What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

IMG_٢٠٢٠٠٩٢٩_١٩١٥٤٨.jpg

Last edited:

Fitted with ATAKA and VIKHR ATGMs , Ka-52 will be a "hellfire" against any enemy armored divisions .

ِAdd to this the Apache equipped with hellfire and Gazelle equipped with HOT and Sagger and Mi-24,17 ,also the ST-100 vehicles carrying 40 km land attack missile which has more range than the Israeli SPIKE NLOS .

Egyptian Ground Forces - Page 4 Screen20

Why new version of maadi?!
Not a Maadi it's a new Variant according to the Ministry of Military Production Site It's Called Misr Assault Rifle
ESK3I9eXUAA7sD4.jpeg

Not a Maadi it's a new Variant according to the Ministry of Military Production Site It's Called Misr Assault Rifle
View attachment 678720
First I should say welcome new Egyptian member
It's my problem but I hate ak guns yes they passed shiny experiences but I prefer caracal guns

First I should say welcome new Egyptian member
It's my problem but I hate ak guns yes they passed shiny experiences but I prefer caracal guns
Thank you 😊
Yeah I agree you with Caracal Guns are cool there is that feeling I like when I see UAE equipment or Any Arab country equipment in use with the Egyptian army and I will get more happy by seeing them using our made equipment as well feels good dealing with your Arabic brothers
what I want for egypt that the Service rifle Both Maadi or the New Misr to fire 5.45×39mm like the AK-74
Because I find 5.45×39mm Lighter than 7.62 and you can carry more of it as well as this ammunition can travel for longer distances due too it's weight
(Correct me if I am wrong)

Thank you 😊
Yeah I agree you with Caracal Guns are cool there is that feeling I like when I see UAE equipment or Any Arab country equipment in use with the Egyptian army and I will get more happy by seeing them using our made equipment as well feels good dealing with your Arabic brothers
what I want for egypt that the Service rifle Both Maadi or the New Misr to fire 5.45×39mm like the AK-74
Because I find 5.45×39mm Lighter than 7.62 and you can carry more of it as well as this ammunition can travel for longer distances due too it's weight
I don't know my military knowledge is not good but I think that different weight is not important range of bullet is more useable for a soldier maybe I'm in mistake here we have better members for ask

View attachment 678720

love it! And I second what our friend @Wilhelm II said, welcome, welcome, welcome to another Egyptian member. :victory:

As for those rifles, they look good. I already see 3 that I want for myself! :D

Egyptian S-300V4

O7jXkbSmvBo.jpg

S-300VM_9A83ME_launcher_unit_Antey-2500_air_defense_missile_syste_Russia_Russian_defence_industry_details_001.jpg

The circles in the first picture show the ranges of the radar coverage and the missile engagement as follows:

- The largest circle in white indicates the range of the 9S15ME All-Round Surveillance Radar, which is 500 km with detection capacity up to 60 km altitude. It is the main radar of the system, along with two other radars for guiding missiles, surveying sectors, and monitoring, tracking and capturing mobile and ballistic missiles, stealth targets and low radar sections, each with a range of 400 km.

- The second circle shows the maximum range of engagement of the 9M82MDE missile, which is an extended-range version of the 9M92ME missile, which deals with medium-range ballistic missiles fired from a distance of 2,500 km, AWACS early warning aircraft, reconnaissance aircraft, electronic aerial survey, ISTAR / ISR targets, jamming and electronic attack aircraft / Electronic Attack, and it contains a heavy warhead weighing 150 kg with a high explosive ballistic fragmentation Proximity Fuse that detonates the warhead focused in the direction of the target when it is in close proximity to the missile. The range of engagement against the aircraft - as indicated - reaches 350 km, and the altitude is 25 meters to 30 km, and the range of engagement against ballistic missiles is 30 km and the height is 1-25 km.

- The third circle shows the maximum engagement range of the 9M92ME missile, which is 250 km, and has the same specifications as mentioned above.

- The fourth and final circle shows the maximum engagement range of the 9M83ME missile, which is intended to deal with combat aircraft, cruise missiles and ballistic missiles fired from a distance of up to a maximum of 1150 km, and it contains a heavy warhead weighing 150 kg with a high explosive fragmentation with a proximity fuse that detonates the warhead Focused in the direction of the target when in close proximity to the missile. The range of engagement against the aircraft - as indicated - reaches 130 km, the height is 25 meters - 30 km, the range of engagement against ballistic missiles is 40 km and the height is 1-25 km.

love it! And I second what our friend @Wilhelm II said, welcome, welcome, welcome to another Egyptian member. :victory:

As for those rifles, they look good. I already see 3 that I want for myself! :D
Maybe you did not read that but I asked can Italy replace German parts of meteor missile for Egypt?
@The SC what do you think about that?

Maybe you did not read that but I asked can Italy replace German parts of meteor missile for Egypt?

I'm thinking that since Italy was part of the quadruple countries that built the Typhoon and the meteor was to be an eventual missile for that aircraft (and Italy is a current operator of the missile for their Typhoons) and so they should be able to make these decisions if they are members of the production consortium. Even though the Meteor I believe is mostly a British creation executed and developed by MBDA, there are several partners involved in that and the Italians are more involved in the development of the missile than Dassault is since the French were never part of the Typhoon program. It's mostly a guess on my part based on that reasoning.

Thank you 😊
Greetings,
To have a better idea at what rifle Egypt needs we need to look in depth at what scenarios we come across too;
Egypt’s Western border is flat and eyes cover wide areas of view thus:
We need a rifle good at range, accuracy that uses light, long range ammo.
Egypt’s Southern borders are a mix between valleys and flat deserts but looking at Sudan’s AirPower the EAF would have a good chance of neutralizing targets within valleys and like how years taught us, smuggling takes place in the flat terrain so I’d select the same criteria as the previous one:
A rifle good at range, accuracy that uses light, long range ammo.
And then we move to our Eastern borders, Israel and Gaza share borders with us. The former is covering both flat and valley terrain but one should keep in mind that the Israelis usually fight where roads are close, that for how they carried nearly all wars and how their geography makes them fight like in the Golan Heights or the Sinai in the past - roads are usually in flat terrain so I’d keep my on the same button:
A rifle good at range, accuracy that uses light, long range ammo.
Now, what fits this criteria?
AKs are less accurate (Yep, recoil dooms AKs), use 7.62mm which are inferior to range than their counterparts.
On the other hand, AR-15s and Carbines are better at accuracy, and use 5.56mm which fit the Criteria.

Last edited:
Italy can't replace German parts on the meteor..we saw that with the restrictions put by Germany on Saudi Arabia's Meteor missiles.. but Egypt has no such issues with Germany.. so no need to think like that..

Back
Top Bottom