What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Italy can't replace German parts on the meteor..we saw that with the restrictions put by Germany on Saudi Arabia's Meteor missiles.. but Egypt has no such issues with Germany.. so no need to think like that..

As long as there aren't any American parts, right? I think that's the only thing they need to worry about, obviously.

That post of yours on the S-300V4 is fantastic. They get a lot of coverage with the 4 types of missiles within their own layering that's there, but they also get the different layering from all the other systems which are a bit closer in range except the German IRIS-T-SL is interesting to see how they have that integrated within this entire layering system they have going. I would think that the S-300's own radars function with the missiles and the IRIS-T-SL also has its own incredible radar but I'm thinking they both also would take independent commands for target designation and tracking from the Protivnik-GE and the Resonance-NE. It really is quite the set up!

I meant to tell you back when we were discussing the 6th October War is that this is one of my favorite pictures of that war which is an EAF MiG-17 harassing the enemy during that cease fire stall they were playing with. This was one of many harassments the Egyptian military was dishing out at them to let them know they need to start moving out of there or else all hell was about to break loose. Some other incredible footage of Su-7 banking over the enemy on the west bank and it flies over the canal and over the 3rd army locations and you can hear the Israelis yelling and things like that lol. If I find it I'll post it.

But here's that great harassment pic!

wSyoqNq.jpg

Italy can't replace German parts on the meteor..we saw that with the restrictions put by Germany on Saudi Arabia's Meteor missiles.. but Egypt has no such issues with Germany.. so no need to think like that..
Sadly. We need a conservative government in Germany some one like trump but Germans are smarter than Americans and its bad for us we need stupids in northern Europe because countries like France or Italy have not problems for arm deals
As long as there aren't any American parts, right? I think that's the only thing they need to worry about, obviously.

That post of yours on the S-300V4 is fantastic. They get a lot of coverage with the 4 types of missiles within their own layering that's there, but they also get the different layering from all the other systems which are a bit closer in range except the German IRIS-T-SL is interesting to see how they have that integrated within this entire layering system they have going. I would think that the S-300's own radars function with the missiles and the IRIS-T-SL also has its own incredible radar but I'm thinking they both also would take independent commands for target designation and tracking from the Protivnik-GE and the Resonance-NE. It really is quite the set up!

I meant to tell you back when we were discussing the 6th October War is that this is one of my favorite pictures of that war which is an EAF MiG-17 harassing the enemy during that cease fire stall they were playing with. This was one of many harassments the Egyptian military was dishing out at them to let them know they need to start moving out of there or else all hell was about to break loose. Some other incredible footage of Su-7 banking over the enemy on the west bank and it flies over the canal and over the 3rd army locations and you can hear the Israelis yelling and things like that lol. If I find it I'll post it.

View attachment 679201
Great pictures
I like that right man shape standing on vehicle
Is they fuel tanks under wings?

Last edited:

View attachment 679201
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/comm...t-complex-missile-system-in-the-world.534655/

Yeah some really great unseen footage coming out of these recent videos commemorating Air Force Day. We'll get into why it's this date later on but here are some stills from this great new footage. First thing I notice is the great captures of the MiG-29/35, first one with a pair of KH-31s.

EkS2zSdXkAImWED

EkS17bPWsAE9G7L

EkS2zyiWsAE47yh

EkS164vWkAED-f-

EkS16LuWAAAu_gD
What are those hole shapes on helmet?

Some neat Wing Loong footage also in the commemoration video. The command center is much bigger than that but even them showing this little bit is fascinating considering how secretive they are and have been about all the drones in the EAF, and there are A LOT just from what we know and this type here, their numbers are tremendous in the EAF or at least what is out there and known.

EkS0SyzXYAAcIk1

EkS0TSXXsAQbk8o

EkS0SSjXkAE4xTM

Happy Air Force Day to EAF!

Thank you again, LoG! So just FYI, this is the real reason why the US has not and will never give the EAF any advanced BVR missiles under the begging of Israel, exactly what created this day ~ Air Force Day in Egypt.

EG3mSDAWsAAbC2O

During the October War (known outside the Arab world as the Yom Kippur war), the air battle of El Mansoura took place on the 14th of October, 1973, when the Egyptian air force repelled the Israeli Air Force in a large-scale attempt to strike the vital Mansoura air base, & succeeded in downing 18 Israeli fighter jets to 3 losses in an air battle that lasted 53 minutes.

All of this came after the Israelis had tremendous success in 1967, destroying Egyptian airplanes on the ground without the EAF ever having a chance to get up in the air and fight back. And the 6 years later with the start of the 6th October War and 8 days into it, the Israeli Air Force still thought they could just fly to any Egyptian airbase and take out unsuspecting parked jets just like they did in 1967. What happened instead was the EAF was ready this time and ruined the surprise in one of the longest and largest air battles in the history of modern air warfare that favored Egypt.

Since then, the obvious momentum shift didn't go unnoticed and with the ensuing peace treaty and agreements on military aid, the QME (Qualitative Military Edge) was instituted which prohibited the US from giving the EAF any advanced weapons with the F-16s that would ruin the day for the Israelis should the peace treaty break down and war start again.

This shed a clear light to every one who doesn't know why the advanced AMRAAMs are denied to Egypt and while it sucks not to have them, the reason is pretty funny and somewhat satisfying TBH. :lol:

Last edited:
Also we need big number of ground attack aircrafts like A10
Textron scorpion is my favourite
And air tractor

What about su 34 with platypus face?
Do you think Egypt need bombers like before
Fighter bomber with toilet what is better than it
There are enough F-16 dedicated just for that!..A-10 is like the F-22..not available for export.. Egypt has a few air tractor..

Yes SU-34 might be a good addition .. but the SU-35 is capable of bombing too..as it is a multirole fighter.. while the SU-34 is dedicated to bombing.. It is a good long range bomber though with toilets for the pilots..lol ..meaning a very long range bomber..

@Mamajama , this is a relatively new Egyptian-built laser warning receiver (LWR) for tanks and APCs and all sorts of armored vehicles that according to some local sources works really well. Hoping soon to see an Egyptian-built APS and some next gen ATGMs.

EkTrwJqXkAEZzUD

Thank you again, LoG! So just FYI, this is the real reason why the US has not and will never give the EAF any advanced BVR missiles under the begging of Israel, exactly what created this day ~ Air Force Day in Egypt.

EG3mSDAWsAAbC2O

During the October War (known outside the Arab world as the Yom Kippur war), the air battle of El Mansoura took place on the 14th of October, 1973, when the Egyptian air force repelled the Israeli Air Force in a large-scale attempt to strike the vital Mansoura air base, & succeeded in downing 18 Israeli fighter jets to 3 losses in an air battle that lasted 53 minutes.

All of this came after the Israelis had tremendous success in 1967, destroying Egyptian airplanes on the ground without the EAF ever having a chance to get up in the air and fight back. And the 6 years later with the start of the 6th October War and 8 days into it, the Israeli Air Force still thought they could just fly to any Egyptian airbase and take out unsuspecting parked jets just like they did in 1967. What happened instead was the EAF was ready this time and ruined the surprise in one of the longest and largest air battles in the history of modern air warfare that favored Egypt.

Since then, the obvious momentum shift didn't go unnoticed and with the ensuing peace treaty and agreements on military aid, the QME (Qualitative Military Edge) was instituted which prohibited the US from giving the EAF any advanced weapons with the F-16s that would ruin the day for the Israelis should the peace treaty break down and war start again.

This shed a clear light to every one who doesn't know why the advanced AMRAAMs are denied to Egypt and while it sucks not to have them, the reason is pretty funny and somewhat satisfying TBH. :lol:
Not to forget the phantom week in 1970 while EAF was still building its air defence wall.. where a lot of phantoms were brought down .. more than 10 in week.. with the EAF not even ready yet.. lol
@Mamajama , this is a relatively new Egyptian-built laser warning receiver (LWR) for tanks and APCs and all sorts of armored vehicles that according to some local sources works really well. Hoping soon to see an Egyptian-built APS and some next gen ATGMs.

EkTrwJqXkAEZzUD
Heard a wile back that Egypt was working on its own APS as well..
The Egyptian leadership knew about the breach in the deversoir.. and its plan by the Israelis from the Egyptian intelligence, and it kept two divisions west of the canal to deal with it..
I invite you to watch:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom