What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

The completion of the construction of the first Egyptian frigate Meko-A200EN

The German Rönner Group announces the completion of the construction of the first Egyptian frigate, Meko-A200EN, and will be inaugurated during the coming period, provided that it will enter service in the Egyptian Navy next year.

3 Ships will be manufactured in Germany, and one Ship will be manufactured in the Egyptian arsenal of Alexandria next year locally.

https://www.norderlesen.de/Heute/Po...NRcm1KhvjI4dN7BuFkajSQCAblz3QNIcof9bU-nI7vAjk

A-200-MEKO-Frigate-Algeria-1.jpg

Kh-31P or Kh-31PD or Kh-31A or Kh-31AD!??

Last edited:
- Cooperation in the production and development of guided artillery shells such as (KVITNYK), (KARASUK) and (KRUCHA) models.

- Cooperation in the production / development of a HARD-KILL ACTIVE PROTECTION system for the benefit of "Egypt", similar to (ZASLON-L) "Ukrainian" system ..
Those one confirmed ?

Kh-31P or Kh-31PD or Kh-31A or Kh-31AD!??

As Bozinovski notes, "it is unclear whether these missiles are the antiship variant (Kh-31AD) or the anti-radiation variant (Kh-31PD) designed to target long- and medium-range radar systems."

Those one confirmed ?
Yes.. you can look them up on the net..
As Bozinovski notes, "it is unclear whether these missiles are the antiship variant (Kh-31AD) or the anti-radiation variant (Kh-31PD) designed to target long- and medium-range radar systems."

It is good that no one knows..Only the EAF..

These here are another contract that happened under every one's noses and no one knew anything about them until that one picture that dude posted posing in front of one in a hanger, remember that?! And everyone was saying "nah, those are temporarily borrowed from Libya" but they had nothing to do with that. This was actually under a contract with the Ukraine for 12 of these bad boy Larrys lol. They're probably overhauled and refurbished Mi-24Vs but this was yet another contract that the Egyptian military snuck out under every one's noses back in 2017 without ever saying much about it until this year where this photo and from another exercise with the Hellenic Navy I believe is where they appeared and people started making note of their presence in the EAF. Now they operate 3 distinctly different attack helicopters including of course the Ka-52 which probably stole the show and allowed these to sneak through unnoticed.

These here are another contract that happened under every one's noses and no one knew anything about them until that one picture that dude posted posing in front of one in a hanger, remember that?! And everyone was saying "nah, those are temporarily borrowed from Libya" but they had nothing to do with that. This was actually under a contract with the Ukraine for 12 of these bad boy Larrys lol. They're probably overhauled and refurbished Mi-24Vs but this was yet another contract that the Egyptian military snuck out under every one's noses back in 2017 without ever saying much about it until this year where this photo and from another exercise with the Hellenic Navy I believe is where they appeared and people started making note of their presence in the EAF. Now they operate 3 distinctly different attack helicopters including of course the Ka-52 which probably stole the show and allowed these to sneak through unnoticed.
Bad boys indeed!

Still waiting for the Katran bad boys to show up..lol.. hope soon..I know it is just a question of time..

607664.jpg

e2c27ea5486858abd29165a1cf412ca3.jpg

28514689_1423252737787191_3983374354996053197_o.jpg

6dzfk5i.jpg

It is good that no one knows..Only the EAF..

It would behoove them to have a mixture of the two TBH. Why have strictly one type of payload with that particular munition? Besides, having a large air to ship arsenal already in several forms and even from ship to ship as it is it would make sense for them to have a dedicated number of them reserved strictly for attacking enemy radar stations.

And speaking of the anti-radiation type, check out the seeker in the cutaway section of that one missile!

screen30.jpg

screen31.jpg

It would behoove them to have a mixture of the two TBH. Why have strictly one type of payload with that particular munition? Besides, having a large air to ship arsenal already in several forms and even from ship to ship as it is it would make sense for them to have a dedicated number of them reserved strictly for attacking enemy radar stations.

And speaking of the anti-radiation type, check out the seeker in the cutaway section of that one missile!

screen30.jpg

screen31.jpg
Bro..I bet Egypt got all 4 of them types..
Not to forget the ones coming from China with the negotiated for 4 additional submarines and even the Brahmos from India probably..

I smile when I see a post like this with all these pictures because I don't know if you remember when I first joined here back in late 2016 and some of the people I knew were talking about the good times we used to have on another forum that was Iran Defense Forum and we had a pretty decent Egyptian contingency on there and there were a couple great threads about the October war and the Egyptian Air Force. But the biggest thing that comes to mind -- and this was from 2007 to about 2012 when the forum shut down -- but the main thing we remember is how difficult it was to find ANY Egyptian Armed Forces pics and I used to say all the time that they're paranoia was unsubstantiated and not to their advantage thinking that they weren't showing pictures because they believed in the old hush-hush philosophy of showing less to the spying eyes out there and that couldn't be further from the truth.

I used to write all the time that they were better off showing things to show off their power because that acts as a deterrent in many ways. Hiding things is only a scared tactic but showing your power is actually a beneficial method and I compared it to all the other big armies out there even the Israelis whom are the biggest paranoids around. Yet they had the best photos in the highest resolution and military updates etc. while we barely had pics that US military personnel would take when they were in Egypt.

Suddenly one of the members (his user name was Alokaa) sent me a link to the US DoD site and he was afraid to post pics from it because he thought if he was in Egypt, they would think he was involved in some spying network looool. So I looked though the link and let me tell you, 90% of the pics you see on Google Images about Bright Star exercises and the aircraft flying next to the pyramids were all downloaded from that site by yours truly and uploaded on that forum! I kid you not! Because prior to that, none of those pictures existed and no one ever saw them. That DoD site was a treasure trove!

All that said, I look at a post like the one you just posted and I'm quoting and I marvel at how far the Egyptian military has come as far as publicity is concerned and the availability of photos and how it's just like night and day! So glad that things have changed for the better.

Back
Top Bottom