What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Jordanian? Can't seem to find the UAE JTAC you are talking about unfortunately.
Last picture have emiratis
Sorry, Jordanian. I admit, those similar flags between Sudan, UAE, Palestine and Jordan get me confused even after all these years. I think there is another pic of a UAE fella since they were participating in there. I think the little white star should be a solid indicator from now on.
No you are right there is emiratis Egyptians Jordanian and that American mustache guy

There is a strong message being sent to Ethiopia with all the exercising going on with Sudan. We haven't seen such a contingency of fighter planes and troops gathered in the name of an obvious exercise, "Nile Protectors."

Merowe Air Base in Sudan.

1621795925084.png

Sudanese pilot in the backseat of an EAF MiG-29M2

1621796343009.png

1621796814255.png

I'll post more pics of the troops and high level military staff that you typically don't see in simple exercises. I think the water is starting to boil.

Last edited:
You should learn Arabic..HaHaHa!

Well..very briefly.. it says that In case the F-35 opens its radar ..the Rafale can spot it from 170 km with its AESA radar or its “Front Sector Optronics” (FSO) system that is fully integrated into the aircraft. Operating in the optronic wavelengths, it is immune to radar jamming and it provides covert long-range detection and identification, high resolution angular tracking and laser range-finding for air, sea and ground targets, as well as its SPECTRA system that carries out reliable long-range detection, identification and localisation of threats,.The outstanding capability of SPECTRA regarding airborne threat localisation, is one of the keys of the Rafale’s superior situational awareness... and if the F-35 does not open its radar and neither do the Rafale..the fight will be WVR where the Rafale will have the upper hand due to its capacity to carry more air to air missiles..

Here is more about the Rafale smart and discreet sensors:

https://www.dassault-aviation.com/en/defense/rafale/a-wide-range-of-smart-and-discrete-sensors/

If I am not mistaken Egyptian we’re given mica but no meteor part of first order not sure about second , anyone seen meteor on Egyptian aircraft ?
Pictures ?

There is a strong message being sent to Ethiopia with all the exercising going on with Sudan. We haven't seen such a contingency of fighter planes and troops gathered in the name of an obvious exercise, "Nile Protectors."

Merowe Air Base in Sudan.

View attachment 746704

Sudanese pilot in the backseat of an EAF MiG-29M2

View attachment 746706

View attachment 746710

I'll post more pics of the troops and high level military staff that you typically don't see in simple exercises. I think the water is starting to boil.
Urgent | Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry:
- Ethiopia has no sovereignty over the Nile because it is an international river
- Egypt will not tolerate any harm that falls on it
- We monitor on a daily basis the stages of building the dam or retaining water
- The second filling, on its own, is considered a departure from the agreement of principles, and Egypt rejects it and is considered a breach of international law
- If Ethiopia proceeds with the second filling of the dam, there will be a state of instability in the Horn of Africa and a state of tension and severe unrest in the region.
- What is meant by taking full precautions is in the event that a binding agreement is reached with the Ethiopian side only
- Egypt will not accept and will not be complacent in preserving its water share and rejects any damage to its historical share
- Egypt continues its negotiations regarding the Renaissance Dam on the African and international track until they become witnesses to Ethiopia's position

Last edited:
Urgent | Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry:
- Ethiopia has no sovereignty over the Nile because it is an international river
- Egypt will not tolerate any harm that falls on it
- We monitor on a daily basis the stages of building the dam or retaining water
- The second filling, on its own, is considered a departure from the agreement of principles, and Egypt rejects it and is considered a breach of international law
- If Ethiopia proceeds with the second filling of the dam, there will be a state of instability in the Horn of Africa and a state of tension and severe unrest in the region.
- What is meant by taking full precautions is in the event that a binding agreement is reached with the Ethiopian side only
- Egypt will not accept and will not be complacent in preserving its water share and rejects any damage to its historical share
- Egypt continues its negotiations regarding the Renaissance Dam on the African and international track until they become witnesses to Ethiopia's position

Yeah I read that earlier today and this is one of the rarest times I've heard him speak in a heavy tone like that. That can only mean they've reached their wit's end with the games Ethiopia is playing. I don't ever recalling him making a statement like that first line. That is about as close to saying "we're going to take action" in the most diplomatic manner.

Let's hope for the gazilionth time that diplomacy prevails. I don't think Ethiopia wants a bash on the head from Egypt and Sudan, and Egypt being in Sudan offers it more protection and who knows what else will be moved there.

A lot of time, these kinds of military movements are like final messages without resorting to any type of force. And Aby has a lot on his plate with the Tigray situation and postponing the elections etc.

There was a comment made by someone with some type of agricultural knowledge in Egypt that Ethiopia doesn't even have enough water to perform the 2nd filling at the rate that they want. If there is any truth to that, it only makes the situation much more dire for Egypt and it'll have no choice but to do something. I don't think the Su-35's are ready, but there are more than enough of the other fighters to take care of any special needs.

Funny cuz as much as we all want to see the EAF take action and talk about it and see pictures etc., it's much better that it doesn't come down to that. ISA some agreement is signed before action is taken.

Last picture have emiratis

No you are right there is emiratis Egyptians Jordanian and that American mustache guy

Hahaha, I know that is a funny mustache. The thing I always take away from these kinds of things is how people who don't follow the Egyptian military about all these training exercises -- and that they train quite a bit are always brutally criticized compared to Israel -- don't even realize how much they actually do train. And this specific JTAC is really for the entire branched of the SOFs of the army. They're the ones who go ahead of enemy lines and request specific airstrikes, just like those heroes in 1973 that were dropped off at nighttime way into the middle of Sinai at the passes! What bravery. These criticizers don't even know about the Rapid Deployment Forces to protect Sinai and keep bringing up 1967 lol.

This isn't our father's MiG-21 where you just hook up the missile and sometimes it fires and most of the time it's a dud lol. There is quite the technical routine in the Rafale from diagnostics runs to possible missile condition after attachment.

1621812288929.png

BTW, @Philip the Arab , @Wilhelm II , @HD Seeker-5000 , @ARCH٤R and @The SC and anyone else who wants to answer this question: If God forbid they attack the dam, and a portion takes off from Sudan while let's say the Rafales and F-16s take off from Aswan and aerial refueling will be needed for both ways, will the UAE offer its tanker service like it does for any "non-war" related requests? And can it under its purchase agreement?

I find this question very interesting because the UAE and Egypt are like one. They're allowed to use Egypt as a base to do whatever they want in Libya and if we needed any bases in the US to run joint operations like in Yemen, they would easily have access to that. But what about the sensitive issue of automatically becoming a participant in this war if they do provide tanker service? Are they even allowed to? I ask that question too because the US sales of their tankers to anyone else but Israel comes with HUGE clauses as to how far they can venture and possibly the involvement in war. Not sure about the latter. Would love to hear everyone's opinion.

Last edited:
BTW, @Philip the Arab , @Wilhelm II , @HD Seeker-5000 , @ARCH٤R and @The SC and anyone else who wants to answer this question: If God forbid they attack the dam, and a portion takes off from Sudan while let's sat the Rafales and F-16s take off from Aswan and aerial refueling will be needed for both ways, will the UAE offer its tanker service like it does for any "non-war" related requests?

I find this question very interesting because the UAE and Egypt are like one. They're allowed to use Egypt as a base to do whatever they want in Libya and if we needed any bases in the US to run joint operations like in Yemen, they would easily have access to that. But what about the sensitive issue of automatically becoming a participant in this war if they do provide tanker service? Are they even allowed to? I ask that question too because the US sales of their tankers to anyone else but Israel comes with HUGE clauses as to how far they can venture and possibly the involvement in war. Not sure about the latter. Would love to hear everyone's opinion.
Good question, I don't know if UAE would allow tankers to be used. They have used them over Libya and the French didn't seem to object but this is a different type of matter altogether.

It is hard to predict, I guess we'll have to wait and I see I suppose. IMO if they were willing to give tanker support they might as well participate with their Mirage-2000s as well. UAE could pull off an operation alone, its too bad they aren't as focused on the issue as they should be. I think it is a matter of national security to help Egypt and it would be important for the UAE, but I can't say for certain.

Mirage-2000-9 with Halcon PGMs and Mica missiles
1621813302574.png

UAE could also provide satellite imagery from the FalconEye 2 which is supposedly higher than this quality image from its French ancestor satellite.

The image is too high quality for this forum so here is the link

Last edited:
Hahaha, I know that is a funny mustache. The thing I always take away from these kinds of things is how people who don't follow the Egyptian military about all these training exercises -- and that they train quite a bit are always brutally criticized compared to Israel -- don't even realize how much they actually do train. And this specific JTAC is really for the entire branched of the SOFs of the army. They're the ones who go ahead of enemy lines and request specific airstrikes, just like those heroes in 1973 that were dropped off at nighttime way into the middle of Sinai at the passes! What bravery. These criticizers don't even know about the Rapid Deployment Forces to protect Sinai and keep bringing up 1967 lol.

This isn't our father's MiG-21 where you just hook up the missile and sometimes it fires and most of the time it's a dud lol. There is quite the technical routine in the Rafale from diagnostics runs to possible missile condition after attachment.

View attachment 746791

BTW, @Philip the Arab , @Wilhelm II , @HD Seeker-5000 , @ARCH٤R and @The SC and anyone else who wants to answer this question: If God forbid they attack the dam, and a portion takes off from Sudan while let's say the Rafales and F-16s take off from Aswan and aerial refueling will be needed for both ways, will the UAE offer its tanker service like it does for any "non-war" related requests? And can it under its purchase agreement?

There is an ongoing land forces exercise with the UAE as we speak (The launch of the joint Egyptian-Emirati training activities (Zayed 3) in the United Arab Emirates) that will be going on for the next 2 weeks!
A tanker at this stage in not even needed as the Egyptian fighter planes can land in Sudan and refuel there..

Zayed 3 joint military exercise

Egypt, UAE begin Zayed 3 joint military exercise

thumbs_b_c_8261ed767f38d0a7c9d4ae7cf1afeead.jpg

IF..there is war..it will be mainly a land war with air cover and interception..because the best results will come from taking the whole area of the DAM with it and without destroying it..since that area belongs to Sudan Historically.. and Ethiopia does not recognize the deals that were made during the British presence in the region.. Sudan can also skip those deals and just claim its lands back..and there is already a small war going on between the population of those lands and the Ethiopian government.. so these tribes will certainly participate with Sudan and Egypt if they make the move..and at least supply them with valuable intel about Ethiopian's army moves..

Last edited:
If I am not mistaken Egyptian we’re given mica but no meteor part of first order not sure about second , anyone seen meteor on Egyptian aircraft ?
Pictures ?

To add to what The SC said, the EAF is renowned for not loading up it's aircraft with much of its inventory. For example, the SCALP has been in Egypt for quite some time yet we haven't seen a single pic or moment where one of the EAF Rafales is carrying one. As a matter of fact, there was only a SIPRI inventory article (they're usually pretty accurate but have made mistakes) that confirmed France had fixed the US component that prevented the sale of the SCALPs to Egypt and that the EAF had received all 50 it had ordered. This was almost a year and a half ago yet not one single comment from the armed forces or a single pic until a couple of months ago when we saw those pics of one of the SCALPs on static display with the MICAs and they were having some briefing in Egypt!

Another source claims Egypt acquired more than 100 SCALPs! Why they play these games is an Egyptian military trait, strategy call it whatever you want. They don't like to display all their power in a showing off way and all of a sudden, especially with those very potent weapons.

Even some of the Russians claim that not only the long range R-27ER has been sold to Egypt with the MiG-29/35s, but also the RVV-AE or R-77-1 with 110km range. Yet we've only seen the RVV-SD, or the newly modernized R-77 with 80km range. They're a bit weird when it comes to that kind of thing.

They're very secretive about the heavy duty weapons that Israel and the US don't want us to have. I expect the same treatment will be done with the meteor once it arrives or if it's already there.

Egypt will get a spy satellite like the UAE FalconEye 2 probably, Pleaides is what it is based off but the FalconEye 2 is upgraded.
Here is some imagery for you guys to take a look at from the Pleaides satellite. It is such a good quality, and this may even be a blurred image to hide its true capabilities. UAE, and Egypt in the future now has really good Image intelligence capabilities, and most likely there is intelligence sharing between UAE and Egypt.

Last edited:
Egypt will get a spy satellite like the UAE FalconEye 2 probably, Pleaides is what it is based off but the FalconEye 2 is upgraded.
Here is some imagery for you guys to take a look at from the Pleaides satellite. It is such a good quality, and this may even be a blurred image to hide its true capabilities. UAE, and Egypt in the future now has really good Image intelligence capabilities, and most likely there is intelligence sharing between UAE and Egypt.

One need to have a cluster of the Pleiades satellites in order to be fully efficient.. at least 2.. But with the UAE having one and Egypt getting another one, they can cooperate efficiently in the region..

Good question, I don't know if UAE would allow tankers to be used. They have used them over Libya and the French didn't seem to object but this is a different type of matter altogether.

It is hard to predict, I guess we'll have to wait and I see I suppose. IMO if they were willing to give tanker support they might as well participate with their Mirage-2000s as well. UAE could pull off an operation alone, its too bad they aren't as focused on the issue as they should be. I think it is a matter of national security to help Egypt and it would be important for the UAE, but I can't say for certain.

I would think based on the brotherly love between both countries that not only would they help Egypt with the tankers if they don't break any usage agreements, they would probably offer intel and possibly additional, heavier commitments and not only that, we could very well see Saudi do something very impressive to also assist Egypt. Although I'm tempted to think that Egypt doesn't want to get them involved for the sake of keeping them out of another mess, but the tankers I think will be a must, despite the proximity from where they area in Sudan.

There is an ongoing land forces exercise with the UAE as we speak and will be going for the next 2 weeks!
A tanker at this stage in not even needed as the Egyptian fighter planes can land in Sudan and refuel there..

While it's true that the Gerd is almost walking distance from the Sudanese border and probably a 10 minute flight in an F-16 from Khartoum (not even in afterburner), I don't think that will be the only launching site. As a matter of fact, I think they will limit the launching from Sudan for the sake of that country even though it's also in need of its water. But if they'll be conducting air strikes, I guarantee that most of the flights will be out of Aswan and a longer route along the coast line at low altitude along the Red Sea and come in from the east.

Remember, they don't have to only destroy the dam, they have to perform a complete military strategy where they take out all AD sites first, command and control centers, airports, aircraft etc. So I wouldn't be surprised to see the navy launching Ka-52s but especially apaches at nighttime. A lot of MiG action with Kryptons and Rafales with SCALPs. This won't be easy and I think like Shoukry said, it will destabilize the area big time.

IF..there is war..it will be mainly a land war with air cover and interception..because the best results will come from taking the whole area of the DAM with it and without destroying it..

Really? You think they're going to take it over instead of destroying it? That might be the best solution, but if I'm reading all the signs, especially what shoukry said, the plan is different and holding it could get them mired in a long term commitment they don't need. But I do think they will drop off a bunch of SOF with explosives to set up a prelim diversion and provide real-time and onsite intel. Bomb and destroy the crap out of it and as much of their military structure until they sign on the dotted line.

Last edited:
I would think based on the brotherly love between both countries that not only would they help Egypt with the tankers if they don't break any usage agreements, they would probably offer intel and possibly additional, heavier commitments and not only that, we could very well see Saudi do something very impressive to also assist Egypt. Although I'm tempted to think that Egypt doesn't want to get them involved for the sake of keeping them out of another mess, but the tankers I think will be a must, despite the proximity from where they area in Sudan.

While it's true that the Gerd is almost walking distance from the Sudanese border and probably a 10 minute flight in an F-16 from Khartoum (not even in afterburner), I don't think that will be the only launching site. As a matter of fact, I think they will limit the launching from Sudan for the sake of that country even though it's also in need of its water. But if they'll be conducting air strikes, I guarantee that most of the flights will be out of Aswan and a longer route along the coast line at low altitude along the Red Sea and come in from the east.

Remember, they don't have to only destroy the dam, they have to perform a complete military strategy where they take out all AD sites first, command and control centers, airports, aircraft etc. So I wouldn't be surprised to see the navy launching Ka-52s but especially apaches at nighttime. A lot of MiG action with Kryptons and Rafales with SCALPs. This won't be easy and I think like Shoukry said, it will destabilize the area big time.

Really? You think they're going to take it over instead of destroying it? That might be the best solution, but if I'm reading all the signs, especially what shoukry said, the plan is different and holding it could get them mired in a long term commitment they don't need. But I do think they will drop off a bunch of SOF with explosives to set up a prelim diversion and provide real-time and onsite intel. Bomb and destroy the crap out of it and as much of their military structure until they sign on the dotted line.
Nop Bro..holding it till either Ethiopia signs the deal or keep it and go to the UN with the case of it being historically on Sudanese land.. then keep it for good with a financial compensation to Ethiopia for half the price of its construction..HaHaHa!

Nop Bro..holding it till either Ethiopia signs the deal or keep it and go to the UN with the case of it being historically on Sudanese land.. then keep it for good with a financial compensation to Ethiopia for half the price of its construction..HaHaHa!

If they pull that off, that would be the most impressive military accomplishment since Blitzkrieg! lol
I bet you the E-2Cs will be VERY busy. Dropping paras in will be difficult unless they know for sure they've taken out all SAMs and the few Su-27s in the Ethiopian air force. lumbering C-130s at drop-off altitudes will make easy targets for even just one Pechora.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom