What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

@Gomig-21 Thanks for the post bro , it seems Egypt is heavily upgarding it's forces and EW cababilities , only we need to invest more in self production of weapons.

This is the Egyptian AD-21 Anti Drone Jammer.

EcmwkReWoAA8pzT

And this is the reason why Egyptian engineers needed to design a new air filter for the M1Abrams. I guess the Americans got really pissed off because they weren't told of the modification, which was only a better breathing and non-clogging filter lol. But still, they were ticked off and this is what one has to deal with when it comes to these types of "situations."

Ebh8n2-WkAA3vEK

EdqOKxIWsAAfDBi

EZS8W4wXYAMVlDI

Sunset Rafale.
EdsF58QWAAAlQl8

Any published cababilities of that AD-21 anti drone ?

I'm looking into it since I just found out about it this morning. But also hoping that @Philip the Arab hurries up with his ban and comes back because he has great knowledge about all this new, Egyptian-built military stuff and I bet he has information about it. Maybe one of the mods can give him a break and end his ban because he's a good contributor and that ban was more of a personal reason than breaking the rules IMO. Anyway, we'll get the info on it eventually.

Any published cababilities of that AD-21 anti drone ?
@Gomig-21

Also, on display at the Egypt pavilion is the AD-21 Anti-Drone jammer, which is capable of omni-directional jamming capability against swarm attacks.

The AD-21 has a total output power of 355 watt and a radius of effective protection of up to 4 km. The AD-21 can operate 24/7 in any weather condition and does not require to be paired with any other kind of sensor.

The AD-21 is on display at the Egypt Ministry of Defence Research and Development section.

https://gbp.com.sg/stories/indigenous-anti-drone-jammer-showcased/https://gbp.com.sg/stories/indigenous-anti-drone-jammer-showcased/

I think we'll find out very soon because I have the feeling that the first few shots of Indian Rafales loaded with amunition will be fully loaded and hence, would have the complete package and they won't hesitate to show the Meteor if in fact it has been delivered. Then we'll just have to wait and see if such a thing has happened to the EAF's Rafales and according to that book, if there's any truth to that. I suppose all it would take is one of those 4 nations to show a pic, either Qatar or Saudiya and then we can probably give that article full acknowledgment.

In the meantime, I heard India has requested the AASM HAMMERs as an emergency purchase. Those things are some pretty decent standoff smart bombs and could easily have been used in Libya several times, including recent strikes against valuable targets.

It looks like they use the same or similar one-man fork-lifter to lift the MICAs and AASMs into place.
DpipfofXUAEWWLi

DpipfpvW0AEITaS

Dpipf4rXgAElEXR

Dpipf6BX4AA9fQi

And from what I've found out, you only need one aircraft with a Talios targeting pod to work for all aircraft in flight. How many at once remains to be found out.

EHDyGePWkAA_0Sl.jpg

Some more pics.

Egypt apparently has 108 Wing Loong UCAVs. That's a pretty good number of drones and that doesn't include all the other types it operates. It has had great success with this specific type, though.

EdpFwJ4WoAIveoB

EdpFwJ4XsAEq40b

Paratroopers.

EcvFcThWkAYc3NA

ENS Anwar El Sadat with the Spanish Juan Carlos.
Ea9juxvX0AAxxio

Another neat pic of El Sadat because of the visibility of the bulbous bow through the water at the front keel.

EcxOeHWXgAA1ZkP

Hopefully soon we'll see the naval version of this killer attack helo along with the defensive CIWS armament to go on these great big ships.

EcunewyWkAEBOet

They're certainly taking their time and as brilliant as the Avenger-equipped HUMVEEs idea has been, they still need a rapid-firing CIWS such as the Phalanx. This is just some great stuff!

Yah full potential of Rafale will be used by IAF with these 36 from get go, to accumulate the 1st hand operational experience quickly and physically pass this on in the strongest terms to the MOD bureaucrats to get their act together and commit to more. 36 is not sufficient...and I am sure it wont stop at these. Hence you see things like HAMMER being acquired and fast too....to quickly ramp up the pressure on the MOD fatheads.

MiG-35 in Desert camo with 4 R-77-1s, 2-R-73 and a pair of Kh-31s. First time seeing it with a full weapons load with 4 loaded pylons per wing.

EdvEvFqWkAIRnm8

MiG-35 in Desert camo with 4 R-77-1s, 2-R-73 and a pair of Kh-31s. First time seeing it with a full weapons load with 4 loaded pylons per wing.

EdvEvFqWkAIRnm8

Are they just all referred to as Mig 35? Or is this Mig 29 M/M2 (from earlier 2014 deal)? Because there was a Mig-35 deal signed recently too I believe in 2019.

There seem to be something unclear here to me about classification given the way these orders were sequenced and some revised later.

Could you shed some light?

Back
Top Bottom