What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

مصر تتسلم ثاني فرقاطة لها من إيطاليا من طراز فريم بيرجاميني

The most important characteristic of the two EN Bergamini frigates is their high capabilities in air defense missions, through which they will provide long-range air protection for the ships of the Egyptian fleet, especially the helicopter carriers Gamal Abdel Nasser and Anwar Sadat. The Bergamini is also a command, control, early warning and maritime control center with a great capacity to manage all operations and link the land, sea and air forces.,

Wings L-band radar.. some say AESA of IFF.. but most likly not just for IFF..

xWGcfM8.jpg

NIIP-AESA-L-Band-Brochure-2S.jpg

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-2009-06.html

That'e once of the best sources for the AESA wing root flap mounted L-Band AESA radar and on the Su-35 from MAX-2009!!!! Can you imagine the strides and developments and improvements they've made to them by now 2021 not only to install on the Su-57 but to also replace the once on the Su-35S to have the sane capbilities in air missions. It only makes sense.

مصر تتسلم ثاني فرقاطة لها من إيطاليا من طراز فريم بيرجاميني

The most important characteristic of the two EN Bergamini frigates is their high capabilities in air defense missions, through which they will provide long-range air protection for the ships of the Egyptian fleet, especially the helicopter carriers Gamal Abdel Nasser and Anwar Sadat. The Bergamini is also a command, control, early warning and maritime control center with a great capacity to manage all operations and link the land, sea and air forces.,

If they order anymore FREMMs, they must stick with these Bergaminni style. I'm sure you've read their capabilities and the only thing they might not be able to integrate would be the next generation MICA but maybe they will since it is a FREMM coop produced frigate with the French so why would the French deny them on the Italian ones? Those are so much better than the French FREMM that I really hope they stick with them above surface and below they can go French with the Scorpene, absolutely. Those area quite the floaters with a grand ability to do damage to the enemy.

If they order anymore FREMMs, they must stick with these Bergaminni style. I'm sure you've read their capabilities and the only thing they might not be able to integrate would be the next generation MICA but maybe they will since it is a FREMM coop produced frigate with the French so why would the French deny them on the Italian ones? Those are so much better than the French FREMM that I really hope they stick with them above surface and below they can go French with the Scorpene, absolutely. Those area quite the floaters with a grand ability to do damage to the enemy.
Indeed.. there are news about negotiations for 2 more.. it was 6 in total in those news about the deal of the century.. so maybe lowering it to 4 is to be able to get the other weapon systems discussed in that deal more easily ..financially speaking..

The French Fremm is the best for ASW..so maybe another one ..just one more with still better characteristics could be a good plus.. remember that first one was procured in a haste!

The Scorpene is a very good deal since it comes with ToT ..but what would be more fantastic is two electric propulsion submarines and the SMX-31 in the future..

b2_download_file_by_id

Fr_SMX-31.jpg

*BTW,,

The first France FREMM air defense frigate enters active duty

فرنسا تدخل أول فرقاطة فريم متخصصة في الدفاع الجوي إلى الخدمة الفعلية

This relates to the "Aquatine" frigate, which is equipped with an improved "Super Hercules" radar with a range of 300/400 km to be able to operate long-range air defense missiles Aster-30 to a maximum range of 120 km.

The frigate was also equipped with 32 cells to carry air defense missiles, while this version was not equipped with "Scalp" cruise missiles like the rest of the French Fremm frigates.

The frigate became capable of air defense and war against submarines at the same time by having 2 sonars, one compact and one long-range towed, as well as a heavy helicopter for search and rescue and anti-submarine combat.

The frigate is a very respectable version of the Fremm Aquatine.

It is worth noting that the French fremm, acquired by Egypt and Morocco, is equipped with a Hercules radar, the previous version, with a maximum range of 250 km, and is unable to operate long-range air defense missiles. Therefore, it was equipped with only Aster 15 missiles.

https://www.defense-arabic.com/2021/04/17/فرنسا-تدخل-أول-فرقاطة-فريم-متخصصة-في-ال/

So an upgrade and one more with these characteristics seems interesting..

Last edited:
Egyptian Vector (MRBM) a high-technology two-stage ballistic missile system of approximately 1000 km based on the Pershing II ballistic missile..

There have been reports of a Condor III program. The Condor III would have an increased range to some 1,500 km (930 mi) with the same payload as the Condor II.

Condor-II_7big.jpg

Junior_1big.jpg

http://k42.kn3.net/DB2343C76.jpg

7SE24Vc.jpg

* Pershing 2 medium-range, road-mobile, solid fueled ballistic missile
pershing 2

The Pershing 2 was designed to deliver a W-85 variable yield nuclear warhead (5 kt to 80 kt) at ranges up to 1700 km (1056 miles). The missile used an active radar guidance system and a secondary inertial guidance system that had a 30 m CEP. The missile had a length of 10.61 m, a diameter of 1.02 m, and a launch weight of 7,400 kg. It used a two-stage solid propellant engine.

Last edited:
Egyptian Vector (MRBM) a high-technology two-stage ballistic missile system of approximately 1000 km based on the Pershing II ballistic missile..

There have been reports of a Condor III program. The Condor III would have an increased range to some 1,500 km (930 mi) with the same payload as the Condor II.

Condor-II_7big.jpg

Junior_1big.jpg

http://k42.kn3.net/DB2343C76.jpg

7SE24Vc.jpg

* Pershing 2 medium-range, road-mobile, solid fueled ballistic missile
pershing 2

The Pershing 2 was designed to deliver a W-85 variable yield nuclear warhead (5 kt to 80 kt) at ranges up to 1700 km (1056 miles). The missile used an active radar guidance system and a secondary inertial guidance system that had a 30 m CEP.6 The missile had a length of 10.61 m, a diameter of 1.02 m, and a launch weight of 7,400 kg. It used a two-stage solid propellant engine.

Great post, SC bro. As great as that may be, the only problem Egypt has is being able to test any of these missiles, especially if there are any that have been in storage since the 80's. As soon as one of those goes airborne, the whole world will shake, rattle and roll! lol. I do remember pictures in Al Ahram after the parades and there were quite a few long trucks carrying huge missiles. We haven't seen much of any of that since the peace treaty. Of course they've put those away very far and deep. But it's good to know they most likely do exist, only they can't really test them.

It is worth noting that the French fremm, acquired by Egypt and Morocco, is equipped with a Hercules radar, the previous version, with a maximum range of 250 km, and is unable to operate long-range air defense missiles. Therefore, it was equipped with only Aster 15 missiles.

And as impressive as the rest of the ship is, that is the main reason why I say they stick with the Italian version, However, if there is a possibility to get a 2nd one, I truly hope that instead of the missing SCALP cruise missile naval version they took out (which is kinda weird when you think about it because they did end up supplying us with 50 SCALPs for the Rafales, right? So what the heck is the difference?) And insist on the new Super Hercules Radar PLUS the NG MICA missiles for the forward 16 compartments at the least if they want to keep the Aster 15s in the rear rows, That is what bothers me the most out of this French FREMM and the only good thing about it and possibly getting a 2nd would be their ASW capabilities. LOL, our Italian friends had no issues whatsoever loading the rear 16 with Aster 15s and the forward 16 with Aster 30s for loner range, Bella facca el Italaianos love them! Having potent anti-submarine warships is definitely a major element of any powerful navy.

Last edited:
We need 4 of these Russian A50 airborne early warning aircraft to add to the complementary service of intel and IFF target designation and actually be the first country to make their systems "somewhat" compatible with the E-2C Hawkeyes, Love these monsters.

1618756110864.png

Another pair of 29/35 getting ready to take off, Great-looking aircraft but I wonder if it has a short, built-in fuel range since it seems to be always seen carrying drop tanks. But then again, so doesn't the F-16 to a certain extent.

1618760268772.png

Last edited:
I'm back after a few years and... what exactly is going on here? Is everyone alright?

I see you've changed. I've never seen you swear like this before. What happened?

First of all, I'm actually pretty happy to see you post, even if it is a bit of a harsh comment towards me but I deserve it since I do want to clear the air so that maybe we see more of you and even more Pakistani members asking similar questions that don't set me off and I will answer honestly either way, just like I did but not in a good manner I do admit that,

That said, I appreciate the respect you used to have towards me during our exchanges and hopefully I can gain it back since I really enjoyed a lot of our exchanges, especially about Libya and Egypt. I will do my best to make this as brief as possible but a while ago, there was a thread about the PAF training with Arab air forces somewhere in either Saudi Arabia or the UAE and this person claimed to be present at the pilot's briefings (she was a female) and reading her posts, it just seemed like she was trying too hard to be important in that respect or whatever. You know when someone uses big words and you can tell they don't understand what they mean? lol I might have gotten the wrong impression but then out of the blue, she said "most Pakistani and other nationality pilots mentioned they didn't like flying with the Egyptians because they are too dangerous" and please don't take it word for word but something similar. So I started a polite exchange with her to first see what her qualifications were to actually be in the post briefing room of all these different fighter pilots (almost no one on earth gets that type of privilege since the briefing is almost strictly between the pilots and commanders themselves ONLY.)

So right then and there I realized there was quite a bit of untruth to what she was saying and I left it at that, No, sorry I showed her pics that we've been fling formations with US fighters since the late 70's and doing refueling qualifications almost every two years etc, The other fellow Mr. @MastanKhan was supporting her and claiming she was something important with a title I didn't even understand to tell you the truth. Ok, fine, I left it at that and got the heck out of that threat.

However, on a separate thread about Egypt and all the money it was supposedly given by Saudiya and the UAE and a couple other countries I forget sorry were the reason why Egypt was able to buy all these new weapons and basically what Egypt did was "lose its soul for some dollars" and whoops, that pretty much set me off against that individual.

I've been trying to explain to almost everyone on this board who thinks that that it is an impossibility. None of our brotherly Muslim countries would give billions to Egypt to buy all these weapons LOL! This was right around 2013 when Sisi took out Morsi and so of course it didn't look good when one of his first objectives was the renewal of the armed forces from top to bottom. Egypt needed immediate help to STABILIZE the country from falling into a failed abyss and those billions were used to provide collateral against subsidized important items that Sisi didn't want to impose but was forced to on a few others and especially use the billions as collateral for loans through the IMF and one more important part where a lot of that money was used was to set up the platforms, rigging and pipelines and improve the only 2 LNG processing plants for all the gas that Egypt had just discovered. It was also used to pay Italy which was doing most of the exploration including for oil in the western desert. The great Egyptian tourism, Red Sea resorts and the Suez Canal revenue was going to take decades.

Now all that gas that was found in the largest Mediterranean field that belongs to Egypt is being extracted & produced 24/7 as a matter of fact Israel just paid Egypt $15 billion to liquify its own gas in our plants. The entire world knows Egypt is loaded with gas fields now and it's basically a guaranteed money pit that needs A LOT OF HEAVY PROTECTION of all kinds which is why France agreed on the Mistral and Rafales and FREMM and we used their financing to purchase all that. Not the lost soul money lol what an insult with nothing to back it up but built-in hatred. That collateral is so powerful and worth so much which is why Russia and Italy are supplying all the military equipment we elected to purchase from them on guaranteed LOANS.

So when someone who clearly despises your kind for the reasons we all know says "Egyptians sold their soul for a few dollars and a few shiny toys". sorry my good friend, between that exceptional insult and this new laptop I'm barely getting used to, I pretty much had to set the record straight, Again, I do apologize for going about it the wrong way.

Even @The SC tried many times to explain to people that through the 30 years of Mubarak rule, the money the military was making left and right that he wasn't putting in his pocket was put into the military reserves. Yes, believe it or not, Egypt has a HUGE military budget reserve and at the time Sisis took power, it was around $30 billion maybe even more. But of course no one believes this stuff, I know it's hard to believe when they see the poverty of the slums in Egypt which EVERY country has even here in the great US.

Granted it's only a forum and no one should really take any of these insults to heart but between this laptop and the degeneration that was going on, they did, But let me tell you something between you, me and the lamp post......a lot of my posts were messed with after the fact which is another travesty in itself and I'll leave it at that,

So to all the Pakistani members I offended with my comments in the past few pages including you @MastanKhan , I do sincerely apologize and I'm pretty sure it won't happen again. We're here to have fun not get all twisted and I sure as heck hope to see more of you @Mhmoud as things are somewhat improving in Libya? Won't happen overnight but the Red Line was the best thing that happened and who did that again? Oh yeah, the one everyone dislikes. lol.

Peace.

First of all, I'm actually pretty happy to see you post, even if it is a bit of a harsh comment towards me but I deserve it since I do want to clear the air so that maybe we see more of you and even more Pakistani members asking similar questions that don't set me off and I will answer honestly either way, just like I did but not in a good manner I do admit that,

That said, I appreciate the respect you used to have towards me during our exchanges and hopefully I can gain it back since I really enjoyed a lot of our exchanges, especially about Libya and Egypt. I will do my best to make this as brief as possible but a while ago, there was a thread about the PAF training with Arab air forces somewhere in either Saudi Arabia or the UAE and this person claimed to be present at the pilot's briefings (she was a female) and reading her posts, it just seemed like she was trying too hard to be important in that respect or whatever. You know when someone uses big words and you can tell they don't understand what they mean? lol I might have gotten the wrong impression but then out of the blue, she said "most Pakistani and other nationality pilots mentioned they didn't like flying with the Egyptians because they are too dangerous" and please don't take it word for word but something similar. So I started a polite exchange with her to first see what her qualifications were to actually be in the post briefing room of all these different fighter pilots (almost no one on earth gets that type of privilege since the briefing is almost strictly between the pilots and commanders themselves ONLY.)

So right then and there I realized there was quite a bit of untruth to what she was saying and I left it at that, No, sorry I showed her pics that we've been fling formations with US fighters since the late 70's and doing refueling qualifications almost every two years etc, The other fellow Mr. @MastanKhan was supporting her and claiming she was something important with a title I didn't even understand to tell you the truth. Ok, fine, I left it at that and got the heck out of that threat.

However, on a separate thread about Egypt and all the money it was supposedly given by Saudiya and the UAE and a couple other countries I forget sorry were the reason why Egypt was able to buy all these new weapons and basically what Egypt did was "lose its soul for some dollars" and whoops, that pretty much set me off against that individual.

I've been trying to explain to almost everyone on this board who thinks that that it is an impossibility. None of our brotherly Muslim countries would give billions to Egypt to buy all these weapons LOL! This was right around 2013 when Sisi took out Morsi and so of course it didn't look good when one of his first objectives was the renewal of the armed forces from top to bottom. Egypt needed immediate help to STABILIZE the country from falling into a failed abyss and those billions were used to provide collateral against subsidized important items that Sisi didn't want to impose but was forced to on a few others and especially use the billions as collateral for loans through the IMF and one more important part where a lot of that money was used was to set up the platforms, rigging and pipelines and improve the only 2 LNG processing plants for all the gas that Egypt had just discovered. It was also used to pay Italy which was doing most of the exploration including for oil in the western desert. The great Egyptian tourism, Red Sea resorts and the Suez Canal revenue was going to take decades.

Now all that gas that was found in the largest Mediterranean field that belongs to Egypt is being extracted & produced 24/7 as a matter of fact Israel just paid Egypt $15 billion to liquify its own gas in our plants. The entire world knows Egypt is loaded with gas fields now and it's basically a guaranteed money pit that needs A LOT OF HEAVY PROTECTION of all kinds which is why France agreed on the Mistral and Rafales and FREMM and we used their financing to purchase all that. Not the lost soul money lol what an insult with nothing to back it up but built-in hatred. That collateral is so powerful and worth so much which is why Russia and Italy are supplying all the military equipment we elected to purchase from them on guaranteed LOANS.

So when someone who clearly despises your kind for the reasons we all know says "Egyptians sold their soul for a few dollars and a few shiny toys". sorry my good friend, between that exceptional insult and this new laptop I'm barely getting used to, I pretty much had to set the record straight, Again, I do apologize for going about it the wrong way.

Even @The SC tried many times to explain to people that through the 30 years of Mubarak rule, the money the military was making left and right that he wasn't putting in his pocket was put into the military reserves. Yes, believe it or not, Egypt has a HUGE military budget reserve and at the time Sisis took power, it was around $30 billion maybe even more. But of course no one believes this stuff, I know it's hard to believe when they see the poverty of the slums in Egypt which EVERY country has even here in the great US.

Granted it's only a forum and no one should really take any of these insults to heart but between this laptop and the degeneration that was going on, they did, But let me tell you something between you, me and the lamp post......a lot of my posts were messed with after the fact which is another travesty in itself and I'll leave it at that,

So to all the Pakistani members I offended with my comments in the past few pages including you @MastanKhan , I do sincerely apologize and I'm pretty sure it won't happen again. We're here to have fun not get all twisted and I sure as heck hope to see more of you @Mhmoud as things are somewhat improving in Libya? Won't happen overnight but the Red Line was the best thing that happened and who did that again? Oh yeah, the one everyone dislikes. lol.

Peace.
Maybe she saw this video..HaHaHa!

Now that Egyptian crazy pilot has a specific name and it is Hassan Salem El-Rafai and he is still alive unlike what was mentioned in the History Channel , this was not a desperate adventure of a mad Egyptian pilot with his poor MIG-21 , this was among the maneuvers the Egyptian pilots were trained for months on it . The Egyptian pilot used this maneuver to escape from the IAF and he had been trained on it day and night , yet it is very hard and was known among the Egyptian fleet as the death maneuver.

Maybe she saw this video..HaHaHa!

Now that Egyptian crazy pilot has a specific name and it is Hassan Salem El-Rafai and he is still alive unlike what was mentioned in the History Channel , this was not a desperate adventure of a mad Egyptian pilot with his poor MIG-21 , this was among the maneuvers the Egyptian pilots were trained for months on it . The Egyptian pilot used this maneuver to escape from the IAF and he had been trained on it day and night , yet it is very hard and was known among the Egyptian fleet as the death maneuver.

You know what disturbed me the most on that, is how they not only titled the video "Crazy Egyptian Pilot" as if he was some moron who did things to de deserved such a gracious title by none other than Dog Fights on the HISTORY CHANNEL! Then throughout the entire video (I don't know who that other *&^% was ) kept referring to that great Egyptian hero doing everything possible to evade Israel's best pilot at the time with that disgusting smirk on his face like the poor soldier is trying to save his life so let's not only call him a crazy Egyptian pilot but say it with a smirk because (as if that is some kind of a funny joke?) they had him at their 12 and he was done until he pulled off that amazing SPLIT-S maneuver in a MiG-21at such a low altitude, That's what pissed me off about the complete lack of respect towards another soldier who was trying everything in his ability to save his life. Remember this is how the Israelis treat their enemies.

Imagine the Great Egyptian Pilot in his remarkable MIG-21 chasing a crazy Israeli pilot in his F-15 over the Sinai and pinning him down (then another Egyptian pilot comes in and says yeah this crazy mashoogana Israeli pilot hahahah with a smile and smirk and a laugh was doing everything he could possibly do in that crappy Israeli Mirage 5 they called the Nesher to pretend to everyone that they adhered to the 1967 embargo that France would not supply them with any more military equipment lol meanwhile he was in a brabd spankin new Mirage 5s after the filth the Israelis pulled in 1967 and BANG, took a double Atoll missile from the great Egyptian pilot and blew the Mirage to smithereens until it crashed to his ultimate death (hahaha smirk) and the Egyptian pilot got it all on footage and returned safely to base to a thunderous welcome by proud Egyptians trying to fight back for THEIR OWN LAND!!! Imagine telling the now defunct History Channel to make a video about that,

BTW there is NO WAY a talented Egyptian pilot who could perform a split-S maneuver at what, 2,500 ft with all the G's it required to end up in a still, vertical position. That's where you know Giora Epstein was lying through his teeth, He would've either made it to zip as far as possible or crash landed and ejected and got to safety or skimmed the ground until he developed enough power to scoot on outta there, That's why they made sure they hired a professional film crew to film that silly lying 3rd army surrounding whiuch never happened when after the ceasefire was signed and Israel accepted defeat of the land they lost specifically he barlvline and all its 16 posts looooooooool, every single one of them tucked their tails and trekked it back almost halfway across the Sinai, In reality, Egypt actually won half of Sinai from those land stealing thieves! Bravo ya regalla!

And here on this forum they don't even see the bid picture. lol, let them live in denial. BTW, that Split-S is now being done at landings thanks to that BRAVE EGYPTIAN PILOT. I saw it done in a Romanian MiG-21 by a Romanian pilot and the French guys flying Rafales at airshows are always wrapping their performance with an EGYPTIAN SPLIT-S! :-)

Two interesting offers on the Egyptian bid for new corvettes.. both with ToT for Navigation, communication and tactical data link systems..

Fincantieri

Al Zubarah class similar to Qatari new corvette

fincantieri-classe-al-zubarah-corvette.jpg

Damen

Corvette Crossover 115 or 123

crossover_115_s.jpg

Stan 5009 OPV

offshore_patrol_vessel.jpg

Meanwhile, sources close to the situation say that Fincantieri has made a competitive offer,
which includes the sale of the assemblage rights of its Multirole Corvette, along with the technical
knowledge needed to locally manufacture the corvette’s navigational and tactical link system.
It is not yet known which offer will be chosen by Egypt.

Scorpene 2000
1044985614-1.jpg

Naval Group has agreed on selling the assemblage rights of the Scorpene 2000 to Egypt, but talks are still ongoing on the transfer of technologies. There is talk that Egypt would prefer to showcase the newly purchased Scorpene submarine side by side with a locally assembled Scorpene for media purposes.

Last edited:
Two interesting offers on the Egyptian bid for new corvettes.. both with ToT for Navigation, communication and tactical data link systems..

Fincantieri

Al Zubarah class similar to Qatari new corvette

fincantieri-classe-al-zubarah-corvette.jpg

Damen

Corvette Crossover 115

crossover_115_s.jpg

Stan 5009 OPV

offshore_patrol_vessel.jpg

Meanwhile, sources close to the situation say that Fincantieri has made a competitive offer,
which includes the sale of the assemblage rights of its Multirole Corvette, along with the technical
knowledge needed to locally manufacture the corvette’s navigational and tactical link system.
It is not yet known which offer will be chosen by Egypt.

Scorpene 2000
1044985614-1.jpg

Naval Group has agreed on selling the assemblage rights of the Scorpene 2000 to Egypt, but talks are still ongoing on the transfer of technologies. There is talk that Egypt would prefer to showcase the newly purchased Scorpene submarine sideby side with a locally assembled Scorpene for media purposes.

Too much to keep up with lol. I'm still saying stick with the Italian FREMMs, one more French one for better ASW, the Scorpene x2 if affordable and most definitely the Rafales. My goodness! lol

Too much to keep up with lol. I'm still saying stick with the Italian FREMMs, one more French one for better ASW, the Scorpene x2 if affordable and most definitely the Rafales. My goodness! lol
This is about the Egyptian new international bid for 6 new corvettes and 20 OPVs..
The rest you've mentioned is a given..
The Scorpene 2000 will be 4 to 6..

IA Egypt can acquire HAS-250 anti ship missile for its vessels and coastal defense duties if it meets the requirements.

It is very early in development so it will take at least 4 or 5 years before development is finished. Its sea skimming height, long range, and large warhead allow it to take down even large vessels if fired in barrages. The animated promotional video that it came with shows it being fired and simulating hitting the Admiral Udaloy class destroyer that is 7500 tons.

1618791732442.png

1618791831035.png

1618791870445.png

1618791974224.png

IA Egypt can acquire HAS-250 anti ship missile for its vessels and coastal defense duties if it meets the requirements.

It is very early in development so it will take at least 4 or 5 years before development is finished. Its sea skimming height, long range, and large warhead allow it to take down even large vessels if fired in barrages. The animated promotional video that it came with shows it being fired and simulating hitting the Admiral Udaloy class destroyer that is 7500 tons.

View attachment 735409

View attachment 735410

View attachment 735411

View attachment 735412
One picture has a booster.. so if its 250 KM range, that means the missile range without the booster is 150 to 200 KM..OR. if 250 KM range without the booster, that will mean 350 KM with the booster,,
Still a lil' confusing isn't it?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom