What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Drawing a blank, bro. Fill me in what are you thinking is the connection between the unmarked EAF Mirage 2000's with the UAE?
I think he means these are Emirati ones, that’s incorrect. Could it be related to Libya? They’ve been active this year so removing the insignia is weird. There hasn’t been any rumors of selling them; not to Pakistan, not to Syria, maybe Iraq? Too many questions.

Drawing a blank, bro. Fill me in what are you thinking is the connection between the unmarked EAF Mirage 2000's with the UAE?
Maybe the EAF can use some UAE's Mirages .. it can just take off the markings on either in time of need..
Now that everyone have seen that the Egyptian Mirages are not marked.. how would anyone know what Mirage it is in case of conflict..

I think he means these are Emirati ones, that’s incorrect. Could it be related to Libya? They’ve been active this year so removing the insignia is weird. There hasn’t been any rumors of selling them; not to Pakistan, not to Syria, maybe Iraq? Too many questions.
Maybe the EAF can use some UAE's Mirages .. it can just take off the markings on either in time of need..
Now that everyone have seen that the Egyptian Mirages are not marked.. how would anyone know what Mirage it is in case of conflict..

Well, I believe I figured it out. This aircraft here, is in fact one of the 4 Mirage 2000 BM two-seaters that came with the original order of 20 Mirage 2000's (16 single-seat EM) in 1981........

EtPpSgfXAAIEtqD

Is the same exact one as this one:

1612405782631.png

Which is the same as this one:

1612405811442.png

How do I know? Check out the unmarked one, it actually still has the Arabic serial number on under the Mirage 2000 sticker in front of the intake 9701 is the same on all of the other ones. They removed or covered the roundel on the intake and flag on the tail but if you magnify the pic, you can see the silhouette of each still on there. They also removed the English tail number 201 for some reason it's different from the Arabic serial number which is also interesting. But that is the one and the same 2-seat Mirage 2000 in the EAF. Now as to why they took off or covered the insignias, that's a whole other mystery. They might've been in the process of putting a new coat of paint on the birds and the French showed up in the middle of the paint job? The paint looks good so maybe they were right in the middle and still hadn't put the colors back? Maybe they coated the aircraft with RAM before they painted it? That is also a possibility but either way, that is the aircraft, EAF Mirage 2000 serial # 9701 and if you open the picture of the unmarked bird in a new tab and zoom in, you can see those Arabic numbers.

Attachments

• 1612405790906.png
    1612405790906.png
    399 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Well, I believe I figured it out. This aircraft here, is in fact one of the 4 Mirage 2000 BM two-seaters that came with the original order of 20 Mirage 2000's (16 single-seat EM) in 1981........

EtPpSgfXAAIEtqD

View attachment 713365

View attachment 713367

How do I know? Check out the unmarked one, it actually still has the Arabic serial number on under the Mirage 2000 sticker in front of the intake 9701 is the same on all of the other ones. They removed or covered the roundel on the intake and flag on the tail but if you magnify the pic, you can see the silhouette of each still on there. They also removed the English tail number 201 for some reason it's different from the Arabic serial number which is also interesting. But that is the one and the same 2-seat Mirage 2000 in the EAF. Now as to why they took off or covered the insignias, that's a whole other mystery. They might've been in the process of putting a new coat of paint on the birds and the French showed up in the middle of the paint job? The paint looks good so maybe they were right in the middle and still hadn't put the colors back? Maybe they coated the aircraft with RAM before they painted it? That is also a possibility but either way, that is the aircraft, EAF Mirage 2000 serial # 9701 and if you open the picture of the unmarked bird in a new tab and zoom in, you can see those Arabic numbers.

EtPpSgfXAAIEtqD

View attachment 713365

View attachment 713367

Still carrying the Remora ECM pod!
And the other two images are lovely as well, just a Centerline Supersonic Drop Tank!
Reminds me of how the IAF Mirages rolled earlier for ORP(Operational Readiness Platform) duties as well:
vajra Super 530D DT.jpg

One Supersonic DT, twin Super 530D BVR missiles, one Close Combat Magic II and a Remora ECM pod
Vajra Super-530D.jpg

Massive Super 530D BVR missiles and twin Magic 2 Close Combat Missiles only

Still carrying the Remora ECM pod!
And the other two images are lovely as well, just a Centerline Supersonic Drop Tank!
Reminds me of how the IAF Mirages rolled earlier for ORP(Operational Readiness Platform) duties as well:

I wish we had as many 2000s as the IAF does.

Very rare to see that ECM pod on there. The only other time we've ever seen it actually mounted was last year when Sisi was ready to go to war if the GNA crossed the "Red Line" in Libya and he had his speech at the Sidi Barrani air base in Western Egypt and there were a few Mirage 2000's there with some interesting munitions along with a few F-16s and I believe also a few MiG-29M/M2s. But this was the one shot taken of the loaded Mirage 2K.

Egyptian Air Force Mirage-2000 fighter jet at Sidi Barrani airbase, armed with MATRA SAMP 25ED 500Id bombs & fitted with Remora ECM Pod.
1612453803125.png

No A2A missiles at all! Then there was a couple of pics of when they were back in France and getting new munitions integrated at the time. Looks like maybe a Magic Matra Super 530R? An inert 550 (the all orange one) and possibly an ATLIS II pod?

1612453826878.png

This was in 1985/86 when most of the 2000s had been delivered and they were being paraded at media day etc.

ef216b4f0f5ba2a4640ed789099bee4e.jpg

The EAF was obviously very pleased with this aircraft, but Sadat had used this purchase to convince the US to sell us F-16s which it didn't want to and instead, kept offering the F-5. He was persuaded by Hosni Mubarak who was the air force chief prior to Sadat appointing him vice president that the F-16 was the way to go. So Sadat told the US forget it and went to France to order the 2000s to stick it to the US lol. They ended up loving the aircraft and after the first order of 20, they tried to purchase another batch of 20 but couldn't make the financing work. Then the US finally gave in and decided to give Egypt the F-16 but diluted them in order to keep Israel's F-16s more powerful. The rest is history as you know.

This pic below is pretty interesting because of the fact that there are French Rafales and Russian MiGs serving in the same Air Force and led by a French L'armee De L'Air Rafale. The dynamics are fascinating as I'm sure are the contract rules of personnel allowed to service the individual types of aircraft. Must be a very tricky situation to deal with.

EtftQklXUAATk3t

Here's the same batch of aircraft and a pic taken from the lead aircraft which is the French pilot in a French Rafale, flanked by the pair of EAF Rafales and trailing them is the pair of EAF MiG-29M/M2s.

Etdyc13XAAE1IVy

Did Pakistan and Egypt have some joint exercises in the Past? If yes what is about their present status? especially air forces

According to the American newspaper Defense News

_ First, Egypt wants to contract 24 Rafale aircraft

rafale_-_riat_2013_9435456345.jpg

_ Secondly, Egypt wants to contract helicopters from the Airbus company for the Egyptian Navy, perhaps the NH90

NH90-Spain.jpg

_Third, Egypt wants to contract for 30 drones from the French Safran company

RQXKZVNUWJBDFBVXB376MWUGE4.jpg

**Egypt also wanted to activate the additional item by purchasing two additional Gewind frigates, but the deal is suspended due to maintenance prices and the large amount..

Egypt, Pakistan's naval forces conduct drills in Mediterranean Sea - Xinhua | English.news.cn

2019 in pakistan , Egypt and jordan maneuvers with Pakistani armed forces

Egypt, Pakistan's naval forces conduct drills in Mediterranean Sea - Xinhua | English.news.cn

2019 in pakistan , Egypt and jordan maneuvers with Pakistani armed forces

Awesome, SC brother, the only think I don't like is the Pakistani stuff. They have a bad habit of talking shit behind our backs and I couldn't care less if I get banned out of this hell hole for that because it's the truth. So this chick who pretends she's some kind of Pakistani organizer or security clearance has spoken shit about Egyptian pilots (I forget her name or rather chose to forget it) and how dangerous they are and all that bullshit that I think she made up all that crap because the Egyptian and call then dangerous pilots who put on a show and a half LOL that none had ever seen and the only thing she was able to say was defended her and the worst part is this guy @MastanKhan defended her to no avail probably because he wanted to ge into her pants hahahaha loser! And it's funny how the Pakistanis think they're the only ones who have shot down 1 Israeli pilot over Syria while EAF pilot have plastered the Israeli air force with 5 aces and those aren't even the ones counted with additional views hahaha, What a bunch of bull shit! Not to mention the 123 Israeli jets the EAD knocker down with SA-1-2 jets on the ground hhahahahahhahaha, Pakistani 1 jets what a joke.

I don't ever want to see any cooperation with Pakistan so they can sheet behind our backs with the fishy turks bit our capabilities the traitors!?!?! Screw that ten times over. No thanks i a million years,

No thanks, we don't need Pakistani help we're doing JUST FINE exercising with the best qf the best in the French and Greece abd US and USE and USA and plenty other. we don't need no 2nd rate Pakistan arrogance.

Attachments

• 1612936248615.gif
    1612936248615.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 37
  • 1612936248939.gif
    1612936248939.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 33
Last edited:
i don't feel there's any love between Pakistan and Egypt whatsoever. As long as you suck up too turkey's whishes, a prevalent enemy and who started EVERTHING against us because of that two bit douchebag erdogan and yes I refuse to capitalize his first name as the scumbag that he is and as long as Pakistan continues to support them , then there is no love lost between us and no need for us to conduct any military exercise and i would prefer the status quo to remain the way it is until things change and erdogan gets a good taste of his own medicine that POS scumbag. There, I've said it and best of wished to Pakistan we have nothing against you except your relationship with our enemy the Turks who started the whole thing with the Muslim Brotherhood because he wanted to control Egypt sine he is also a MB and as far as I'm concerned, he can kiss my hairy Arab *** s far as I'm alive. In the meantime, Pakistan can maintain its distance wand we will do the same out of mutual respect, cheers.,

MEANWHILE PAKISTAN DOESN'T HESITATE TO WRAG ON THE EAF AS TO HOW DAGEROUS THEY ARE TO PROVE REALIY OUT THERE THAT WE LEARNWD FROM THE US IN THR MEANTME YOU GOT NOT BUT CRITISIS INSTEAD OF LEARNING. SHAME.
ON YOU ALL YOU WANT TO LEARN IS FORMATION FLYING LMFAO ON YOU W ON YPYOU E-WHAR ON \\\\\\

Last edited:
Did Pakistan and Egypt have some joint exercises in the Past? If yes what is about their present status? especially air forces

We don't want Pakistan iar fiorce. They bad mouth us as if their some kind of sir source to be recond with when it couldni't be further from the truthl,

Back
Top Bottom