What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Roundel on ships?!
I can't diagnose center colour but on the ship they are Italian flag colour
images

images

Mohammad Zaki attends a portion of the Rada'a 2020 exercise and maneuvers with live ammunition and this is the first time I've ever seen the US-made M270 MLRS at minute 0:34/0:35 and then again towards the end at minute 4:00. Through all the decades that I've been following these forces, I've never seen that specific MLRS in Egyptian hands or being deployed like that. I had to ask a friend of mine on Twitter what they were lol. Pretty cool and didn't know the Egyptian Armed Forced operated those in their inventory.

MLRS-U.S.-Army.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M270_Multiple_Launch_Rocket_System#Current_operators

23px-Flag_of_Saudi_Arabia.svg.png
Saudi Arabia: Armed Forces of Saudi Arabia (180) Royal Saudi Land Force Royal Artillery Corps

Mohammad Zaki attends a portion of the Rada'a 2020 exercise and maneuvers with live ammunition and this is the first time I've ever seen the US-made M270 MLRS at minute 0:34/0:35 and then again towards the end at minute 4:00. Through all the decades that I've been following these forces, I've never seen that specific MLRS in Egyptian hands or being deployed like that. I had to ask a friend of mine on Twitter what they were lol. Pretty cool and didn't know the Egyptian Armed Forced operated those in their inventory.

Egypt also has bought the Chinese WS-2 MLRS , 200 to 350 km .

Morocco and Egypt are among the few countries to have bought such a system with high strategic value.

1603025092430.png

Just found out this threat existed.
So anyways....

The Egyptian military has all the cool weapons a military needs. They keep buying stuff, yet they usually perform horribly in war like really. Be it the overall result or casualties, they do their job horribly. They need a better strategy at this point, not just weaponry.

Just found out this threat existed.
So anyways....

The Egyptian military has all the cool weapons a military needs. They keep buying stuff, yet they usually perform horribly in war like really. Be it the overall result or casualties, they do their job horribly. They need a better strategy at this point, not just weaponry.
Noted , i will mail them now .Thanks bro :close_tema:

Egypt also has bought the Chinese WS-2 MLRS , 200 to 350 km .

This I knew they had and we've seen it a couple of times already and it's great. I just never knew they had bought the American M270. It's just one of those things that slipped through the cracks for me, very strange but interesting to say the least. And it's good to see them live-firing exercise and using up some of those rockets (quite a few, actually) meaning they'll most likely get re-filled hopefully before the sanctions (if they get imposed) go into effect.

The other very neat aspect to that live fire exercise I noticed is the extensive participation of the MiG-35 with the ground units which we haven't seen until now. Usually it's the F-16s that are participating with the ground units probably because of experience as well as the comms that are set up (JTAC) which has all been set up with American help and American equipment and always with the F-16s. So seeing them using the MiG-35s now appears to be that they are shifting their JTAC commands to wider air support other than American or western units which is a great thing! Something we were always wondering how they would be able to tackle those communication issues with the different hardware types, especially with ground units.

This would be a great thing for the EAF or Armed Forces to get into and make happen. They can start with the 50 units of the SCARAB UAVs they got from the US back in the 80's/90's that are still unpacked and in their boxes with their packaging still wrapped around them (hard to believe when I read that last year) and then someone posted pics of them on this thread and asked about them. Then I suggested they should turn them into kamikaze drones if they're too old to use now with all the new and much better drones that they have and are using. Might as well take those out, open them up, reverse engineer whatever needs to be engineered and either make copies or use them and turn them into Kamikaze drones.

According to this handle, Vietnam is thinking of turning their stored MiG-21s into unmanned drones of some kind, either UAVs or UCAVs or just kamikaze drones. That would be a huge waste but a very large explosive element, though, to turn an entire MiG-21 into a kamikaze drone. A UAV might be better but it also could be a very difficult thing to do with this specific aircraft since they were rather difficult to take off and land. Because of their smaller lift surfaces (wings primarily), they needed to increase their air speed in order to maintain lift. The MiG-12 was designed to take off fast, reach it's target fast, intercept it and shoot it down and return to base fast and that's really it. That's why most UAVs have rather large and almost glider-like wings to make them able to generate lift at rather slower speeds and loiter a lot longer. It would be pretty difficult to turn MiG-21s into unmanned drones but would be nice to see if Vietnam can make this happen.

AIO company has a good base to start producing optics for hels and make a joint projects with Russia or China for producing air targeting Pods and optics , i hope they will expand their projects .

This is a very good company for the Egyptian industry, it will allow the use of local optics on future Egyptian armored vehicles like tanks, IFVs and APCs..
They could also produce optics for future Egyptian missile systems, and I wish they could produce a seeker for the infrared missiles.. It would be a huge step in making advanced missile systems inside Egypt..

This I knew they had and we've seen it a couple of times already and it's great. I just never knew they had bought the American M270. It's just one of those things that slipped through the cracks for me, very strange but interesting to say the least. And it's good to see them live-firing exercise and using up some of those rockets (quite a few, actually) meaning they'll most likely get re-filled hopefully before the sanctions (if they get imposed) go into effect.

The other very neat aspect to that live fire exercise I noticed is the extensive participation of the MiG-35 with the ground units which we haven't seen until now. Usually it's the F-16s that are participating with the ground units probably because of experience as well as the comms that are set up (JTAC) which has all been set up with American help and American equipment and always with the F-16s. So seeing them using the MiG-35s now appears to be that they are shifting their JTAC commands to wider air support other than American or western units which is a great thing! Something we were always wondering how they would be able to tackle those communication issues with the different hardware types, especially with ground units.

Wait what I never knew we had such MRLS the WS-2

Wait what I never knew we had such MRLS the WS-2

They've been very hush-hush about that. Same with some of the other Chinese stuff they get which I'm not sure why TBH. There's a 6x6 APC they bought a couple years ago similar to the Pagaso BMR they have but you don't see them showing it off much in any of the videos. Neither do they show the Korean K-136 MLRS but in that video, along with the M-270 looks like the SAKR MLRS directly behind it also firing from a tracked unit. There is some interesting stuff going on in that video with quick snippets you really have to pay attention to notice them lol. I think there's a section were they're firing the M-109 Howitzer also.

As far as the WS-2, with the listed range of 200 km and the supposed claim that it might even be close to 350 km is insanely crazy and that might be a huge reason why we don't see it anywhere except for in articles that they purchased it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom