What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

One picture has a booster.. so if its 250 KM range, that means the missile range without the booster is 150 to 200 KM..OR. if 250 KM range without the booster, that will mean 350 KM with the booster,,
Still a lil' confusing isn't it?
The booster is for the ground launch I think but it wasn't included at IDEX 2021, it helps the missile get to altitude and the speed for turbojet to function and the rocket motor falls off. It doesn't effect range, the turbojet is the propulsion that will take it to those far ranges.

The missile traveling at 5 meters will give a very short time to react to ships considering the radar horizon rules, although with AWACS detection would be greatly increased.

For example on the Type 45 the missile would be visible at 34 km away factoring in both radar height and missile height you would have 2 minutes to intercept the missile which is not as much time as you think especially when missiles are fired in large barrages.

Last edited:
Great post, SC bro. As great as that may be, the only problem Egypt has is being able to test any of these missiles, especially if there are any that have been in storage since the 80's. As soon as one of those goes airborne, the whole world will shake, rattle and roll! lol. I do remember pictures in Al Ahram after the parades and there were quite a few long trucks carrying huge missiles. We haven't seen much of any of that since the peace treaty. Of course they've put those away very far and deep. But it's good to know they most likely do exist, only they can't really test them.

And as impressive as the rest of the ship is, that is the main reason why I say they stick with the Italian version, However, if there is a possibility to get a 2nd one, I truly hope that instead of the missing SCALP cruise missile naval version they took out (which is kinda weird when you think about it because they did end up supplying us with 50 SCALPs for the Rafales, right? So what the heck is the difference?) And insist on the new Super Hercules Radar PLUS the NG MICA missiles for the forward 16 compartments at the least if they want to keep the Aster 15s in the rear rows, That is what bothers me the most out of this French FREMM and the only good thing about it and possibly getting a 2nd would be their ASW capabilities. LOL, our Italian friends had no issues whatsoever loading the rear 16 with Aster 15s and the forward 16 with Aster 30s for loner range, Bella facca el Italaianos love them! Having potent anti-submarine warships is definitely a major element of any powerful navy.
The Vector missile was tested thoroughly in Argentina and Iraq..

The Naval scalp has 1000 km range.. that is why it wasn't exported.. seems they were working on a 300 km range naval one but didn't hear about that anymore..

Hope Egypt will add another 16 cells on the Berghamini.. since this new French Fremm has 32.. 16 for aster 15 and 16 for Aster 30.. Oh these Europeans they always spoil and pamper themselves more..LOL

The Naval scalp has 1000 km range.. that is why it wasn't exported.. seems they were working on a 300 km range naval one but didn't hear about that anymore..
That is why you need your own cruise missiles developed indigenously so you can enjoy your full capabilities.

Hope Egypt will add another 16 cells on the Berghamini.

Is that what you were asking me about earlier if I noticed it in the video, that the Berghamini only comes wit 16 cells for either of the Asters? I didn't notice but I thought they all had 32? I'll Have to look it up.

EDIT; Yeah looks that way dang for an all purpose with only 16 cells, they should always keep them loaded with Aster 30s and good thing it's loaded with a lot of other goodies.

Last edited:
Is that what you were asking me about earlier if I noticed it in the video, that the Berghamini only comes wit 16 cells for either of the Asters? I didn't notice but I thought they all had 32? I'll Have to look it up.
Yes in that video about the Italian Berghamini.. there were a lot of cells, certainly more than 16.. But hey, I guess the EN knows what it needs..
That is why you need your own cruise missiles developed indigenously so you can enjoy your full capabilities.
There are articles talking about turning naval cruise missiles (which are readily available to all developing countries)..to full fledged cruise missiles.. it does not seem that easy, but very feasible though..

@Gomig-21

Good news,,

The French frigate “Brittany” succeeds in launching the MdCN cruise missile

الفرقاطة الفرنسية بريتاني تنجح في إطلاق صاروخ الكروز MdCN

MdCN is a cruise missile developed by MBDA and is capable of hitting targets at a distance of 250 km.

https://www.defense-arabic.com/2021/04/18/الفرقاطة-الفرنسية-بريتاني-تنجح-في-إط/

This is the one we were talking about.. It is ready now, so Egypt and Morocco can open those closed vertical launchers on their Fremm made for this cruise missile..

@Gomig-21

Good news,,

The French frigate “Brittany” succeeds in launching the MdCN cruise missile

الفرقاطة الفرنسية بريتاني تنجح في إطلاق صاروخ الكروز MdCN

MdCN is a cruise missile developed by MBDA and is capable of hitting targets at a distance of 250 km.

https://www.defense-arabic.com/2021/04/18/الفرقاطة-الفرنسية-بريتاني-تنجح-في-إط/

This is the one we were talking about.. It is ready now, so Egypt and Morocco can open those closed vertical launchers on their Fremm made for this cruise missile..

Let's hope they allow it, or at least price it appropriately. typically a new generation item with that range comes with quite the tag, At least a couple of the Russian missiles being carried on the MiGs and Su-35s are capable of cruising those ranges we already saw one on the MiGs in Sudan, The Su-35 should be way more dangerous and complementary.

Let's hope they allow it, or at least price it appropriately. typically a new generation item with that range comes with quite the tag, At least a couple of the Russian missiles being carried on the MiGs and Su-35s are capable of cruising those ranges we already saw one on the MiGs in Sudan, The Su-35 should be way more dangerous and complementary.
Allow it ..yes..price it appropriately.. not sure.. you know those Frenchies..HaHaHa!
There must be a good use for it..if the French themselves are using it.. although I doubt it, since they have the 1000 Km ranged one..

Helwa awi ya Ostaz sc Basha! Ramadan Kareem ya m3alem.

Not sure what's going on with the Katrans but they're really focusing on the Navy which is a great thing and most of it is to somehow gain some sort of parody with the GOBBLE GOBBLES to the north.

But I also thought it was a great thing how Putin used Sisi's "Red Line" phrase in his address at the Union yesterday. Sisi has done something that we'll start seeing a lot more people use simply because if worked.

Sisi said my Red line is from Sirte to whatever and the Gobble Gobbles backed right the frig off and now you'll be seeing a lot more people use it thanks to the GREAT ABDEL FATAH EL SISI!

"Don't mess with my RED LINE or you'll regret it BIG TIME! BRAVO!
1619045549222.png

I have a request, I searched for it but two things, ran out of patience because I couldn't find it. But could someone please post the link to or the You Tube video itself with the American ambassador's interview with an Egyptian reporter where he claimed that the United States has helped Egypt set up a complete self defense missile system around Cairo (must be a PAC-2/3? that's why that question was asked all the time but they're secretly positioned) in several vital places? I think it was @ARCH٤R who posted it because it was supposed to be a huge announcement about the F-16s and we kinda anticipated either a new missile upgrade or an MLU. Turned out to be be neither lol, Arch or SC or whomever posted it, could you kindly repost it for me. A fellow on the Russian forum was surprised and I told him I would post it once I found it. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I will owe you a favor like a virtual hug or something! :D

Last edited:

Notice that because of the size of the aircraft and the way they foam the gas tanks (not sure if only on the wings or everywhere else) that you almost never see any Su-30's or Su-35s with drop tanks? They carry quite a bit of internal fuel and fly like a hawk with all that weight and ordinance. Never see them carrying additional fuel under the wings or belly even though they can. I think on super duper long range missions, they rely mostly on air refueling but even that is rare. Can't wait to see them.

I also hope they finally reach a deal for just the 12 Rafales on their option which Dassault is supposed to honor because that is what an option is! You give them an option, it's completely theirs!!! So I don't know what the 2@#%$^#%$#^$&%*^(&)*(&*^&%^%*^(%&*^( is the darn problem and this ain't gonna take as long as India (sorry LOG) and all my Indian friends but I don't have any patience with these French.

So I say complete the 36 that's fine and add 46-50 of these bad Larries from Italy with loads of meteor and lessen the US components which is mostly GBU missiles, so it should be relatively easy to get rid of anything they're start bitching about. God I love this aircraft and there's the 80 eurotrash canards we wanted from the start and we already talked about the compatibility. Then you already have the newly developed compatibility with the MiGs and eventually the Sukhois and it will `be like butte with sugar sprinkled on o top

Look at this, oooof! Those Shadow Storms can easily be swapped with SCALPS. Keep the Brimstones of course and add the IRST BVR and rock and roll. Then when they US wants to participate, they know what they have to do,

1619049339001.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom