What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

@Gomig-21

Did you too heard about..The Rafale new deal is linked to the sale of the additional 300 Scalp missiles, Imagine 350 Scalp missiles in the Egyptian inventory.., a large number, seems this is why the deal has been suspended so far..

I haven't heard that, bro. What's the problem, they don't want to sell that many SCALPs to the EAF?

Excellent and super informative 2-part series on every single impressive detail of the Su-35S. From the incredible capabilities of the IRBIS-E radar and IRST to the foam filled with fuel to all the avionics systems including a rather impressive cockpit sensor fusion & situational awareness and airframe survivability with redundancy and lifespan and many other great things about this aircraft. First video is 12 minutes the 2nd is 10.

I haven't heard that, bro. What's the problem, they don't want to sell that many SCALPs to the EAF?
It says that Egypt's condition for a new deal is to get 300 Scalp cruise missiles.. And we heard that France is proposing a deal.. so let's wait and see..

rafaleposter.jpg

Last edited:
EtOwK8vXEAETNji

Ex Phantom II!

EtOwK8wXAAIX1C7

EtOwK8wXcAInRrI

Images from Egyptian MoD
Customary but still my favorite background for any jet:
EtOS9KqXIAoF35x

Tanking from a Phenix
EtOS_udWgAIupj-

Images by French Air and Space Forces

Spot the Phantom Driver

Interesting he has the Phantom badge if that's what you're referring to, since he's the Egyptian Air Force Chief Mohammad Abbas. He was a backseater in one of the F-16s block 52s.

An interesting exercise between the EAF and the French L'armee de L'air in Egypt and interesting aircraft the French brought with them. A couple of Rafales and a few Mirage 2Ks, while the EAF was sporting Rafales, F-16s, MiG-29M/M2s and an E-2C Hawkeye and they did some air refueling qualifications with EAF Rafales using a French KC-139. The fun stuff is watching the MiGs doing fuel dumpings. If they could rig a spark in the nozzle they can light up the fuel like the old Australian F-111s lol. That one pic of the EAF Rafale inside the building with all those people (wonder who the hot good-looking women are?) is packing a Talios pod and a pair of MICA IRs I think, while another pair are on the hydraulic stands. Here's the video from the exercise.

Interesting he has the Phantom badge if that's what you're referring to, since he's the Egyptian Air Force Chief Mohammad Abbas. He was a backseater in one of the F-16s block 52s.
Got to be one of the coolest badges still worn.

An interesting exercise between the EAF and the French L'armee de L'air in Egypt and interesting aircraft the French brought with them. A couple of Rafales and a few Mirage 2Ks, while the EAF was sporting Rafales, F-16s, MiG-29M/M2s and an E-2C Hawkeye and they did some air refueling qualifications with EAF Rafales using a French KC-139. The fun stuff is watching the MiGs doing fuel dumpings. If they could rig a spark in the nozzle they can light up the fuel like the old Australian F-111s lol.
Well all the Mirage-2000s are EAF birds!
French only brought along aircraft they could potentially sell :partay:
Rafale/A-330 MRTT/A-400M

That one pic of the EAF Rafale inside the building with all those people (wonder who the hot good-looking women are?) is packing a Talios pod and a pair of MICA IRs I think, while another pair are on the hydraulic stands. Here's the video from the exercise.

Hiding in plain sight
EtO-rdNXcAEgWm7

Mahmoud Gamal Twitter(Great spotting)

Last edited:
Well all the Mirage-2000s are EAF birds!
French only brought along aircraft they could potentially sell :partay:
Rafale/A-330 MRTT/A-400M

Funny because I thought they were the EAF Mirages at first but then I paused it and there are no markings whatsoever. Not even a single roundel on the top or bottom of the wings and no flag on the tail which they almost always have the colors on those birds and at least the Arabic serial numbers. So I thought they might've been French ones since some of those are very discretely marked. But they definitely look EAF just not sure why they're stripped of all insignia. That is rather strange but like I was telling you the other day, that's how they treat those birds, in a very strange manner and there's proof of that! lol

The refueler also got me fooled thinking it was their KC-135 actually, not 139 but the winglets are a dead giveaway on the A-330 MRTT.

Funny because I thought they were the EAF Mirages at first but then I paused it and there are no markings whatsoever. Not even a single roundel on the top or bottom of the wings and no flag on the tail which they almost always have the colors on those birds and at least the Arabic serial numbers. So I thought they might've been French ones since some of those are very discretely marked. But they definitely look EAF just not sure why they're stripped of all insignia. That is rather strange but like I was telling you the other day, that's how they treat those birds, in a very strange manner and there's proof of that! lol

The refueler also got me fooled thinking it was their KC-135 actually, not 139 but the winglets are a dead giveaway on the A-330 MRTT.
EtOwK8wXcAInRrI

Have you guys noticed the Scalp again.. in front of the Rafale..

An interesting exercise between the EAF and the French L'armee de L'air in Egypt and interesting aircraft the French brought with them. A couple of Rafales and a few Mirage 2Ks, while the EAF was sporting Rafales, F-16s, MiG-29M/M2s and an E-2C Hawkeye and they did some air refueling qualifications with EAF Rafales using a French KC-139. The fun stuff is watching the MiGs doing fuel dumpings. If they could rig a spark in the nozzle they can light up the fuel like the old Australian F-111s lol. That one pic of the EAF Rafale inside the building with all those people (wonder who the hot good-looking women are?) is packing a Talios pod and a pair of MICA IRs I think, while another pair are on the hydraulic stands. Here's the video from the exercise.

What is the occasion? Is this training annually??

What is the occasion? Is this training annually??

It's something new the French Air Force has put together called Skyros. Basically a quick couple of days with allies and friendly nations. It might be an annual thing or turn into a bigger event or not happen again for a while, who knows.

EtPQplSWQAIcKR5

This is a video by the French showing other details from the other video.

EtOwK8wXcAInRrI

Have you guys noticed the Scalp again.. in front of the Rafale..

Unmarked Mirage-2000's bro. First time in the history of this aircraft that I've ever seen them flying around without any colors or insignia. And I'm old enough to remember when they first came to Egypt in 1981 and remember their pictures in the newspapers and not once have they been photographed without insignia like this. Very strange. What do you make of this?

EtPpSgfXAAIEtqD

Unmarked Mirage-2000's bro. First time in the history of this aircraft that I've ever seen them flying around without any colors or insignia. And I'm old enough to remember when they first came to Egypt in 1981 and remember their pictures in the newspapers and not once have they been photographed without insignia like this. Very strange. What do you make of this?

EtPpSgfXAAIEtqD
There is a possibility.. just think UAE.. and see what comes up in your mind..
It's something new the French Air Force has put together called Skyros. Basically a quick couple of days with allies and friendly nations. It might be an annual thing or turn into a bigger event or not happen again for a while, who knows.

EtPQplSWQAIcKR5

This is a video by the French showing other details from the other video.

Conclusion of the exercise..

There is a possibility.. just think UAE.. and see what comes up in your mind.

Drawing a blank, bro. Fill me in what are you thinking is the connection between the unmarked EAF Mirage 2000's with the UAE?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom