What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Funny no one made fun of that because it was the GREAT UNITED STATES OF AMERICA that put an MLRS on the deck of a ship and fired it and used it as an example to study the prospective of such a system to be permanently installed as part of the ship's weapon's systems. But when Egypt came up with the brilliant -- and only temporary -- idea of using the Avenger ground to air missile system on the Mistral LHD until the permanent CIWS is installed, every one was laughing and mocking the idea even when they knew it was a GREAT idea. Because of course, it's Egyptian and the hate is heavy for some stupid reason.

It also brings me to a correlation of today's big news regarding the UAE's request being pushed into congress by the White House (Trump to be exact) for 50 F-35s! 50 of them which is the same amount Israel is eventually getting in their initial order.

Now, all of this why? Because the UAE decided to assume normal relations with Israel? Screw that! We made friggin peace with that PITA state some 42 years ago and we're not allowed to even purchase the AIM-120?! Anyone else see something wrong with this picture? Why is Egypt chastised so badly when it comes to advanced weapons from the US?

Is it because Israel is scared out of its pants from us? Are they THAT AFRAID of us having such weapons because the last time we fought them, we hurt them really badly and our military -- and especially our airfroce -- showed signs that it was going to be a powerhouse should it continue to get the latest weaponry and that is why a huge process was started by Israel and the US to keep all these advanced weapons out of Egypt's hands? What about the peace process? It doesn't mean anything when Egypt has abided by it for 40 years and the UAE just signed a normalizing relationship with Israel and suddenly they're allowed 50 F-35s?! Who else is kinda wondering what the heck is going on here?
Expected. 10 years from now we might see the QME vanishing I reckon.

Funny no one made fun of that because it was the GREAT UNITED STATES OF AMERICA that put an MLRS on the deck of a ship and fired it and used it as an example to study the prospective of such a system to be permanently installed as part of the ship's weapon's systems. But when Egypt came up with the brilliant -- and only temporary -- idea of using the Avenger ground to air missile system on the Mistral LHD until the permanent CIWS is installed, every one was laughing and mocking the idea even when they knew it was a GREAT idea. Because of course, it's Egyptian and the hate is heavy for some stupid reason.

It also brings me to a correlation of today's big news regarding the UAE's request being pushed into congress by the White House (Trump to be exact) for 50 F-35s! 50 of them which is the same amount Israel is eventually getting in their initial order.

Now, all of this why? Because the UAE decided to assume normal relations with Israel? Screw that! We made friggin peace with that PITA state some 42 years ago and we're not allowed to even purchase the AIM-120?! Anyone else see something wrong with this picture? Why is Egypt chastised so badly when it comes to advanced weapons from the US?

Is it because Israel is scared out of its pants from us? Are they THAT AFRAID of us having such weapons because the last time we fought them, we hurt them really badly and our military -- and especially our airfroce -- showed signs that it was going to be a powerhouse should it continue to get the latest weaponry and that is why a huge process was started by Israel and the US to keep all these advanced weapons out of Egypt's hands? What about the peace process? It doesn't mean anything when Egypt has abided by it for 40 years and the UAE just signed a normalizing relationship with Israel and suddenly they're allowed 50 F-35s?! Who else is kinda wondering what the heck is going on here?
Because Egypt deal was and still is a cold peace.
UAE is not really peace, but normalization... they were never our enemy.
Also, UAE is a much bigger ally to U.S than Egypt.
Israel couldn't block this deal even if it wanted to
Expected. 10 years from now we might see the QME vanishing I reckon.

Last edited:
www.timesofisrael.com
Gantz touts ‘major leap’ for Israeli security as US re-ups military edge promise US defense secretary signs agreement to honor existing commitment to Jewish state's military superiority amid concerns over sale of F-35 fighter jets to UAE
www.timesofisrael.com
www.timesofisrael.com
Should Egypt be leaping 60-70 billion dollars in GDP each year for the next ten years a promising relationship with the US could be seen on the horizon. I don’t see a QME on what I think would become the biggest economy between Iran and Morocco horizontally and between Yemen and Turkey vertically in 2030. Yet Egypt has a foreign debt to monitor, Russians to set a rhythm with and a hostile Libya to put in mind in case the elections there bring a pro Turkish into office.

Israel couldn't block this deal even if it wanted to

Yes and that is the fact many of people don't want to understand

Cold, warm, luke warm or freezing doesn't matter. It's a major peace agreement that has held up for 40 years after 4+ wars. That cannot be simply discounted or made to look trivial because some think it's cold. Israelis come to Sinai by the thousands every year and even visit Egypt and the pyramids etc. It's about as normalized as can be. I doubt you'll see thousands of Emirates going to Israel either TBH. Maybe some will visit Jerusalem like Egyptians but I think that's about it.

Which makes it even more impactful. And the fact that it has lasted 40 out of the 100 years agreed to in the treaty without a single violation and even large, economic deals between the 2 countries like the last gas deal. UAE hasn't even smelled 1/1-milionth of the same level and won't no matter how long. I don't see it.

How is that? Simply because it allows the US to park it's warships in Dubai and gives the US 3 or 4 military bases and they have that preclearance border thing?! But so what? All that is fine and we're not talking about the same sale of equipment as the US is giving the UAE. We're simply talking about ending the banned BVR missiles and maybe allow the Longbow ladar and things of that sort. That's not asking much. But to prevent them is really not going to work out well because it will exacerbate the situation just like it already has.

Look at what we've done - we went out and bought Rafales with MICAs and MiGs with R-77s. & R-73s and Su-35S with R-27 plus other lethal weapons and we paid for all of that instead of getting free stuff from the US. All the US had to do was say we'll sell you this stuff instead of giving it to you for free and we would've paid for it in a heartbeat. But I know it's not about the money. But that policy has backfired on the US and it will get worst, no question about it. All this for BVR missiles and AESA radars? I think its ridiculous.

Cold, warm, luke warm or freezing doesn't matter. It's a major peace agreement that has held up for 40 years after 4+ wars. That cannot be simply discounted or made to look trivial because some think it's cold. Israelis come to Sinai by the thousands every year and even visit Egypt and the pyramids etc. It's about as normalized as can be. I doubt you'll see thousands of Emirates going to Israel either TBH. Maybe some will visit Jerusalem like Egyptians but I think that's about it.

Which makes it even more impactful. And the fact that it has lasted 40 out of the 100 years agreed to in the treaty without a single violation and even large, economic deals between the 2 countries like the last gas deal. UAE hasn't even smelled 1/1-milionth of the same level and won't no matter how long. I don't see it.

How is that? Simply because it allows the US to park it's warships in Dubai and gives the US 3 or 4 military bases and they have that preclearance border thing?! But so what? All that is fine and we're not talking about the same sale of equipment as the US is giving the UAE. We're simply talking about ending the banned BVR missiles and maybe allow the Longbow ladar and things of that sort. That's not asking much. But to prevent them is really not going to work out well because it will exacerbate the situation just like it already has.

Look at what we've done - we went out and bought Rafales with MICAs and MiGs with R-77s. & R-73s and Su-35S with R-27 plus other lethal weapons and we paid for all of that instead of getting free stuff from the US. All the US had to do was say we'll sell you this stuff instead of giving it to you for free and we would've paid for it in a heartbeat. But I know it's not about the money. But that policy has backfired on the US and it will get worst, no question about it. All this for BVR missiles and AESA radars? I think its ridiculous.
I only cast my opinion as I see it...
The hate for Israel is real in Egypt, regardless of state of peace.
Hell, some years ago we thought the muslim brother would cancel the peace deal and we'll be back to state of war.
Moreover, Israel has nothing to argue with against the sale of those planes to the emirates...
They were never in a state of war with us, never attacked us and weren't direct opponents of Israel.
Moreover, they're in the gulf, which is far away from Israel.
That's why I claimed that even if Israel wanted to stop the deal it couldn't.
Lastly, Egypt does not solely rely on the U.S weapon like UAE do (mostly)
But, I do understand the dissapointment from the egyptian side

You're right buddy..there must be something else.. even the AMRAAM has many versions from 5 to 7..C and D..and what is so special about the longbow..it is not like it is a game changer.. ..and what more qualitative edge does Usrael wants.. when it has "apparently" nuclear weapons, Intercontinental BM, the combination of F-16s and F-15s and the F-35!.. not talking about the exclusive technologies they get from the west and get help developing them for their own too....So there is definitely something else behind not providing Egypt with advanced US weapon systems!??

I only cast my opinion as I see it...
The hate for Israel is real in Egypt, regardless of state of peace.

But that's trivial. It's because of the Palestinian issue and everyone knows that but it shouldn't matter because the policy and the treaty and the government's attitude and dealing are the most important thing and all of those have been nothing but abiding by the treaty. And trust me, the UAE, Saudiya, Sudan, Oman they will all be feeling and sharing the same exact sentiments as the Egyptian people are despite normalization of things. The same stuff goes on in the entire Arab world. There are those who support the normalization and those who don't because they're loyal to the Palestinian cause. It won't be any different.

Hell, some years ago we thought the muslim brother would cancel the peace deal and we'll be back to state of war.

I remember that. But now when you look back at it, you realize that was a bit premature to feel that way, right? There is no way any leader, no matter how he comes to power in Egypt who will cancel the peace treaty and go back to a state of war. There is nothing in the world that makes that worthwhile unless Israel instigate FIRST. And that brings us back full circle to the weapons and why we want to be as strong as possible and have the right weapons to fight with instead of being short-handed like we always have been. You realize that aside from 1948, all the other wars we fought we were underhanded in weapons compared to you?

I can give you all the statistics I was reading from one of Shazly's books that @ARCH٤R sent me a couple of days ago and he lists all the equipment including manpower. That was the really fascinating thing about Israel in that as small of a country that it is/was with a tiny population, yet it was still able to mobilize a much larger army in manpower than most European countries combined as well as the United States!!! There were some staggering figures he shared in that book and they're right on the money.

So any of these weapons would be nothing but defensive in their use.

Moreover, Israel has nothing to argue with against the sale of those planes to the emirates...
They were never in a state of war with us, never attacked us and weren't direct opponents of Israel.
Moreover, they're in the gulf, which is far away from Israel.
That's why I claimed that even if Israel wanted to stop the deal it couldn't.
Lastly, Egypt does not solely rely on the U.S weapon like UAE do (mostly)
But, I do understand the dissapointment from the egyptian side

I don't think that was true actually. I think the Israeli heads of state and military leaders weren't happy about this at all. Why else are they discussing compensation and other gifts to keep the QME in Israel's favor? So Israel does have reason to argue against the sale of those AC.

As far as Egypt not relying on the US only for weapons, well yeah, we know why! lol. If it wasn't for giving us the 4th most F-16s in the world and then telling us we can't upgrade the radars to AESA nor can we get the AIM-120 (not even the B which is 60km range like Turkey has loooool) is crazy.

So I'll ask you, why does Jordan get the AIM-120? They were Israel's enemy and made peace AFTER Egypt did by many years? And they're closer? Isn't that interesting? What about Saudi Arabia? They were definitely in a state of war with Israel since they helped us in many ways when we were fighting you guys yet they have the best of the best of the best! lol. Does that make sense? Something is veeeery fishy, Sling! BTW, Jordan is asking for the F-16 Block 70.

You're right buddy..there must be something else.. even the AMRAAM has many versions from 5 to 7..C and D..and what is so special about the longbow..it is not like it is a game changer.. ..and what more qualitative edge does Usrael wants.. when it has "apparently" nuclear weapons, Intercontinental BM, the combination of F-16s and F-15s and the F-35!.. not talking about the exclusive technologies they get from the west and get help developing them for their own too....So there is definitely something else behind not providing Egypt with advanced US weapon systems!??

Something is very strange. Israel might have something to do with it because of Egypt's airforce reaching a high level of capability and challenging the IDF would make it a bit more of a challenge if the EAF had AIM-120 Cs for its huge fleet of F-16s. It would certainly make it a headache for Israel should there be an all out war except the likelihood of that war happening is almost 0%. That's what I'm getting at with this because of all the existing conditions.

We still don't know if the US offered the missiles with the F-15 if we canceled the Su-35s, right? So can you imagine them offering the F-15s instead of the F-35 we asked for and then saying "but we can't give you the AIM-120s with them and they'll be just like the F-16" ???????? LOL! Did they say that? I'd love to know!

Meanwhile, Israel operates the latest AIM-120 with all 3 of its aircraft in the F-16, F-15 and F-35. Plus it has its own medium air to air missiles in the Derby. The Pythons are all short range plus they operate the AIM-9s and even operate the AIM-7 Sparrow like us LOL! So the have an advantage even if we did get the AIM-120C. Not sure what the big deal is to keep it away like that including like we mentioned other things like the Longbow which would enhance our Apache fleet's fighting capabilities as a group and it's not necessarily cutting edge technology anymore. So what's the problem?

The only thing I can think of is they're worried we're going to share American systems with China and Russia. That must be the only thing and Israel is even more guilty than Egypt in that so there goes that excuse.

At any rate, thank goodness for our Russian friends! Interesting top view for this beast which I hope is the precursor to the Su-57 coming to Egypt in due time. As we've found out recently (actually we kinda knew about this for a while but we revealed it recently lol) is that stealthy aircraft are good against other aircraft. But against capable ground radars, they're pretty much toasted and buttered up! :D

12226010.jpg

Last edited:
But that's trivial. It's because of the Palestinian issue and everyone knows that but it shouldn't matter because the policy and the treaty and the government's attitude and dealing are the most important thing and all of those have been nothing but abiding by the treaty. And trust me, the UAE, Saudiya, Sudan, Oman they will all be feeling and sharing the same exact sentiments as the Egyptian people are despite normalization of things. The same stuff goes on in the entire Arab world. There are those who support the normalization and those who don't because they're loyal to the Palestinian cause. It won't be any different.

I remember that. But now when you look back at it, you realize that was a bit premature to feel that way, right? There is no way any leader, no matter how he comes to power in Egypt who will cancel the peace treaty and go back to a state of war. There is nothing in the world that makes that worthwhile unless Israel instigate FIRST. And that brings us back full circle to the weapons and why we want to be as strong as possible and have the right weapons to fight with instead of being short-handed like we always have been. You realize that aside from 1948, all the other wars we fought we were underhanded in weapons compared to you?

I can give you all the statistics I was reading from one of Shazly's books that @ARCH٤R sent me a couple of days ago and he lists all the equipment including manpower. That was the really fascinating thing about Israel in that as small of a country that it is/was with a tiny population, yet it was still able to mobilize a much larger army in manpower than most European countries combined as well as the United States!!! There were some staggering figures he shared in that book and they're right on the money.

So any of these weapons would be nothing but defensive in their use.

I don't think that was true actually. I think the Israeli heads of state and military leaders weren't happy about this at all. Why else are they discussing compensation and other gifts to keep the QME in Israel's favor? So Israel does have reason to argue against the sale of those AC.

As far as Egypt not relying on the US only for weapons, well yeah, we know why! lol. If it wasn't for giving us the 4th most F-16s in the world and then telling us we can't upgrade the radars to AESA nor can we get the AIM-120 (not even the B which is 60km range like Turkey has loooool) is crazy.

So I'll ask you, why does Jordan get the AIM-120? They were Israel's enemy and made peace AFTER Egypt did by many years? And they're closer? Isn't that interesting? What about Saudi Arabia? They were definitely in a state of war with Israel since they helped us in many ways when we were fighting you guys yet they have the best of the best of the best! lol. Does that make sense? Something is veeeery fishy, Sling! BTW, Jordan is asking for the F-16 Block 70.

Something is very strange. Israel might have something to do with it because of Egypt's airforce reaching a high level of capability and challenging the IDF would make it a bit more of a challenge if the EAF had AIM-120 Cs for its huge fleet of F-16s. It would certainly make it a headache for Israel should there be an all out war except the likelihood of that war happening is almost 0%. That's what I'm getting at with this because of all the existing conditions.

We still don't know if the US offered the missiles with the F-15 if we canceled the Su-35s, right? So can you imagine them offering the F-15s instead of the F-35 we asked for and then saying "but we can't give you the AIM-120s with them and they'll be just like the F-16" ???????? LOL! Did they say that? I'd love to know!

Meanwhile, Israel operates the latest AIM-120 with all 3 of its aircraft in the F-16, F-15 and F-35. Plus it has its own medium air to air missiles in the Derby. The Pythons are all short range plus they operate the AIM-9s and even operate the AIM-7 Sparrow like us LOL! So the have an advantage even if we did get the AIM-120C. Not sure what the big deal is to keep it away like that including like we mentioned other things like the Longbow which would enhance our Apache fleet's fighting capabilities as a group and it's not necessarily cutting edge technology anymore. So what's the problem?

The only thing I can think of is they're worried we're going to share American systems with China and Russia. That must be the only thing and Israel is even more guilty than Egypt in that so there goes that excuse.

At any rate, thank goodness for our Russian friends! Interesting top view for this beast which I hope is the precursor to the Su-57 coming to Egypt in due time. As we've found out recently (actually we kinda knew about this for a while but we revealed it recently lol) is that stealthy aircraft are good against other aircraft. But against capable ground radars, they're pretty much toasted and buttered up! :D

12226010.jpg
You nailed it ..

Is that some kind of stainless steel rocket on the right side of the little drone helo there that it can fire on a target or something? Or is that a decoy or a sonar buoy or something?!

Another real helo in the EAF's inventory and one of the better ones in the Sea King Commando. Undergoing a quick engine inspection.

ElqlBRYW0AAQamk

Is that some kind of stainless steel rocket on the right side of the little drone helo there that it can fire on a target or something? Or is that a decoy or a sonar buoy or something?!

Another real helo in the EAF's inventory and one of the better ones in the Sea King Commando. Undergoing a quick engine inspection.

ElqlBRYW0AAQamk
I've been seeing Scandinavian rockets like these for ages..

The Sea King Commandos are getting old..

AW149 armed version

Other versions
aw149_77158.jpg

AW189
AW189_-_Lydd_Airport_%28centered%29.jpg

Last edited:
I've been seeing Scandinavian rockets like these for ages..

The Sea King Commandos are getting old..

So it is a rocket? Cool.

Hey, the Sea King is still the US president's preferred ride from the capital and the white house.
Marine One still flies the current pig in the white house around hopefully not for much longer.

1200px-VH-3D_Marine_One_over_Washington_DC_May_2005.jpg

Egyptian Ukrainian cooperation: ( at a glimpse!)

- The P-18, P-14 radars have been upgraded to the P-18MA, P-14MA

- News about Egypt's contracting of 3 Kolchuga passive detection radars

- Acquiring missiles and spare parts for the Egyptian S-75 and S-125 air defense systems

- Negotiations are also underway to develop the S-125 pechora systems

- Egypt also acquired 2,000 R2 anti-armor missiles

- Egypt also acquired large numbers of Karaz vehicles

- Cooperation in the production and development of guided artillery shells such as (KVITNYK), (KARASUK) and (KRUCHA) models.

- Cooperation in the production / development of a HARD-KILL ACTIVE PROTECTION system for the benefit of "Egypt", similar to (ZASLON-L) "Ukrainian" system ..

- The new (IL221E) COUNTER-BATTARY RADAR for detecting sources of artillery and mortar fire.

- Cooperation in the field of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), such as the “suicide drone for searching and attacking air defense batteries” (RAM UAV KAMIKAZ2) .. Also cooperation in the field of producing missile drones for training the air defense forces (type) UAS OBRIY-M / L / P) ..

- Cooperation in the field of producing ATGW shells, such as two COMBAT shells caliber (125) mm and (KONUS) caliber (120) mm.

- Developing some "Egyptian" radar stations recently, such as the P-18-2 / 2D VHF radar.

- Obtaining the new IR SEEKER (ARSENAL-336/24) to produce a new version of the MANPAD system "Falcon Eye-2 / Black Hyena".

Egyptian Ukrainian cooperation: ( at a glimpse!)

- The P-18, P-14 radars have been upgraded to the P-18MA, P-14MA

- News about Egypt's contracting of 3 Kolchuga passive detection radars

- Acquiring missiles and spare parts for the Egyptian S-75 and S-125 air defense systems

- Negotiations are also underway to develop the S-125 pechora systems

- Egypt also acquired 2,000 R2 anti-armor missiles

- Egypt also acquired large numbers of Karaz vehicles

- Cooperation in the production and development of guided artillery shells such as (KVITNYK), (KARASUK) and (KRUCHA) models.

- Cooperation in the production / development of a HARD-KILL ACTIVE PROTECTION system for the benefit of "Egypt", similar to (ZASLON-L) "Ukrainian" system ..

- The new (IL221E) COUNTER-BATTARY RADAR for detecting sources of artillery and mortar fire.

- Cooperation in the field of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), such as the “suicide drone for searching and attacking air defense batteries” (RAM UAV KAMIKAZ2) .. Also cooperation in the field of producing missile drones for training the air defense forces (type) UAS OBRIY-M / L / P) ..

- Cooperation in the field of producing ATGW shells, such as two COMBAT shells caliber (125) mm and (KONUS) caliber (120) mm.

- Developing some "Egyptian" radar stations recently, such as the P-18-2 / 2D VHF radar.

- Obtaining the new IR SEEKER (ARSENAL-336/24) to produce a new version of the MANPAD system "Falcon Eye-2 / Black Hyena".
Fantastic news brilliant I always wanted Egypt to co-operate in producing an APS finally

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom