What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

That was one of the better videos they've shown of the air force and closer looks at amunitions as well as the covered warheads.

I also enjoyed watching them deliver the Binanci to Alexandria wow what a beast of a ship and the gunny thing is notice hot tight that inlet to get into the harbor is? Of course there's a special reason for that and the depth has to be adequate enough for these large ships and frigates that draw deep rafts but imperritive to keep unwanted "underwater eyes" mostly from submarines which would take A LOT of balls for one to enter the inlet. I can't say for certain if they have video for active action in that inlet but it would help.

I've been through a tiny inlet in my 30ft and let me tell you, it is NOT a fun experience as a matter of fact without GPS and at night, you're screwed.

This is yours truly going through a famous river inlet off the harbor of Gloucester in MA and I've done it over 25 times both ways and let me tell you, no matter how many times you do it, there's still that son of a b turtle head that wants to pop out LMFAO! You can hear me complaining about the guy in front of me that he's way over to starboard and is gonna get slammed (and I've seen countless boats slam the side of that rough inlet) and you can hear my son say "nah, that guy looks like he grew up here and knows all about it" lol the young man was right. I couldn't care what condition is going on unless facing gail winds from one side first of all I wouldn't attempt it but if I had to, then I would hug or favor one side but otherwise, never! Always in the middle because I have to control the wake the guy in front of me is leaving for me and that gives me a better chance to stay away from either side. The Bianchi slowly protruding that Alexandria inlet reminded me of this. Enjoy.

EDIT: @Hamartia Antidote , this is mostly the stuff we do which is actually a lot safer with a good captain (tap shoulder lol) and at the end of that great river ride at wake zone speeds, there's a great beach at the end for the misses to enjoy.
Yes Captain.. I can see the danger there..

For the video I've posted.. The Birghamini is pretty impressive,, have you also noticed the number of Vertical missile launchers.. it is impressive and unlike anything said about the frigate..
Can you you check it again and tell me what you think?

md324_p2.jpg

Convert SCARAB UAV to a Land-Attack Cruise Missile- Option #1

Some feasible, near term modifications to the SCARAB UAV to convert it into a land-attack cruise
missile include:
• Deletion of reconnaissance payload
• Deletion of UAV recovery system
• Replacing the existing guidance and control subsystem with an integrated inertial
guidance/GPS subsystem
• Addition of an explosive warhead or Chem/Bio payload and dispenser.
And, if greater terminal precision is required:
• Addition if an accurate terminal guidance system (some type of terrain/target matching
system based on available radar or electro-optic sensor)

For this study it was assumed that the LACM midcourse and terminal guidance system has the
same weight and volume as the existing UAV guidance and control system. In addition, it was
assumed that deletion of the reconnaissance payload and recovery system provided sufficient space
for a small conventional payload.

The SCARAB UAV modified to a land-attack cruise missile (Option #1) could deliver a 200 kg
conventional payload to a maximum range of 2,250 km flying the high altitude UAV flight profile.
Flying a low altitude profile (less than 500 m altitude instead of 13,000 m) enables a range
capability of approximately 1,800 km. Part of this performance loss (typically 15-20%) can be
regained by reducing the wing size and shape and other changes to make the vehicle more efficient
for low altitude operation.

Modify SCARAB UAV - Option #1
• Delete reconnaissance payload - 131.5 kg
• Delete recovery system - 68.5 kg
• Add conventional payload + 200.0 kg

Launch Weight 1,077 kg

Fuel Weight 443 kg

Range - high altitude profile 2,250 km
Range - low altitude profile ~ 1,800 km

Convert SCARAB UAV to a Land-Attack Cruise Missile- Option #2

If a larger payload is desired, the vehicle’s fuselage and tankage could be modified to accommodated
a larger payload. This would result in a loss in fuel loading to maintain the same overall vehicle
envelope.

Option #2 incorporates the same SCARAB-LACM conversion changes identified for Option #1, but
further modifies the vehicle to accommodate a 500 kg conventional payload. The change results in a
237 kg loss in loaded fuel. The Option #2 SCARAB-LACM is capable of delivering the 500 kg
conventional payload to a maximum range of either 810 km or 650 km flying the high or low altitude
flight profiles, respectively. Some of the range losses can be regained if selected aerodynamic
changes are also made.

Modify SCARAB UAV - Option #2
• Delete reconnaissance payload - 131.5 kg
• Delete recovery system - 68.5 kg
• Modify fuselage/tankage for increased
payload volume + 20.0 kg
• Modify fuselage/tankage for decreased
fuel loading - 20.0 kg
• Reduce fuel loading - 237.0 kg
• Add conventional payload + 500.0 kg

Launch Weight 1,140 kg

Fuel Weight 206 kg

Range - high altitude flight ~ 810 km
Range - low altitude flight ~ 650 km

Modified SCARAB-LACM Capabilities

The modified SCARAB-LACM range performance can be varied without altering the vehicle’s
overall external geometry. The missile’s airframe/tankage can be revised to accommodate less fuel
to increase volume for payload. As shown, a 300 kg increase in payload weight (200 to 500 kg)
requires a 227 kg (206 versus 443 kg) reduction in loaded fuel weight. The HE payload is assumed
to have a density ~ 30% greater that the JP-4 fuel (JP-4 weighs 0.78 kg/liter). By varying the
payload weight and corresponding fuel loading, the SCARAB-LACM can achieve a factor of three
in range performance without changing the vehicle’s external geometry.

There are a number of additional design modifications that a country could make to the SCARAB
UAV to increase its performance (range and payload) capabilities for the land-attack role.
They include:
• Increasing the fuselage length to accommodate a larger payload
• Increasing the fuselage/tankage lengths to accommodate a greater fuel loading
• Replacing the existing Teledyne CAE 373-8C turbojet engine with a more fuel efficient low
altitude sustainer engine
• Reduce the vehicle’s RCS in the land-attack role by shaping critical surfaces or adding
radar absorbing materials (RAM)
• Employing a TERCOM type terminal guidance system

New Cruise Missile -- Medium Range

bqm-145-image02.jpg

They should turn them into 300km cruise missiles but since they're American, and are more considered as target drones, it would be a monumental task but why not work with Teledyne on some type of cruise missile if they're still around on one or two or 3 and then develop indigenous kamikaze drones if they don't already have a crapload of Chinese built ones in sock.

Pic;

1617817935491.png

1617817951058.png

1617817968814.png

1617818014544.png

1617818071980.png

1617818142407.png

Can you guess what munitions this MiG-29/35 is carrying? Very interesting projections...

1617818320942.png

Just for you SC and King Billip!

1617818385658.png

1617818501013.png

1617818537089.png

Maximum high level SOF protection in this exercise we usually don't see wanna know why, because half the world knows this is a prelude on a very small scale as to what is about to happen in Ethiopia and after it's done, I hope Sisi slams his hand on the podium and emphatically say something like he did yesterday that the Nile is Egypt's MAIN RED line. Reminds me of the two bit donkey Menachin Begin (ironic last name) prime minister of Isrehell during the peace process with Egypt who did that after a reporter asked him if he had any doubts about what they just pulled off destroying the Iraqi reactor. He must make it clear that not even the USA can fight us on this and that we would rather perish with pride.

But this level I've never seen unless we never noticed it. Start loading the SCALPS and Hammers and GBU12s and 15 and get that plan outlined out to a T for the underwater infiltrators. Not a single casualty in this mission and make sure we take out their entire governmental infrastructure and set them back 200 years so they cannot retaliate in any possible way. All military airports and hangars to be destroyed to the max and get all the intel on where they're hiding all their ammunitions cause that needs to make the 3=2nd beggest BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

1617822587618.png

Ya halalwa!

1617822656367.png

1617823183616.png

1617823208167.png

no insignia or colors again.
1617824340657.png

1617822711700.png

Attachments

• 1617824143734.png
    1617824143734.png
    110 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
One of the rare two-seaters in that one close up with canopy open and no colors, That really is an interesting phenomenon I wish we could understand why they do that with only those MiGs?

Is it possible that with the new transfer of technology on the Russian 500 T-90S, that there might be a deal with the US to export many of these M1A1s because for a country of our size and Sinai is already protected in many ways than 6 days of hell and fury to and thoughts of land gabbing and stealing. A friend on Twitter mentioned this idea and if he sees this please introduce yourself ya ma3alem.

1618021344012.png

Anwar Al Sadat in full throttle mode!

Elelpoant
1618021990167.png

A lot of EAF MIG-29/35 beauties' on elephant walks.

1618022139148.png

Great pic. I bet you these guys are practicing for something HUGE coming up. I'm just a little upset they don't too far that the country falls into a failed state because the dam is not the only thing that needs to be completely destroyed. Any form of retaliation must be put to a very long sleep if not killed completely.

1618022233036.png

You can believe this is going to be a full blown operation. No one messes with out water y'en3al aby om el khalafuku and then to play around with stupid and silly negotiations that they think is a game. Well. this is no game coming your way pretty soon. And the heck with the Katrans, take the Apaches and Nile Crocodiles and fire as many deadly Hellfire missiles along with all the attack capabilities of the NC.

1618024327887.png

We've had enough of their childish games and we gave them MORE than the respect them deserved. This will be harder to destroy now that it's fully built. We should've dropped it underwater 8 years ago when it was much easier.

1618022700577.png

1618023014219.png

1618023489664.png

1618023541739.png
\

1618023578232.png

1618023644549.png

1618023663764.png

1618023944451.png

1618024392107.png

1618024446765.png

1618024544577.png

They should turn them into 300km cruise missiles but since they're American, and are more considered as target drones, it would be a monumental task but why not work with Teledyne on some type of cruise missile if they're still around on one or two or 3 and then develop indigenous kamikaze drones if they don't already have a crapload of Chinese built ones in sock.

Pic;

View attachment 731810
View attachment 731811
View attachment 731812
View attachment 731813
View attachment 731814
View attachment 731815

Can you guess what munitions this MiG-29/35 is carrying? Very interesting projections...

View attachment 731816
The Missile look like the R-77

R-77 / AA-12

Yes.. but difficult to understand why an anti-ship missile in those exercises!?
Or the pic was taken in Egypt before..

I do agree unless they want to send those half-breed Mongolians back to their side lol. There are a few targets in the Red Sea and Med they can test the effectiveness of the weapon. Plus storage and temperature control all factor into why thy need to see if the things are still any good, I would think.

Last edited:
What if it is the KH-31P SEAD missile?
Then..you are talking..
The Mach 4.5 ramjet Kh-31 / AS-17 Krypton family of missiles includes anti-radiation, anti-shipping and claimed anti-AWACS variants..

Irkut-Su-30KN-Kh-31P-1.jpg

Hope it is The KH-31PK or even PD..

Well, according to the fella who opened the thread but doesn't post here anymore and off his Twitter page, it's the Kh-31/AS17 Krypton family which includes the anti-radiation version, the anti-shipping and the "claimed" anti-AWACS.

Amir Pharaoh on Twitter: "#Egyptian Mig-29M2 armed with Kh-31(AS-17 'Krypton') 🇪🇬 https://t.co/jK3GIlguVL" / Twitter

For the video I've posted.. The Birghamini is pretty impressive,, have you also noticed the number of Vertical missile launchers.. it is impressive and unlike anything said about the frigate..

How's this for a tight fit? Good thing there's a tug there to act as a bumper! Supposedly this is a picture of the FREMM Bernice soon to be delivered to the EN.

1618145320912.png

EAF Chief in beautiful Greece
tn_7-DSC_2106-ps.jpg

tn_23-DSC_7224-ps-630x420.jpg

tn_25_DSC_7087-ps-630x420.jpg

Great to see the mighty Phantom still flying
tn_26_DSC09368-617x420.jpg

Brilliant shot
(Images from HAF/MoD Greece)

Indeed Greece is gorgeous on so many levels. Hope it comes out of its financial slump soon enough. They didn't need this epidemic which for them, probably came at the worst time ever.

Been a while since I was there but seeing the old commander taking a ride in what he probably flew in the EAF for many years when that bird was active and with that scenery (and I'm sure he got a hold of the stick for a quick second) makes me think he might be he only man who adores that aircraft out of the retired ones who flew it. IIRC, Tom Cooper had mentioned that the EAF found it such a cumbersome aircraft which is pretty obvious and that all those bends (like Pierre Sprey said lol) were all aerodynamic bandaids to fix serious wind tunnel and airflow problems they had. It does seem strange that the folding tip doesn't rest all the way down, but I can see the horizontal stabilizers being folded down to catch better airflow even though it did have ailerons which during flight serve almost the same purpose but on take off and landing it's mostly the function of the H-Stabs. Either way, the EAF pilots complained the most about that and probably because they were old aircraft that required tremendous amounts of maintenance hours and engine overhauls could not be done in Egypt and had to be flown all the way to the US for that which was major downtime for its pilots. I can see why they complained about it. Eventually it ended up in a museum and the others in either decoy hangers or back to the US to die a very slow and dry death in the scorching heat of the Arizona desert. But I'm glad the chief got one more chance.

What will happen according to the maneuvers is as follows:

1 - MiG-29 aircraft will be stationed in Sudan to provide air cover for attacking aircraft.
2- Rafale and F16 Block 52 will be launched from Berenice and Aswan to conduct the main bombardment .. The Rafale for the dam using the scalp and the F16 for the adjacent administrative and engineering areas. .Of course, the Rafale will first perform a SEAD and DEAD operation against the air defense.
3- The Thunderbolt Forces will remain ready for any evacuation operation, which is its role tonight .. This is very clear in the videos that came out .. the evacuation operation of a pilot with the cooperation of the Sudanese Thunderbolt.

After that, a division or two may be stationed on the border with Sudan to repel any Ethiopian action against Sudanese territory.

This is 99% of what will happen in principle .. The matter may develop after that. If Ethiopia attacked Sudan by land , Egypt and Sudan would use it as an excuse to enter and occupy the dam area..

I don't recall the EAF ever conducting such a powerful exercise near an area that has a strong potential for an attack. They even performed nighttime sorties with loaded F-16s. Those are usually carrying ACMI pods and maybe a missile or so to test avionics etc. But this, here, most certainly a message and the real thing will be nothing like what is obviously being shown, Tough times because they can't just take out their ability to use the dam. They have to destroy a lot of the things that could come back to haunt them.

I still hope Aby comes to his senses because I would much rather see Egypt concentrate on development and keep up the great fight against the Sinai cretins than to worry about war with Ethiopia no matter the distance since we will have no choice but to help Sudan and drag us into a quagmire. Unless it ends up being so devastating that the people don't back Aby and internal conflict steals the show. Unfortunately it needs to be done.

Another tight fit of the 2nd Italian FREMM.

1618155233907.png

Are you referring to the fact that the rear 16 launchers are not blocked off like I believe the French FREMM did? That was some pretty amazing action but such short and quick clips![/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Indeed Greece is gorgeous on so many levels. Hope it comes out of its financial slump soon enough. They didn't need this epidemic which for them, probably came at the worst time ever.

Been a while since I was there but seeing the old commander taking a ride in what he probably flew in the EAF for many years when that bird was active and with that scenery (and I'm sure he got a hold of the stick for a quick second) makes me think he might be he only man who adores that aircraft out of the retired ones who flew it. IIRC, Tom Cooper had mentioned that the EAF found it such a cumbersome aircraft which is pretty obvious and that all those bends (like Pierre Sprey said lol) were all aerodynamic bandaids to fix serious wind tunnel and airflow problems they had. It does seem strange that the folding tip doesn't rest all the way down, but I can see the horizontal stabilizers being folded down to catch better airflow even though it did have ailerons which during flight serve almost the same purpose but on take off and landing it's mostly the function of the H-Stabs. Either way, the EAF pilots complained the most about that and probably because they were old aircraft that required tremendous amounts of maintenance hours and engine overhauls could not be done in Egypt and had to be flown all the way to the US for that which was major downtime for its pilots. I can see why they complained about it. Eventually it ended up in a museum and the others in either decoy hangers or back to the US to die a very slow and dry death in the scorching heat of the Arizona desert. But I'm glad the chief got one more chance.

I don't recall the EAF ever conducting such a powerful exercise near an area that has a strong potential for an attack. They even performed nighttime sorties with loaded F-16s. Those are usually carrying ACMI pods and maybe a missile or so to test avionics etc. But this, here, most certainly a message and the real thing will be nothing like what is obviously being shown, Tough times because they can't just take out their ability to use the dam. They have to destroy a lot of the things that could come back to haunt them.

I still hope Aby comes to his senses because I would much rather see Egypt concentrate on development and keep up the great fight against the Sinai cretins than to worry about war with Ethiopia no matter the distance since we will have no choice but to help Sudan and drag us into a quagmire. Unless it ends up being so devastating that the people don't back Aby and internal conflict steals the show. Unfortunately it needs to be done.
There are still to diplomatic options to go with the UNSC
1- it might recommend going to the IJC
2- it might force Ethiopia to sign the deal

Last edited:
There are still to diplomatic options to go with the UNSC
1- it might recommend going to the IJC
2 - it might force Ethiopia to sign

Reading some of the latest, Aby tries to sound so tough for public consumption because if he doesn't and there is actually a coalition of Egypt, Sudan, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and several other of the Muslim NATO which was ESACTLY designed for this purpose, that turtle head just might be way too huge to keep between his cheeks and at the same time, if he agrees to conditions that greatly favor Sudan and Egypt, the people will take a page from the January 6th statehouse insurrection except this time AK-47 are less than $15 over there and it will be a huge spoil for him.

Plus you know Sisi being a military man (and not just that but served as the intelligence director during Morsi lol) -- not like that orangutan who actually had the audacity to say he knew more than the generals -- is a military practitioner who will listen to all the top advisers from all branches and I guarantee you the damage will not be resorted to just the dam. Communications will be the first tithing targeted and taken out which will not only make them blind, but they won't be able to hear any of the EAF commands which will cripple them including taking out the main radio stations and TV & interment of course. but while all that is going down, major SEADs will be spectacularly taken out so they're completely blind, 8 years is a long time to keep an eye out on their premature military movements. Then then can just plow away at that damned dam that has waisted 10 years of negotiations. The guy thinks we're idiots and he'll find out shortly we're far from that and guess what bro, I wouldn't be surprised in there are a few Su-35s hanging around lobbying some seriously long distance munitions. The time has arrived there's no more time for those childish negotiations and take our kindness as foolishness.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom