What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

The first photographs of Egyptian Super Flankers are out on the social media now.

Very nice. So the first 5 are ready or being tested and we still don't see any with the wingtip ECM pods, so maybe those are still to come or that's a removable and attachable item? Not sure yet.

Pretty much the same color as the MiG-35s it seems. Here's the TASS source. https://vk.com/wall-164496481_475

Very nice. So the first 5 are ready or being tested and we still don't see any with the wingtip ECM pods, so maybe those are still to come or that's a removable and attachable item? Not sure yet.

Pretty much the same color as the MiG-35s it seems. Here's the TASS source. https://vk.com/wall-164496481_475
Yes it is the Khibini pods..they are removable or can even be just one carried underneath or inside the plane..

Yes it is the Khibini pods..they are removable or can even be just one carried underneath or inside the plane..

If they are in fact removable, then the wingtip pylon also has to come off to allow the Khibiny pod to be installed right onto the wingtip and not on the pylon. That seems like a lot and I was always under the impression those were permanently attached one way or the other. Do you have a source that explains that at all, bro?

You can see here on the Su-24 there is no pylon and you rarely see those come on and off. I'm just curious and not arguing with you, bro.
1024px-Sukhoi_Su-34_%2809_RED%29.jpg

If they are in fact removable, then the wingtip pylon also has to come off to allow the Khibiny pod to be installed right onto the wingtip and not on the pylon. That seems like a lot and I was always under the impression those were permanently attached one way or the other. Do you have a source that explains that at all, bro?

You can see here on the Su-24 there is no pylon and you rarely see those come on and off. I'm just curious and not arguing with you, bro.
1024px-Sukhoi_Su-34_%2809_RED%29.jpg

The Khibiny M system mainly relies on external jamming pods, as the KNIRTI SAP-518 ECM and SAP-14 support jammer ECM pod jammer are the mainstay of the jamming system for the Khibiny M system ..

KNIRTI-SAP-518-ECM-Pod-VVK-1S.jpg

The Pod is basically a part of the Radio Frequency Surveillance system that depends primarily on DRFM technology .. where the front and rear hemisphere antenna - receiving and emitting signals system antennas capture hostile RF signals that DRFM uses in the post-Casas of hostile radio signals that It processes and analyzes them and then re-copies them to the source and disturbs it in real-time signal processing or through the pre-programming feature that is characterized by programmable features, where the jamming complex is characterized by consistency in the analysis of digital signals coherent digital signal processing _ generate interference jammer interference _ generate noise and signals False noise, false targets _ and all of this is done by the central system processor which is at the same time responsible for the power management of the Pod and is responsible for tracking procedures in relation to capturing hostile signals and processing them to the end of the process..

Those wingtip pylons can carry missiles too..

cover_5b2e279b9420c1_70789428.jpg

Last edited:
The Khibiny M system mainly relies on external jamming pods, as the KNIRTI SAP-518 ECM and SAP-14 support jammer ECM pod jammer are the mainstay of the jamming system for the Khibiny M system ..

KNIRTI-SAP-518-ECM-Pod-VVK-1S.jpg

The Pod is basically a part of the Radio Frequency Surveillance system that depends primarily on DRFM technology .. where the front and rear hemisphere antenna - receiving and emitting signals system antennas capture hostile RF signals that DRFM uses in the post-Casas of hostile radio signals that It processes and analyzes them and then re-copies them to the source and disturbs it in real-time signal processing or through the pre-programming feature that is characterized by programmable features, where the jamming complex is characterized by consistency in the analysis of digital signals coherent digital signal processing _ generate interference jammer interference _ generate noise and signals False noise, false targets _ and all of this is done by the central system processor which is at the same time responsible for the power management of the Pod and is responsible for tracking procedures in relation to capturing hostile signals and processing them to the end of the process..

I understand all of this, habibi SC. DRFM is incredible technology that actually requires quite a bit of internal hardware as well as software. That said, it would seem that those platforms -- including the Su-34 -- have dedicated ECM aircraft where those have the pods permanently attached to them since they've been wired and have all the necessary internals to make use of them (which is not a small task) and then there are the others with pylons that are strictly fighting platforms. In other words, it's kind of the same concept as the EA-18G Growler. One aircraft is permanently set up that way for ECM warfare while the others get fed information from that one aircraft as the the ECM warfare it's pushing out and what it's causing out there to help the rest of the flight squadron. Just MO until there is an actual source that tells us the pods are interchangeable which I really don't think they are. Sorry about being stubborn lol. What I would like to do is get a hold of one of those brochures on that rack next to the pods in that picture!

I understand all of this, habibi SC. DRFM is incredible technology that actually requires quite a bit of internal hardware as well as software. That said, it would seem that those platforms -- including the Su-34 -- have dedicated ECM aircraft where those have the pods permanently attached to them since they've been wired and have all the necessary internals to make use of them (which is not a small task) and then there are the others with pylons that are strictly fighting platforms. In other words, it's kind of the same concept as the EA-18G Growler. One aircraft is permanently set up that way for ECM warfare while the others get fed information from that one aircraft as the the ECM warfare it's pushing out and what it's causing out there to help the rest of the flight squadron. Just MO until there is an actual source that tells us the pods are interchangeable which I really don't think they are. Sorry about being stubborn lol. What I would like to do is get a hold of one of those brochures on that rack next to the pods in that picture!
"The latest electronic achievements are used in SAP-518, including powerful broadband active antenna arrays. The station is mounted in two suspended containers on the wingtips. One container carries the receiver to determine emission frequency. The second one holds digital radio frequency memory with a jamming transmitter."
Not sure though..they can be fixed too..

"The latest electronic achievements are used in SAP-518, including powerful broadband active antenna arrays. The station is mounted in two suspended containers on the wingtips. One container carries the receiver to determine emission frequency. The second one holds digital radio frequency memory with a jamming transmitter."
Not sure though..they can be fixed too..

I don't understand Russian, but the end seems pretty funny the way the one guy laughs after the F-16s think they've hit a target when in reality they hit either a decoy or their missiles were jammed to self destroy? lol. Either way, it's kinda funny. End of the video.

I don't understand Russian, but the end seems pretty funny the way the one guy laughs after the F-16s think they've hit a target when in reality they hit either a decoy or their missiles were jammed to self destroy? lol. Either way, it's kinda funny. End of the video.

KNIRTI-L005S-Sorbstiya-Pod-1.jpg

This is an old picture showing details..that they might just slide them in that wingtip pylon an bolt them there..

@Gomig-21
EAF may just want to check out the Aegian M2K ops, they can easily form the Vanguard for future operations.
HAF has their very best pilots on the -5EG which forms about a sqn.
Considering the EAF Rafales already have the deadly MICA IR and MBDA has a roadmap for the NG variant, it will be a great investment.
If you are interested, Air Forces Monthly covered the HAF M2K-5EG a month or two ago which is a great read.

OMG it's an air tank :yahoo:

No more need to the Americans thanks to our leadership. Let them do their best to satisfy their one or two slaves in the region. We must strengthen our relations with Russia and la Republique Francaise to the maximum, and I’m pretty sure we will get the Su-57 once they are ready.

No more need to the Americans thanks to our leadership. Let them do their best to satisfy their one or two slaves in the region. We must strengthen our relations with Russia and la Republique Francaise to the maximum, and I’m pretty sure we will get the Su-57 once they are ready.
Very good moves from Sisi , could US put sanctions ?

Back
Top Bottom