What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Well, the ESR-32A is based off an American radar that was far ahead of compared to Soviet/Chinese radars back in the 80s and 90s. It is an upgraded system, but is still relatively behind other countries radars because Egypt is new at this. Nothing comparable to that Raytheon system yet, but apparently a 450km radar is being developed.

This is a new radar shown in Benha factory in April 2020. It seems to be a short range radar. Again, this is not the ESR-32A.

View attachment 683273

Could you link the video/source where you got this pic from?

I found this about Benha Factory online

Benha Electronics (Factory 144)
is a leading Egyptian company in the field of electronics and a member of the National Authority for Military Production. The company's military portfolio includes communication devices, radars and electronic equipment. The company also produces LED lamps, solar panels & X-Ray systems, LED TVs, computers & tablets, as well as traffic lights & counters, for civilian use.
In 2009, "Benha Electronics Co." signed a MoU with JSC "SAF Tehnika" for the production of microwave radio systems in Egypt for projects and tenders in Egypt and its neighbouring countries. The MoU indicated that the contract would be the basis for a long-term joint venture that would make Benha the local hub for the Latvian firm’s regional operations.
Benha Electronics (Factory 144) - Pictures
Benha Electronics (Factory 144) - Pictures 2
Benha Electronics (Factory 144) - Pictures 3
Benha Electronics (Factory 144) - Pictures 4
Benha Electronics (Factory 144) - Pictures 5

source:

Last edited:
Could you link the video/source where you got this pic from?

I found this about Benha Factory online

Benha Electronics (Factory 144)
is a leading Egyptian company in the field of electronics and a member of the National Authority for Military Production. The company's military portfolio includes communication devices, radars and electronic equipment. The company also produces LED lamps, solar panels & X-Ray systems, LED TVs, computers & tablets, as well as traffic lights & counters, for civilian use.
In 2009, "Benha Electronics Co." signed a MoU with JSC "SAF Tehnika" for the production of microwave radio systems in Egypt for projects and tenders in Egypt and its neighbouring countries. The MoU indicated that the contract would be the basis for a long-term joint venture that would make Benha the local hub for the Latvian firm’s regional operations.
Benha Electronics (Factory 144) - Pictures
Benha Electronics (Factory 144) - Pictures 2
Benha Electronics (Factory 144) - Pictures 3
Benha Electronics (Factory 144) - Pictures 4
Benha Electronics (Factory 144) - Pictures 5

source:
Yes, here is the source. That Latvian company is unrelated to the radar.

Camcopter S-100 on Mistral .

1603902718070.png

The admiral is a great man, isn't he? He comes from a long line of mariners in his family and you can tell.

I also found it pretty interesting how many fast circles that fast-patrol boat and that rib were making inside the dock area during that entire interview. They must've made over 100 circles inside the dock bay and every time they make a turn, they create a wake that pushes onto all the docked boats, ships and even submarines but I guess they're not bothered by that? And I'm also guessing it's a form of security detail they're performing and a very interesting one.

What do you guys think of MLRS on ships? US marines were testing this out recently, and I think in theory it could work quite well if GPS/INS guided rockets are used.

View attachment 683464

Funny no one made fun of that because it was the GREAT UNITED STATES OF AMERICA that put an MLRS on the deck of a ship and fired it and used it as an example to study the prospective of such a system to be permanently installed as part of the ship's weapon's systems. But when Egypt came up with the brilliant -- and only temporary -- idea of using the Avenger ground to air missile system on the Mistral LHD until the permanent CIWS is installed, every one was laughing and mocking the idea even when they knew it was a GREAT idea. Because of course, it's Egyptian and the hate is heavy for some stupid reason.

It also brings me to a correlation of today's big news regarding the UAE's request being pushed into congress by the White House (Trump to be exact) for 50 F-35s! 50 of them which is the same amount Israel is eventually getting in their initial order.

Now, all of this why? Because the UAE decided to assume normal relations with Israel? Screw that! We made friggin peace with that PITA state some 42 years ago and we're not allowed to even purchase the AIM-120?! Anyone else see something wrong with this picture? Why is Egypt chastised so badly when it comes to advanced weapons from the US?

Is it because Israel is scared out of its pants from us? Are they THAT AFRAID of us having such weapons because the last time we fought them, we hurt them really badly and our military -- and especially our airfroce -- showed signs that it was going to be a powerhouse should it continue to get the latest weaponry and that is why a huge process was started by Israel and the US to keep all these advanced weapons out of Egypt's hands? What about the peace process? It doesn't mean anything when Egypt has abided by it for 40 years and the UAE just signed a normalizing relationship with Israel and suddenly they're allowed 50 F-35s?! Who else is kinda wondering what the heck is going on here?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom