What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Apparently the Egyptian Military is giving away some of its traits of “secrecy” and low profile.
CA236A45-13BC-455C-930A-7A3B727CE125.jpeg

I was sure we had Storm Shadows, but like I said the EAF doesn’t fly armed on footages and has no public photographers.

Apparently the Egyptian Military is giving away some of its traits of “secrecy” and low profile. View attachment 682907
I was sure we had Storm Shadows, but like I said the EAF doesn’t fly armed on footages and has no public photographers.
It's understandable that they are military secrets I like this Egyptian style of retain the secrets but also it is nervous torture that we are not sure what we have until unveiling them

I guess that pretty much settles the SCALP issue, like we've been saying for a while, now.
Apparently the Egyptian Military is giving away some of its traits of “secrecy” and low profile. View attachment 682907

I like the IRST pillow protector. Good thing in that heat for sure.

Egypt does produce radars, but BVR missiles are a whole different ball game and are hard to get right. I hope in the future it can, but I'm not expecting it.

And here's more reason why the Typhoons are more attractive at this point and the more we see things develop, the more convinced I am that the EAF should just forgo France and pursue Italy with the help of the UK on the Typhoon because look at this count of all those that own the SCALP/Storm Shadow missiles which are essentially both the same. The SCALP is the French version of the cruise missile and the Storm Shadow is the British variant of the same exact missile.

Storm Shadow/SCALP EG

23px-Flag_of_Egypt.svg.png
Egypt 50 ordered for the Egyptian Air Force in 2015 as part of the Dassault Rafale deal.
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png
France 500 ordered for the French Air Force in 1998. 50 MdCNs ordered in 2006 and a further 100 ordered in 2009 for the French Navy. As of 2016, France will reduce its stocks down 100 missiles.
23px-Flag_of_Greece.svg.png
GreeceUnknown number ordered for the Hellenic Air Force in 2000 and 2003.
23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png
Italy 200 ordered for the Aeronautica Militare in 1999.
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png
IndiaUnknown number ordered for the Indian Air Force in 2016 as part of the Dassault Rafale deal.
23px-Flag_of_Qatar.svg.png
Qatar 140 ordered for the Qatar Air Force in 2015.
23px-Flag_of_Saudi_Arabia.svg.png
Saudi Arabia 300+ ordered for the Royal Saudi Air Force in 2006.
23px-Flag_of_the_United_Arab_Emirates.svg.png
United Arab Emirates 600 ordered for the United Arab Emirates Air Force in 1997. Known as Black Shaheen.
23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png
United Kingdom 700-1000The Independent estimated the order for the Royal Air Force to be in the range of 700-1000.

Now it's possible that since this was the first order and it accompanied a HUGE mega deal with the Mistrals and FREMM and all the Rafales etc. and so the EAF might not have wanted to spend a lot of money or couldn't afford more than 50 in that go-around and would order more the next time around. But something tells me that the 50 units is more a restriction imposed by France than an inability to pay for them. Saudi Arabia with 300+ units!? UAE with 600 and ToT to build the Shaheen?! A7a!

Hence, if the EAF chooses to purchase the Typhoon through Italy, I bet its chances of getting more Storm Shadows variants to go with those aircraft would be much higher but also the Meteor missile I bet the Italians would expedite them a lot quicker than the BS length of time it's taking France to deliver them. And even when and IF France does deliver the meteors, you can bet the count will be very low compared to India or any others whom are ordering it like Qatar also. Heck there's even talk that the Indian Meteors were delivered even before the first Rafale arrived in India LOL! Tell me something isn't fishy with that picture!?!?

Why doesn't Egypt make its own BVR missiles and Radars?
يا عم اصطبح
AD930D7E-4124-4556-BF43-36FE328E594D.jpeg

We didn’t have the intention of doing so for quite some time due to neglect. I think it’ll be wise to buy South Africa’s Company “Denel” since the South African Government and officials are genetically engineered pigs made to look like humans from what I’ve been hearing.
Can someone estimate the worth of Denel?

And here's more reason why the Typhoons are more attractive at this point and the more we see things develop, the more convinced I am that the EAF should just forgo France and pursue Italy with the help of the UK on the Typhoon because look at this count of all those that own the SCALP/Storm Shadow missiles which are essentially both the same. The SCALP is the French version of the cruise missile and the Storm Shadow is the British variant of the same exact missile.

Storm Shadow/SCALP EG

23px-Flag_of_Egypt.svg.png
Egypt 50 ordered for the Egyptian Air Force in 2015 as part of the Dassault Rafale deal.
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png
France 500 ordered for the French Air Force in 1998. 50 MdCNs ordered in 2006 and a further 100 ordered in 2009 for the French Navy. As of 2016, France will reduce its stocks down 100 missiles.
23px-Flag_of_Greece.svg.png
GreeceUnknown number ordered for the Hellenic Air Force in 2000 and 2003.
23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png
Italy 200 ordered for the Aeronautica Militare in 1999.
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png
IndiaUnknown number ordered for the Indian Air Force in 2016 as part of the Dassault Rafale deal.
23px-Flag_of_Qatar.svg.png
Qatar 140 ordered for the Qatar Air Force in 2015.
23px-Flag_of_Saudi_Arabia.svg.png
Saudi Arabia 300+ ordered for the Royal Saudi Air Force in 2006.
23px-Flag_of_the_United_Arab_Emirates.svg.png
United Arab Emirates 600 ordered for the United Arab Emirates Air Force in 1997. Known as Black Shaheen.
23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png
United Kingdom 700-1000The Independent estimated the order for the Royal Air Force to be in the range of 700-1000.

Now it's possible that since this was the first order and it accompanied a HUGE mega deal with the Mistrals and FREMM and all the Rafales etc. and so the EAF might not have wanted to spend a lot of money or couldn't afford more than 50 in that go-around and would order more the next time around. But something tells me that the 50 units is more a restriction imposed by France than an inability to pay for them. Saudi Arabia with 300+ units!? UAE with 600 and ToT to build the Shaheen?! A7a!

Hence, if the EAF chooses to purchase the Typhoon through Italy, I bet its chances of getting more Storm Shadows variants to go with those aircraft would be much higher but also the Meteor missile I bet the Italians would expedite them a lot quicker than the BS length of time it's taking France to deliver them. And even when and IF France does deliver the meteors, you can bet the count will be very low compared to India or any others whom are ordering it like Qatar also. Heck there's even talk that the Indian Meteors were delivered even before the first Rafale arrived in India LOL! Tell me something isn't fishy with that picture!?!?
Just 50? :(
I have an old question In my mind
Can for example Egyptian fighters use Saudi scalps or in any cases?

Shallowly speaking, if both share the same Pylon link than yes - and if the Saudis are given their own programming keys for it (I think that’s how it is) if we obtain them then that’s also a yes. @Mamajama can you confirm this?

We should have like 200. Even though there are only 23 aircraft, so you can only fire so many at one point and probably not a good idea to store so many when you're not in a state of war. But 50 is very low and the proof is looking at the others, the closest one with the lowest count is Qatar with 140 and 36 jets. I just wonder if it was EAF's decision or was the number dictated to them? That makes a big difference because we don't want to see any more of that kinda thing.

As far as EAF Rafales using Saudi Storm Shadows, it all depends on if there is a difference in the two kinds and what is that difference? If there isn't and it's just the name, then the cruise missile is a fire and forget munition with initial flight path controlled by inertial/GPS/terrain reference guidance and it has an infrared seeker for the final or terminal guidance to target. So it's very compatible and the only issue would be compatibility in programming the GPS coordinates into the cruise missile prior to launching it and if that process is done by linkage or simply an existing software in the fighter's avionics. Either way, I bet it would be an easy adjustment/programming if it is needed.

Can anyone identify the rifle?

ElS2-kQW0AA-NVg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom