What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Yes in that video about the Italian Berghamini.. there were a lot of cells, certainly more than 16.. But hey, I guess the EN knows what it needs..

Are you saying you saw more than 16 cells in that video of the Egyptian Berghamini? Wiki even claims they only have 16 unlike the French FREMM with 32 but that the 16 on the Berghamini are interchangeable between the Aster 15s and 30s. Maybe the best thing is to get the best available pic and take a look?

This is the best one I could find on short notice but hard to figure if those are 8 & 8 or 16 & 16.

1619094677260.png

Looking at one of the better Egyptian FREMM pics from above, they seem to be arranged back to back. But are there more here than the pic above where they're stacked side by side?

1619095172464.png

Last edited:
Helwa awi ya Ostaz sc Basha! Ramadan Kareem ya m3alem.

Not sure what's going on with the Katrans but they're really focusing on the Navy which is a great thing and most of it is to somehow gain some sort of parody with the GOBBLE GOBBLES to the north.

But I also thought it was a great thing how Putin used Sisi's "Red Line" phrase in his address at the Union yesterday. Sisi has done something that we'll start seeing a lot more people use simply because if worked.

Sisi said my Red line is from Sirte to whatever and the Gobble Gobbles backed right the frig off and now you'll be seeing a lot more people use it thanks to the GREAT ABDEL FATAH EL SISI!

"Don't mess with my RED LINE or you'll regret it BIG TIME! BRAVO!
View attachment 736281

I have a request, I searched for it but two things, ran out of patience because I couldn't find it. But could someone please post the link to or the You Tube video itself with the American ambassador's interview with an Egyptian reporter where he claimed that the United States has helped Egypt set up a complete self defense missile system around Cairo (must be a PAC-2/3? that's why that question was asked all the time but they're secretly positioned) in several vital places? I think it was @ARCH٤R who posted it because it was supposed to be a huge announcement about the F-16s and we kinda anticipated either a new missile upgrade or an MLU. Turned out to be be neither lol, Arch or SC or whomever posted it, could you kindly repost it for me. A fellow on the Russian forum was surprised and I told him I would post it once I found it. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I will owe you a favor like a virtual hug or something! :D
It was mentioned in an interview made by Lamees El Hadeedy on Al Hadath. I believe it was in 2019 or early 2020.

Helwa awi ya Ostaz sc Basha! Ramadan Kareem ya m3alem.

Not sure what's going on with the Katrans but they're really focusing on the Navy which is a great thing and most of it is to somehow gain some sort of parody with the GOBBLE GOBBLES to the north.

The navy is very important for Egypt cause of the gas fields in the mediterranean sea off the coast of Egypt. I remember when Erdogan tried to change the sea-borders, said that Greece has less right and Turkey has right of a large junk there next to Libya and north of Egypt. The problem with that was that if Greece would really has less sea borders, then Turkey still cant take its place there cause Egypt's sea borders automatically would expand. So navy is important for Egypt to thwart Erdogans next tries.

First of all, I'm actually pretty happy to see you post, even if it is a bit of a harsh comment towards me but I deserve it since I do want to clear the air so that maybe we see more of you and even more Pakistani members asking similar questions that don't set me off and I will answer honestly either way, just like I did but not in a good manner I do admit that,

That said, I appreciate the respect you used to have towards me during our exchanges and hopefully I can gain it back since I really enjoyed a lot of our exchanges, especially about Libya and Egypt. I will do my best to make this as brief as possible but a while ago, there was a thread about the PAF training with Arab air forces somewhere in either Saudi Arabia or the UAE and this person claimed to be present at the pilot's briefings (she was a female) and reading her posts, it just seemed like she was trying too hard to be important in that respect or whatever. You know when someone uses big words and you can tell they don't understand what they mean? lol I might have gotten the wrong impression but then out of the blue, she said "most Pakistani and other nationality pilots mentioned they didn't like flying with the Egyptians because they are too dangerous" and please don't take it word for word but something similar. So I started a polite exchange with her to first see what her qualifications were to actually be in the post briefing room of all these different fighter pilots (almost no one on earth gets that type of privilege since the briefing is almost strictly between the pilots and commanders themselves ONLY.)

So right then and there I realized there was quite a bit of untruth to what she was saying and I left it at that, No, sorry I showed her pics that we've been fling formations with US fighters since the late 70's and doing refueling qualifications almost every two years etc, The other fellow Mr. @MastanKhan was supporting her and claiming she was something important with a title I didn't even understand to tell you the truth. Ok, fine, I left it at that and got the heck out of that threat.

However, on a separate thread about Egypt and all the money it was supposedly given by Saudiya and the UAE and a couple other countries I forget sorry were the reason why Egypt was able to buy all these new weapons and basically what Egypt did was "lose its soul for some dollars" and whoops, that pretty much set me off against that individual.

I've been trying to explain to almost everyone on this board who thinks that that it is an impossibility. None of our brotherly Muslim countries would give billions to Egypt to buy all these weapons LOL! This was right around 2013 when Sisi took out Morsi and so of course it didn't look good when one of his first objectives was the renewal of the armed forces from top to bottom. Egypt needed immediate help to STABILIZE the country from falling into a failed abyss and those billions were used to provide collateral against subsidized important items that Sisi didn't want to impose but was forced to on a few others and especially use the billions as collateral for loans through the IMF and one more important part where a lot of that money was used was to set up the platforms, rigging and pipelines and improve the only 2 LNG processing plants for all the gas that Egypt had just discovered. It was also used to pay Italy which was doing most of the exploration including for oil in the western desert. The great Egyptian tourism, Red Sea resorts and the Suez Canal revenue was going to take decades.

Now all that gas that was found in the largest Mediterranean field that belongs to Egypt is being extracted & produced 24/7 as a matter of fact Israel just paid Egypt $15 billion to liquify its own gas in our plants. The entire world knows Egypt is loaded with gas fields now and it's basically a guaranteed money pit that needs A LOT OF HEAVY PROTECTION of all kinds which is why France agreed on the Mistral and Rafales and FREMM and we used their financing to purchase all that. Not the lost soul money lol what an insult with nothing to back it up but built-in hatred. That collateral is so powerful and worth so much which is why Russia and Italy are supplying all the military equipment we elected to purchase from them on guaranteed LOANS.

So when someone who clearly despises your kind for the reasons we all know says "Egyptians sold their soul for a few dollars and a few shiny toys". sorry my good friend, between that exceptional insult and this new laptop I'm barely getting used to, I pretty much had to set the record straight, Again, I do apologize for going about it the wrong way.

Even @The SC tried many times to explain to people that through the 30 years of Mubarak rule, the money the military was making left and right that he wasn't putting in his pocket was put into the military reserves. Yes, believe it or not, Egypt has a HUGE military budget reserve and at the time Sisis took power, it was around $30 billion maybe even more. But of course no one believes this stuff, I know it's hard to believe when they see the poverty of the slums in Egypt which EVERY country has even here in the great US.

Granted it's only a forum and no one should really take any of these insults to heart but between this laptop and the degeneration that was going on, they did, But let me tell you something between you, me and the lamp post......a lot of my posts were messed with after the fact which is another travesty in itself and I'll leave it at that,

So to all the Pakistani members I offended with my comments in the past few pages including you @MastanKhan , I do sincerely apologize and I'm pretty sure it won't happen again. We're here to have fun not get all twisted and I sure as heck hope to see more of you @Mhmoud as things are somewhat improving in Libya? Won't happen overnight but the Red Line was the best thing that happened and who did that again? Oh yeah, the one everyone dislikes. lol.

Peace.
We Pakistanis have a bad habit of talking about others when we really don't know or understand them. We 'think' we do, but when you inquire a little, we get super defensive and, in turn, fall into the, "I don't need to show you proof" mentality.

It's like this about Indian military programs.
It's like this about Turkish military programs.
It's like this about Egypt, KSA, UAE, etc.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't take it personally. It's just how us Pakistanis are (for good or bad).

The navy is very important for Egypt cause of the gas fields in the mediterranean sea off the coast of Egypt. I remember when Erdogan tried to change the sea-borders, said that Greece has less right and Turkey has right of a large junk there next to Libya and north of Egypt. The problem with that was that if Greece would really has less sea borders, then Turkey still cant take its place there cause Egypt's sea borders automatically would expand. So navy is important for Egypt to thwart Erdogans next tries.
Greece accepts something different in its agreement on delimitation of sea areas with Italy, and imposes something different on the Mediterranean(Also Albania canceled their agreement bcs of the constitutional court decision). While its demands could not accepted by Italy; they trying to limit maritime jurisdiction areas of Turkey, Egypt and Libya with 9 square km islet. Turkey has never open a debate over Egyptian EEZ rights. There will be a meeting next month between the two countries at the Foreign Ministry level, then could learn learn more about this. Lastly, these issues have nothing to do with Erdogan. The studies didn't start with him and so won't end with him.

Not only that, my friend. Isreal and Germany were not strong enough to put that kind of pressure on Egypt. They were weak especially Germany with the restitution they'll have to pay the Jews forever, but Germany was specifically controlled because of Russia's threat. Now what to do? Gove Germany all kings of offensive weapons' to fight a Russian invasion and envisaged nothing but GARBAGE defensive weapons so the can never never be a threat to the persecuted Jews. Well times have changed. Egypt is quite powerful and could destroy Isreal in a long war that Egypt is in a MUCH BETTER position militarily now and economically. S0 the Americans blew it because we also have Russia on our side. They miscalculated the long run. They thought we would be a bunch of idiots and expect the lowly status que as the week entity.

"Egypt is quite powerful and could destroy Isreal in a long war that Egypt is in a MUCH BETTER position militarily now and economically". Thats true. Egypt is the only Arab country that could defeat Israel in a conventional war. The only problem would be that Israel has nukes they would not hesitate to use.

"Egypt is quite powerful and could destroy Isreal in a long war that Egypt is in a MUCH BETTER position militarily now and economically". Thats true. Egypt is the only Arab country that could defeat Israel in a conventional war. The only problem would be that Israel has nukes they would not hesitate to use.
Egypt has what it needs to deter the nuke use by Usrael..It had the nuclear bombs in the 1973 war.. and couldn;t use them..

The only problem you should know is the direct intervention of the US military ..to save Usrael..

But for now war between Egypt and Usrael is a farfetched thought as there is good cooperation between the two.. not very close but warm still..

There is a lot of Gas in Egypt..An American study in 1997 said that the whole Nile delta in Egypt floats on Gas.. and Chinese basic survey of the red sea found huge Gas fields in there..So yes the Navy is very important as well as the army and air force to protect these assets..

Last edited:
Greece accepts something different in its agreement on delimitation of sea areas with Italy, and imposes something different on the Mediterranean(Also Albania canceled their agreement bcs of the constitutional court decision). While its demands could not accepted by Italy; they trying to limit maritime jurisdiction areas of Turkey, Egypt and Libya with 9 square km islet. Turkey has never open a debate over Egyptian EEZ rights. There will be a meeting next month between the two countries at the Foreign Ministry level, then could learn learn more about this. Lastly, these issues have nothing to do with Erdogan. The studies didn't start with him and so won't end with him.

Well, the point is that Erdogan did an "Agreement" with "Libya" (who rules Libya?) which says that Turkey's sea borders connect to Libya's cause Greece sea borders have to shorten. So if you look at the map for that corridore Turkey and "Libya" claimed, then you can see that it would cross the sea borders of Egypt after the Greece sea borders shorten.

ägy-gre.png

But it not only has to do with Egypt, it also has to do with the gas pipelines from the gas fields of Irsrael, Lebanon and Syria (maybe Iran too) to Cypres and from there to Europa. The darker green shows the status quo, the lighter green shows what Turkey mean it should have, and the corridor is selfexplained. Erdogan piss on a lot of doors in his mania.

Ägy-gre2.png

If Turkey wasn’t supporting the MB I would have signed a maritime agreement giving both Egypt and Turkey more territories in the sea. Would have co-operated in joint defence programs and so on.
True and nothing is within Egypt’s hand other than Chemical weapons which can’t be deployed unless stationed in the Sinai - not to say beat the air defence. Egypt needs to have a population the west could trust as well as be significantly important. Something neither Sisi nor 95% of officials in Egypt are capable of planning well.

True and nothing is within Egypt’s hand other than Chemical weapons which can’t be deployed unless stationed in the Sinai - not to say beat the air defence. Egypt needs to have a population the west could trust as well as be significantly important. Something neither Sisi nor 95% of officials in Egypt are capable of planning well.
Just fuel-air-bombs from 100 Kg to 9000 kg.. and BM of up to more than 5000 km..

That is what Al Sisi is doing now and planning it very well according to the whole world.. but you..HaHaHa!

Egypt inaugurates the first MEKO A200EN frigate in Germany next week, while the second and third frigates will be inaugurated before the end of the year..
The second frigate will be launched this summer and the third frigate will be launched before the end of this year .. The fourth frigate will be built in Egypt in partnership with the Alexandria Naval Shipyard this year..

MBDA_to_supply_VL-MICA_surface-to-air_missiles_for_Meko_A-200_frigates_of_Egyptian_Navy_925_001.jpg

https://www.weser-maritime-news.de/...71yMdNvdB1l0r1vmZFmtLmpiYChHjZFEkUjl-fuuOoDQc

On going negotiations:

6 Scorpene 2000 submarines
1 extra Aquitaine fremm
2 extra Bergamini fremm
6 extra Gowinds from France
20 Italian OPV with armament containing Aster 30
2 supply ships
+++++++....

Here you go..Don't forget the virtual hug..lol

That's the one! Thank you ya Sidi Beh.

1619179023089.png

Egypt inaugurates the first MEKO A200EN frigate in Germany next week, while the second and third frigates will be inaugurated before the end of the year..
The second frigate will be launched this summer and the third frigate will be launched before the end of this year .. The fourth frigate will be built in Egypt in partnership with the Alexandria Naval Shipyard this year..

MBDA_to_supply_VL-MICA_surface-to-air_missiles_for_Meko_A-200_frigates_of_Egyptian_Navy_925_001.jpg

https://www.weser-maritime-news.de/post/erste-meko-fregatte-soll-rönner-halle-verlassen-aufwändige-wasserung-im-neustädter-hafen-in-bremen?fbclid=IwAR0R2mkXELgPLR71yMdNvdB1l0r1vmZFmtLmpiYChHjZFEkUjl-fuuOoDQc

And 910 under trials, so Mekos moving right along.

1619179104407.png

Back
Top Bottom