers.

1621788645608.png

And here's one of the videos that shows a short clip of the buzzing EAF F-16 on JTAC CAS training. Flying at very high rate of speed and most of those are block 52+ with maybe the exception of the pair.

I didn't want to post this on @Philip the Arab UAE Engine thread because I didn't want to derail his topic.

Jordanian? Can't seem to find the UAE JTAC you are talking about unfortunately.

Sorry, Jordanian. I admit, those similar flags between Sudan, UAE, Palestine and Jordan get me confused even after all these years. I think there is another pic of a UAE fella since they were participating in there. I think the little white star should be a solid indicator from now on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom